Dollar Treemanagers/customer service

On 10/3/19 I visited Ligonier Indiana store. I am a 51 yr old disabled female who walks with a cane. I had never been to this store before and was excited to see the deals. I was taking my time looking over everything especially cleatence. I am on a fixed income so value and cost is important. I found a set of tupperware type products on cleatence and placed them in my cart. After going several aisles over looking at products I realized I would not have enough money to purchase this box of containers. Having difficulty walking I set the medium size box on a shelf and proceeded to register. The entire time I was in the store a manager and employee followed me down every aisle. I had become uncomfortable even being in store. The manager very rudely and loudly asked where the box was I had in my cart. I told her on an open shelf and aporoximately where
She very rudely pulled me from register line and made me walk the aisles with my cane and her until I showed her. I left the store crying. I have never been so embarrassed. I have told at least 20 people not to visit this store to go to Dollar General instead at least they treat you with respect. I am sending an editorial letter to 3 different newspapers concerning this incident in hopes of preventing someone else this uncalled for trearment. I will continue to let everyone I know NOT to shop at this dollar deal/dollar tree store. I am even considering contacting a lawyer concerning the harassment I received.

Mi
Oct 11, 2019

Comments

• Km
      Oct 11, 2019

I don't think you would have much of a case if you contact a lawyer. You're best bet is to sue under the guise of menacing, however the guise of menacing can only be used in a civil case as a result of capital loss. Like when a gang go into a restaurant and shows of guns and knives to scare off customers when the owner hasn't paid for "protection".