Having problems with eDreams?

eDreams reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 30, 2008. The latest review Cancelled flight by agent error was posted on Jun 14, 2021. The latest complaint flights reservation 3565849329 was resolved on Dec 18, 2018. eDreams has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 904 reviews. eDreams has resolved 399 complaints.

eDreams Customer Service Contacts

+1 844 539 6719 (United States)
1º 5 Calle del Conde de Peñalver
Madrid
Spain
3390 Mary Street Suite 116, Coconut Grove, Florida 33133, USA

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with eDreams Customer Service. Initial eDreams complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for eDreams above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about eDreams. Discuss the issues you have had with eDreams and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

eDreams Complaints & Reviews

eDreamsunauthorized fee

I have booked with eDreams before and hadn't had a problem until this week.
Right before I book my flight, I reviewed the cost and accepted the charges, etc for the flight. I receive my confirmation email a few minutes later and noticed that there is a fee for the travel agency that WAS NOT listed under the agreement statement i accepted. I emailed customer service and the claims department, only to receive condescending emails that state the airline charge was noted upon confirmation. NO IT WAS NOT. The charge was added AFTER I submitted my payment and they keep telling me that i'm in error when it's clear that there was an authorized charge. I'm so irritated because the phone numbers listed on their site DON'T WORK!!! and i might never get this resolved. Lesson learned, not booking with these jerks again!

• Fr
      Francois Van der Westhuizen Feb 23, 2016

Me too! I didn't get my ticket because they had a 'server error' yet they charged me small fees twice. Fees that weren't listed for a service I didn't receive.

• Am
      Amar Shah CA Apr 13, 2011

Perhaps i read your thread before i booked my ticket throgh eDreams. Exactly the same problem of unauthorised fees that they have charged on my credit card after i confirm my payment. I got shocked that the screen of payment fees apeared just after i entered all my credit details and agreed for a payment. i mailed to them but not a good response. phone numbers listed on the websites are also not working. PLS NEVER BOOK THE TICKETS FROM THIS CHEATING AGENCY ! i even would like to take actions against them but don't know about where should i lodge a complaint, if anyone has any idea about this then pls let me know.

Thanks
      Amar

eDreams — cancellation of return flights

Can anyone give us an actual number for eDreams - they have cancelled our return flight and we can't get hold of them

eDreams (Barcelona Spain)unissued airline ticket

I attempted to book a flight from johannesburg south africa to london (for my son who needed to urgently return to uk). Edreams offered a number of choices the best being 16/12/2010 etihad airlines 1355 to london via abu dabi £387. I accepted the offer and entered the visa electron debit card detail. Immediately I received an email advising a booking reference 5qs4wz but that there was a problem with my card and that they would advise what to do in order to effect payment and secure a ticket. They then demanded photocopies of my debit card /passport / id. I immediately went to my bank and was told the edreams had been credited with £487 at the moment of the transaction online 7.30 pm 16/12/2010. I attempted to fax them - no response. I attempted to phone - no response. I have emailed them many times requesting a ticket issue or refund - no response. Ian. [protected]@gmail.com

• Ia
        ianklux Mar 03, 2011

Actually they did refund this ticket. But the credit - to my debit card took nearly two months to be verified. i.e. The funds were returned - but took months to get back onto my card. My bank later asked me if I was crazy wanting to supply edreams all my personal details and even a photocopy of the debit card

• Ys
        ysirak Mar 02, 2011

The requirements of eDreams are entirely ILLEGAL. I was asked to send them by FAX a copy of my ID/ Passport and Credit card. The explanation was - for security reasons.
        PLEASE DONT USE THE SERVICES OF eDreams, since YOU WILL BE CHEATED!!!

eDreamsbooked flight for wrong day

Two days ago I have booked multiple destination tickets (London-Prague / Prague-Zurich / Zurich-London). We checked the booking thoroughly before proceeding with the payment (since I read some bad reviews on this company on various websites). Everything appeared to be fine so I proceeded with the payment.
      The following day I opened the e-mail with booking confirmation and found that the date of the last journey (Zurich-London) was not correct (instead of 10 days after the second flight they booked me a ticket leaving just two hours after the second flight)! I contacted the company via e-mail to allert them and received response to call spanish number. There I was informed that they cannot do anything unless I pay over 80 euros for modification of the booking plus of course additional extra for the flight ticket should the price of the ticket at the correct date changed since the booking. Since I am not the only one with the same problem (I found several reviews with identical issue) I suspect that they may have some bug on their website causing this. Their customer service is way bellow the UK standard - unreachable, calls expensive, staff at call centre rude and unhelpful. I would advice anyone who is consider purchasing anything from this company to avoid them at all costs!!! NIGHTMARE.

• Ko
          Kostas_vip Dec 02, 2010

I had similar problems one time with EasyJet and two times with travelplanet24.com .
          I am now sure that there is no bug on their websites, this is something embeded so that we would pay the extra fee for changing the date to the correct one...

eDreamswhy after years of commiting fraud is this company still allowed to operate its website

My son had to book a last minute business flight from Switzerland to Germany and booked a flight through eDreans the day before he wanted to fly. Everything appeared to go smoothly and they emailed him an e-ticket for a Lufthanza flight from Geneva to Munich. On arriving at the airport his e-ticket was invalid and he had to pay again for a flight to Frankfurt (it was imperitive that he get to his business meeting the next day). I have now discovered that this company has been defrauding/robbing people for many years. Why are they still trading?!!!

marksanderson May 15, 2011

tried to book flights with this company, but they would not except the child's birth date we had to ring there hot line
            at £1.53 per minute i dont think so this is after i had put all our passport details on there web site it stinks .
            watch for companies like this there are lots about book direct with airlines and reputable company's

• Gr
            Graham Watts Dec 22, 2010

I've just been hit for more than 1, 400 pounds by eDreams. I tried to book with them but all three of my cards were rejected (both on-line and on the phone). So I went elsewhere and bought a ticket. Next thing I find out that eDreams went ahead a day later and took the 1, 400 pounds from one of my cards and I never heard another thing from them. When I write to their customer service email, I get silence. Does anyone know how we can get these guys to stop committing this kind of fraud?

eDreams — asking for credit card copy and passport copy

I am having another bad-bitter experience with eDreams. After doing my booking (from Frankfurt to Prishtina...

eDreamsfraud and lack of customer service

So a few days ago I attempted to buy tickets from eDreams from Rome, Italy to Seville, Spain and I experienced some difficulties. The tickets were booked and I noticed a few days later that my credit card account was off. I go into the transactions page and I find a list of 75 transactions from eDreams sucking away my money for no reason. They have stolen triple the amount that I was supposed to pay for the tickets. Then came the next problem...the lack of customer service.

The customer service section has not responded to one of my emails over the past 4 days except to tell me that they did not receive the emails from before. Then when I resend them the email from before (mind you I hit reply from their message) I still receive no response. Dealing with this company has been a NIGHTMARE. Their phone numbers are bogus as they do not work from landlines from Italy or the United States, so it is literally impossible to get in contact with this company when the time calls for it. If you have to book a flight anywhere

• Ms
              MSueM May 31, 2013

Having what sounds like the exact same problems. What's with this company? How do they stay in business? They have my debit card number but haven't billed me yet and won't confirm my booking and / or send an eticket! They stink!!! I'm worried if I make another booking instead I'll get double billed. SO wish I hadn't tried to make this booking through eDreams. Is there any organization that regulates them or is that wishful thinking?

• Lo
              LoFox Jun 01, 2011

I agree - my 'edreams' experience has been nothing but 'enightmare'. They make it virtually impossible for you to get in contcat with them to either complain or change errors that THEY made when booking my flights. After having to correct WRONG input details on their part where they gave me no other option than to return the ticket twice (where I still had to pay the insurance of 145euros) then finally after attempting to reserve this ticket for the THIRD time and even after receiving a CONFIRMATION EMAIL FROM EDREAMS, they now claim 3 weeks later that my flight is not reserved and does not exist!

Most hopeless customer service EVER ; the french branch and a french employee even told me on the phone that I should go to their competitor 'govoyages' if I was not happy with them!!! What brilliant customer service! Last time ever in my life and I will try and make sure anyone I know does not get involved in this bogus company and its' pitiful and painful 'customer service'

eDreamscharging double price - withhelding money

Yesterday, I booked an air ticket with "edreams.fr" which cost around
            800 Euros. Just after the payment I was notified that they have taken 1600 Euros from my bank account!!! The first 800 Euros is for the price of the ticket and the other 800 is to be returned within a month. It is amazing that this dishonest fraudulent practice is not illegal. Even if they return the money as they promise, it creates too much unnecessary stress, inconvenience, and problems for thousands of people.

AVOID edreams before you start dreaming about your own money!

Alex

• Va
                vanely Feb 19, 2011

well for me they just double charge for the booking fees not once but in two occasions!!!
                when i was booking on the second occasion i completly forgot that they had double charged me on the first time!!!
                it horrible i think that i wont be booking with them again and im going to write a very angry letter to get my money back cuz im a student and 20 pounds times 2 is a lot of money!!!
                its very annoying!!!

eDreamscharging booking fee without flight confirmation

After seeing all of the complaints about edreams here my suspicions about them have been confirmed. It seems to me that they are internet scammers and am wondering how they can be stopped from wasting people's time and ripping their customers off??? Is there a group who are trying to tackle them. I made an online booking and a few days later I discovered that there had been a "system failure" and the booking had not been completed although they had debited my credit card for the booking fee. I asked them to refund it and they informed me that it had been refunded immediately including a very bogus looking statement ??? I kept checking my online statement and it still hasn't been refunded. They didn't reply anymore until i sent them copies of my online statement confirming that it hadn't been refunded. I was instructed to go to a link to fill in a claim form but there was no form there and when I tried to log in to my account I was told that my password was wrong even though it was the password sent to me as a password reminder. This all bears the hallmarks of a major scamming operation and I hope that something can be done to stop them.

RESOLVED

• eDreams's response · Apr 13, 2015

@The Whaleman, @mike fennell @Iyekowa

Sorry for hearing such unpleasant experience

Could you please provide us your email address and your booking number by private message in order to investigate your case ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Juliet - Edreams customer care team

• Iy
                  Iyekowa Apr 12, 2015

Edreams is a scammer site, I fell a victim, my money was taken and I couldn't make my journey. Please someone should stop them.

• Mi
                  mike fennell Apr 08, 2011

Is there any way we can stop this . I have the same problem, and am still waiting for a refund...
                  What about the small claims court, or the ombudsman. there must be a way somewhere..
                  mike fennell.

eDreamsmalafide business practices and ignorant communication

I am not inclined to use edreams again because it seems impossible to actually book a flight.

Malafide practices:

1. asking me to send them a copy of my visacard (back and front) = unorthodox and unsafe practice
                2. ignoring my emails for several days when I ask them to confirm if they have received my fax with copies of my visacard
                3. then sending me a Spanish!! email telling me that the price has gone up and that I will need to pay 135 euros more.

After this lengthy and unpleasant process I have mailed edreams to just cancel everything. I hope edreams will now reimburse the money they have put on hold on my visa account.

I would advise edreams to drastically change their business process. I will tell friends and family about my experiences with edreams and advise them not to use edreams: save time and money and just book somewhere else.

• Va
                    Vallo Tubli Feb 12, 2016

I'm struggling with almost similar experience but the "wall" is infront of me in earlier phase.
                    All phone numbers are provided without a country code. How on earth am I able to figure out what country code I should dial infront of the number?
                    Also during the booking I also took the premium service package. After the confirmation I realized that this is 800 local number and it cannot be used internationally.
                    FAX!? it's year 2016. Who on earth uses faxes these days? Why are they even using that as a option no1?

• Ci
                    ciccapui May 11, 2013

I had a very similar experience.
                    When I received their second email and read the paragraph quoted here below, I realized this company is a MAJOR SCAM:

<< quote>>
                    We regret to inform you that we have not been able to process the payment for your reservation. In order to issue your e-ticket we will need copies of the following documents via fax: [protected] or [protected] or scanned to [email protected]

ID card or passport copy of the cardholder
                    Copy of the credit card front (For safety make sure only the last fours digits are shown)
                    Booking reference number
                    Passenger's full names

Please keep in mind, since airlines change fares constantly, eDreams can not guarantee any price until tickets are issued . Therefore, we recommend that you send us the required documents as soon as possible. We will notify you of any fare changes via email so you can decide if continue with your reservation, applying the new fares, or prefer to cancel (without any additional cost).
                    <<unquote>>

No serious company will ever ask you to send them photocopies (or scanned copies) of your passport or your credit card over the Internet. Due to personal circumstances I travel constantly, usually booking flight, hotel and car, directly and/or through different sources, for myself and/or my family and have a vast experience in this field. This is the first time I'm trying to book a flight through e-dreams. This company is a scam and quite dangerous too because it surely succeed in getting personal information from less experienced travelers that should never be shared over the internet.
                    Also it is obvious that if you respond to them the least they will do is to declare the airlines raised their fare and you will have to pay 100 or more dollars extra.
                    I decided to ignore their request and booked with a different company obtaining the exact same flights for 190 Dollars less and of course without having to give them any copy of any personal documents.

E Dreamse dreams car rental and airline bookings

I was framed by E dreams and want to expose them as well to spare any other poor trusting client loss of money and time.
                  They take your money then leave you completely in the dark concerning your rental.. you have no idea which company, where they are nothing... I though that before the payment went through the site would ask me to validate..you are paying for this and this etc please confirm your payment but NO, it takes your payment and leaves you in the dark until they send you a voucher who knows when... as if you are going to wait and see... what if the company is rent a wreck how do you know?? Well you don't... and they don't care.
                  DO NOT RENT A CAR WITH E DREAMS !!!
                  Also, my friend had booked a flight with them and I had booked through another internet site . When we arrived at the check in counter, she wasn't even on the list, no trace of her anywhere and I was cause I booked through travelocity. E dreams is a scam and stay away from them please!!
                  They don't deserve your business and youo can always get better or same price through a trusted internet travel website.

Maria Mann Jul 06, 2015

Agree with you. My 1h 25' journey from Bristol to Bordeaux was to take 20h 43'. Suddenly I cannot receive a refund, even though I have bought insurance. They tell me that British Airways is a low cost Airline. E Dreams is B Nightmares!

• Fr
                      frequent flyer thessaloniki Mar 21, 2011

I foolishly booked three flights with edreams, without first reading the reviews on the company... i just noticed the low prices and thought it would be prudent to book with them.

for the first flight, edreams confirmed one leg of the flight but could not book the connecting flight to the destination (!!!)... what a waste!
                      for the second flight, I was told by edreams they couldnt confirm it so I made other arrangements with another website. the next day e dreams sent me a confirmation email, (which by the way was after the date of the booked outbound flight !!!), so i basically ended up paying twice for the same flights
                      For the third flight, three weeks after booking it, edreams informed me that they were unable to confirm the booking owing to a problem with the airline booking systems (yeah, right) so i had to make alternative arrangements. By this point, prices for this particular flight had risen by 100% on other websites.

This is really most inconveniencing as I do not have the time to be collating correspondence and submitting to complaints forums and seeking compensation. I just want to fly at the cheap cost that ive been quoted! I have wasted hundreds of euros on this ridiculous excuse for a company in a time and age where money and time is valuable.

• Ed
                      eDreams_onrep_EN Aug 23, 2010

Hi Julie,

I am sorry to hear about your bad experince with eDreams, would you please be so kind to send a copy of this claim and your booking reference to the following email address stating the problems experienced with your car rental?.

the e-mail address is
                      [email protected]

we will try to solve any doubt or problem you might have about your booking.

Thanks

E - dreamsfraudulent quotes in euro instead of gbp

I visited the edreams website in the uk. Then I chose a flight from seoul to shanghai in euro. The website showed all the prices in euro. When the reservation hit my inbox - the price was 107. O5 gbp instead of euro.

I contacted the company. They refused to respond to the query and said I booked it in gbp. I then took a snapshot of the website again. They changed the website and the quoted price after I complained and then just blaimed me.

I am still awaiting a refund and had to buy a ticket at the costlier price. I am sending all the details to the advertising authorities in both brittain and spain. That is just old fashioned fraud. If it was a genuine mistake, people from all over would not be complaining about the same thing.
                    Don't use then, they are fraudulent

fraudulent quotes in euro instead of gbp

RESOLVED

• eDreams's response · Aug 09, 2010

I work for eDream's marketing department and would like to reply to your comment on our website.

First of all we're really sorry about your bad experience with our website, we eork hard to improve the quality of our product.

Second thing is that, as mentioned above, it is imposiible to change an entire website overnight.

We do have an English website in Euros, mainly for Ireland and other EU countries. This website address is http://www.edreams.com

For the UK market we have http://www.edreams.co.uk which is quoted in Great British Pounds and is dealt with from our office in England.

We always quote pricen in one currency and stick to it (in the given case of as fare difference, the system would automatically reflect this and ask you to accept the new terms in order to continue)

• Tr
                        Travel8 Aug 09, 2010

Here is the snapshot.

Comments

eDreams — taking money without permission

Do not use edreams under any circumstances!! I booked a flight for my mother in law from amsterdam to london...

eDreamsfraud taking money

Edreams took all my credit card details for a specific flight then never issued my flight and issued another flight which had nothing to do with me with my credit card. It's been 6 months. I have complained and sent a claim and haven't yet gotten a refund! When talking to them on the phone they were very unusefull and couldn't help. They suggested I go to the police... I am still trying to find ways to get this money back! I will never book with them again!

eDreams — scam

****SCAM e-Dreams**** Having just experienced awful services from eDreams I wish I had read this forum first...

eDreams & US AirwaysScam direct flights

I went on eDreams and booked a DIRECT flight from Orlando to Rome. At the time of the booking the webpage displayed a box to access only direct flights and I made sure to check it. I wanted exclusively a direct flight and I checked multiple times on different days just to make sure.
                        eDreams proposed one direct flight: Orlando-Rome with US Airwyas 718 (cost: 1119 $).
                        At the same time, I checked for other flights with one stop only and I found several for about 800 $. At this point I booked the direct flight at 1119 $ and got my trip reservation with apparently not stops.
                        On the day of my trip I discovered in Orlando airport that mine was not a direct flight, but I had a connection in Philadelphia for both ways.
                        eDreams doesn't make itself responsible because US Airways did not communicate the flight details.
                        US Airways claims that the flight is visible as 1-stop flight, so is not responsible.
                        As a matter of facts, eDreams got the money for a direct flight and gave me a cheaper 1-stop trip without any notice.
                        Stay away from both companies if you can.

eDreams — cancelled flight booking not refunded

I have read the many complaints on your website about edreams.com wish i found out this sooner I have also...

eDreamsaccepting credit card details on line for airlines that are not applicable

I sent Edreams three emails with no response for the following issue I experienced. Am shocked this is happening. Below is a copy of the email I sent. In a nutshell, Edreams are collecting credit card details for bookings on line & confirming the booking. While in fact, for many airlines on line purchase is not available if you are not a national of that country. Misleading and false advertising plus is it legal to collect CC details when they are not applicable to your purchase?

To whom it concerns,
                          I am still waiting a response to the below complaint. Please respond to this email with a status update by Thursday the 4th March.
                          Rgds,

To: [protected]@edreams.com
                          Cc: [protected]@hotmail.com
                          Date: Tuesday, February 23, 2010, 6:42 PM

To whom it concerns,

I have a serious complaint in relation to your on-line booking system, in particular, your payment method verification process.

I am currently in Brasil. Three of us booked flights via your website for an internal flight within Brasil. During the booking process ( via the Brasilian edreams website) I was prompted for my credit card details which was verified successfully. My colleagues ( via an Australian edreams website) were prompted for their credit card details which was verified successfully, furthermore my colleagues account was debited the cost of the flight.

THERE WAS NO PROMPT OR WARNING TO INDICATE THAT OUR FLIGHT WAS RESERVED, not confirmed.

I have travelled South America for six months and I am used to looking at payment method confirmations and reservations. If a flight placement is being reserved, you prompt the user that it is being reserved at time of booking and DO NOT prompt for credit card details entry. This is how it works with all the other sites. Your site, accepts and prompts for Credit Card details...which is invalid since as I understand it you request a fax confirmation of payment or bank transfer. Hence this is false and deceptive advertising or lack of an IT team. It is not appropriate to send out an email with a disclaimer mentioning that you need to further provide additional details in relation to payment. Why would I think that you would prompt me for payment details online, accept and confirm it and that I would then need to provide you with further information?

Since my flight was fully booked when I called to verify booking, I have missed my flight to Rio and my friends wedding.

I would like a detailed email explaining why your system does not verify nationality & hence inform the user that payment is not possible on-line. I will be taking this further unless I get a reasonable explanation.

Please confirm receipt of this email and please confirm when & who will be addressing my complaint.

Regards,

• Go
                              gordon britton Jun 13, 2011

edrams are nothing but con artist bookrd a flight they took my money the flight was canceld the money was refunded in my name used but with there card details.i have now been tring for 2 months to get my money back but with no luck i have now spent a small fortune in phone calls at £1.57 per minuite calling them i will not give up next action will be through the legal chanels DO NOT USE EDREAMS .

• Go
                              gordon britton Jun 13, 2011

Robbing ###!! After trying to book flights from Paris to Bristol eDreams said they couldn't confirm the booking so I went ahead and booked with another company only to find that eDreams took the money from my account the next day. The other company refunded directly into my account. I then found out that eDreams had put my name on their credit card and recived my refund, I am sure this practice is illegal, they have stolen my money! They are almost impossible to contact, I wont give up. I don't know how they are getting away with this.

eDreams — fraude/robbery

I want to post a complaint about 'Edreams'. After reading all that is online I am now aware of the...

eDreams — absolute worst

eDream sell a zero (0) stopover flight from London to Denver on their website www.edreams.com. In fact thi...