Having problems with eDreams?

eDreams reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 30, 2008. The latest review Overcharged the service fee was posted on Jul 29, 2021. The latest complaint flights reservation 3565849329 was resolved on Dec 18, 2018. eDreams has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 936 reviews. eDreams has resolved 399 complaints.

eDreams Customer Service Contacts

+1 844 539 6719 (United States)
1º 5 Calle del Conde de Peñalver
Madrid
Spain
3390 Mary Street Suite 116, Coconut Grove, Florida 33133, USA

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with eDreams Customer Service. Initial eDreams complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for eDreams above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about eDreams. Discuss the issues you have had with eDreams and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

eDreams Complaints & Reviews, Page 46

eDreamscharging scam

I too have had dreadful problems with edreams. The jury's out on whether they are wilfully fraudulent of wildly incompetent but either way they should not be used. I used them last week to book a flight to Amsterdam. The following day we received am email saying that there had been a problem processing the booking and requesting email or telephone notification of all our credit card details, passport nos etc. We immediately emailed to cancel the order. They emailed back verifying cancellation at no charge. The following day however the amount was debited twice from the account although one was described as a debit and the other as a correction. Despite repeated emails they have still failed to rectify this, so I have paid DOUBLE the amount for NO FLIGHT tickets!!!

RESOLVED

• eDreams's response · Sep 08, 2011

Dear Customer,
      Please send an email with your contact details and locator number to: [email protected]
      Our representatives will help you solve this issue asap.

• eDreams's response · Apr 16, 2012

Mr. Mor34il,
      Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences caused. Would you please send us an email to: [email protected] with all the information?
      We will make sure our customer service representatives help you to solve this issue immediately.
      Regards,

• eDreams's response · May 02, 2016

Dear Hanna4ub,

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to clarify your doubts.
      We are sorry if the price fluctuation escaped from your attention. We also regret the inconveniences the booking process on-line might have blessed you.

We are very aware of the importance of ensuring that our customers are clearly informed of their price breakdown and believe that our site does give this visibility.

We would kindly remind you that the eDreams´s goal is to offer the best deals available on the market for the purchase of travel products/services of your search therefore, the advertised price would be the lowest by default and would be conditioned by the offer of a day. The relevant information on the applied promotion could be found below every flight option during the search. In order to benefit of the offer you may be requested to provide the payment with a certain type of the card.

eDreams has a transparent fees policy.
      Administration fees, which are collected in term of handling a request and issuing the ticket are calculated as per number of passengers and trips and would depend on the method of payment selected. Please note that you may adjust the price selecting a method of payment from the drop box before starting the search.

We remind you that during the booking process you are able to see all charges and fees that will be applied before confirming the purchase thus, once the booking has been confirmed, we understand all charges have been accepted.

Kindly update your post indicating the booking reference or contacting us via private message over here, so that we would be able to check your booking details and advise accordantly.

We hope to be hearing from you soon!

Best regards,
      Nicole - eDreams

• Ha
      Hanna4ub Apr 28, 2016

Edreams have charged service fee separately to flight costs. At the time of booking the price stated didn't show the additional costs to the customer.

When I called up to enquire they were not helpful and just simply stated that they do charge this.

Makana22 Nov 27, 2013

I am surprised edreams still exists. The company scams so many people. I think the most people do not report it, because they cant be bothered. I booked a flight on Ryanair and edreams charged me 22 Euros more than all the documents I have of the final charges. I wrote back and forth to various representatives, sending proof of all the documentations and in the end they stopped responding. I live in Germany and sent a complaint letter to the newspaper here, that specialized in trouble with travel companies. They took the issue up with edreams and the response was "no comment". If edreams chooses to illegially charge extra for each booking, then they are making millions by unlawful charges. This company has wasted my time, energy and nerves and of course for 22 euros I did not follow up on trying longer to have 22 euros returned. I commend anyone who takes this company to court!

• Ag
      against edreams.com Sep 06, 2013

I am forming a lawsuit against edreams. Please email [email protected] So many of us have been scammed by edreams.com. Please send your story, let's help each other fight back! ps help spread the message on this page!

• Mo
      mor34il Mar 23, 2012

does any one know how can you lawsuit edreams i have been in discussion with their retarted customer "service" for 3 weeks now and they charged me money for a flight they did not book., is there any way to law suite them by a group of people, this is a fraud company and it needs to be stopped

I will appreciate if some one can transfer me details to my email at:
      [email protected]

I really appreciate it, and learn from my experience DO NOT BOOK FROM THEM
      THEY DO NOT ANSWER PHONES
      THEY REPLY TO EMAIL AFTER 4-7 DAYS WIT ###IC COPY PASTE ANSWERS
      I ended paying for a flight they charged and did not punch and spent from 3am to 8pm waiting for my other booking with esyjet at last after i understood there is no hope

• Fl
      flowere Jan 26, 2012

Once I have bought two tickets in edreams website and guess what.. At the airport we were told that we hadn't paid for the luggage and we had to pay if we wanted to register it. When I was buying tickets I haven't seen any notice in edreams website, that baggage fee was not included and that we had to pay additional fee. So, we had to pay 30 eu for one piece of luggage at the airport. After returning home, I emailed edreams but they have blamed me for the accident as luggage policy is available under General Conditions. I have replied them that EU regulation oblige them to communicate price supplements in a clear, transparent and unambiguous way and other vendors clearly show that the price is without luggage price (i.e. check easyjet) AND that I had tried to read General Conditions but it is just impossible to read it in time (booking transaction just timesout and form has to be filled again). Do they think it is appropriate way to notify about such a important thing like additional price for the baggage? They haven't reacted to my second email and my money was gone, of course.

But it is not the worst.

Next time I was foolish enough to buy tickets in their website again. This time we haven't been admitted to the flight. The girl at the airport told us that she could not find us in the system and that the reservation haven't been made! I called to eDreams customer service but there was no one on duty there. We have shown her the email from edreams with all the information about flight, but she couldn't help us. We had to buy another tickets and fly the next day! We had a lot of inconveniences because of this, so I've emailed edreams again demanding a refund. But they have stated that it was our fault, because we got only one email from them with all the flight information, but it was not the ticket and we had to receive another email with the tickets (which we haven't gotten, of course). They've told us that it was our fault that we haven't gotten these tickets and that they will not refund money for us! They have offered us to use edreams 10 euro discount to be used for the next time DD How ironic is that?????? I will never ever use this edreams service again. I've already told about them to all my friends and I will write about them in every travel and services website. People should know about them. I hope that crisis will affect these scammers.

• Di
      diddyt Sep 18, 2011

I too have had problems with edreams. Very long story short: I finally recovered my refund by seeking advice firstly from the european commission for consumers in brussels and then the uk european consumer centre (ECC) to whom I was directed. As I had paid by visa debit card, I was told to approach visa under their chargeback scheme and because I had all the relevant documentary proof of my assertions, they took up my case and within days I was reimbursed. I realise, however, that most people use credit cards with which to pay and so recovery, I'm sure, is a different matter. The most valuable advice I was given by the ECC was to register a complaint with themselves or trading standards, who, upon receiving a number in respect of any one company would take up the issue with their opposite number in the offending company's country (there is no pan-european regulatory body). edreams merged with opodo and govoyages this year and so become a component of an online travel agency to rival that of expedia and last minute - scary! At the same time I find this reassuring too as they surely must subscribe to certain standards of business practice. They have been fined a substantial sum this year by the italian antitrust office for poor practices as outlined by the many online complaints. Don't limit your complaint to a message board! My belief from my experience is that they are incompetent, ill trained, poorly managed, poorly versed in banking practices, perhaps lacking in english language skills etc etc (although not so much on the sales side!). My advice if you have a legitimate complaint - contact your country's trading standards or equivalent; european consumer centre or equivalent - whatever regulatory body you can find (via internet search). Formally register your complaint!

eDreams.com / Flight Ticket — my money taken but no ticket issued!

Before this we had bought tickets from eDreams with success on 2 seperate occasions. But now, this 3rd time...

eDreamsrefund

Recently I purchased a flight with edreams, unfortunately shortly after I had to cancel my trip. Luckily I took out insurance with the company at an additional €14. My reason for cancelling the trip was covered under the policy regulations yet still I have not heard back from them. When I first sought a refund I was e-mailing various people back and forth back and forth, every week they would request a new set of forms from my employer/bank etc. Finally the e-mails stopped and I successfully returned the extensive pile of forms (much to their surprise I'd imagine). It has now been two weeks since the last e-mail was sent and I haven't heard anything back from the company. That is a total of two months of ridiculous form filling and now there is a chance I may not even receive my money back as they have to 'study' the information I provided. It is absolutely ridiculous, at the end of the day I have a genuine reason for cancelling my trip and I even took out insurance. I am so annoyed how companies can get away with treating customers like this. It is a lot of money to me and I am so annoyed how they have wasted my time and mistreated me.

• eDreams.net Aug 01, 2011

Good Morning,
        Would you please send me an email with the confirmation number and all details to: [email protected]
        Our customer representative will get back to you in order to solve this issue.

eDreams

eDreams Flightnon booking of tickets but money taken

I booked a flight on the 18th of July from Lisbon to London on behalf of my partner with edreams on their website I followed the correct procedure and when I had put all my payment details in and the site accepted payment a notice then appeared to say thet the flights could not be booked and monies would not be taken from my account. This however did not happen and now I have £248.66 pending in my available balance and I am unable to buy another flight. So no tickets and no flight. I have emailed them on numerous occasions and have received one reply asking for more details and to have a nice day! This has been a complete disaster and the flights were for the 25th july returning on the 3rd August and now the cost has risen even further. I have also tried ringing but it costs £1.35 mer minute via a land line and more if a mobile is to be used and this is all I have. I am so disappointed and after reading complaints from other people it seems unlikely I'll recieve the money back in time to book with another company. I am a single parent and work hard and to have this amount of money taken from me without any explanation with the added insult of having to pay £17 debit card fee for the priviledge is a disgrace. Please help me. I wouldn't mind if they actually booked the flights for me now I would be eternally grateful if they did but they are now saying they have no record of any such booking.

• eDreams.net Jul 21, 2011

Dear Carolneen,
          Please allow us to apologize for the inconveniences caused. Could you please send an email with your contact details and all information to: [email protected]
          I will be glad to help you with this case.

Regards,

Ana @ eDreams

eDreamsexcessive charges

I tried to book a flight on edreams but was lucky that they don't accept Visa Debit cards. I noticed that they charge £19 to process card payments, which I consider excessive. Also they ask for a passport number just to be able to register with them, something which other booking sites do not require . I was unable to get through to an operator on their call line and have yet to receive an email regarding a query I had. I ended up booking with travel republic which was cheaper because they don't charge for card payments. Their customer ratings also seem much better

• eDreams.net Jul 13, 2011

Dear Ade7,

We are sorry that you had so much trouble when booking with eDreams.
            We are required by the Airlines to collect passport numbers to avoid false matches with no-fly lists. If you have the same name as another person thats happens to be on a watch list, things like middle names, dates of birth and passport numbers will distinguish you from that person.
            Our customer service representatives are available at Tel: [protected] You can also contact us by email at: [email protected]
            We hope you had a safe trip,

eDreams

eDreams — Money taken from card despite 'unconfirmed booking'

I tried to book a flight with edreams but the online payment crashed half way through doing the transaction...

eDreams Online Supportatrocious support

I have used edreams twice over the years but never again. They are almost impossible to deal with by email and that presents problems when the Customer is outside of Europe/USA.

They have sent me incorrect flight details, then said "sometimes the system picks up these erroneous sectors... because the fare basis is cheaper".

I cannot fathom how some airlines allow edreams to operate like this.

ALSO, edreams CHARGES A PREMIUM FEE FOR PAYING BY CREDIT CARD. THAT IS IN BREACH OF THE CREDIT CARD RULES IN MY PART OF THE WORLD. IN NUMEROUS EMAILS edreams DENY CHARGING A FEE FOR PAYING BY CREDIT CARD. THAT'S MORE EVIDENCE THEIR SUPPORT TEAM HAVE NOT GOT A CLUE!

I recommend people deal direct with the airline, online of course. They are bound to be cheaper so long as you are willing to hunt around

• eDreams.net Aug 25, 2011

Dear customer,

We are sorry to hear about this bad experience. Please send us an email to: [email protected]
              We will help you correct any errors on your reservation as soon as possible.

Have a safe trip

• Ba
              babbou2 Aug 19, 2011

I used edreams to order a ticket from Paris to Bydgoszcz in Poland. I tried to contact them for an error in my reservation. I spent 5 hours on the phone and sent several emails, no answer at all. They do not respect the customer.

I recommend people not to order on edreams. It is not a serious company, no respect at all for the customer.

• eDreams.net Jun 22, 2011

Dear Customer,

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. Would you send an email with your locator number and all travel details to my atenttion so I can check on this case?

Ana @ eDreams
              [email protected]

eDreamstook money, no flight

edreams gave my husband a confirmation number and took the money for the flight out of his account. once he arrived at the airport he was told the seat was reserved but had not been paid for. Where is our Money? he had to pay for another flight. tried to send complaint and it wouldn't go thru. horrible experience.

• eDreams.net Jun 10, 2011

Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting us. I have received your email and you will get an answer asap.

• Ri
                RIPPED OFF 800 Jun 10, 2011

My daughter got this:
                > > Thank you for booking with eDreams. We would like to inform you that our Security Department after checking over your reservation has estimated that, for security purposes, we kindly request that, to complete this booking you proceed to make a deposit.
                > > The request for bank transfer is not due to a credit card problem, but rather due to a security measure that eDreams applies.
                > > We remark that it is important to make the wire as soon as possible in order to avoid fare modifications.

• eDreams.net Jun 06, 2011

Dear Customer, We would like to apologize for the inconveniences. Please send us an email with the confirmation number and your contact information to: [email protected] / [email protected] We will check on this issue immediately.

eDreams

eDreams Limited — taking the amount of £72.54, just for trying to book a ticket, nothing was booked but i was charged on the a couple days later??

dear sir or madam, On the 5th of may i have tried to book a flight tichet on line, so i tried Edreams for a...

eDreams — airline refund/credit/changes

I purchased airline tickets from London to Venice return with Brtish Airways for this Oct using Edreams. Due...

eDreamsAnother fraud! Down with edream! Fight for our right

Edreams confirmed my reservation but not confirm the receipt of the payment. However, they have taken the 210.99 USD from my account. Then, Edreams asked me to fax or email my passport and credit card in the name of the security measure ! This is a fraud mafia. There are so many complaints on their fraud ! We should together do something. We should post the fraud of Edreams not only here but also on facebook and twitter. Facebook and twitter can topple the Tunisian and Egyption government, much less to say an Edreams. Let us fight for our rights !!

• Ir
                  iraq Apr 19, 2012

yes e dream ???????????
                  Yes I am the subject to the monument is clearly from e dream was the ability to withdraw the amount of 474.22 $, 534, 92 $ from visa card and company is dragging to return the money its feet in the end I will sue the company. I think that European companies fair, but this error

• Va
                  valjean83 Mar 13, 2011

I am starting to think I have really been scammed by Edreams too. I got a flight for 200 euros, my credit card was correctly charged, and five days later they charged me 500 more euros for no reason, and with no explanation. It's been a month of emails and calls and they insist that the price in webpage was "incorrect", and that they had to correct this price, thus charging me 500 more euros. This is plain fraud, I don't know how they can get away with this. I will keep fighting and I have contacted comsumer unions in Spain, where I bought the ticket. I am amazed to see how many people had similar troubles with them!

eDreams — impossible dealings

On thursday-morning 10 Februari we booked with eDream: this is what we received: Confirmed booking –...

eDreamsunauthorized fee

I have booked with eDreams before and hadn't had a problem until this week.
                Right before I book my flight, I reviewed the cost and accepted the charges, etc for the flight. I receive my confirmation email a few minutes later and noticed that there is a fee for the travel agency that WAS NOT listed under the agreement statement i accepted. I emailed customer service and the claims department, only to receive condescending emails that state the airline charge was noted upon confirmation. NO IT WAS NOT. The charge was added AFTER I submitted my payment and they keep telling me that i'm in error when it's clear that there was an authorized charge. I'm so irritated because the phone numbers listed on their site DON'T WORK!!! and i might never get this resolved. Lesson learned, not booking with these jerks again!

• Fr
                    Francois Van der Westhuizen Feb 23, 2016

Me too! I didn't get my ticket because they had a 'server error' yet they charged me small fees twice. Fees that weren't listed for a service I didn't receive.

• Am
                    Amar Shah CA Apr 13, 2011

Perhaps i read your thread before i booked my ticket throgh eDreams. Exactly the same problem of unauthorised fees that they have charged on my credit card after i confirm my payment. I got shocked that the screen of payment fees apeared just after i entered all my credit details and agreed for a payment. i mailed to them but not a good response. phone numbers listed on the websites are also not working. PLS NEVER BOOK THE TICKETS FROM THIS CHEATING AGENCY ! i even would like to take actions against them but don't know about where should i lodge a complaint, if anyone has any idea about this then pls let me know.

Amar

eDreams — cancellation of return flights

Can anyone give us an actual number for eDreams - they have cancelled our return flight and we can't get hold of them

eDreams (Barcelona Spain)unissued airline ticket

I attempted to book a flight from johannesburg south africa to london (for my son who needed to urgently return to uk). Edreams offered a number of choices the best being 16/12/2010 etihad airlines 1355 to london via abu dabi £387. I accepted the offer and entered the visa electron debit card detail. Immediately I received an email advising a booking reference 5qs4wz but that there was a problem with my card and that they would advise what to do in order to effect payment and secure a ticket. They then demanded photocopies of my debit card /passport / id. I immediately went to my bank and was told the edreams had been credited with £487 at the moment of the transaction online 7.30 pm 16/12/2010. I attempted to fax them - no response. I attempted to phone - no response. I have emailed them many times requesting a ticket issue or refund - no response. Ian. [protected]@gmail.com

• Ia
                      ianklux Mar 03, 2011

Actually they did refund this ticket. But the credit - to my debit card took nearly two months to be verified. i.e. The funds were returned - but took months to get back onto my card. My bank later asked me if I was crazy wanting to supply edreams all my personal details and even a photocopy of the debit card

• Ys
                      ysirak Mar 02, 2011

The requirements of eDreams are entirely ILLEGAL. I was asked to send them by FAX a copy of my ID/ Passport and Credit card. The explanation was - for security reasons.
                      PLEASE DONT USE THE SERVICES OF eDreams, since YOU WILL BE CHEATED!!!

eDreamsbooked flight for wrong day

Two days ago I have booked multiple destination tickets (London-Prague / Prague-Zurich / Zurich-London). We checked the booking thoroughly before proceeding with the payment (since I read some bad reviews on this company on various websites). Everything appeared to be fine so I proceeded with the payment.
                    The following day I opened the e-mail with booking confirmation and found that the date of the last journey (Zurich-London) was not correct (instead of 10 days after the second flight they booked me a ticket leaving just two hours after the second flight)! I contacted the company via e-mail to allert them and received response to call spanish number. There I was informed that they cannot do anything unless I pay over 80 euros for modification of the booking plus of course additional extra for the flight ticket should the price of the ticket at the correct date changed since the booking. Since I am not the only one with the same problem (I found several reviews with identical issue) I suspect that they may have some bug on their website causing this. Their customer service is way bellow the UK standard - unreachable, calls expensive, staff at call centre rude and unhelpful. I would advice anyone who is consider purchasing anything from this company to avoid them at all costs!!! NIGHTMARE.

• Ko
                        Kostas_vip Dec 02, 2010

I had similar problems one time with EasyJet and two times with travelplanet24.com .
                        I am now sure that there is no bug on their websites, this is something embeded so that we would pay the extra fee for changing the date to the correct one...

eDreamswhy after years of commiting fraud is this company still allowed to operate its website

My son had to book a last minute business flight from Switzerland to Germany and booked a flight through eDreans the day before he wanted to fly. Everything appeared to go smoothly and they emailed him an e-ticket for a Lufthanza flight from Geneva to Munich. On arriving at the airport his e-ticket was invalid and he had to pay again for a flight to Frankfurt (it was imperitive that he get to his business meeting the next day). I have now discovered that this company has been defrauding/robbing people for many years. Why are they still trading?!!!

marksanderson May 15, 2011

tried to book flights with this company, but they would not except the child's birth date we had to ring there hot line
                          at £1.53 per minute i dont think so this is after i had put all our passport details on there web site it stinks .
                          watch for companies like this there are lots about book direct with airlines and reputable company's

• Gr
                          Graham Watts Dec 22, 2010

I've just been hit for more than 1, 400 pounds by eDreams. I tried to book with them but all three of my cards were rejected (both on-line and on the phone). So I went elsewhere and bought a ticket. Next thing I find out that eDreams went ahead a day later and took the 1, 400 pounds from one of my cards and I never heard another thing from them. When I write to their customer service email, I get silence. Does anyone know how we can get these guys to stop committing this kind of fraud?

eDreams — asking for credit card copy and passport copy

I am having another bad-bitter experience with eDreams. After doing my booking (from Frankfurt to Prishtina...

eDreamsfraud and lack of customer service

So a few days ago I attempted to buy tickets from eDreams from Rome, Italy to Seville, Spain and I experienced some difficulties. The tickets were booked and I noticed a few days later that my credit card account was off. I go into the transactions page and I find a list of 75 transactions from eDreams sucking away my money for no reason. They have stolen triple the amount that I was supposed to pay for the tickets. Then came the next problem...the lack of customer service.

The customer service section has not responded to one of my emails over the past 4 days except to tell me that they did not receive the emails from before. Then when I resend them the email from before (mind you I hit reply from their message) I still receive no response. Dealing with this company has been a NIGHTMARE. Their phone numbers are bogus as they do not work from landlines from Italy or the United States, so it is literally impossible to get in contact with this company when the time calls for it. If you have to book a flight anywhere

• Ms
                            MSueM May 31, 2013

Having what sounds like the exact same problems. What's with this company? How do they stay in business? They have my debit card number but haven't billed me yet and won't confirm my booking and / or send an eticket! They stink!!! I'm worried if I make another booking instead I'll get double billed. SO wish I hadn't tried to make this booking through eDreams. Is there any organization that regulates them or is that wishful thinking?

• Lo
                            LoFox Jun 01, 2011

I agree - my 'edreams' experience has been nothing but 'enightmare'. They make it virtually impossible for you to get in contcat with them to either complain or change errors that THEY made when booking my flights. After having to correct WRONG input details on their part where they gave me no other option than to return the ticket twice (where I still had to pay the insurance of 145euros) then finally after attempting to reserve this ticket for the THIRD time and even after receiving a CONFIRMATION EMAIL FROM EDREAMS, they now claim 3 weeks later that my flight is not reserved and does not exist!

Most hopeless customer service EVER ; the french branch and a french employee even told me on the phone that I should go to their competitor 'govoyages' if I was not happy with them!!! What brilliant customer service! Last time ever in my life and I will try and make sure anyone I know does not get involved in this bogus company and its' pitiful and painful 'customer service'

eDreamscharging double price - withhelding money

Yesterday, I booked an air ticket with "edreams.fr" which cost around
                          800 Euros. Just after the payment I was notified that they have taken 1600 Euros from my bank account!!! The first 800 Euros is for the price of the ticket and the other 800 is to be returned within a month. It is amazing that this dishonest fraudulent practice is not illegal. Even if they return the money as they promise, it creates too much unnecessary stress, inconvenience, and problems for thousands of people.

AVOID edreams before you start dreaming about your own money!

Alex

• Va
                              vanely Feb 19, 2011

well for me they just double charge for the booking fees not once but in two occasions!!!
                              when i was booking on the second occasion i completly forgot that they had double charged me on the first time!!!
                              it horrible i think that i wont be booking with them again and im going to write a very angry letter to get my money back cuz im a student and 20 pounds times 2 is a lot of money!!!
                              its very annoying!!!