Family Dollarcashier and 12pck mt. dew

S Jan 19, 2020 Review updated:

The sign for the 12 pck of Pepsi cans was on sale 3/$11 and then when I went to ring up at the cash register it didnt give the discount to make it 3/$11 and so the cashier, Shirley, got the sale paper and looked at the date and said ohh this went out yesterday you can get this 3/$11 and I said yes mam there are signs everywhere that they are 3/$11 including right on the display and on the isles so I would appreciate if you would call your manager and at first she refused then after a line started forming and she was the only employee she started calling. She got the district manager on the phone and he told her to honor the price. So she rings up my stuff and says she is putting it in as 3/$11 but after I pay and start looking at the receipt she STILL did NOT honor the 3/$11 price I was charged $12.90 and I was using my EBT card and there were not any taxes so I know she did this on purpose. I'm so sick and tired of having a problem everytime I go into that particular family dollar.

Family Dollar

• Updated by Shauna Jones · Jan 20, 2020

[censored] you, ur the dumb brat who has no idea what ur talking about especially considering i DO have a job and my taxes pays for those stamps as well I just don't make enough for a single mother of 3 who's father passed away so yeah u lil brat I get help from the goverment to help make ends meet considering my taxes also pays for those stamps and so yes I try to shop smart and cheap!! I wouldnt have even bought the damn drinks if they hadnt been on sale smartass!! And I have every right to be upset when I'm cheated out of my money! So b4 u go running ur mouth u need to know all the facts first!

• Updated by Shauna Jones · Jan 20, 2020

U really are one stupid bit*h, have u even read ur own messages because OBVIOUSLY you can't spell either huh?! Why would you be this worried about someone else and constantly commenting if you actually had a good life or a life at all really?! Lmao I guess that answers my question. Maybe u should stop worrying about me and mine and go worry about ur own or better yet the lack there of!!! And what kind of person actually sits and talks about someone else's DEAD husband like that?? Must not be much of a human being

• K
      Jan 20, 2020

I don't think the cashier intentionally put in the wrong price. I see it says 3 @ $4.30, the regular price 3 cases of these sodas are $15.30, $15.30 - $4.30 = $11. I'm pretty sure the cashier thought they were subtracting $4.30 from the total, and not ringing each one up at $4.30. Fact of the matter is though there are no laws requiring retailers to honor these kind of mistakes, with Pepsi-Cola they actually aren't allowed to override prices since it's a vendor managed item.

PS I wouldn't try to defend being on food stamps if I were anybody. Fact of the matter is I'd never be on food stamps nor anyone in my family would. I'd never be so irresponsible to have 3 kids without independent means to support them. I'm holding off on having kids till I become financial sufficient so that if I were to die my kids would still be taken care of without assistance. I'd probably be much closer to that goal if not for your irresponsible husband who didn't plan ahead.

•   Jan 20, 2020

you should not be using government gifted money on crap. that should not be allowed. I am embarrassed by my country for allowing this.

2nd... many times they send papers/circulars whatever out before the sale actually takes place because people like to plan their trips to the grocery stores/other stores due to inability to get there in a car.

you do realize that tax is not included in the 3/11 price. you'd have a shi7fit in ny or another state where you have to pay a redeeming price!

• K
      Jan 20, 2020

I'd beg to differ. I'd have no problem with anyone talking about me in this fashion, nor would any grown man if they left their family in such dire circumstances after death. Biggest worry for any man is will my family be cared for without me, and we punish ourselves when our family is harmed, fore we know we could have done better for them. I'm reminded of a scene from pride a prejudice when Mr. Bennet blamed hisself for not having the forethought to save money aside to pay Wickham to do right and marry his daughter Lydia. It's been awhile since I've watched it, but I do believe that Darcy paid the requirement for Wickham to follow through with his responsibilities, though Bennet didn't know this and thought the Gardners paid the debt and that he owed them dearly for what they did for his daughter.