Having problems with DirecTV?

DirecTV reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 20, 2006. The latest review Deceptive charges. lies was posted on Apr 16, 2021. The latest complaint installation at my home on nov. 26, 2019 was resolved on Dec 27, 2019. DirecTV has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 2002 reviews. DirecTV has resolved 536 complaints.

DirecTV Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 531 5000 (Customer Service)
2230 E Imperial Hwy
Thu8:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Fri8:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sat8:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sun8:00 AM - 12:00 AM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with DirecTV Customer Service. Initial DirecTV complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for DirecTV above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about DirecTV. Discuss the issues you have had with DirecTV and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

DirecTV Complaints & Reviews

DirectTVpoor customer service

I purchased a new receiver from directtv and its installation. It cost me $157 total and it was supposed to installed on Saturday 01-14-17 from [protected]. That Saturday they changed it to 1200-4pm. The guy actually showed up at 4:37pm. he tells me that he doesn't have the receiver and if he can reschedule for tomorrow, Sunday [protected]. I said ok. I had no other choice. He never showed up. When I spoke to the customer service representative, MAFSR020223, she stated that we had canceled the service and I would have to reorder. She didn't hear my story. Worst thing is I can't cancel service because of a 2 year contract

• Ca
      Carlos Florez Jan 23, 2017

Worst ####ing services experience ever, not only did they screw up my order they also wanted me, my wife because she stayed home $50 to fix there #### up for the extra tv I ordered. Also it came with $100 dollar visa reward I had just received in the the mail the day before a letter stating if I change to direct tv they would give me $200 visa reward so not only do I call and talk to the rep but also his supervisor they would come back another day and because of my zip code I would only get the $100 they sent the flyer to my house, hello address should have told them that before sending to my house. #### direct tv and their #### customer service. #### them #### them #### them, with in 30 days I'm cancelling and going with uverse

June Jan 22, 2017

I urge all people with complaints about Direct TV and their deceptive sales practices to sell their service to people to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. There is a page there for filing complaints against internet and TV providers.

DirecTV tv service

I did not authorize them to take money out of our account now all my bills are bouncing we are not wealthy people please give us our money back we will take care of this later. My husband is the only one able to I can not with a bad back they don't care about the here customer s at all they don't care if your checking account bounces the money isn't there to take out

June Jan 22, 2017

I urge all people that complaints about Direct TV and their deceptive sales practices to sell their service to people to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. There is a page there for filing complaints against internet and TV providers.

DirecTV unauthorized charges to my account

You took money out of my account without my knowledge!!! put my money back now i will call every hour until the money is back in my account i want this done asap like now!!! i want this issue resolved now!!! i can't feed my family because you took money out of my account without my knowledge!!! put it back now!!! i expect it to be back in my account in the next hour!!!

Direct TVdirect tv

November 8 2016 I asked for new packet service two years at $50 per month. I live in my parents home they had direct tv. I told the sales person to cut off my parents account and put me as a new customer for direct. I added 5 TVs and equipment at $50 per month. I called several times asking why the bill was so high and why I was paying more than $50. I was told I had the account since 2012? I told them that was my parents account and I started mine Nov 8 2016. Complaint my parents are not on my account. My father is an authorized person on my account. My new package was to be two years $50. Either resolve or cancel contract no fees as a new customer. It looks like someone upgraded my parents account and put me on the account making it look like i had the account since 2012. I called in for new services November 8 2016

DirecTV I am filing a complaint against directv... my name is diana gonzales.

I am very upset with directv... On march of 2016 I called to cancel my service with directv, because I could no longer afford my service! The representative put my account suspension for 6 months. I told the representative that I did not want my account on suspension because I did not know where or when I was going to be living in 6 months. I told the representative that I just lost my wife and that I was having to move from my residents at the end of the month march 30th 2016... Directv reconnected my service without giving me a courtesy call!! Had directv gave me a courtesy call they would have known that I was no longer living at 111 westshore dr. N. E. Moses lake, wa 98837.. I hope that you can understand why I am soooo upset with directv.. They reconnected my service at a resident in which I no longer resided in!! There for I find directv responsible for not contacting me !! Directv has my phone number on record! Directv is supposed to be a professional company who cares about their customers!! And I directv at fault!! For not contacting a very loyal customer as myself... Directv needs to reimburse me in the amount $181.92 for reconnecting my service without contacting me by phone to even see if I was still at the service address 111 westshore dr. N. E. Moses lake, wa 98837... I strongly believe that it is directv lack of responsibility to keep in contact with their loyal customers as myself! So I feel that directv owes me $181.92 that directv took out of my checking account on january 10th 2017... For service I did not receive because I no longer resided at the said address 111 westshore dr. N. E. Moses lake, wa 98837.. Sincerely... Diana gonzales

• Sl
              Sladeson Sep 11, 2017

I will be researching more into filing a complaint with ftc and bcc. I just received (swapt) a set top box for my ice house. Had 6 months left on contract, now they tell me I signed up for another 24 months for the whole acct not just the one receiver. Customer service is a joke and thievery is taught. Ftc has filed a order against em and i truly wish I would of done my research on satellite providers. Direct tv has a 1.7 customer satisfaction rating. I have experienced why. Cant wait to leave this money grubbing, lying and thievery company

• Jb
              JB- Jan 12, 2017

Hi Diana,

I just had an awful customer service experience on the phone and I am seeking a way to file a complaint. Below is what happened to me this evening.

Hello,

I have had a very awful experience this evening. I originally called at 6pm PST to address a change in my balance on my current Direct TV/Att bill. During the process I had the following happen: two disconnected calls(that were not returned back), a third representative give me inconsistent information relative to the two previous callers, and a very disrespectful supervisor.

I asked to speak to a supervisor after the third representative was unable to provide accurate and consistent information like the previous reps had(which by the way they were very helpful but we were disconnected and unable to complete my task at hand). When I was connected to the supervisor, Mr. Richard Gordon 028903, the conversation started off fine. However, after I asked for a breakdown of charges, and some clear information on what my billing cycle would look like in the future(its been very inconsistent the last three cycles) things took a turn for the worse. Due to either a language barrier or cultural differences, he was unable to answer my request. He then proceeded to try and connect me with Att. Mind you, I already spoke with Att for 30 minutes in which I was re-directed to DirectTV that started the chain of events(speaking with two reps that both resulted in being disconnected). I proceeded to tell him that I already spoke with Att and was transferred to DirectTV and he completely ignored my request to not call them and to please try and explain the additional charges. He put me on hold(against my request) and called an Att representative anyway. I then informed her I had already spoken with Att (which they were very helpful) and that I had no further questions- my real issue was with DirectTV and the lack of explanation of my current charges. Mr. Gordon proceeded to talk over me, raise his voice, and completely ignore my request to let me speak and complete my thought. This conversation escalated and resulted in me requesting his information in order to contact corporate.

At this point, I am extremely upset. I have now spent the last two hours on the phone and I still have not gotten any of my questions addressed. As a valued customer of almost 3 years I am beyond upset and really contemplating my services in the future. Mr. Gordon stated he was located in the Philippines, and I cannot help but think his blatant disrespect towards me may be somewhat of a cultural difference. Nonetheless, I do not appreciate spending my evening after work being shuffled between representatives only to not have my ultimate question answered in the end. I am not sure what can come out of this, but for the first time in nearly 3 years, I am unsure if I will continue with DirectTV in the future. Please advise, thank you.

DirecTV I called to cancel my service with directv in march of 2016

I called to cancel my service with directv back in march of 2016 because I could no longer afford the service. Since my service with directv I have had nothing but problems with customer service people!!! I will tell tell all my friends not to order directv because they are ripoffs and they will over charge you for there services!!! They are liers and thieves!!! They have lied and stolen from me!!!

• Updated by Diana D. Gonzales · Jan 10, 2017

The reason for my cancellation was, my wife was battling stage 4 pancreatic cancer and that I could no longer afford my service with DIRECTV!! The representative tried to talk me into putting my account on hold! I told the representative that I did not want my account put on hold!!! But obviously he did it anyway without my permission!!! On March 30th 2016 I moved from my residence of 111 Westshore Dr.N.E. Moses Lake, WA 98837... I've been living at 3691 Lake Vista PL.N.E. Moses Lake, WA 98837... As of today Jan. 10th 2017 you have, DirecTV has taken $181.92 dollars out of my checking account!! I need that money put into my account ASAP!!! my EMAIL ADDRESS IS [email protected] my phone is [protected].. MY CHECKING ACCOUNT IS NOW OVER DRAWN DO TO THE REPRESENTATIVE WHO DID NOT CANCEL MY SERVICE WITH DIRECTV AS I ASKED !!

• Updated by Diana D. Gonzales · Jan 10, 2017

I have never been so upset as i am now with directv and there customer service people... I called to cancel my service with directv and the representative suspended my account instead of canceling my account like i asked them too!! directv has made my life a living hell ever since i had service with them!!! i want the $181.92 dollars put back into my checking account asap!!!

DirecTV customer service / sales

I had a 2-year contract with Directv as a result of a bundling marketing offer after signing up with Exede Internet Service. The two years expired in January 2017, right now. Yesterday I called to terminate my service. I was told that I had committed to another 2-year contract. Huh??? It turns out that we called Directv Customer Service last month (December 2016) to change our programming. Reduce the costs. The customer service representatives told us to help us out he would reduce the monthly bill by $15 for the next two years. So, my wife said OK. What the customer service rep did NOT tell us that we had just agreed to being locked in to a two-year extension to the contract. I would say that this is somewhat devious and maybe even deceptive practices. So, I have to pay $175 to terminate the “agreement” – there was certainly no meeting of the minds here. I will pay the money just to get rid of ATT/Directv. Never again with those bums!

DirecTV unethical behaviour

On or about 8/3/2016, a young man wearing a shirt with the at&t logo came to my door to inform me that at&t was fading out uvers and switching everyone to direct tv and that because of my loyalty to at&t, he was able to give me a special offer if I signed up now for a 2 year contract. With $100 down, service would be installed the following week, 8/3/2016.In just a few days of using the direct tv service, we realized that we did not want dtv!!! Several phone call have taken place, many times I was confused as to which company I was talking with. Long story short, at&t switched me back within a few days and I thought that was that. Wrong! Not only did my dtv service not get cancelled as promised, I am continually being billed and dtv helped themselves to my bank account! The person who came to my door did not work for either company! He was with new star!

DirecTV — channel 11 nbc not on my direct tv any more as of the first of the year

I can't believe direct tv and nbc can't just get along and resolve this issue! My husband has early onset...

New Windsor

DirecTV satellite television

After noticing an extra $10 equipment fee that has been added to my bill since August, 2016, I contacted DirecTV January 2, 2017, to determine why the fee had been added and to request a refund of $50 I had overpaid from August through November 2016, along with a correction to my current bill. I spoke with a DirecTV employee who informed me that a service tech had installed the new HD receiver during a July 2016 service call I made to fix problems with my satellite dish following a hail storm. I advised the employee that I neither ordered nor consented to a new receiver at an increased charge. The employee advised me that the company no longer makes the receiver that was installed during my 2014 setup, so he could not refund the extra charge they had been billing me since August 2016 and could not replace the HD receiver with the one I initially ordered when I signed the two-year agreement in June 2014. I asked to be transferred to a supervisor and, instead, the employee simply put me back in the cue. I hung up and called to cancel my service. Not only did I get no help from the woman in that department, she refused to cancel my service. She said, "What I can do is have one of our investigators listen to all the calls and go through all the notes to determine whether you did or did not order the HD receiver." I told her that I wanted a refund of the $50 overcharge and to cancel my service. I have not had an agreement with DirecTV since July 2016 and, yet, she refused to cancel my service. She explained that she needed to read several disclosures to me. I advised her that I have filed bankruptcy and that DirecTV needed to cease and desist from attempting to collect any money from me and needed to refund the overcharges to my account. As of today, January 4, 2017, DirecTV has not canceled my service.

Directv And NBC — loss of major network on directv

It was extremely bad business and unfair to paying consumers that these 2 large companies, Direct TV & NBC...

Direct TVsatellite tv service

Hello, my name is Dan.I live in the North East and as of January 1st 2017 I lost three of my local chanels. My provider is Direct TV and I pay what is to me alot of money every month for there service. I pay for a specific package which is supposed to include those three chanels. Direct TV says they are renegotiating the contract. I called Direct TV to see how they were going to compensate me for not providing me with a complete package. I waited on hold for 28 mins before talking to a rep, I told the rep why I was calling and asked to be compensated, was told they could not help me. I then asked to speek to a superviser and waited any 17mins on hold to get connected to the superviser. I explained to him that I wanted to be compensated for the loss of the three local chanels. He then stated that I would be compensated when I got the channels back, could not tell me how or when and then hung up on me. Not very professional and not a good way to treat your customers. Well as of tomorrow I will be searching for a new provider.

• Be
                        Betty Raymond Jan 01, 2017

Directv is greedy and hold local stations hostage till they cave to their terms. You go ahead and tell them you are going to cancel and then they will practically give you free service just to stay with them. They really don't care because if they don't get the high fees from you, they'll get it from someone else.

DirecTV upgrading screwjob

A couple of years ago I upgraded my service for hd and a more robust dvr. This was the ultimate result of a program update to my (I actually had purchased the machine) dvr, which to ruined my machine. Eventually the situation was resolved and directv wrote me a letter that stated because of my experience, from now on those who paid the maintenance fee, they would be automatically upgraded when new and better equipment was available. As time had passed I periodically checked to see if there was an upgrade available. Always told nothing availabil. So after some time I get a new tv. A samsung model un60ku6270fxza. I then go to the web site and see that the 4k is available at no additional expense. I the dial 1 800 directv. The cs person says I need to purchase upgrade equipment to the tune of $200 and I would have to upgrade my service for another $12 a month. So to get what was promised I am now going to be on the hook for an additional $300+. I don't think so and this either gets what was promised to me, or I show the rest of the world that your promises aren't worth much.

DirecTV loyal customer but dissatisfied

I am very upset. I been with direct tv since 2011. I fell ill in 2013 and my services were disconnected. I had to pay 400.00 to get my services restored. The payment was made and my services were restored without any problems. October 17, 2016, my services were disconnected for non payment. I fell ill again but this time, I was in contact with direct tv. I been a loyal customer since 2011. I called in, sometime in november and told a representative I want my services and actually called in to make a payment. When the rep informed me that my balance was 593.41, I asked her why and she told me because of the equipment. I told her, I want my services and I will pay the 388.13. The rep said she would note my account. I was ready to pay 150.00 on that call but when she said that, I told her I would call back in to pay that full balance of 388.13. A few days later, I received some big boxes on my porch. What are the boxes for? To return the equipment? I am confused and just told her days before, I would pay that balance. I called in today, 12-30-16 and took care of the balance 388.13 to restore services, only my services wasn't restored. While, talking with the rep that took my payment, she said everyday I am without services direct tv will credit my account. 2nd rep states who promised me that direct tv will credit my account everyday I am without service? What! The calls are recorded and monitored! After going back and fourth with that rep she gives me 5$ credit for services today... Next the rep says I don't have account protection, which is a lie because I had it before my account was disconnected and those fees were in that bill of 388.13. Next she says I have to pay the technician 45 or 47 bucks to come out and I just gave 388.13? That's not my fault services aren't working. Wow! I refused to pay any technician, when I know that was included on my bill (Account protection). Thirdly, she asks me do I want to add it for 7.99? I told her go ahead and she confirmed it and added it and told me I owe a balance of 350? I am pissed! 350 for what? On that call I repeatedly asked her could I speak with someone else. She transfer me to a young lady name megan, which megan was helpful and I vented to her about the previous rep. While, I am on the call megan goes over somethings and the account protection is not added! So, she adds it after the previous rep was suppose too! I was given so much misleading information, okay the reconnect fees were removed and credited 40 bucks on the next bill so I owe - 40. Bill suppose to be 0.00 balance now but the other rep says it 350.00... I feel that corporate need to offer special training on reconnect accounts. I wasn't happy at all after, giving direct tv 388.13 of my check! That's over half not to have my services working as promised! What ever, direct tv is doing different, this is not the answer! I choose to pay my bills because, I pay my bills and I recognize, anyone that I owe if the bill makes sense... All of the reps need to be on one page far as giving correct informtion! Every rep, I spoke with had something different to say about my account. Last but not least, I fulfilled two 2 - year contracts with direct tv 4 yrs straight and I was offered 50.00 off for 12months.. I need that discount, especially after I was on the phone for 2 hrs. Pissed not to mention, I have no services... What's 5$ after paying 388.13? I could have pay that with in 90 days and said forget direct and open up a whole new account, with another provider. I decided to go ahead and pay today, since I been with direct tv since 2011 and I never really just had major problems with them. When it rains, my services go out. It's like direct tv wants, what is owed to them but why can't your end be fulfilled? I don't get it... A lot of people not fund of direct tv because, the way things are done and like that rep I dealt with today omg! Train her more! I am still upset and I don't want to renew another contract...

Direct TVdirect tv

This is a terrible product. The problems are not weather related but rather their software. I get message that I have not subscribes to a particular channel, such as HBO, which I do pay a monthly fee to get. I have problems playing back recordings. When there is program that allows to go back to the beginning, I can watch maybe 10 minute and then it reverts back to the current play time. These are just some of the problems. Your third party vendor, Smart Circle, does not have my account number nor my correct phone number.

I have been a member since 1991 and have never been unhappy with a product purchased at one of your stores. Given the problems with Direct TV and your vendor and my interaction with your vendor, Smart Circle, I will be a bit more reticent in making future purchases.

Direct TVcable

This is complicated.

I'm writing on behalf of a Gerard Shafer. He is a disabled adult. He lives with two other disabled adults; Kevin Young and David Andresen. I am Jake Walker, Gerard's caseworker. DirectTV has stated that they have not received payments since September and have cut service. The checks are paid on Gerard's account through Scott County Community Services (Social Security), from each of the three gentlemen. I have proof that they paid as recently as November and the checks have been cashed by DirectTV. Direct TV says this has not happened. I even submitted proof of payment to the address they told me to and never heard anything back. I called them again and they directed me to you. I am submitting proof of payment. I would like the service restored and for no additional charges to be applied. I don't believe the guys should be punished financially for Direct TV's error. I would appreciate a response as quickly as possible.

Direct TV/Sam's Club — direct tv scam

My husband and I were shopping at Sam's when we were approached by a woman who said Sam's was doing a...

DirecTV unethical behavior

Mary Mcghee had a appointment, Dec 9 2016, between 12 and 4 to have the cable connect to a Tv. After 4 I called Directv to see where my tech was I was informed that he was on site, not in my area I'm looking out my front door and don't see Directv nor do I see Att. Directv Tech. said "what I can do is give you another appt". Tuesday Dec. 13, 8 to 12. Now I live in a condo and was up at 730 the phone did ring but when answer no one said a thing, waiting 12pm comes and again I called Directv Tech said "they came but no one answer call or door" I'm not saying they didn't come but I look out my door several times and there was no one that came. so what I want point out that my hours of time is between 8 am to 12 pm, why is it the Tech thinks that if they knock on the door and if there's no answer they can go to the next customer, I'm expected to put off what I have to do for hours for them, I should have that same respect, 8 am to 12 pm is my time knock until there's an answer we are expecting them. I now have another appt for Thursday Dec. 15 again between the hour of 8 am and 12 pm. who knew it takes a a week for a simple connection to a Television, shame on Directv Technician

Mary Mcghee 300 country club dr Jonesboro Ga 30238 [protected] Thank you

Direct TV — unethical business practices.

First let me state that I am a senior citizen and on a fixed income. That fixed income has proven sufficient...

DirecTV billing

I called last month and made a complaint about Directv adding the sports package and HBO, and other channels to my account. I have not even watched any of those channels. The women told me that she would remove it from my lineup, and then this month I get billed again and I called Parker and he told me that it was still on my lineup. He says that he removed it but I still have to pay, very upset with this service. If it wasn't for the contract not be up is the only reason that I am staying with this company..As soon as I can I am going back to Time Warner.