Enterprise Rent-A-Cardamage recovery unit

K Nov 01, 2019 Review updated:

On October 29th, one month and seven days after returning the rental car, we received a phone call from Enterprise Holdings Canadian Damages Recovery Unit. The person demanded us to pay $1, 325.38 for a damage claimed. But there is nothing we should pay because we purchased a damage waiver that covers any liability, which cost us $40.98 a day.

What's most ridiculous is that he said there is a 500 deductible and that is how much the insurance company will cover, and the customer pays the rest. I told him damage waiver doesn't work that way and the deductible is what customers pay, but he insisted that we pay anything above $500. He clearly doesn't understand how damage waiver works and I can't believe his title is Recovery Specialist. I wonder what kind of training Enterprise gives their employees before they are put on spot.

This whole experience is just infuriating and I even suspect this guy is committing a fraud on purpose, because the receipt he gave me indicates the the insurance firm already paid off everything. I am tempted to call the police.

RESOLVED

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Nov 13, 2019

Kaishu Wu,
    We’ve noted your comments and would like to have the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to [email protected] include the exact rental location, your contact telephone number, your claims, rental agreement or reservation numbers and any further information regarding your experience with us.
    We look forward to hearing from you.
    Regards,
    Carol H.
    Social Monitoring

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jan 21, 2021

• Ko
    kopj Apr 10, 2021

I just had Enterprise do the same thing in PA.
    They dropped a car off to my home with no walk thru. Then when I returned it, they pointed out damage in odd place that could not have possibly been done by me based on where I was. Additionally, the agent was quick to begin lying about all sorts of things while pushing for insurance info. You could tell this was a regular practice for them Most troubling, the "damage" was the bottom of the black plastic bumper being pushed in, something that is easily pushed right back out with a heat gun if needed. I strongly suspect the agent pushed it in himself, as it appears this is a significant source or revenue for Enterprise and offsetting their rates.

• EnterpriseRent-A-Car Apr 21, 2021

@kopj kopj, thank you for your comments. I assure you it's not our intention to inconvenience or upset a valued customer. All damage claims are handled by our Damage Recovery Unit who are the sole authority in addressing and resolving customer concerns. Please contact that team directly at [protected] or by email at [email protected] Thank you! – Carol H.

Life!! Mar 05, 2021

IF you feel you have been a victim of SCAM well YOU HAVE!

Life!! Mar 05, 2021

Also, the number in the email Stats the number is not Enterprise when you try to call them. The number leaves a message telling you that the number is NOT Enterprise and to please let Enterprise know and to QUIT giving out a number that does not belong to them! The number I quote: [protected]! Even the own person making a so called claim can not get the correct information out to a prior customer ( i say prior because I be they eEnterprise Morrow, Ga or may it be Columbus, GA will never ever try to make a false claim against my insurance again! Go someone where else if you want to RENT a car! Enterprise will make a FALSE Claim against you and blame it on You! I will fight my claim! I will take it to court and State farm will Investigate the whole matter. !

Life!! Mar 05, 2021

I rented a vehicle in Columbus, Ga. I needed a new vehicle so went to Morrow, GA to purchase a new car. I was not able to get the rental and new car back so I was told I could drop the car off at the Enterprise in Morror, Ga. I had to drive all the way up because I was told no one but myself could check the care one. So I dropped the car off. There was NO damage and I filmed it. The next day I called and I was told that everything checked CLEAR. They let may know I had a bag in my car and then said neverminded. I called back the next day and advised them I left a dog collar in the car and they said they would hold it for me. So, even after the next day I still was NOT told of any damage. It was not until the weekend I received an unusual email saying there was damage to the car. I though it was fraud so I ignored it. Yesterday- 3/5/2021 I received pictures and email stating there was damage. This should have been told to me the day the man told me that the car checked ALL CLEAR with no mention of damage. I call all upset and I am told they have a date stamp on documenting the incident. I feel this is SHADY and a Lie. Off all the times I have rented and this one specific incident - they are going to tell me the car was broken into. NONESENCE.? False Claim and they are SHADY. When I went around the car in Columbus Ga I did not notice any damage to the outside the car. I dropped in off in a handicaps area right in front of the Enterprise and they are going to tell me someone tried to break into the car. I also filmed me dropping the keys off and went around the car. Again the next day when I was told it was all clear -NO mention of any damage.? Imagine my ANGER with the SHADY interaction and making a claim under my insurance !

• EnterpriseRent-A-Car Apr 29, 2021

@Life!! Life!!, would be happy to look into this for you. Please email [email protected] with your contact information, your reservation or rental agreement number, and more details of your rental. Thanks. – Carol H.

• Ri
    Rikki Sc Jan 21, 2021

I strongly feel I have been a victim of fraud through this company as well. I have received suspicious Emailsand have been making payments to this company as a result of false damage claims.

• EnterpriseRent-A-Car Jan 21, 2021

@Rikki Sc Rikki Sc, it's certainly never our intention to upset or disappoint a valued customer. All damage concerns are solely handled by our Damage Recovery Unit. Please contact that team directly at [protected] or by email at [email protected] They have ultimate authority regarding damage related concerns and refunds. Thank you! – Carol H.