Direct TVdirectv sucks

Click on the link to see the full complaint

• Wu
    wurkerby Apr 22, 2011

Thsi complaint system is REALLY a farse, no one REALLY cares and the agents are giving out bad names and agent numbers. Atleast I know that DIS NETWORKS appreciates my business

stjam004 Apr 21, 2011

Oh so they gave you a catch 22, just to get you to sign up huh? Well, I don't know what the problem with the poor customer service is. They take our tax money that we work hard for, turned the television to HD where you have to have cable or something to even watch something again that our tax dollars pay for. Then turn around and send the jobs overseas, so now that so many americans are out of work, we cant even watch t v. So, what do they think? Hello, no jobs no cable. At least treat people with some dignity. I say go to Time Warner if you can. They treat people pretty nice. Not going to say they don't have issues but I had none with them and when I can I will be going back to them.

• Er
    Erica Mickow Apr 21, 2011

I STRONGLY AGREE - They Suck! I got screwed out of my 250.00 Best Buy Gift Card for singing up with them & cant reach ANYONE that can help me with ANYTHING and has a hard time speaking English

stjam004 Apr 20, 2011

I don't understand where this Cable company gets these obnoxious employee's from. I tried to get Direct TV about two or three months ago. My oldest daughter when she lived with me had Direct TV and still owes a bill. Therefore, they would not let me set up service since I am still in the same residence, we have the same last name and she has moved out over two years ago. Anyway, that was cool, I understood and even told her to take care of her bill so that I could get Direct TV. When I called customer service to inquire why they didn't install. The girl on the phone was ghetto as heck, and uncaring or unhelpful and talked to me like I swindled the company for millions of dollars. Then a few days ago three young guys showed up at my door acting ghetto as heck, they were promoting Direct TV. I explained to them what happened and they assured me it was a mistake and that they could get this cable hooked up. When it came to giving them my social security number or bank card number I felt uncomfortable so I said "Never mind I don't want it. I will just wait". Today I get a call from automated service saying "your installation of Direct TV has been cancelled". I called the number and the ghetto girl got on the phone and talked to me like I was busted for trying to get Direct TV. I tried to explain to her what happened and she kept saying "your not gonna get it anyway". What I was trying to get across is that "YOU HAVE SOME DISHONEST SALES REPS OUT THERE IN THE NEIGHBORHOODS ORDERING DIRECT TV FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T WANT YOUR TERRIBLE SERVICE ANYWAY". and, to add to it. I don't care if my daughter pays off her bill or not. Even if she did, I will never ever ever ever order Direct TV. No way No how. So there it is there...

• Wo
    wooters27 Apr 16, 2011

DIRECT TV IS THE WORSE I WILL NEVER DEAL WITH THEM AGAIN I HAVE HAD SO MANY PROBLEMS WITH THEM THEY DONT CARE ABOUT THERE CUSTOMERS PEOPLE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND GO WITH COMCAST OR DISH ANYTHINGS BETTER THEN THESE PEOPLE HOPE THERE BUSSINESS GOES OUT SOON

• Wo
    wooters27 Apr 16, 2011

i hate direct tv and will make sure to tell everyone i lost my job and my home called talked to them they said you will have to pay a 450 cancellation fee these people need help i have phone with comcast and contract with them was able to cancel without a fee

• Se
    setox Apr 12, 2011

I called up to process an order for 3 new hr24's the HD dvr's they worked with me and offered the receivers for $250. I call back 2 days later to process the order they said they can't do it i spoke with a supervisor and they were able to get me the receivers i wanted at $80 more at my cost. After ordering the receivers i get them delivered and not only they were not the hr24's i asked for but they were refurbished receivers. so i ordered new equipment at a price offered never got the offer previously presented and i now get refurbished receivers i went through 2 supervisors and 6 other reps. They all stated sorry that’s just the luck of the draw and we can't do anything further for your account you can always send the equipment back and kept quoting policy and never once was empathic.

• Co
    ColleenM Apr 11, 2011

Direct Tv has the worst policy for a business I hvae ever seen. I am seven months pregant and being forced to move because they are knocking my house down to build bigger more exspensive homes. I called them to explain I have to cancel service because I am being forced to leave. They could have cared less. They told me about the cancellation fee and all the girl did was annoy me about taking it with me where I move. I explained I am pregnant and have no where to go. SO I have to move to my moms. Still all her concern was about moving with it. What did this girl not understand I am moving into someone elses house and I can not demand them to get my tv service. I had to speak to 3 people whose only concern was making me keep this horrible company and the second one I told about my unforeseen circumstances said"oh well thats why we give you plenty of options to move with it." uncaring, unkind, inconsiderate people!

So I already have a past due bill and the current months and now I will get a final bill and a shut off fee. I am completley overwhelemd! Well I said surely your compnay will work with me and set up some type of payment plan right? NO!! They said they do not have one the full balnace must be paid in 20 days or they will directly take it from my credit card and to make matters worse if they cant get it they send you to collections! What kind of company is this! So I asked let me speak to a supervisor oh what a surprsie no supervisors were available. So I said I want the cooperate office address. She said they dont have one. They think I am a real idiot. SO here I am crying wondering what to do nothing. Oh and I love there hypocritical slogan on the website"When it comes to customer sevice, we wont settle for anything but excellence." What a joke! what a scam company this is forcing people to sign two yr agreements in the first place. I am sorry I was naive and did not read the small print. SO this will cost me close to $500.00 I could use for my baby. I am telling all of my friends and family about this scam and my dad has direct tv and I will make sure he cancels it. Another thing people look at the outrageous prices they charge just for tv! They got to be the most exspensive tv comapny and I dont know what you are paying for! Well I will write to the BBB and to the cooperate office still. I know it will all fall upon deaf ears because this company does not care about anything but the money. :(

• De
    Debra Coleman Apr 08, 2011

Very rude customer service, I recommended a friend and the old home owners did not pay a Direct TV bill. My friends ordered service was canceled because Direct TV representative because they said she was repsonsible for paying a bill from previous homeowners. Never once did they offer for her to provide proof of ownership. They treated her like she was a liar that only wanted to get a bill in someonelses name. I would never recommend them to anyone else again. They provide very poor customer service.

• Bi
    Bill Gunning Apr 04, 2011

Directv just took the entire balence. Even after I asked them not too. I said that I had lost my job but I was willing to settle up my bill in payments. They didn't care and said that it wasn't their problem. So they just took the money. I almost lost the house I was renting because of them. I was with Directv for almost ten years! Customer loyalty means nothing to them.

• Je
    jessie barnes Mar 29, 2011

the offer a price you and then when you sign a contract it never be the same price its away be a differnet price,

• Th
    The trusting fool Mar 29, 2011

Do you Complaints Board.com allow any retailers to advertise on your customer's bulletins? If so why? You do realize that every time those retailers advertise on the customer's bulletins that your website sends out messages to all those customers who had made a complaint on that bulletin and tells us to check this website for new complaints and then we end up seeing advertising about products we don't want to see or hear about which wastes our time. This has been happening to everybody on the DirecTV complains board three times in the last week! If this website continues to allow these advertisers to post their products without being deleted from the complaint boards then I will stop responding to any so-called new complaints on complaints Board.com! Please remove their advertisements from your website and block them from further access, if possible.

ChiTownMaven Mar 23, 2011

Welcome to the world of Directv! Their complete lack of customer service is appalling! Nevermind that you can't understand the CSR due to their unintelligible accents. Nevermind that they argue with you when you tell them how long your call has lasted (my iPhone displays the length of my call right down to the second). Nevermind that one call never resolves your issue. That's all nothing compared to the massive amount of junk mail and telemarketing calls that ensue after you sign up. That's nothing compared to their underhanded sales tactics. They offered me a rebate, but the sales girl only gave me partial instructions to redeem it, thus delaying it. Good thing I was deligent. They also sneak in a paragraph signing you up for a monthly maintenance agreement when you sign the papers the installer shoves in your face to sign before he leaves. At that point, you just want him out, so who would read the fine print? Who would suspect they'd stoop so low as to sneak that in? Well, take it from me, READ it or you'll wind up paying an extra six bucks a month. Hey, Directv, want to capture more market share? Then, offer even halfway decent customer service! And, require that your CSR speak English well enough, so we don't have to ask them to repeat every word ten times!

joe amo Mar 17, 2011

I LOVE BASEBALL & I HAVE GOT MBL FOR THE LAST FOUR YEARS & EVERY YEAR YOU GO UP. WITH THE COST OF LIVING GOING UP ALOT I JUST CAN, T AFFORD GETTING MBL & THAT MAKES ME VERY MAD. IF YOU KEEP GOING UP WITH YOUR PRICES I WILL DROP YOU THERE ARE CHEAPER CO. AROUND. JOE AMOROSO

• Me
    melissa myers-mondschein Mar 14, 2011

did not receive rebate promised to me.Over charged for services and customer service poor.No attempt on Directv's end to fix problem. My service was turned off by directv without notifying me and after making monthly payment. Worst thing I ever did was change my cable from dish to directv..

• Ka
    Karen Jesnowski Mar 09, 2011

Dear Mr. Carey,
    I am writing this on behalf of being a faithful DIRECTV customer for well over 15 years and in 4 states. Right now I reside in TX and I am appalled at how I am being treated. Let alone I am in the country and if the wind blows the wrong way I lose connection. Well I ended up calling to see why this was happening so often and at that time the customer service associate told me I had a free upgrade available for another box, so I said yes, needless to say my contract was well over the 2 year commitment from the time I ordered it from when we moved here. To make a long story short, my husband got laid off, and my hours were cut, so going through our finances we had to make cutbacks, DIRECTV was one of them, we could no longer afford the $98-$100 a month just to watch TV. I called to cancel and explained the situation, and I was told I have to pay an early termination fee!!!
    Well when I signed the contract for the new upgrade box no one mentioned that it was also another 2 year contract, I thought it was just an agreement that I had received the box, had I been told this was another contract I would not have even bothered with the box. I was devistated when they said I had to pay well over $400 in fees, I didn't have the $100 a month to keep it, so where was I to get $400+??? I said I would have to make payments which I have been doing at $25 a month and I am down to $201 now. I have been harrassed by collecters telling me they will ruin my credit if I do not pay more, I cannot pay more. I called DIRECTV and asked them to stop the collections but they won't, there is nothing they can do, they want payment in full. I happened to mention that I was supposed to get $150 gift cards when I originally signed up and never received, all I kept getting on that was the runaround also, "talk to your local installers" and they would say call DIRECTV well that=BS. So it seems that after all my loyalty to DIRECTV I get screwed, NEVER AGAIN! I will never forget DIRECTV and will never refer, if I do I will warn them. Customer loyaty appreciation has become obsolete, what a shame. I thought that expressing my concerns would ease up, but I am just angrier thinking about it.

Sincerely,
    Unsatisfied X-DIRECTV Customer

• Li
    limo2go Mar 08, 2011

Comcast...what a joke! Searching for a signal is usually caused by dish alignment. I've had it happen and they fixed it right away.

• Bl
    Bloosone Mar 05, 2011

My HD receiver keeps searching for signal. After over 2 hours on phone with DirecTV they sent out new receiver. After 4 days of it working same problem again. After my call to DirecTV they now want to charge me $5.99 per month for service protection.

I said OK send out tech response -- someone from upper management needs to talk to me first. I expect a call in 24 to 48 hours.

What terrible service!

After 10 years plus with these jokers, I am going to look at fiber optics or some other provider.

DirecTV is getting just as bad as the cable companies!

• Ti
    Tired n MS Mar 05, 2011

I just got off the phone with a DITECTV customer service rep. I've paid and waited for over a month for an installation service. She was very arrogant and impolite. She refused to give me a number to call to express my displeasure with my treatment. I'm so tired of DIRECTV. I'm changing to cable, but something needs to be done about this service or non-service.

• Li
    linda neely Mar 04, 2011

I got a new tv and my son came to hook it up, he discovered that I don't have Hd, I thought I had it when they hooked up my satalitie, now I"m having to pay for a new box and get a new satalite, they told me I have to pay ten dollars extra a month for HD.I never read the paper work I just assumed I had Hd.when I ordered my service I was told that the Hd is free.I live on a fixed income and I thought I had free Hd.There are four other people on my dish, could you please help me, thanks linda neely

• Gh
    ghost xx Feb 26, 2011

I don't want anyone to get hurt but if the [censor] my credit score, people will pay.

• Ki
    KING COUNTY Feb 23, 2011

Directv Account management: By the comments of customers.
    Customer is in title to good Standard Programing and Best Avail Customer Service from Vendor. Reading all this issues make me understand Customers are speaking back and their unsatisfactory service should be heard. more than just in Forums. I would like to invite you all to post all your comments in Social Media, Due that Business like this Use Social media as Marketing purposes. as well as everyone knows No swearing might help your case towards the company. Funds withhold by this company, should be returned with interest to customers damage in any way. There is steps everyone should take to make sure this Fraud will not continue taking more innocent customers and taking more stress in your life. In each county of every state their help fund against Fraud towards corporations doing business in each state. They have to obey laws and regulations. Contact an attorney or public Official to get more information. Or Email questions to those members can offer help.

Anonymous-23 Feb 23, 2011

Our decision to switch to DirecTV from our local cable company started after a sales spiel given from one of the DirecTV representatives stationed at a local Best Buy store. They claimed that DirecTV broadcasted their channels in 1080p high definition. That was the hook that started the nightmare with DirecTV. My husband somewhat leery to make such a bold decision leaving our cable company for satellite service on the spot left the Best Buy store, but still contemplated the deal that the DirecTV representative gave during her sales pitch for DirecTV.
    A day later he called DirecTV to get more information on special packages and the deals. Well, it already was a different story from what the first representative stated. The second representative stated that the first representative lied about the offers. Listening to this new deal he hung up to speak to me about the new promotion and specials. He called them back shortly after to discuss some of the questions that arose from our conversation together, and now the deal changed again. After a few more back and forth discussions, the deal changing a couple more times, my husband and them came to an agreement and gave them the okay to set up the service. The agreement was that we were going to get a fifth room activated for free, since we were not actually going to keep a box there unless we had company come in, and they were going to give us a credit of hundred and fifty dollars spread out over the months contract. At that time they did require us to pay hundred dollars from our pocket to have a fourth box.
    The service tech (a private contractor) came out when I was home at about two o'clock. Since, the tech was a private contractor he said he is required to charge for the fifth room activation despite the agreement that my husband had with DirecTV. His exact words were that, "they lied to you over in the sales department to get me out here and set this up." We agreed to pay the fifty dollar charge thinking that DirecTV would make it right and somehow give us the money back or credit our account. My husband then again called DirecTV explaining the situation. After several hours of discussing our problem with the customer service department they waived the charge, and the tech was notified by his boss not to except the money. The tech now disgruntled finished the installation and left the house around seven thirty in the evening.
    Despite the installation process we remained optimistic and decided to give them a try knowing that the contract allowed for a grace to get out without penalty or legal obligation. We played with the features that DirecTV service offered and quickly found out the download times for on-demand options were ridiculously long even with our high speed optimized internet connections allowing for fifteen Mbps download speeds. A high definition movie could take upwards of four hours to download fully, and by Googling complains logged by others this was quite good. In my eyes, this is hardly on-demand. Now we would have to plan ahead as to what we were going to watch as opposed to watching "on-demand." Liking the ability to watch a recording from one room, pausing it, and then resuming it in another room we decided to get over the download times understanding that there may be sacrifices to keep features. Moving on, we looked at picture quality. We noticed that the signal was pushing out at 1080i as opposed to 1080p high definition, as discussed with DirecTV, even though our TV accepts 1080p high definition signal. We called them on this, because this is what prompted us to switch in the first place, and the customer service representative explained that they do not broadcast their channels in 1080p high definition, and that the best resolution would be of the 1080i or upscaled 720p unless you download high definition movies. Searching their library all high definition movies cost around a six dollar and ninety-nine cents fee per movie. So, this was another lie that we discovered and know quite well that you can get a cheaper movie rental out from any movie box placed at many local businesses.
    Then we check our account online and once again they quoted us less than what was displayed on our account. Now the total would be more per month for their services than they were with the cable company we wanted to switch from. The representative also set us up for auto withdraw saying that there is a ten dollar per month discount for utilizing this service. We had agreed to this since they said they would draft our account mid month, and it would not conflict with our early-month’s bills. After talking to another representative the account would actually be drafted on the fifth of every month. Why tell us that it would be drafted mid month if that was not the case?
    Realizing that the features were not any better than what the cable company that we were switching from offered we decided to opt out of the contract and go back to cable. The constant changing of stories was enough for us. The reasoning behind or decision was solely based on the fact that after the contract is locked we would be in contract with a company that is unorganized and openly “lies” about their features and packages. They basically misinformed us about every aspect of the service. What concerned us most was that each employee had different stories for their product and bluntly put the reputation down of DirecTV by informing us that the other representative “lied” about what they offered. Why go in to contract with a company that constantly lies to you? Now my husband is trying to get the initial hundred dollars that we paid them back since we are not keeping their service. They say it is non-refundable because it was to purchase the lease agreement for the box. Well, I do not quite understand. We opted out, per their contract print, and do not have a valid contract anymore and we have to return the box, so we do not have a valid lease agreement. The way I see it, we do not have any legal binding contract to justify them keeping the hundred dollars.
    I would not recommend any one to DirecTV basically due to their company structure, nor would I switch back to them if I were paid to switch. Now, I will write an email to the CEO letting him know what is happening within his company. I couldn’t believe that one representative would say another is lying. That truly downgrades a company’s reputation, and it turns out that they all were dishonest.

Steve_in_STL Feb 22, 2011

I just canceled my DirecTV after over four years of service. Why? Prices kept going up and not really happy with what they offered. Local cable offered a better deal. Guess what? DirecTV is still requiring me to return the receivers. I had to buy the boxes (2 HD and 1 DVR), including one HD box a few months after starting service at Best Buy. Even though I've been in my current residence over 3 years with no upgrades, I still have to return the boxes. Even though I never got the promised rebate when I first ordered, I still have to return the boxes. If you are thinking of switching to DirecTV because of the NFL package, it has gone from $219 in 2005 to $300 in 2010. Can you say monopoly? Make sure your congressman can.

• Lu
    luvicentini Feb 21, 2011

Direct Tv has the WORST Customer Service in America!!!
    We have just canceled our Direct Tv Tv/ Internet bundle due to poor customer service. they promised something for us and deliver another one completely different. It all started when the technician told us he wouldn't install the internet portion of the package because it was a Verizon technician that would come and do the job, (we were never told that when closing the package). My wife lost 5 HOURS in the Presidents Day trying to get that information with the Customer Service, which the only thing they did to her was to transfer her to another department over and over again, putting her on hold for 10 to 15 minutes every time. There was a point where me and her were in two separate phones trying to solve the problem with our internet and Tv Subscription that wasn't even on yet.
    Bottom line: if they were treating us like this as new customers and giving us the worst service I ever had from a Company, imagine what would happen if we have decided to go ahead and stay over two years under a contract?
    I am sorry Mr. President, but you need to have a serious talk with your Customer Service Personnel, or its gonna be your name on the line for resignation!!!

• Pa
    Pachelbel812 Feb 20, 2011

There is enough information for all of us to start a class action suit against DTV you know.

• Pa
    Pachelbel812 Feb 20, 2011

Last week in Dec I call cust serv to negociate a new monthly rate. Oper # [protected] promised a new rate of $29.99/month & free showtime. Just received my new bill to find out that I wasn't getting the price that was promised me. Called Cust serv oper 414771 only to find out that the first cust serv person LIED to me. 414771 told me there was nothing I could do. I wanted to cancel because I've been LIED too again, but was told I have a contract for another year at full price. I reduced my service to the cheap package only to find out that 80% of the channels are shopping/food. Nothing to watch. The third cust service guy told me I could email to the office of president...lied to again. Now I see you off a package 150 channels for 29.99 & all the movie channels free. Why can't I just
    have that package for the balance of my year. DTV Cust service LIED to me Miss represented service. My only recourse if you can't help me is to campain against DTV on the internet. What Promise?

• Ti
    Tim Strawsburg Feb 16, 2011

I just became a costomer on Jan7 2011 and have had nothing but problems they have over charged me gave me a package that i did not ask for and shut off one of my boxes in my house.I am just waiting to see whats next i guess i should have not went with Direct TV it has been a big mistake!!!

MANDYVN Feb 15, 2011

Totally agree ...BAD DECEPTIVE BUSINESS!! After 4 years with them I decided to end my service with of course no strings attached, revised my contract, no obligation to stick to them, paid last bill, shipped equipment on time, received last statement showing a $0.00 balance with a $ 2.85 refund. The following month received a hideous billing statement for $ 4.99 according to them a PPV Movie fee for July of the previous year. Called to see if this fee pertained to any unathorized charge, considering the fact every PPV service fee was paid on time..was concern if this was perhaps a replica or an internal SCAMMED DIRECTV HIDDEN fee. Customer service refused to help, got hung up, but then again what can we expect from unproffesional staff whom gets paid a buck or two. If you are deciding to purchase service with them please consider other options, I know this is minimal comparing to other situations, DIRECTV is subsiding with loyal customers for various reasons. Hope everyone resolves their issues. best of luck. UNSATISFIED CUSTOMER FROM LOS ANGELES.

• Ra
    raul parra sr. Feb 13, 2011

i dont have adirectv account i have comcast cable

• Lo
    Lori Leal Feb 11, 2011

2/11/2011 Lori We signed up for directv last year bec. the representative gave us a one year free for showtime and i thought it was a good deal but after 3 months they charged me for suppose to be free for a year so i called to straighten it out, make the story short the person on the other line who is GABE who hanged up on me after i said i want to talk to the supervisor since he cannot answer all my question. And he kept saying "i'm sorry" and i told him we are just going in circles and sorry is not an answer bec. you guys scam and tricked me and to say the least ripping me off. This people should not be allowed to be directv representative, they are incompitent, rude and they don't care about their customers. To think that they won't have a job if it weren't for us. DIRECTV THAT IS NOT THE WAY TO TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS... DOn't use directv they will SCAM you!!!

• Ta
    Tair Feb 11, 2011

I had a nightmarish experience with DTV. When I started the service, first I was not told that there is a service agreement, also I was not told that if I used a debit card one time that without me telling them to use it again next time to be used again. That is excatly what the company did. I signed up and lost my job after about six month of sub standard service I told them to suspend my service for the time being. When my economy improved I called them to reinstate my service, they told me to pay them $100.00 for the service to get started.
    I asked them as to what my next bill is going to be they told me it was $70.00. Then I realised that it was beyond my capacity so I told them to cancel my service. The next day I looked in my account and they had already charged me another $222.00. Knowing fully well
    that the debit card belongs to my company. All efforts to get my company's money bark fell on deaf hears.

• Lr
    lrose Feb 02, 2011

Also, the email address posted is no longer valid. Does anyone know the new CEO's email address? I tried [email protected] but it was sent back too.

• Lr
    lrose Feb 02, 2011

I recently signed up with DirectTV for my house on the 17th of January. It is now Feb. 4th. I was told when I signed up that their were partners that could provide internet as well. I was then told after giving my credit card information and setting up a service date with Century Link (their partner) that they could provide service to me. 24 hours after setting this all up I was then told I could NOT have internet. I called 2 or 3 other of their partners and none of them can provide service. When I called to cancel my plan with DirecTV I was told that I was still in a 2 year contract with DirecTV for cable and it would cost me $460 to get out of my contract. I would have never signed up for service if I had been told DirecTV could not provide me with internet service as well. Even though I was told I could get services and now I am not able to get them I have been told there is no way to get of the contract other than paying the $460.

I feel as if I have been FRAUDED by DirecTv into signing a contract that was given to me under false pretense. The fact that there is no 30 day satisfaction policy is even more outrageous for such a large company.

• Ha
    haraf15 Jan 28, 2011

i was with direct tv over 2 yrs now and it is a( 2yr contract). after i got dishnetwork back direct tv could give me all kinds of discounts then . i told them to take it a shove it. i will never go back to them. and it took them
    2 phone calls to get the boxes to send the equipment back. they gave me a few days to send it back. what a joke of a company. i would advise you to never go to direct tv . i will go to cable before i would ever go back to them.

• Na
    Navy family Jan 24, 2011

Here is our story as sent to Direct tv
    To whom this may concern:

I am writing in regards to the unbelievable way we have been treated by your company! We have had Direct TV since 2002 and currently have four other family members who use your service thanks to us! We have always had full package and sunday ticket! We were preferred customers! So as military, we move to Ridgecrest, CA at which time we got your service. When we finally got in to military housing we moved and for some reason they had both address' in the system, never cancelled out the last address! So when we called for our balance in December they said we had no balance, and apparently the automatic withdraw did not go through our account. This is very rare as you can go through our records and see. We were told our balance was $0. Then in January we called again and again, confusion as to which address we were at! We were then told $300 and we could pay by January 18th! After filing a complaint, magically the dates were shown that we called in December. We have our phone records and email (government email acct) to prove this! Then our service was shut off! So we were told we owed $610 to be paid in full! Now, three weeks later, it's shut off again!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!! We are a military family, my husband is a Chief in the United States Navy and value our integrity and honesty!!! To be called liars, and cheaters and treated like ingrates is a disgrace and a slap in the face after the thousands of dollars we have paid you over the years, ON TIME! Now they have "in the computer" that we were told we owed another $111 by the 22nd of January! I don't care what they typed and put in the computer and the man on the other end of the phone was so rude and you are darn right I was finally put to curse words and very upset! VERY Upset! The "supervisor" I spoke with said he refused to be talked to like that, with curse words, but he had no problem treating me like an ignorant ingrate. I know what I was told, I know how this was not totally our fault as we called twice to get a balance! WE had no problem paying the bill had we gotten a bill, which we have not yet at this address or had we received some kind of notice! We will no longer need your service and our family will be soon to follow! We are also filing this with the military as they also keep track on business conducted as such with the military! We will also be informing our military community here of the risks of having your service and moving as we all do! As a person who has worked with politicians in pubic relations, I am a great judge of character! The men we spoke to should be fired! They probably won't, as "the computer says". It looks like no matter how much Direct tv claims to be better then Dish, I just can't see it getting any worse!

Former Customer
    Veronica McDermott

• Ni
    ninetaileddemonfox Jan 22, 2011

I just download all my shows off the internet or watch them on the internet i have a pc hitched to my 50 inch big screen internets only $30.00 a month lol u should all do this if u can

Mayala Jan 17, 2011

I have a complaint on the type of employees Direct TV has working and driving the service trucks . Everyone counts on these guys to service our homes and have trust in them . When in fact they take no responsibilty in anything they do for Direct TV. I recently had an incident where one of thier drivers, driving their truck at 11:50pm on a Monday night with the alcohol level over 3x the limit crashed directly into my backyard wall and almost killed my dog. Then tried to back up and leave the scene .NOT HAPPENENING. the guy is in jail and I've been tying to contact anyone, including the coorporate office in regarding this incident . The coorporate office told me that they can't do anything because it didn't happen in El segundo and i had to deal with the Direct TV here in my own city, (Palmdale, CA) wich is BULL Sh*T, because theres no one here either. ALL i keep getting is 1-800 #s to call and them offering me DIRECT TV . I have a police report pictures of guy and accident attatched (the guy in his pajamas is the driver) to this complaint and on file of my own . This complaint site is another hope for me to get some kind of response from Direct TV and to let everyone know that DIRECT TV is a company that takes NO responsiblty . All I want is for Chase Carey to know that i want him to take responsibility as CEO and fix the mess your employee did to my house and compensate for the damages i had . I have already spoke w my attorney. I want a response from Chase Carey ASAP. This is no joking matter there could have been other people hurt .

• Mr
    mrs.gemini Jan 12, 2011

I agree with every thing every one has said about DTV. The reps and supervisors are rude and unprofessional they should all be fired... I called to set up service yesterday and they told n=me that b/c my debit card was pre paid they could not use it so I agreed to go the next morning and put it in my actual account and do it that way. Only I found out that DTV had taken the 200.00 dollars off my card anyway w/ out permission of processing my card. I called and said you have my money where is my service? They responded by saying they didn't show any payments taken off my card and that I needed to contact my bank. I did and they faxed a copy of the charge that was made and it went to DTV. After being on the phone speaking with all kinds of rude people from 10a till 4p one rep finally said " OH! this happens a lot what will happen is in 3 days when the automated system realizes that the charge has not ended with service it will automatically refund the money. PISSED! is not the word. How rude and illegal to take someone's money with out their permission and then leave it up to a computer to give me my money bacK. LOL! I would not refer any one to DTV. EVER!

• Pe
    Peter Towle Jan 07, 2011

We pay over $100.00 a month for your service--We always watch Tennessee Basketball Women and Men and Tennessee Football--that's why we bought the sports package--half the time we cannot get the Lady Vols Basketball. We always get it in the 600 chanels. Today it was on 722 and we did not purchase the 700 chanels. When we purchased the 600 sports chanels we expect to get what we pay for. You need to keep the sports programming on those channels. Don't want to go to cable --but will if you don't give us what we pay for. Please respond on what you plan to do. [email protected] and make it soon or we will change over. We are not HAPPY!! Thank you--Peter Towle