Delta Air Lines — flight diverted and passengers abandoned
The true test of a company is not when things are running smoothly but when unusual situations arise and choices are made to resolve problems. Delta Airlines showed their inability to deal with a difficult situation during a flight from New Orleans to New York on Feb. 24, 2016. Faced with a storm system that was threatening travel in the Northeast corridor, Delta first chose to keep the passengers of flight DL5382 waiting for 4 hours then boarded, took off and subjected those passengers to a turbulent and potentially life threatening ride. The second bad choice was made when the flight was diverted to Harrisburg PA and Delta abandoned the passengers at midnight, in an unfamiliar city with no options but to wait for 1-1/2 hours, then board a bus for a 4 hour ride to La Guardia. This would keep these passengers traveling without food or sleep for 24 hours. Who decided this was a good idea?
My husband and I were passengers on this flight and I must tell you it was the worst travel experience of my life. Once we arrived in Harrisburg, Delta provided no personal representative to assist the passengers but simply made an announcement over the loudspeaker. I felt abandoned and paid the price to put us up in a hotel and take a train the next morning into New York. This trip cost me an additional $456.00, almost the cost of the round trip airfare for two. Delta will claim that they are not at fault because of the weather but they chose to put that plane in the air and subject its customers to a terrifying and uncomfortable travel experience.
More Delta Air Lines Complaints & Reviews
- Delta Airlines - selling companion/buddy passes
- Delta Airlines - con artisit selling delta companion pass
- Delta Airlines - personal items stolen out of luggage
- Delta Air Lines - changing name on skymiles account
- Delta - delta skymiles redemption
- Delta Air Lines - pilot scott w smith
- Delta Airlines - frustration
- Delta Air Lines - do not ever fly delta, stupid at its peak
- Delta Airlines - stolen lost items
- Delta Airlines - customer service! negligence