Direct TVdirect tv is a thief!

A couple of months ago I called DTV, I was interested in receiving service from them. But I didn't want to be in a contract. The representative told me that direct TV "does not" have contracts. I decided to go ahead an order service from them. A couple of months latter I call and want to get HD programming, they tell me with it'll cost $200.00 and I will be in a binding contract with them for two years. I decline and decide to go with another carrier. When I call to cancel my service with Direct TV, I am told I will be billed an early cancellation fee. I was shocked I was never told I was in a contract. When I was able to get through one of the supervisors I told him I was not aware I was in a contract, I told him that I had asked and I had been told " was not in a contract."

Well the supervisor has the audacity to tell me the representative was right "there is no contract its called an agreement." One by the way that I didn't even know about. No latter was sent out, no email, and no one told me anything. Now two months latter I have been billed $215.00 for unreturned equipment.

I have yet to receive the shipping box. Direct TV is a thief!!!

dick bowman Oct 21, 2009

people need to pull togather and file a class action law suit to STOP direct tv from ripping people off!!!

dick bowman Oct 21, 2009

Please pass this comment on. Thank you

Direct TV Ripped Me OFF Dec 09, 2009

• Wo
    Woodtrnrfh Jan 22, 2010

Direct tv sucks!

• Si
    SICK_TIRED Feb 04, 2010

STRONGLY AGREE.
    DECEIVING PRACTICE, POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.
    TIME TO MOVE ON TO WEB TV OR OVER THE AIR FREE.
    I AM GLAD TO SEE IF SOMEONE COULD SHOOT THE SAT DOWN.

• Or
    OregonCoast Mar 03, 2010

This is 100 % correct. Direct TV are liars and thieves. I signed up for Direct TV in Nov 2008 and had to pay a $200 deposit. Now, after paying on time and in full the last 16 months, the Deposit has changed to a fee. The person I signed up with said over and over that I would get all of the money back through credits on my monthly bills. This was a total lie and the recording will show it. I've filed complaints with the FCC and BBB, but what this company needs is a Class action lawsuit. That is the only way to stop it!!

• Ph
    Phmystic Aug 12, 2011

so lets do it, we need everyone on this site to agree if you want to join in let me know i will start it. I can find a lawyer Im sure there is one out there willing to do this. Im sick of them and there bs, lies, misgivings they are thieves and liars.

• Ph
    Phmystic Aug 12, 2011

[protected]-Consumer Protection Division (michigan) FTC [protected]
    these two numbers are ones everyone on this site need to contact, as far as teh Consumer Protection Division you have to find the num ber for your state. We can make them pay for there unwillingness to work with us and for charging our accounts without being authorized but we need to actually contact these people. I know some have been awhile ago but we still need you to call and complain let them hear your stories eventually it will get on their nerves that so many people are calling and they will do something.