Dollar General Complaints & Reviews, Page 2

Have a problem? Contact customer service, submit your complaint, find closest location, or read guest reviews below.

Dollar GeneralThe whole store in general

Well besides our local store closing everyday at 5 pm . I am handicap walking with a cane you can't get the carts thru the isle s. Without moving stuff . today I'm in line behind a few people and they now are saying they can only take cash your machines never work when you swipe them . I just had over $50 in my cart . and I left it there because your workers don't know what they are doing you have . to fix this store and fast. You have lost so much local business its not funny. You need a manager in there that knows what to do and how to properly manage a store . I never worked in retail but years in the restaurant business I know how smooth things should run . and this store is no longer in my thoughts so much for your loss

Dollar GeneralCustomer Service.

I went in to get a few things. There was no employees behind the cash registers. They were all outside smoking while a "USE SELF CHECK OUT" sign did all the work. There were 3 employees there. A black male and 2 whites females. There was a line of people waiting to check THEMSELVES out while your lazy employees took their smoke breaks and chatted about what they are gonna doing this weekend. I am LIVID. If I wasn't an honest person, I could have robbed your company blind because you have employees who would rather chit chat and smoke then do their job. IT IS RIDICULOUS. This took place on October 21 around 6:15 pm. Something needs to be done. This Dollar General is terrible.

Customer Service.
    Customer Service.

• Fr
        Friend of DG Oct 30, 2021

On 10/30/21 at the Wire Road, Auburn, Alabama DG about 1pm there was nobody watching the front checkouts or the wide open front door. One man started yelling out loud, "Is there ANYBODY WORKING at this store?" He yelled several times, louder and louder. Finally a black male employee came to the front checkouts. I saw the new self-serve checkouts and used those. The worker had gone back to a distant part of the store, perhaps stocking.

the doors were wide open, anybody could have carried out 3 cartloads of merchandise without paying. A nice black woman did the self checkout in front of me and we both talked about how discouraging this new arrangement is with the feeling that nobody is guarding the store. Thieves can have a field day. Luckily she was honest and so am I.

I tried to phone you about this a few minutes ago, was put on hold, told it would be an average 3 or 4 minute wait to speak to a customer service rep, but the phone tree kept playing music and saying "do you want a callback?" and finally I hung up. So this message may not be in time to help the Wire Road disaster today, no telling how much stock you've lost in the hour it took me to drive home and write this complaint.

I'd rather you shut the store 3 days a week and have GREAT EMPLOYEES there and the assurance every customer must PAY for his merchandise, than have the store "wide open" to thieves 7 days a week.

I do like Dollar General, a whole lot.

Thanks for hearing me.

I'm only complaining to alert you to a problem that may cost DG their profits. I don't want to see DG fail.

Martha Shamp
        Auburn, Alabama

Dollar Generalwheatfield 20275 store #

hope is new and i am going to quit spending there I go in there 2x a day until she started i know when you close she runs down the isles yelling ten minutes even comes down the isles after you. she is very rude I had a clearance item she was too lazy to check so she slammed the keys on the table to change the price my wife gets the same treatment if this is how its going to be i quit spending at dg i ASSURE YOU IAM NOT THE ONLY MAD CUSTOMER BECAUSE OF HOPE.

Dollar General StoreNeatness if stores

I've been in Dollar General stores in 3 states yesterday, Tennessee, Missouri, and Arkansas looking for a supplement ! Those shelves are never stocked, the little stock you have is in the wrong bin or it's on a palate blocking the isle!
        In every store, boxes are piled In almost every isle, most of them blocking isles. It's like trying to walk a maze!
        Someone in your organization should teach organizational skills, facings that are in the correct place and safety procedures to keep people from falling.

Howard Radford Oct 11, 2021

These stores make more money in a mess then when they are organized so the disorganized mess is actually the company's intent. I've been at 2 company's with multiple different managers each manager would either be super organized or could care less, but the care less ones always made the store more profitable.

Dollar GeneralManagement

DG in Birch tree mo store #15530 management (Alton) will not give customers a receipt saying that the store is his and he will run it the way he see fit and if we can't get a receipt then we can not report the mess that the store is in. It all started with him having the cashiers marking out the survey numbers but when that didn't work he just decided we didn't get a receipt at all!!
          The women that work there are GREAT but that man needs to go. And what is the deal with him following all the women, not only is the store a complete mess you have a pervert running it!! Not a happy customer and at church yesterday the subject was him and that store you have a problem.

Dollar GeneralNew African American Supervisor

The new supervisor that they have at Dollar General is NOT friendly AT ALL. The employees are outstanding, but SHE is so rude! I was so dissatisfied when I shopped there! (Store # 09694 in Homestead, PA.) And this is not the first time. I am to the point where I'd rather do my shopping somewhere else. Tess, on the other hand (the white manager) is a FANTASTIC asset to Dollar General! She really cared about the people and the community. I don't know WHY she hired this lady! She is not at all friendly, helpful or courteous. They really need to get rid of her and go back to having Tess!

Dollar GeneralDigital Coupons

I had a digital coupon for Right Guard deodorant which expires 10/9/21 for $2.00 off that did not come off at register. Also, there was no digital coupon for the Irish Spring body wash but there was a sign for a dollar off. I asked cashier and showed picture of deal but that did not come off my bill either. I know times are tough and the store is struggling to find employees, but I do clip my coupons and expect them to come off total. I don't have time to go back and forth disputing the total.
              One more thing: have the $5 off coupon valid for the whole week instead of just Saturdays. They never unpack products and the isles are jammed with carts full of boxed products.

Oct 08, 2021

Dollar General — I am not complaining about any of your products only the lack of.

The dollar General Store at 3407 Napier Ave, Macon Ga, 31201. This Store never has products 'I want to...

Dollar GeneralThe buggies rolled into the road and damaged my truck

The buggies from the Dollar General Store (09724) rolled into the road and hit my truck. I called the police the officer made the statement that myself and the store manager should settle this. I contact the empolyer on duty she referred me to the store manager Leslie Etienne. She did a customer incident report. She scan and sent the incident form via STOREnet to Risk Management immediately. This was September 9, 2021 aprox 11:00 am, no one has notified me. The manager stated that someone would be contacting me. I went back to the store on Oct. 5, 2021 to see what was taking the process so long. The manager stated I needed to go to my insurance company. I left went to my insurance company immediately, the advised me that they couldn't do anything because I wasn't at fault. I then called the number on the incident report and spoke with someone. He took my social security number and stated that I wasn't in the system. I went back to the store the store manager re did the incident report called District Manager Rhonda Schabert. She told her to go to another store to scan the incident report because theirs didn't work.

Dollar GeneralReceipt

I was walking through the dollar general store on 10/5/21 at 3:30 pm.and I found a store receipt from frito-lay laying on the floor.This receipt should not have been laying on the floor.It is a sales receipt that shows year to date sales, tax exemption number, The store number is 11852 here in Dayton oh.the employees name on the receipt is Raymond Williams.What should I do with this receipt?

• Updated by Eddavis · Oct 05, 2021

I believe the manager of this store can not operate the store in a safe way . the store shelf's are empty half way as well as not being well taken care of as a store should be. Open food itiams opened and opened packages where people are stilling the stuff and throwing the empty package on the shelf's real loud music playing in the store from employees. Please look in to this asap . to keep a great store we need better management.

Howard Radford Oct 06, 2021

Keep it if you want it. Nobody cares. I'd probably simply throw it away, but I probably wouldn't have bothered picking it up in the 1st place.

Dollar GeneralStore appearance

This is a pretty new store, and a shame that it looks like it has been there for 10 years. You can never shop in the store unobstructed, there is always carts full of product, in the aisles. I understand on truck day it may be a little crowded, but it is 7 days a week. But the shelves are empty. I have seen many customers shopping off the carts to get what they want. I also understand staffing issues, but, this store just consistently looks bad. There is a family dollar downtown, that is always clean, they get the product up on the shelves, quickly, and the store is clean and the staff is friendly. I have stopped shopping at dollar general, and drive the extra miles to dollar store.

Respond

Dollar GeneralComplaint about employee at your 16111 store in clarion pa.

The complaint is on Carrie in your 16111 store in clarion. Complaint on her my wife was at your store (9/30/2021) approx. 7:30 P.M. and there was a line of 12 people and the other cashier yell for her help and she just looked up and kept on stocking shelves. including my wife and another girl walked out and both said they won't be back as long as she is their. I heard alot of people saying they will not go back as long as she is their. I fixed the problem by boycotting your store and will suggest to others to do the same. People i already talked to said they already did. BOYCOTT. when you try to take something back they say we don't take returns. More but to much to write. Your losing business. shopped their every day for something. no more. they never run both registers at once even if there are 2 employees their. She also needs an attitude adjustment. Sorry more then i was planning on sending to you but disgussed.

Ted Theiss

Howard Radford Oct 01, 2021

This is what we call in the retail world as a supply and demand issue. Carrie is actually doing the right thing. The supply(man hours, employees) can not meet the demand(customers). By intentionally driving customers away she is also driving down the demand which will make the supply of man hours and employees better able to meet the demand. When it comes to these types of supply and demand issues the only solution is poor or bad customer service cause the corporation is not going to increase supplies to meet demand.

Dollar GeneralCleanliness of the store

I just left the Dollar General at 4017 Yanceyville St. In Greensboro, NC. That is one of the nastiest stores I have ever been in. The floors have nasty spots all over them. They have never seen a mop. Trash pushed under the counters and the aisles sitting full of unopened merchandise while the shelves are empty. The stuff on the shelves is thrown up there "willy nilly". This store obviously needs new management. It is a disgrace to your company. Upper management needs to pay them a surprise visit. What a MESS. Just thought you'd like to know.

Dollar GeneralNo stock

When I became legally blind and couldn't work anymore I had to find ways to cut corners and save money so I started couponing and at dg I could use the $5 off $25 with the digital coupons it made for great savings but for months now the shelfs have been bare, And when I say bare I mean it looks like there going out of business bare, this week there was no sale items with or without digital coupons no detergant, mens deordrant, or body wash, no tide or gain no purex, or softners, suave lotion, no Colgate, no Shea moisture and I checked surrounding towns and no one had anything they all was out of basically the same thing
                          that's just a few items, now you would think that If you was gonna have a sale on something you would make sure it's stocked, I don't think it's a COVID thing because FAMILY DOLLAR is always stocked Walmart is always stalked and target, could someone please tell me why dollar general can't fulfill there sales ad and honor there digital coupons it's really just a waste of time unless they can stock there stores and honor there coupons, I guess it's gonna be a family dollar day. Thanks for letting me vent

Sep 19, 2021

Dollar General — Staff smoking just outside front door

One female looking at phone and smoking by front door at new store in Omaha Tx which caused DG a to lose a...

Dollar GeneralCustomer service

Store # 16467
                            Register 2
                            Date: 09/18/2021
                            Time: 9:23 PM
                            Transaction 7814
                            I have shopped at this DG since it opened & shop here multiple times every week. I utilize digital coupons & the $5 off coupons that come on my multiple receipts that I receive each week.
                            For the most part, the associates at this store are patient w/ my couponing & try to accommodate me when there are errors w/ the system.
                            I have had issues w/ associates in the past but chalked it up to the fact that everyone can have a bad day.
                            However, I had an experience w/ Paige tonite in the above referenced store that requires mention. She was obviously not wanting to be there & made this plainly obvious. She would not honor my physical $5 off coupon so I requested the order voided. She was extremely rude & offensive- to the point that the customer behind me came to my defense & stormed out of the store. She also had a cart full of merchandise.
                            Like I said, I understand people having a bad day & having spent most of my professional life in customer service, I definitely give the benefit of the doubt 99% of the time. This, however, was that 1% & totally unacceptable in a person who deals with the public.

Respond

Dollar GeneralOpening up the store.

Whenever we go to the store #20565 in Hollywood Alabama at 8 am. Whoever is suppose to open the store never gets there on time to do so. The clerk never showed up until 8:05 and we still had to wait for her to set up the cash register. She finally opened the door at 8:08. She never turned any of the lights on either so we got to shop in a dark store. We got to pick our way around stock left in the isles. This happened on [protected].
                              This wasn't the first time that it has happened to us and we just left before without getting in to the store to buy the things that we wanted.

I'm not sure if 6917 is the clerk's number or not. But it was the only number that I thought it was.

Respond

Dollar GeneralThe cleanliness and store never being stocked.

In the last few years I have consistently complained about the Batavia New York store. The store is filthy carts everywhere so you can't get down half the isles and nothing is stocked. I understand getting help is hard but Family Dollar down the road seems to have no problem keeping things stocked and cleaned. It just baffles me your store can't do this.

• Do
                                    Don Warner Sep 20, 2021

Both stores in Coudersport have at least 6-8 aisles almost completely empty for about three to four weeks now. The main aisle is pet food, but there are many more.

Dollar GeneralService

In Washington Illinois, store # 8252 assistance manager Amanda, on our 2nd year of COVID during a Mask Mandate. While in line Amanda was giving her Anti-Vaccine lecture to the women in front of me and she had a lot to say. All unfounded misinformation and of course she Amanda had NO MASK ON, showing all of us she did not care about any of us. Customers had Masks on signs everywhere to wear a mask Not 1 employee did Not 1. Amanda held up the line so long telling a women things, that as a RN of 44 yrs I know are FALSE. Is that the assistant managers' job ?? We have a mask mandate due to the increased # of cases, we have 3 hospitals close by All have been on the news saying " Do Not Come here, Full of unvaccinated COVID patients and your asst manager does not allow other employees to wear them either, said 2 employees told me. Assist assit manager is a horrible person who let us all know she is a loudmouth spewing misinformation with NO MASK on so who knows Who will getr Sick. Unbelievable

Howard Radford Sep 13, 2021

Well the Democrats caused all this misinformation last year during the elections. I personally don't care one way or the other when it comes to vaccines. If I had chose not to vaccinate I would've survived covid, and likely did before the vaccine was available. I did chose to vaccinate and I survived the vaccine. When it comes to mask I'd prefer no mask mandates it hurts my sales. My suggestive sales numbers are much higher without a mask then with. My ratio is 5:2 without a mask compared to with the mask that 150% higher. That's the difference between being profitable to going out of business.

Dollar GeneralRude associate

I went in Dollar General tonight in Kilbourne, Louisiana and was trying to purchase 2 Amazon cards, one for 25$'s and one for a 100's with a debit card which I've been doing since the store opened with no problems but tonight the associate rudely told me in front of other customers she could do the 25$ card with a debit but I'd have to use cash for the 100$ card...which makes absolutely NO SENSE AT ALL...it's strange you see signs NO CASH BACK but they want cash, which debit is, for a card...say she'd get a flag and she wasn't losing her job for me to purchase a 100$ card...it's funny the other associates that I've purchased cards with debit are still working there...if it's a rule at Dollar General which I know for a fact Wal-Mart allows to be purchased with a debit card, so be it but I DO NOT APPRECIATE how rude she was to me in front of other customers, raising her voice for all to hear...
                                    Thanks for you time!!!