Having problems with British Airways?

British Airways Customer Service Contacts

1890 626 747 (Ireland)
1866 835 4133 (Mexico)
+44 344 493 0787 (United Kingdom)
+1 800 247 9297 (United States)
+61 130 076 7177 (Australia)
+64 99 669 777 (New Zealand)
+43 179 567 567 (Austria)
+32 27 173 217 (Belgium)
+45 70 128 022 (Denmark)
+49 421 557 5758 (Germany & Rest Of Europe)
+31 203 469 559 (Netherlands)
+351 808 200 125 (Portugal)
+41 448 009 222 (Switzerland)
+852 30 715 083 (Hong Kong)
+63 28 170 361 (Philippines)
+966 920 002 215 (Saudi Arabia)
+65 66 221 747 (Singapore)
+27 103 440 130 (South Africa)
+82 234 833 337 (South Korea)
+54 800 222 0075 (Argentina)
Waterside, PO Box 365
Harmondsworth, Florida
United Kingdom - UB70GB
Germany
Herriotstrasse 1, 60528 Frankfurt, Germany

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with British Airways Customer Service. Initial British Airways complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for British Airways above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about British Airways. Discuss the issues you have had with British Airways and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

British Airways Complaints & Reviews

British AirwaysInordinate delay in granting refund for a cancelled flight

I had purchased a ticket PNR ref N9G7Y6 for my wife, for flight scheduled to depart from Chennai, India (MAA) on 27th Jan 2020 to proceed to Seattle Tacoma Airport USA

The flight from Chennai was cancelled.

I applied for refund on 21st December

The ticket was purchased by me using bank to bank transfer. The account to which the funds were to be sent was given by BA customer care executives and ticket was issued only after receipt of money in BA account

Despite several telephone calls to British Airways customer care as well as requests lodged through BA website. Refund has not been made till date [protected]). Refund not received NEITHER IN my account from which payment was made to BA, NOR in my wife (passenger) ‘s account. BA customer care executive asked me to provide the passenger's (my wife's) account details, which I had also provided

RESOLVED

I had made a mistake in the dates ... while typing. I am resubmitting

British AirwaysRefund for flights cancelled by british airways

Booking Reference RLQQ2G 30/10/2019 Oslo
    British Airways cancelled the tickets and I went onto their site and followed a link saying apply for a refund.
    The link directed me to a voucher scheme.
    I rung BA explaining that the original link was allowing for a full refund and was told there was a glitch on the BA site. I have consistently refused the vouchers and have sent three e - mails to BA asking for a full refund and had no reply's.
    II cancelled the tickets with Barclaycard bac in March and I seen notification on the BA site confirming a full refund.
    I check my Barclaycard this morning and noticed that BA have once again charged me £205.52 for these tickets.
    I would like to lodge a complaint against British Airways and once again request a full refund.

Regards
    RG23 7BJ
    Tell.[protected]

Sep 29, 2020

British Airways — Flight refunds

March 15 - flights were cancelled by BA with request to wait a few weeks to submit a request form. End of...

Aug 05, 2020

British Airways — Payment request via western union

Dear Customer, Your package has arrived in Istanbul, Turkey at exactly 09:07 AM (local time) this morning...

British AirwaysFlights

British Airways is by far the worst in customer service and is doing nothing to help those customers impacted by the Corona Virus. They refuse to offer flight changes to anybody without charging $300 in service fees to change the flight. I am traveling with elderly parents not in the best of health and a small child and the rest of my trip has been cancelled due to this outbreak. They do not care about their clients. Only their bottom line. They are offering $0 change fees currently to keep sales up because of drops caused by the outbreak but do not care about those who already paid who are traveling within that same time period. Their company is a joke and do not care and I encourage everyone to seek flights on any other airline than British airways.

Mar 05, 2020

British Airways — cancellation of reservation and refund

My name is Jean Marc Grosfort I was booked on a return flight from Doha on the 10th of december 2019- flight...

Feb 25, 2020

British Airways — gave us zero customer service

A friend purchased 4 tickets for us to travel to Germany in the summer of 2019 (JE3TJ5).  My husband and I...

British Airwaysluggage extra charge.

Flight number: TXWY6P
        My name: Souad Bejoud

I am writing to you to complain about the booking that I made with you.
        I bought a flight ticket from Istanbul to London with checked luggage included. However when I arrived to Istanbul airport. British airways adviser told me that I have no checked luggage in the system. They made me pay for 2 luggages.
        I Am not happy with what happened in the airport. So I would ask you to get me the full refund for the 2 luggages that British airways made me pay for them. And in my booking ticket it's said. Checked luggage included for both passengers.
        The cost of the luggages was. $200.
        Thank you.

luggage extra charge.

Jul 17, 2019

British Airways — british airways flights. rude, unprofessional ba staff.

So on 31/12/18, I booked a holiday to the Dominican Republic for 27/06/19 - 11/07/19. We were travelling from...

May 27, 2019

British Airways — british airways flight 289 may 14th, 2019

We purchased premium economy which was expensive. The flight home on British Air was worse than standard. We...

Mar 04, 2019

British Airways — terrible service, no phone contact numbers ba lounge, terrible security, wallet stolen as a result

Dear sir, I checked in at business check in for my BA flight to Luxembourg around 1pm Feb 27 terminal 3, I...

British Airwayscabin crew and seat assignment

I was travelling on flight BA1487 Glasgow to London Healthrow. Feb 24. Muslim women occupied three quarters of this flight. It was an extremely large group traveling. They refused to listen to stewards when taxiing to sit down or when asked numerous times how many bags they had with yellow tags they refused to answer - all delaying take off. When landed some said to me that the were just going to climb over my hand luggage (which contained a china Belleek vase) to get to where their cases were. I told them to sit down that the plane was not going anywhere and that the needed to wait. It was causing a major disruption on the plane. They then passed cases over the heads of the other passengers demanding to get to their luggage. The situation in my eyes was dangerous and Terry the Steward did nothing to help. Next there was mechanical issues with the door so we had to wait 20/25 mins on stairs to disembark. I left the plane at 2:45 and my next flight was leaving at 3;30. I was told to run as the gate closed at 3.10 and needed to take a train. Finally as the next flight was slightly late I made it. This was BA269 London to Phoenix. Eleven hours and 20 min flight. My seat did not recline. It had to be done manually by removing the cusion each time by stewardess. If I needed it upright to eat/land etc the had to remove the cusion again. My seat number was 29D. Such an inconvenience to a long flight. My family travel regularly from Phoenix to UK and always British Airways. This was a dreadful experience and I was traveling alone. I was so shaken after the first flight and having no support from steward that Im looking for some sort of refund/compensation.

Feb 21, 2019

British Air Lines — airline tickets

I made reservations in business for two for travel from Chicago to Nairobi for July 25 2019 with British...

Jan 05, 2019

British Airways — registering for seats 24 hours before flight

This evening at 9.05 pm January 5 th I attempted to register seAts on line Our reference with BA is UR4G1X...

British Airwaysvarious complaints

ON Nov 29th, myself and 2 companions went on a trip to South Africa starting at JFK. The first issues arose at JFK when my AA number and one world status was not in the system even though I had added it the website information and confirmed it before leaving. That was thankfully resolved well however the issues with your website cont. on the connecting flight through Heathrow BA 178. One of my traveling companions is allergic to gluten and had requested (also confirmed before the flight) that her meal option was selected. When on the plane she was notified that they did not have anything requested for her. So she was left with eating a fruit cup and water on a 7 hour flight that took off at 8am. When we reached Heathrow and complained so that she could get her gluten free meal for the next flight which was to be 11 and half hours to Cape Town the only thing they did was make sure that on the return flights she had her meals. It wasn't until I intervened that they even thought to give her vouchers to get something at the airport (selections were minimal but at least she would not go 24hrs without eating). BA should have offered this instead of me having to keep asking if their was anything else they could do and on the 3rd try actually come up with something.
            The third issue occurred on flight BA59. The 747 was an older version and my companion sitting next to me did not have her entertainment system working after it was rebooted. There were other seats available that they could have changed her to but all they said was sorry, its an old plane and there is nothing we can do about it. She spent 11 and half hours with a blank screen while everyone around her was watching movies and TV shows.

The fourth issue was when taking a domestic BA flight on Dec. 2 from Cape Town to South Africa. First my companions were not able to check in with me on the priority lane even though they had everywhere else. Then when one of my companions did check in they were asked if they had any medical issues. Having not travelled internationally very often she divulged that information which is private and should never be asked. Even the agent next to her look at her oddly. Once the medical information was divulged the agent acted like she had leprosy or something and would avoid getting close to her at all costs even though what she mentioned was not contagious at all. It made her feel discriminated in so many ways.
            I am a world traveler and have never been asked this or treated with such disrespect. As a One World Emerald member I expected more from BA than the treatment we received. I have flown other partners including AA which is where my status originates from and i have never seen this.

Honestly i expected more from BA and it makes me thing twice about taking a flight operated by you. I hope that this helps mitigate some of the issues we encountered for future passengers.

• Aryan Russ Sep 28, 2019

The complaint regarding the flight along with request on reimbursemnet of the defined sum shall be submitted to the air carrier as follows in minimum:
                - air carrier name, address
                - passenger name address contacts
                - PNR / eticect
                - defined reason of reimbursment
                - the sum of the reimbursement

The air carrier shall reimburse within 10 days, which usually air carriers do not do.
                The rest dispute shall be continue in the court.

British Airwaysbritish airways

Big disgrace this company:

- flight was delayed
              - airplane is completely outdated, poor entertainment service, poor chairs, lack of space
              - food on the flight was horrible
              - ordered and paid extra meal was not on the flight
              - they lost my wallet
              - customer service is very arrogant and unhelpful

By far the worst airline. Even a budget airline do better.

British Airwaysbaggage damage

I flew recently with british airways and my suitcase got damaged so I can't use it again. Ba says it's normaly wear & tear. So avoid them at all costs. They mishandle suitcases and that's normal for them.

With 100+ flights a year I pretty much know what's normal wear and tear and a broken suticase is not. They hide behind their advisor "k2" which probably get a fee for any closed case where nothing is done.

I'm going to take this further and will take legal steps.
                For now: avoid british airways!!!

British Airwaysluggage damage after landing in london

I bought a brand new suitcase for a trip using BA. The suitcase was damaged beyond repair.
                  I was told that I will be provided a suitcase losing 30% depreciation and not necessarily like for like.
                  I am really struggling with this as I plan to travel with BA during my retirement and if this is the case I will actually be out of pocket.
                  I would be most grateful if you confirm this as a fair and justifiable policy when I had genuinely bought a brand new case chosen after months of search to find a case that will serve the purpose. Thank you, Roya Parker

• Complainant20091 Jun 19, 2018

the British Airways carrier does not attend this board .
                      No connection between unspecified sutecase and any carrier is seen fro such story (bag tag, e-ticket, PIR) .

Regards,
                      manager for ICAO/IATA irregulations mattes,
                      e-mail: aryan(at)vivaldi.net, air.irregulations(at)asia.com - for requests for private claims

British Airwaysair ticket I purchased

i purchased a ticket to go to nairobi, kenya, on 22nd june from Dublin by british airways and return on the 6th.the ticket was 602 per person, for three, i have not yet recieved any details of the flight in my email.i purchased it three to four days ago.my names are muusacda adjei .from ireland my email adress [protected]@gmail.com.my date of birth 20 april 1976.my flight is leaving dublin on 22nd at 7.30 to heathrow, and it arrives nairobi 9.00.leaves nairobi 6 july 11.35 and arrives 9.00.

hope to get a reply soon because i am very worried.

British Airways — I was denied boarding

To whom, it may concern, I am writing to explain about my dissatisfaction with the British Airways /Air...