Menu
Family Dollar
reviews & complaints

Family Dollar
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

1962 complaints
81 resolved 1881 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Family Dollar. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
W
11:18 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

January 15, 2018 11:30 am I entered Family Dollar at this location with my wife to purchase garbage bags. Upon entering I was asked to remove my hood. I was wearing a sweatshirt and had my hood on because it was cold. This was very offensive and discriminatory. My wife was wearing a hat that covered her head just like my hood. Why was she not asked to...

R
8:44 pm EST

Family Dollar - false advertising

I went shopping and the clothing rack was marked 50% off, look for black and brown squares... I took 2 items to the cash register and the cashier told me that not all items on the rack were 50% off, just select. So she rung them up and they indeed were not marked down. I told her they both had a black square on them and she said that didn't matter. So I asked her, well then how would you know if something is 50% off, and she said, I don't know, I guess bring them up to the register. Really? What kind of service is this...shouldn't they be put on a separate rack then so people can identify what is on sale and what is not...?

11:27 am EST

Family Dollar - management

I was offered a job in management, did everything required of me. Was told to hurry up and do the assessment so we can begin the paper work. When I had gotten the job turns out it was a bait and switch because I did not apply to be a part time employee and I have many text showing that. I will not work for a company who's employees/Management lack courage or cannot stand by their word. Maybe tgey need to take the assessment test again. I need Todd the DM from store 4270 to see this because there is so much more that this will not allow me to write.

5:15 pm EST

Family Dollar - customer service

I went today to the Family Dollar in Methuen on Jackson Street and the customer service was horrible and she was cursing in Spanish on her cell phone and follow me my kids everywhere terrible, I think they need to change the staff, every one that works there is family, every time u want something they never got it but it's behind the counter for them selves I think is horrible ...

2:35 pm EST

Family Dollar - manager

Just want to complain about Manager at Store #7095. She is very rude to customers tells them not to come into the store when she is there if we don't like the way she does things. The store is always a mess and she is usually on her phone while customers are in the store. A lot of people have said they will not go in there anymore cause she is the rudest person around. She fired a lot of good employees that were very nice and kept the store nice and organized, So just wondering how long your company is going to allow this to happen to your store. She is running people out of there. So I guess if you want to keep losing business then keep her in charge I think you need to get rid of her for your business sake. Please email me back about my response. Thank you Shelly E-Mail [protected]@msn.com

9:44 am EST

Family Dollar - leaving my personal cart at the desk and, being followed around at the store everytime I come in from manager.

Came into the store last night, just to get a few items, had my cart with me, in the grocery cart, the management called his self asking to leave my bag at the counter, in a rude way, and I was very upset by the attitude, but i felt as a customer if you have all them security camera's and the monitor and the bell the rings door at the front, Why does the management still follow people around that is so degrading, and by the way I'm A Black Women, I noticed all your Family Dollars are all like this in Springfield IL, were management and employees follow everybody around, get a better System their at that location, they need them Security Bars that you walk through were your items beep like at Walmart.I feel you customers shouldn't have to feel their under a microscope, because i feel your getting profiled as being low proverty so that means you steal, if I came in their looking Professional how would i be viewed then?I like the store but I don't want to feel less than as I'm going to Steal! I wish they would change, Family Dollar Better, I feel they need to get a better system and ideal to change views and not put Management and employees under Scrunity to follow folks around the store and leave your personnal bag cart at the front, would if me and the other person had the same bag, and how do i know their watching it, or what if it was a busy shopping sale and their is 6 to bags are they going to watch that?Family Dollar needs to change their policies!

9:55 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I work at the store #6870 and my manager is a racist she has a lot a racial tattoos and she told me her self she racist. And its starting to interfere with the job. For instance she told a customer who asked if I worked that day " No, she wasn't able to get a babysitter and she bouts to get fired" and I feel like she has it for me because I'm black.

7:21 pm EST

Family Dollar - purchase an item

I went into the family Dollar store located on San Jacinto ave in San Jacinto Ca to buy a few items two of the things I was going to purchase had a discount price tag on the shelf where items where when I got to register to pay for my items clerk scanned items and I told him isn't those two items on sale for 2 for $4 he said no ma'am it's 2.50 a piece so it will be $5 I said no price tag says two for 4 bucks he said oh well so I said aren't you going to check he was just very rude and disrespectful had no manners at all

He said he was the manager and his name is Jason and it happened around 4:15 this afternoon located in San Jacinto California off of San Jacinto Avenue I told him I was going to contact corporate office and complain he said he did not care for me to get my items that I purchased and get out the store
I believe he's on drugs or something

K
9:50 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I live in the community some blocks down from the local Family Dollar store #6169. My whole family use to shop there.However the assistant manager Casey or Kasey if I said it spelled it correctly. she has become very unprofessional.She wears glasses.31 years old and a Mexican Female.Sorry just trying to do a description.I use to shop there often.She alway...

L
7:59 pm EST

Family Dollar - poor service

I arrived the doors at 7:58pm. I'm aware your store closes at 8pm. I only wanted to purchase toilet paper and i proceeded to explain that to the employee at the door who refused to let me in. He mentioned that the doors were to be locked three minutes before the store closes. I also asked for his name to address him in my complaint which he refused. So I instead took his photo which i will be sending to Family Dollars CEO and which is attached. This isn't okay. I've been a resident of this community for over 20 years and I've never had any problems before. I'm very disappointed in this store located at 455 Dumont Ave. Brooklyn, New York 11212. If this type of behavior is approved then you've just lost a dedicated customer.

View 0 more photos
4:19 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My father bought a number of speakers from your store and every time, either the charging port would break or it wouldn't hold the Bluetooth signal. The man at the register said he can't buy anymore because he's purposely damaging the devices. My father is going through chemo and depression, music is getting him through that. There is no reason for him to...

2:21 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have frequently shopped at Family Dollar Store# 08579 at 831 Thomas St. in Memphis, TN. This store is usually unclean and product disorganized throughout the store. On today when I was there, there was a line of about 10 to 15 customers waiting to be checked out. During this time, there was three registers but one cashier working trying to get the...

A
1:09 pm EST

Family Dollar - racial discrimination

A manager always looked at us when we came to the store then one day she said we were caught on camera supposedly stealing and that we couldn't come back. It's the family dollar in Pembroke and the lady's name is Diane. She checked my baby bag which had diaper wipes and my child's snacks. Then she made us leave the store and told us not to come back. The lady is an older lady and she's Caucasian. She didn't stare at anyone else but me and my family. One time she told us only 2 can come in at a time. I believe she is racist.

12:20 pm EST

Family Dollar - store manager/overall store appearance

On thanksgiving of this year i visited store #10381 in detroit, the isles were blocked, and there was merchandise all over the store, when i said it was hazardous and employee, which i later found out was the manager, said it quite rude, that they were short and if i didnt like it go to another store. fast forward to today december 30, 2017, this same manager was on the register and a elder lady was looking for balloons for a baby shower, she was ringing my items up, but paused and told the other customer, * i dont know where you can get them* i dont live over here all i know is whats in family dollar. which her tone was rude, and who asked, what happened to customer service?. and i mentioned to her she should familiarize herself with the area, she said why? she dont live over here. i know the management in that particular store was stealing along with employees, thats why i stopped going, i started back because they had a new team, i guess ill start back going on tireman, to the other store its clean, and they always greet you with a smile.

1 comment
P
Dec 31, 2017 5:28 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

It is not the employee's job to be able to refer customers to other stores. That is a ridiculous expectation.

12:50 pm EST

Family Dollar - a 4 foot basketball court for my son

This item was 20 dollars I got it for Christmas for my son as a gift when I tried telling the employee that it wasn't complete she just denied that any of her stuff was opened before and blamed me for the product being incomplete. I wasn't looking to get my money back I simply wanted a toy with all the pieces. She was rude and I left the toy their because it was worthless to me I couldn't even build it for my son.

L
1:11 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased this item on December 15, 2017 and on purchasing it the cashier said keep your receipt jyst in case you can get your money back.so I sent my son up there Dec 26 2017 and they say they can't return it.si I called up there to talk to a manager a girl by the name of storm answered and said it's busy call back and hung up in my face.then I called...

10:55 am EST

Family Dollar - discrimination

Discrimination! I came into family dollar to look for doggy diapers and family didn't carry them so I started to look at baby pampers the associate was nice she helped me pick out a size .. then security called over the p.a making sure the store was ok which is no problem i come to family dollar often . So the manager comes up to me and tells me to remove my hood (what!) I asked why she says that it's my fault security called over the p.a system.. one it's 4 degrees outside and she didn't ask anyone else to remove there clothing that's not right at all I was targeted for no reason I don't know if your company thought I was a muslim women wearing a Traditional headcover orwhat but you should put a sign on the door saying no hoodies

I
3:12 pm EST

Family Dollar - extremely poor customer service in store#10358

I walk into the store and go directly to the candy aisle on Christmas day and have 4 [censor] standing over me like I'm gone steal. One lady acting like she putting items on the shelf next to me, security standing directly in my face, and as always a rude foul mouthed Puerto Rican manager Joseph. The lines is always long with one cashier at the register, and I shop here almost every day despite the fact the manager is always foul mouthed. I spend about 200 dollars every week in this store but got somebody accusing me of stealing and telling me I'm spending an ssi check in the store. I work very hard for mine every week. To put this simply, 3 years of ignorance is enough. Joseph and his entire staff need to be replaced. I just might bring a lawsuit against this store.. Me being black doesn't warrant this [censor].

11:36 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On today December 23 2017 I visited the Family Dollar store on Raymond Rd in Jackson MS. I walked in and spoke; no one said anything. I spoke again and no one said anything. If I'm not mistaken the associates are supposed to greet the customers first. They just looked at me like I was crazy so I walked out. I will never return to that location again!

Family Dollar - customer service and lack of professionalism

On December 21, 2027 I visited family dollar to purchase a bag of dog food. I was in the pet supply aisle and the manager disrespectfully spoke to me which made me very upset. He came to me in the aisle and snapped his fingers at me and said I had to leave my book bag with my credit cards computer and personals at the front door I snapped my fingers and went off like this how I train my dogs you don't disrespect me and you don't talk to me like I'm your child and I not leaving my bag anywhere I'm got this bag of dog food and I going to the cashier and please get away from me and do not say anything else to me he followed me to the front of the store continually talking in a disrespectful tone and when I got to cashier he told the other employee not to sell me the dog food. We argued about how stupidly and disrespectful he was treating me a customer until he decided to call the police after I thought about it I decided to go across the street to Walgreens were they treat customer with respect and appreciation. I do stay in the neighborhood and made a videotape of the last five minutes of my experience which I am posting on all social media platforms to inform others of my horrible experience.

Family Dollar contacts