Dollar Tree — customer service
On October 26, 2018 at approximately 2:50 pm at the Dollar Tree (Montclair, VA off of Dumfries Road) location I was asked as I first stepped into the store to leave my work bookbag that was located on my back at the front of the store which would also be unsupervised. I'm a 34 year old black woman who was wearing a hoodie due to inclement weather was only coming into the store to purchase toilet paper. I was stunned at the discrimination because beside me as I was asked to remove my bag was an older white woman wearing a cloth red, white, and blue tote bag that was the same size as my bookbag. It was NOT that womans purse and NOTHING was said to her. Absolutely NOTHING! The impression that I got from that retail associate (Matt) is that I was going to come in and steal because I was black and wearing a hoodie and bookbag. You can't treat people like they are criminals when they come in with their hard earn working money to spend just by your first impression. My bookbag had tons of my personal belongings (Money, Identification, keys, work papers, etc….) and there would be NO difference in wearing a large purse that holds the same items. I felt like it was racist and I'm disgusted.
More Dollar Tree Complaints & Reviews
- Dollar Tree - Return policy
- Dollar Tree - Dollar tree survey
- Dollar Tree - Dollar tree store manager attacks my 3 year old son
- Dollar Tree - Laid off / fired who knows!!!
- Dollar Tree - Miss management andsexual relations on the job ignored by coorprate... Results
- Dollar Tree - purchasing merchandise
- Dollar Tree - we need managers in emporia more like the little girl jessica robertson
- Dollar Tree - your manager ariel leatherwood
- Dollar Tree - discrimination against an employee
- Dollar Tree Stores, Inc. - home store brand bleach/customer service sales associate. shelby