Having problems with Delta Air Lines?

1800 144 917 (Australia)
8800 700 0990 (Russia)
1800 266 0046 (Mexico)
+1 888 750 3284 (USA and Canada)
+44 207 660 0767 (United Kingdom)
+353 16 590 298 (Ireland)
+64 99 772 232 (New Zealand)
+ 32 26 200 183 (Belgium)
+45 82 332 721 (Denmark)
+31 207 219 128 (Netherlands)
+351 213 180 062 (Portugal)
+41 848 000 872 (Switzerland)
+852 800 965 716 (Hong Kong)
+60 322 824 648 (Malaysia)
+63 28 418 800 (Philippines)
+966 114 613 688 (Saudi Arabia)
+65 63 363 371 (Singapore)
+27 114 088 200 (South Africa)
+82 798 651 7538 (South Korea)
+94 112 680 398 (Sri Lanka)
+66 22 535 169 (Thailand)
+84 435 627 330 (Vietnam)
+54 800 666 0133 (Argentina)
Dept. 980, PO Box 20980

Amsterdamseweg 55, 1182 GP Amstelveen, The Netherlands

Singapore & Asian Countries
Singapore Post Centre, P O Box 1088, Singapore 914037

India
Podar House 10, Ground Floor, Marine Drive, Sitaram D Marg, Churchgate, Mumbai  400 020, India

Phillippines
9/F, Athenaeum Building, 160 LP. Leviste Street, Salcedo Village, Makati City, 1227 Philippines

Thailand
4th floor, The Peninsula Plaza, 153 Rajadamri Road, Bangkok 10330

Brazil
Caixa Postal 226, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, CEP.: 20010-974, Brazil

Complaints & Reviews

unaccompanied minor

I had my 13 year old son fly alone on the flight from NY LGA to JAX FL.
My father paid the hundred dollar fee and stayed with him until my son was ready to board. We were so glad that they had such program because it saved me a trip to NY to bring him back.

Here is where the problem started. After waiting for more than 30 minutes after the plane landed.
We found our son wandering around the airport in Jax. when we asked him why, he said no one accompanied him. so when he heard the annoucement (which they were making to let us know they had lost the child) calling for his grandfather (who dropped him off in NY!!), he said he was trying to find his way to the baggage claim. When I went to complain about this situaution the lady there (Ms. Angelica Jacobs) instead of apologizing, started getting angry at us claiming since he was 13 he should have been able to look after himself. on top of that, she claimed it was he's fault cuz it may be he wandered off..It's a small airport, delta only uses about four gates, which are all side by side. The plane he was on only carries about 48 passengers How is it that they couldn't keep track of one child? When we started asking these questions, she told us to call customer care to make a complaint, the number she gave us turned out to be a fax number. It turns out Delat only accepts complaints thru their website. Yes We found ourchild safe, but what if? what if something had happened to him? Isn't this why we pay them extra to have our children looked after? I am so disappointed. I have always flew with delta but this is the last time I used their services.

refund issue

I purchased a ticket for a trip for April 2008. Due to a family emergency I needed to cancel the flight. The...

unaccompanied minors

My two nephews, ages 15 and 11, were flying from Cedar Rapids, IA to Hartford Ct through Cincinnati to visit their aunt (my sister). It was their second year flying Delta on this trip as unaccompanied minors. My family flies Delta exclusively many, many times a year. My sister booked their flight online and somehow a mistake was made and the tickets went through with the kids listed as adults, not unaccompanied minors (here's a tip-- you CANNOT book unaccompanied minors online, though they say you can, agents confirmed this is a LIE. You have to call in, then they charge you more for calling in. SCAM!). When my brother in law went to drop them off and they realized they were minors he had to pay $200-- fine, except that the unaccompanied minor flights on all the other airlines were way cheaper. So, my sister called Delta and received horrible customer service. My sister is attorney-- not someone to mess with. So, she reported them to the BBB and wrote a letter to the company. Whatever, we moved on. Well, after a week vacation my sister (aunt) took the boys to the Hartford airport for their return home and was informed that they couldn't fly because the flight from Cincinnati to Cedar Rapids was the last of the day and unaccompanied minors are not allowed on the last flight of the day. Well, why didn't anyone notice that at the airport in CR? This WAS Delta's fault, unlike the online ticketing which they managed to blame completely on my sister. Well, my sister in Hartford (the boy's aunt) was able to talk the boys onto the flight by switching the older one to adult status and promising that I would be there to get the younger one (I happen to live in Cincinnati). So, I had to drive 45 minutes to the airport and go to the counter and beg my younger nephew's way on the flight. I spoke to a VERY nice young lady and her manager who were able to fix the problem, but not without 1 hour of me waiting, not knowing what would happen. The boy's mother was LIVID, she was considering pressing charges against Delta for custodial interference, which I mentioned at the counter. Well, they finally told me I could go down, meet the boy's incoming flight, then wait with them for their flight to Cedar Rapids. Of course the flight was delayed due to weather problems in Atlanta and the boys and I ended up sitting in the Cincinnati airport for 4 hours, which was ok because I got to hang out with them. However, the problem wasn't over-- I spoke to the agent at the counter where they got off the plane and explained to her that my younger nephew would be going on, and I wanted to make sure his luggage would, too. She said it would. I then told them they needed to make sure their dad was listed as receiving them in Iowa, because with all the changes I was worried that got changed, too. I then repeated this to ANOTHER agent at the next counter. Well, the boys did get to Iowa, eventually, but of course the luggage didn't, and my brother in law wasn't listed to pick them up (yet they let him-- nice, what if there was a custody issue or something? $200 for what? They "watched" an 11 year old on the plane-- I watched him in cincinnati, I put him on the plane). In the end, the boy's luggage made it. However, the amount of money we are out for gas, parking, food, unaccompanied fee, long distance calls between all of us, etc is gone. I would recommend that Delta really look at this policy and the safety issues involved. I would also recommend that if you have unaccompanied minors you look for another airline for the kid's safety and your mental well being.

unaccompanied minor fee

In July '08 I booked a flight for my 12 year old nephew. I told the agent several times that he was only twelve years old and that he was travelling alone. I was never told that there would be a $100 fee each way until two days before the flight when we rechecked the reservations. Maybe, just maybe if the call centres were still in the U. S. and you could understand each other this might be avoided. Maybe everyone should just demand to be transferred to a call centre in the continental U. S. whenever we encounter foreign call centres.

not notified of unaccompanied minor fee until gate

I was not aware of the $100 EACH WAY surcharge until getting to the ticket counter (after the round trip ticket was paid in full). I wrote a complaint to Delta who's boilerplate response was that it was standard operating policy to decline waiver of this fee. Although I informed Delta at time of purchase of the minor and they took down all contact information about who would meet her at the destination airport, no mention was ever made of an additional charge upping the ticket price by over 60%. I had checked on a ticket by American who mentioned this fee and I chose Delta because there was no mention of this fee when booking the ticket. Why wouldn't they add this charge when I paid all the other charges with the ticket purchase? Nothing on the itinerary even mentioned this charge. Delta took no responsibility for their poor communication and SOPs. I will always look to alternative airlines and not fly Delta in my future travels.

John Rice Jul 08, 2008

I just had a similar experience with Delta. I called customer service and while the supervisor admitted that they don't make it clear at the time of purchase, they will not refund or waive the fee. BTW, Southwest does not charge a fee for unaccompanied minors (I flew my daughter on SW last week).

• Ze
    zen Jul 13, 2008

JUST had a horrible experience with Dealta with my daughter flying alone for the first time at 13. Due to storms her flight was diverted to another airport. My SIL and BIL purchased her tickets for the visit, and had paid an extra 100 dollars (as you mentioned, for a chaperon. What a ridiculous rip off that was. No one was directly assigned to her.

Everything went crazy because the flight was diverted due to weather, causing her to land at a different airport, and sit on the plane for hours. Then they did get her to her original airport but of course her connecting flight was gone. NO ONE was with her, or checking on her the whole layover, which lasted about 3 hours. She was in a room where there was a Dealta employee, but they were not directly responsible for her, and the room was full of other unaccompanied minors, all goofing off and no one supervising.

A Delta rep finally talked to my husband (after him making my daughter demand someone talk to him from the airline.) They said that my daughter would be on a 7 pm flight, then when she was in line to board a DIFFERENT Delta rep told her that she needed to get out of the line because she was not on that flight. Panicked because everyone who had been waiting with her was boarding, she called my husband again, and he told her to approach the woman who took her out of the line and hand her the phone. The woman refused to talk to my husband, then ended up cussing at my daughter to get "your ### from behind my gate." My husband told my daughter to walk up to the woman and read him her name tag so he could call her supervisor.Amazingly, as soon as the woman heard my daughter say "Cynthia E" into the phone, she asked to speak to my husband. During this whole experience, not once did a Delta rep tell my daughter their name, or that they were even from delta, just asked her name and demanded she come with them. Is this what you pay the hundred dollars for????? After training your kid to never go with an adult they don't know, and never believe that they are a professional/employee to be trusted unless they have identification. We are writing all this to Delta, but wanted to share as my google brought me to your post.

unauthorized charges

We bought airline tickets on 2/22/08 for San Juan Puerto Rico for 5/3/08 to 5/10/08. We flew us air to San Juan and flew delta on our way back. We were charged for 2extra bags by delta on our way back even though we bought the tickets before the rule change on 2/26/08. The delta person was rude and did not care that we had flown down before the change took effect and that the tickets were bought prior to the change being enacted as they were bought on 2/22/08.

highest fare guarantee

Delta.com has a best fare guarantee where they claim they guarantee that they provide the best fare. If the customer finds a better fare for the exact same itinerary, the exact same fare class at a different website and submits a claim form before the midnight of the day that the ticket is purchased, they claim to refund the difference plus issue a $100 credit towards future flights. On May 4th at 10:38 pm I purchased a ticket for $569.50. After reading the best fare guarantee I performed a fare search and found out that cheaptickets.com had the exact same itinerary for $433.47. I submitted the claim form on Delta's website within 20-30 minutes of purchasing my ticket. Delta has responded via e-mail to this claim form a day later saying that my claim was not submitted until 8:49 am in the morning on May 5th, therefore does not qualify. There is no way for me to prove that I submitted the claim form on-time. I asked them to query my ip address or check their systems one more time but I was denied. They don't even provide a phone number to reach them and discuss the issue. Delta's best fare guarantee is nothing but a scam.

• De
    Delta Victim Feb 12, 2010

Totally agreed. Not only you need to show you bought the ticket the same day but they actually required you to have show them the stupid "Class Code" which is impossible to find it at any other website other than Delta.com. I am very disappointed and waste of my time to deal with this Delta SCAM! If you won't honor it, keep it in your pant! Damn it!

bad experience

I recently flew Delta airlines from New York to Las Vegas. The plane had a video entertainment system with a touch screen menu. At first I thought it would be great to have this on a long flight.

Playing the games requires tapping on the screen. The problem is that the screen is the back of your seat. Mine in this case.

I endured hours of the man behind me banging on the back of my seat before asking him very politely to stop. He refused and the flight attendant said the man has the right to play and there was nothing he could do.

• Valerie Oct 10, 2008

We have been loyal customers of Delta for many, many years and several times in the past used their skymiles program to take trips. We have found in the past the airline to be responsive and the customer service representatives to be helpful. However that does not appear to be the case any longer. I wanted to put out a warning to anyone who might be considering flying Delta or using their credit cards for the frequent flyer miles. Their customer service, along with their other services, has been rapidly declining. Our recent experience with several customer service representatives and the Delta website left us frustrated, angry and flightless.

My daughter has been working hard for years to graduate from high school with a college associates degree, several scholarships and as a member of the top ballroom dance team in the US. Needless to say this doesn't give her a lot of time to relax. As proud parents, and in appreciation for the scholarships she earned, we are using her graduation, not to mention the money we will be saving on tuition, as an excuse to start planning a big graduation trip. We love to travel and will use any excuse we can find and giving her some time to relax after years of hard work seemed like a good excuse to me.

We have saved Delta frequent flyer miles for years, flying with Delta and using their frequent flyer credit card faithfully to save miles in anticipation of a big trip. We have used these miles in the past and while it took some work and compromise to get flights, we found the customer service people were very helpful and we ended up getting flights that worked for us. We expected to have the same experience this time and had no trepidation about getting flights as we were starting our search many months ahead of time.

The first step to get these (not anywhere near) free flights was transferring miles from various accounts (mine, brothers) into my husbands account to have enough miles in the same account for the international flights we wanted. Now 1 cent per mile, plus a $30 fee doesn't seem like that much when you read it, but it sure adds up. To transfer 30, 000 miles that ends up being $330. Of course you can only transfer 30, 000 miles at a time so there are more fees if you transfer more. Fortunately for us we didn't need to transfer more than 30, 000 from any one account, but we still ended up paying around $760 for the transfers. We thought in the end it would be worth it considering the costs of international flights and the fact that we need 3 tickets. Of course if you get international flights with frequent flyer miles it will cost you around $200 in additional fees to reserve the flights, so the costs would end up being around $1360. Pretty good for 3 international tickets, though we have to do a lot of work and not get our first, second, tenth, twelfth choice of times and places to fly, but certainly not “free” and certainly not a good deal if you can't get any flights.

Now all the miles are in the right place it's time to start to try to reserve our flights. The website is, to put it simply, terrible. I'm fairly savvy at working around these difficult websites having reserved many flights before. However I found this one beyond frustrating and was unable to reserve a flight. The calendar changed constantly (even between steps of a single session) I later learned from the developer's blog that it was essentially because it was too computer intensive to show all of the flights on the calendar. Their technical workaround? Essentially to show random (and apparently also some nonexistent and/or fully booked) flights, since they couldn't show them all. When I managed to wrestle a flight I wanted into existence, I would invariably get 'There is a problem' or 'please try your request again' or “this flight was just fully booked” when I tried to book them. This same thing would happen again, and again, and again.

After several days of trying to work with the website I had some time so I called the number provided, figuring I'd go ahead and spend the extra money and see if they could help me. After all they had been helpful before when I was trying to reserve flights. I was on hold until, as the sun was sinking in the sky, I had to hang up. 2 days later after unsuccessfully trying to use the website again, I called and waited on hold again until finally I got a live, though snippy, person. I was told that I couldn't make reservations because it was my husbands account. Ok, that's understandable. I'll keep trying to use the website, I thought, and if I can't get a reservation my husband can call when he has timel.

My husband called 2 nights later. By now I had been trying to reserve flights for around 2 weeks with no success, mainly because of the website who's programmers appear to be as competent as our current crop of politicians. My husband put the phone on speaker during the interminable wait on hold, so I heard the whole conversation. It went something like this:

Husband: I'd like to reserve an international flight with my frequent flyer miles, we need to have skysaver flights as we don't have enough miles...

CSR (interrupting): What cities?

Husband: Ideally we'd like to fly from ___ to ____ around May 25th, returning around June 10th, but we are flexible.

CSR: I'm only showing Skychoice (expensive in miles) flights for those cities around that date

Husband: We have found another flight that would work, but we've been unable to get it reserved online. Your website seems to be having some problems. Are you able reserve these other flights for us?

CSR: I CAN'T DO ANYTHING FOR YOU THAT YOU CAN'T DO ON THE WEBSITE. I HAVE THE SAME INFORMATION YOU SEE THERE. YOUR FLIGHTS ARE FAR ENOUGH IN THE FUTURE THAT IF YOU WAIT AND KEEP CHECKING BETTER FLIGHTS FOR YOU WILL LIKELY BECOME AVAILABLE.

Husband: so you recommend we wait?

CSR: yes sir, your flights are far enough out that I recommend you wait and keep checking on the website to get the flights you want.

Husband: but we are having trouble with the website. It won't let us reserve the flights that we want. We're found flights to ------- instead of ------- that we'd be ok with but we can't seem to reserve them online.

CSR: sir, I can't do anything for you that you can't do yourself on the website, and really your flights are far enough out there is no hurry.

Husband: so I should keep checking and trying to reserve on the online?

CSR: Yes sir

Upshot of the conversation : Your call is important to us, please don't bother calling again. We don't have the time, energy, desire or ability to help you.

I kept trying online for flights. There are 3 airports we are willing to fly out of and 10 we are willing to fly into and our range is about 5 days on either end and still it's difficult to find flights and when I do find flights that we could work with the website continues to tell me it's having problems, try again. It gives the number to call, but we've been told that will not do us any good, as well as costing more, so we don't call. Many flights suddenly start being “just fully booked” when I want them, interestingly on different days, different places, different times and all “just fully booked” within minutes of each other, as well as the same old “We are having a problem ”.

A fews days later when I hop on the site for my daily try at getting flights low and behold the cost of the least mileage flights in miles has gone up ...10, 000 miles Per Person !!! That's 30, 000 miles that we don't have. ARGH...I'm so frustrated. Why didn't the CSR warn us that prices on all flights were going up? Instead he encouraged us to wait. This is what we get for following delta's advice and being patient with them. I start to wonder if the CSRs were coached to have people put off booking their flights until the price raise was in place and this is why the CSR was so unhelpful. That seems like a definite possibility. I wonder a little too about the website not allowing me to book for weeks prior to the price raise, but I don't want to get too conspiratorial.

My husband is home so we call customer service, on speaker phone, to talk to one unhelpful and uncompassionate CSR and are passed on to her equally unhelpful and uncaring supervisor. We are told that A) they aren't responsible if their website doesn't work B) they aren't responsible for what their customer service people say and C) This is the first complaint they have ever gotten about their website. Well that last is a demonstrable falsehood...or in other words a lie...see http://blog.delta.com/2008/07/31/the-award-ticket-calendar/#comments for just one source of complaints. It's not hard to find others if you look around online a bit. She tells us we should have continued to call instead of trying to use the website and that they did not force us to not call. Well maybe we should have, but it didn't help the times we did call and we were told, by a Delta representative, that it would be a pointless waste of our time to call. We were also told, by a Delta representative that there was no hurry to reserve. If they aren't responsible for their website or their customer service, just what are they responsible for? Hopefully at least for their airplane maintenance. We got no apology or helpful suggestion from these people. Not one scintilla of compassion for our situation, just rudeness. The CSR manager said that she didn't know what the other CSR had told us, in other words she thought we were lying. I offered to give her the CSRs name and the time we called so they could see if they have a recording or at least talk to him, but she wasn't interested in actually finding out what he had said, just in accusing us of not being truthful.

To summarize Delta appears to have, at the least a website run by incompetent programmers that they do not take any responsibility for. They have CSRs who are not their responsibility either and are not only unhelpful, but flat out liars. It appears to me they had been told to encourage people to put off reserving frequent flyer mile flights until Delta could get their new mileage requirements in place. At worst they even sabotaged their own website so that people would not be able to reserve flights before the rate change. No way we can get 30, 000 more skymiles in time to get any flights no matter how flexible we are or what difficulties we are willing to go through to get them. Looks like, thanks to Delta's great customer service and concern for their customers, my daughter won't be getting her trip after all.

• Ta
    tammy Feb 19, 2009

i was on flight dl5579 feb, 17 2009 the sterist was a smart ### to a 69 year old man that could, nt hear good !they was serving drinks and snacks she was at his seat so he thought he was next, so he asked for water she said i, am not to you yet, she waited on more people still the cart was beside of the old man, he ask again for water, her remark was there is other people on here beside you, i, ll get to you later . she was right beside of him and he asked what, so she repeated it again! WAY COULD, NT SHE GIVE THE OLD MAN A DRINK OF WATER ??? SHE DID, NT HAVE TO MOVE ANYWHERE, SHE WAS AT HIS SEAT!!!

• St
    StephenD Apr 17, 2009

Oh yes, I know what you mean...it's the same on Air Canada. These in-seat systems are the worst "innovation" ever thought up by the people who never fly economy. Ever flown with a child in the seat behind? Yikes. As long as they're annoying the passenger in front, mom and dad can ignore them.

The screens work by being TOUCHED LIGHTLY, not by tapping, or pushing the icons as if they were buttons. Can't the airlines explain this clearly? Couldn't there be an on-screen notification on how to work the screen without annoying the person in front? Or more sensibly, why are the systems not controlled by hand-held or arm-rest devices?

Ask the dolt (politely) behind you to stop and you risk having their selfish behaviour escalate, ask a flight attendant to intervene and you are branded the trouble maker.

One more thing that makes flying today a complete nightmare.

SamK58 Nov 10, 2009

I wrote a complaint to Delta about their flight 72 from New York JFK to Istanbul on September 11, 2009, stating that the couch cabin was about 100 degrees for about an hour before letting us get off the plane. Then they put us in a bus that turned the air conditioner off for about 30 minutes until we complained about the rising temperature and very unsanitary environment. They finally turned the air conditioning on. We were boarded on another plane, took off with a crowd of passengers that had been overheated and the cabin smelled bad. Basically 11 hours of gross discomfort.

The reply to my complaint was they do everything for the safety of passengers. It seemed they just ignored the gist of my complaint and just responded with a standard answer. I wonder if anyone pursued my complaint in any way?

Unfortunately I have to fly for my profession and Delta is pretty much the only game in town where I live.

I wonder if consumers can do anything to try to improve the quality of air transportation? Arriving there is obviously important, but the process should not be bad experience that lingers forever in one's mind.

• St
    Stewart Jun 03, 2016

A elderly friend of mine needed to get to Washington DC to see her brother for a medical emergency. She went on line to reserve her ticket with Air Tran. She went to the airport to board and found out that it takes 24 hours to confirm her seat. It takes three days to get your money back.

She called me in a panic. She needed to get to Washington DC to see her brother who had a 50 50 chance of survival and she didn't have any money. I told her to go to the airport and let me give my credit card number to the agent. She got to Delta's ticket line and the agent would not speak to me, I asked to speak to her manager and she told me NO! I told my friend to let her know it was an emergency and she told my friend to step aside so she could help other customers. I called the Delta Skymile line and I was disconnected because I did not know my pin. I called back and shouted a curse word and got straight to an agent. I posted my complaint on Delta's website and there response was "Thank you please mail your comments to this address..."

• Re
    Really? Jun 03, 2016

Is this supposed to be useful information for anyone?

delta bumps your bags

Be careful if you fly on Delta because if the plane is too heavy, the people who checked in first will have their bags left behind. We came early, had only one light bag each and had a simple flight for JFK to ATL. However, while people with giant boxes made of duct tape that were probably 75 lbs were walking off with their needless luggage, our clothes were left at JFK.

After waiting at the carousel for a long time (the bags did not come out for 30 minutes, then it took 15 minutes for the process to complete minus our bags...) we went to baggage claims along with about 5 other people. The rude and unapologetic woman in there tells me matter of fact like I should have known better that my bags were being loaded on the next flight! umm well I thought bags are supposed to come on your flight! Plus if they knew that this was the case, they should have sent someone over to tell the people there so I would not have to make my driver wait 45 minutes!

So I was told that we would have our bags delivered to our hotel later that night... Ok no harm. Well needless to say it is the next morning and I am still wearing the clothes from yesterday and my fiancée had to go to a meeting in the same state. We arrived late on a Sunday so it was not possible to buy clothes and we were told we would have our luggage last night.

This is unacceptable as Delta should have did anything possible to have our bags here last night as they are the ones that left our bags behind purposely because they overbook flights.

• 58
    583586 Oct 26, 2010

Very Untrue. In fact, [censor], the first bags to go are the ones that you [censor]s pack up to 100+lbs. i mean who needs more than 50lbs of pure CRAP?! if the plane is overweight what do you expect? for the airline to pull everyones bag off except yours? actually they should do that, pull everyone off the plane as well, delta airlines should SOLEY CATER TO YOUR NEEDS AND WANTS AND NO ONE ELSE'S.

unethical business practices!

I haven't flown Delta years and now I regret coming back to Delta. My flight to Palm Beach, Florida from Phoenix, AZ was delayed 5 hours in Atlanta because the planes landing gear 'locked' light was not functional. This was flight #1412 on Tue Jan 29. They attempted to repair it and have us in the air in no time, which turned into a full blown repair, which turned into unrepairable and put us on the next flight out. I lost 5 hours, but these things happen. A week later, I arrive at PBI airport, board my flight back to Phoenix. This is flight 1578 on Mon Feb 4 scheduled to leave at 7pm. They hold the plane on the ground for 40 minutes, filling up the empty seats with passengers from a canceled flight to LGA. Now, my connecting flight to Phoenix is at 9:30, flight 1605 Gate E06, and we land and I rush off the plane and race to my gate only to discover the gate has been changed and is now A19, so I rush to that gate, I see the plane is still on the ground, I present my ticket, I am out of breath, my arms and legs hurt from hauling my luggage for a half mile across the atlanta airport and they tell me the plane door is closed and I cannot board. In the mean time, the new yorkers, who my plane was delayed for, have a flight leaving at 9:40 at the gate right next door to where we arrived. They all make their connection. I was told to go to the ticket counter to get a ticket to the next flight out of Phoenix, which I am told is 12 hours away.

This is unacceptable as I have a dentist appointment that I will be billed for if I do not appear. I am given a discount coupon to stay at a local hotel. I am not prepared to stay over night. I am a businessman and I have work to get done and now Delta is stealing 12 more hours of my time on top of the five they already took without my permission.

Delta could have held the connecting flight to phoenix for five minutes, just as they held my initial flight for the passengers of the canceled Delta flight to LGA. Clearly this is discrimination. Those on the canceled flight were given preferential treatment and caused an artificial delay created by Delta which has turned my schedule upside down and is costing me more than you can imagine! The lady 'Nicole', a large black woman, started to tell me my flight was delayed due to weather. I explained to her the flight was held so Delta could fill all the seats with passengers from the canceled flight and the weather was fine. She says Delta never holds flights for other passengers. I explained I was on the plane and I saw beautiful weather and saw passengers board after the doors of the plane were scheduled to be closed for a full forty minutes. She continued to provoke me and suggest I write in if I don't like and insisted weather was the cause of the delay. I asked for a supervisor immediately. Eventually I was given a complimentary hotel room, but I am still not in Phoenix. I can understand a delay of a couple hours once in a while, but this has effected me on each leg of my trip coming and going. How will Delta reimburse me for the 17 hours I have now wasted because Delta did not keep their commitment with me? I am requesting reimbursement also for my missed appointment, which was scheduled a FULL DAY after I was to arrive in Phoenix.

They replied:

Thank you for your e-mail describing the problem you experienced. Your time is valuable, and operating on schedule is equally important to us. However, in the process of operating scheduled service over many different routes each day, occasional mechanical malfunctions, adverse weather, and other interruptions to routine performance plans are unavoidable. These are situations faced by all airlines and no air carrier can guarantee that all flights will depart or arrive on schedule. Nevertheless, we are sorry you were inconvenienced.

We regret we did not meet your expectations on this occasion, and I can understand your frustration and disappointment. However, we hope you will understand that we do not reimburse the expenses you requested and must respectfully decline your request.

Please accept our apology for the unfavorable impression you received in this instance. We appreciate your selection of Delta and will always consider it a privilege to be of service.
Daniel Tancak

Then I replied:

I find your response unacceptable and will be sharing this story with the listeners of my radio talk show each weekday throughout the rest of this month. I'll be sure that all of our nationwide and worldwide listeners know that it took Delta 33 hours to get me from Phoenix to Palm Beach and did not offer an explanation as to why new york passengers were given preferential treatment that caused an excessive delay.

Please cancel my Sky Miles account immediately, as I will never fly Delta again. I am also going to share this story everyday this month on my nationwide radio broadcast so my listeners can decide for themselves if they want to risk repeating my experience should they choose to fly Delta.

Please forward this message on to your superiors and I will forward it on to your PR company personally.

Delta Air Lines Corporate Communications
Richard H Anderson, Chief Executive Officer
Kent Landers
Director External Communications (US)
Betsy Talton
Senior Manager Regional Media Relations
Katie Connell
Senior Manager Lifestyle/Leisure Media Relations

And they replied:

We are very concerned about the unfortunate situation you described. Flying with Delta should be enjoyable, and I am sorry for any role we may have played which caused your travel experience to be otherwise. The inconvenience you experienced does not support our goal of providing a high level of service and value to our customers. Customer service is very important to us, and we are working hard to transform our company.

According to the rules of the program, the credit earned in your SkyMiles account will remain active until December 31, 2010. SkyMiles will not expire as long as there is qualifying activity at least once every two years. Within two years of inactivity with a zero balance the account will be closed.

We value the relationship you have with Delta Air Lines and would be delighted to have another chance to restore your trust and confidence in our service.
Loren Byers

And I replied:

Please be aware that I am reporting this abusive cancellation and delay of planes to the FAA. The four flights I booked were all about half-full.

But after Delta manipulated the planes, 3 of the 4 planes were packed without a single seat. The financial reasons for this are obvious, but on the 3rd flight, it was reported in the Delta computer system that the flight was delayed due to weather, rather then the truth that the flight was delayed to make room for other passengers. That delayed the plane by more than 40 minutes and resulted with me arguing with a Delta Customer Service rep named Nicole who insisted the flight was delayed due to weather because that’s what her computer said. When I corrected her why the flight was delayed, her response was "I'm just telling you what my computer says." And my response was "I'm just telling you the real reason" and her response was "Well, that's my computer says" and my response was "well, I was actually on the plane and I know exactly why it was delayed" at which point another customer service rep offered to step in and Nicole said to her, "Oh no, I got this one." As if I was challenging her to fisticuffs! I asked to speak with a supervisor before the computer system mis-information was recognized.

Clearly the FAA has rules about this and I am going to do my best to ensure these questionable business practices of canceling and delaying fights by 12 hours just to fill a plane to capacity at the inconvenience of the passengers are brought to the attention of the FAA and my entire listening audience. I have a canceled dental appointment and an extra day of covered parking and a full day of lost work, all resulting from this artificially created delay practiced by your company to fill planes to capacity. I know Delta will never do this to me again, because I will never fly Delta again. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I look forward to your next boilerplate reply.

Final response from Delta:

Thank you for your most recent e-mail. We regret your continued displeasure with our previous "boilerplate" responses.
However, we appreciate your feedback and encourage you to forward any additional comments to our corporate offices at the address below:

Delta Air Lines
Customer Care
P.O. Box 20980
Atlanta, GA [protected]
Thank you for the opportunity to give this matter our final review. Any additional correspondence via e-mail will be kept on file.

Joy Blessing

• Ti
    Tim p Feb 13, 2008

Dude, things happen to airplanes that may cause delays. I think it is better for a flight to be delayed than to takeoff with something that can cause a problem in the air. There are a lot more resources available to the flight crew on the ground than there are in the air, so I say, take the time you need to fix the problems so that my flight will be safe and that there will be no problems.

Also, flights are just not delayed due to weather at the departure airport, but the weather at the arrival airport or the weather encountered in flight can all cause delays. I've been on flights were the weather was beautiful where we departed and where we arrived, but the weather encountered enroute was terrible. There were thunderstorms along the route, which ended up causing departure delays. So for all you know, the weather could have been the cause of the delay.

Airlines establish their own policies about when to shut the gate door to not allow anymore passengers on the flight. If you don't make it on time, then just accept it and just take the next available flight. As for the passengers allowed to board after the scheduled departure time, if the plane is delayed due to weather or whatever reason, and the gate is not needed right away, then Delta should be able to accommodate those passengers. The airline is in it to make money, and therefore a full plane makes more money than a half-full one. Why send out two planes, each half-full, to the same place and pay all the costs twice -- fuel, operating costs, flight crew, flight attendants, landing fees, etc?

The purpose of the FAA is to ensure safety and promote the aviation industry. While they do make the rules and regulations that everyone in the aviation industry must abide by, it is basically up the the individual airlines to make their own policies concerning gate procedures, delays, and the number of airplanes/routes to use.

Like I said, there are many things that may cause a flight to be delayed or even canceled. It is a risk you are taking every time you board a flight. Not everything is going to work out for you every time in your life. Just accept it and get over it.

Delta seems like they handled your situation perfectly. There was nothing the lady at the gate at a different airport knew about your flight other than what she was told. You could have handled yourself in a much better manner than get in an arguing war. Also, companies don't respond well to threats, and sometimes it is better to lose that customer than to have to worry about possibly dealing with them in the future.

It seems that Delta would probably be happier not having you as a customer if all you are going to do is complain.

baggage service is bad!

I traveled in Delta Airlines from Columbus to NewYork, then was to travel from NewYork to Mumbai to Bangalore, India in Air India and my luggage remained in Columbus while I reached Bangalore. It has been more than 48 hours and one of my luggage that was last traced to be in Paris cannot be traced and the other is in the same condition. I am really disappointed with the Baggage service provided by Delta. This is not just me, two of my colleagues experienced the same and the bags were returned to them, they found a lot of expensive things missing in the baggage. Who is to be blamed for this...

complete lack of service now

Dear Family and Friends:

We have ridden Delta almost exclusively, and since we get Sky Miles and Double the miles with AMEX. we use them almost exclusively, but Delta has GONE, REALLY GONE DOWN HILL. I started flying Delta in 1965 when it was the premium Air Line in the world, to now, the one who is recording the most off time late, the worst at loosing luggage, and the most senseless costumer services agent. (This is what sunk the old Eastern Airlines) I use to live in Atlanta and remember the decline and fall of Eastern, and the excellence and rise of Delta. I am now watching the disintegration of an ONE TIME EXCELLENT AIRLINE.
We have flown 8 legs (maybe more) from Tampa to New York, to Kiev, from Kiev to NY. (five hour wait in JFK sitting on the plane, waiting on to go to Atlanta, then to Tulsa. From Tulsa to Atlanta,to NY Kiev. Then from Tampa to Atlanta, to New York to Kiev. And this fall, from Kiev to NY and to Atlanta (missed the only flight to Tulsa for the night, so I stayed all night and went from Tulsa on to and to Charlotte, to Houston, to Cincinnati to Tampa.
From Tampa to New York, diverted to Philadelphia, and three hours late to New York (the worst flight of a lifetime) 20 hours later, because a lie told in hotel reservations, we walked the streets of NY until tired and went back to the JFK.
We waited in line for 2 10 minutes to talk to a Delta agent, when we got there every international flight of the day was gone. We finally got re booked at 5:40 PM the next (Saturday) afternoon. So we ask Delta for help in getting a room. (They would not help because it was weather related and not their fault. At 12:30 AM we finally got a reservation agent with Best Western Inns that there was one room available for $495.00 a night but with a senior discount it would be less but he did not know how much less. He took our credit card number and we were thrilled. We took a New York taxi to downtown Manhattan at 1:00 AM. When we got to the Presidential Hotel by Best Western, our name was not there, and the hotel had NO ROOMS. IN ALL OF MANHATTAN, QUEENS, BROOKLYN OR JAMAICA THERE ARE NO ROOMS, AT ANY PRICE. So at 2:00 AM we are walking the streets of NY with a rolling carry on, and trombone. Get the picture. We have not eaten all day, so we stop in a little dinner on 48Th street, and do get a GREAT HAMBURGER AND FRIES. They were devoured. Now we are on the streets again flagging a taxi back to the airport.
I can tell you that Delta is not open all night. At 3:00 AM we went back to the airport. Terminal 1 is closed, terminal 2/3 is closed, terminal 3 (International flights) is closed, on 4 has an eating court, and all night is filled with wondering, weary passengers. We try to get to the Crown Room, Business Elite Lounge for frequent travelers. It opens at 5:00 AM but at 4:00 AM we found that we could not get a pass to clear security until 6 hours before the flight. What do we do from 4:00 AM till 11:00 AM to get a security pass to get to the Crown Room. THERE ARE NO CHAIRS. all terminals are being cleaned with floors being waxed, there is no place to sit, not in baggage claim. Finally, in one last desperate try, a young black agent, who could have lost his job, got for me and Dorothy a security pass, so we could get to the Crown Room. Not being a member, I had to pay of course, but they had food, comfortable chairs, a shower(with all the supplies needed). We re booked our flight to Paris and from Paris to Kiev. We sat all day in JFK Crown room with only cat naps, no sleep. At the Delta desk in the Crown room they assured me that my luggage was on this plane to DeGaulle in Paris. When the plan was two hours later taking off, we were late arriving in Charles DeGaulle airport, only to find that I am now with out a phone. (for the second time in a year, I lost my cell phone) When we did get to Kiev, 4 hours late, there WAS NO LUGGAGE AT ALL. It was 48 hours before we got home and a couple of hours to freshen up for bed. (50) hours!!! and EVERY FLIGHT ON DELTA, WITHOUT EXCEPTION WAS LATE, and the person ell, except for two, did not know what they were doing, or obstinate, or UNCONCERNED. Pilots LIE when there are problems. For instance, we will be ready to move in 1 minute just as our new paperwork arrives. O sorry, there is no traffic behind us. O we have a mechanical problem and will have to return to the gate, "It should take no longer than 14 minutes." Two hours later a tech shows up with a screwdriver and they actually announce they cannot find the hole to let the air in to begin the engine. After a hour and half wait, we fly on but are LATE. We were late taking off and landing 99% of the time. Then with the loss of my cell phone (with it and my email, they are my life for the UKRAINIAN HOPE MISSION) The loss of a cell phone is monumental.
I logged a complaint after the Tampa to Charlotte feisaco, and they answered me back with a $50 voucher to redeem. I guess that is $1.00 for each of the years I missed at my 50th class reunion. Believe it or not, we ARE STILL FLYING WITH DELTA because we have so much invested. Over 100,000 miles, AMEX Sky Miles account, The only direct flight to Kiev but out of JFK THE WORST AIRPORT IN THE UNIVERSE. Believe me, if I could make a change right this minute I sure would and NEVER, NEVER even look at Delta again. Customer Service hires people who cannot even speak or understand ENGLISH, for heaven's sake. There is NO compassion or upgrades or ANYTHING, but you can't, or you can't or no sir they will not let us, or OH YES, to only find they DO NOT KNOW what they are talking about. IT IS A UNIVERSAL MESS!!!!
We had some great meetings while we were in the states. Great meetings at EMMAUS Missionary Baptist College. Westwood Missionary Baptist, Landmark Baptist in Bunnell, Cooper Road Baptist in Inverses, Landmark MBC in Madison, and Revival in Frontier Baptist in Angleton, TX, Men's District Fellowship in Angleton, Revival in Alvin MBC, and Sunday Morning at Calvary MBC in Baytown, TX. OH, the Holy Spirit anointing and power present in all of these meetings. I knew the devil would be active, but you can never conceive all that he can do, and God lets it happen to see if we are still depending on HIM or some other force. IT WILL BE OK! I will buy an new phone and start over on my phone list, if you will send me your essential phone numbers. The group of builders from Westwood will be here day after tomorrow, Tuesday, and I did get 6 hours of sleep before I wrote this.
Well, that is a small portion of the small saga of Bill and Dorothy Pennell's life and travels. We did not crash, we have each other and we have you wonderful family and friends. Our luggage will get here sometime and normality may come back into our lives for a day or two. Praise the Lord!
I am sorry that this is a generic letter, but I wanted all to know that we did make it back, a bit worn, but much more experienced.

Living In His Mercy, Seeking His Grace

UKRAINIAN HOPE MISSION
    Phone: (727) 644-3619
    Mission Email: [email protected]
    Personal Email: [email protected]

damaged luggage and damaged content!

I have flown Delta Airlines for about 8yrs on business trips. I have gone through countless bags of luggage in their care. After filing complaint after complaint and being told baggage services by that Delta Airlines would not do anything to rectify the problem. Because my life has to go on, I just took it. Now that is not the case. After seeing the baggage crew in Atlanta, GA mistreat the luggage of the Delta customers next to our plane and then later that day finding my camcorder destroyed, I was livid. They have no regard or care about the property of their customers. I saw it with my own eyes. I could no longer sit by and allow this to continue.

• De
    Debbie Gates Oct 07, 2008

The last two times I have flown Delta from Tampa, FL to Idaho Falls, ID they have damaged my luggage. Both times they have torn off or broken the bottoms where the stand or wheels are. They make it impossible to file a claim by disavowing responsibility for "protruding parts such as wheels or handles" yet their actions make the luggage basically useless.

They also state that the claim must be made within 24 hours at the airport. I live over an hour away from the airport which makes returning very difficult. This last time I was out at the curb catching the shuttle to my car when I realized the problem. It was late and I had been traveling for nearly 12 hours. Going back inside to file a claim would have been a tremendous inconvenience for me.

They make it impossible to get redress for THEIR poor service and egregious actions!

passengers delayed for 6 hours in the plane with no food, disgusting restrooms and no solutions

Last August 31st, I was flying to Toronto from JFK, with a departure time set at 5.33pm. A few minutes before the time of boarding, a delay on our time departure was announced. So, we boarded one hour later.

Getting out of the gate took longer that usual because of the traffic, but we got a place in the line to take off. We had been in the plane for about an hour, really close to take off, when we received an announcement from the pilot stating that we needed to return to the gate since the flight attendant was about to exceed her maximum time of work for that day. But we were told there was another flight attendant ready to board as soon as we get to the gate.

It took us a really long time to get out of the line and there were no available gates so we had to wait for about another hour. By the time we managed to reach one, there was no one waiting to replace our flight attendant, so we had to wait for another hour.

In the meantime, we received another announcement from the pilot, saying that the First Officer was also reaching his maximum working time for the day. Therefore, we needed another replacement, and this lead to another unnecessary delay.

When all the crew was finally on the plane, there was some paperwork to be done, refilling the fuel etc. Then, the line of planes was not reduced so we spent over an hour taxing and managed to take off after midnight and arrived in Toronto airport around 2 am, after an incredible seven-hour delay.

The weather was perfect that day, in NYC, Toronto as well as in between, as our Pilot confirmed. Even though there was air traffic, all the planes were taking off and landing.

What is hard to understand is Delta’s incapacity to manage its staff efficiently:

Susan, the flight attendant allegued she had given heads up that morning about the possibility of exceeding her working hours. And even if she hadn’t, considering the delays we were already suffering, it had to be obvious for Delta and the rest of the crew that they were going to exceed their working hours. How is it possible that they had to wait until being actually overworking to call a replacement?
None of this nightmare had happened, if Delta had gotten replacements before boarding.

Furthermore, it’s inexcusable the way he passengers were treated by Delta airlines, that showed no interest for the passengers’ comfort:

We were delayed for 7 hours, 6 of which we were held IN the plane (before taking off).

The condition of the restrooms was disgusting. Since we boarded, all passengers had to use perfume to be able to use the restrooms, since they smelled and had no sufficient sanitary conditions.

Although I requested Low sodium meals, we all passengers had salty peanuts, salty crackers and mineral water as only options. Only after we complained for over 4 hours, we received sodas.

The staff did nothing to satisfy my requests (and other passengers’) to organize something to eat (sandwiches etc). Since we were waiting (for the crew’s replacement) at the gate for 3 hours, a catering service could have been easily arranged.

I (as well as other passengers) specifically requested Delta’s crew to ask Delta Airlines for Delta representatives in Toronto to satisfy our needs once we get there. Many passengers had missed connecting flights, reservations at hotels, and I missed my pre-booked shuttle to Niagara Falls.

But when we got to Toronto there was only one Delta representative waiting for us, who didn’t do anything, impotent of helping us after a seven-hour delay. All the passengers were discouraged to try to get immediate transportation, alleging it would be faster to make our own arrangements and then ask Delta for a refund.

Therefore, my boyfriend (who had been driving from the US for over 8 hours and surprisingly still reached Niagara before I did) had to drive all the way from Niagara to pick me up in Toronto Airport.

Based on the paragraphs above, I think it’s proved Delta has no capabilities to fulfill schedules’ commitments or to treat passengers accurately.

fraud and cheating!

Thinking it was easier to book flights on line with Delta I fell into the trap. I booked two tickets on line for flights from Portland, OR to Cincinatti. I also booked hotel reservations with the Hilton which is a service available with the Delta on-line service. There was my mistake.

Before the travel dates I learned the client had already booked and paid for our rooms at the Hilton. I called Hilton and canceled the reservations I had made on line with Delta. I received the confirmation numbers for the cancellations. Then I received my American Express bill and found out "Delta.com" had charged me $378.28 for the hotel rooms we had reserved but canceled. I called Delta customer service "I'm sorry sir, you will have to talk to Hilton" then I called Hilton and they advised "we didn't charge you, Delta did, you need to call Delta."

Again I called Delta, and each and every time I got some one that could barely speak English, I could not understand them. I kept trying, finally someone answered that I could at least understand a little better. The Delta representative once again told me it was not their problem and referred me to their "outside vendor" who handles all their on-line services. I was once again sent to India to talk to someone I could not understand. That person once again sent me back to Hilton for the refund.

I challenged the charges with American Express, but Delta maintained the charges would not be refunded. I am once again challenging the challenge.
The Point of all of this is DO NOT BOOK ON-LINE you are 10 times better off to book with a travel agent who speaks English and can get these problems resolved. I cannot believe the time, effort and frustration of trying to get this fixed.

I will never, ever book tickets on-line with Delta. Cannot speak for the other airlines in this regard, but Delta has certainly found interesting ways to screw with their customers.

• Be
    Belen Caramanti Oct 02, 2007

flight delay and poor customer service

Delta airlines flight delay and poor customer service

I purchase 2 round trip tickets for my son and his girlfriend on june 27th for a flight on july 20th. On both the flight to tampa and from tampa they were delayed for a total of 24 hours. When I contacted delta I got no one that cared and the supervisor greg moore was not just uncaring but rude. With the you're just screwed attitude! We have been offered no compensation for our trouble and they could care less that my son spent 24 hours of his vacation in airports trying to make a 3 hour flight. Delta should be held responsible for the problems they cause their customers. No one I know will ever fly delta again!

Lisa boothe

unacceptable delays due to bad maintenance

We have a very serious complaint about the operation of Delta Ailines and want this letter to be brought to the attention of management. We now also have firsthand experience of the widely reported poor maintenance of Delta aircraft, causing great discomfort and resulting in lies and bad behavior of ground personnel due to very annoyed clients/passengers on April 12&13, 2007 at JHB Airport. We were booked on DL 035 that was supposed to depaert a 18:45 on April 12, 2007. At approximately 15:30 we were booked in at the Delta counter and went through customs at about 17:00 and arrived at gate 7 at approx. 17:15. There were only a few seats, about 32, for all the passengers for a full plane available in the waiting area at gate 7. Ground personnel arrived at about 17:15 and stood around. Until about 18:30 the ground personnel did not communicate any delay or anything else to the passengers. When some passengers started getting annoyed one of the ground personnel finally informed the passengers, of whom most have to stand or sit on the ground, that there was a delay due to the engineers having to replace an important part in the aircraft (doing maintenance) but they expect to board in a few minutes. For the next almost two hours the boarding time was extended after phonecalls (or the impression of calls) was made with 10 min at every request of an annoyed passenger.

At about 20:15 the flight personnel started serving refreshments, promising everyone who asks that the engineers are almost finished and that we will board soon. At 21:30 the manager arrived for the first time and informed the passengers that it will still take sometime and request them to go to the Ekaya lounge to have super to the value of R25 at the airlines cost (this R25 could only buy a small plate of chips or a sandwich) Communication was very poor and almost non-existent and never was the passengers properly informed by a senior member as to the exact problem. Finally at approx. 24:10 the manager appears for only the second time and said the aircraft is ready but all have to board within 30 minutes. At 01:10 on April 13, 2007 all passengers were boarded and in their seats. At about 01:30 the passengers were requested to disembark due to two reasons; 1. The paper work to approve the repairs from Atlanta could not be obtained, and 2. The flight personnel can not proceed with the flight because they ran out of their scheduled time. We were told to collect all our luggage at arrival and that we will be booked into hotels at that counter. This action took until approx. 03:15 and my wife and I only arrived at the hotel and was booked in at about 04:15. We got up at about 09:00 and had breakfast at 09:30. During breakfast we were told that the buses will leave for the airport at 11:00 and that we will definitely board at 16:00 and we are scheduled to fly out at 17:00.

We spend the rest of that day, April 13, standing in queues in the lobby trying to book new seats. We finally arrived at gate 7 at about 15:15, again there was only a few seats available, even less than the previous day after the whole day's standing in queues. Once again there was no communication until the passengers started to really get annoyed, after 45 minutes passed the time that we were scheduled to board. The ground personnel again started to lie about boarding, like the previous day, to every passenger that asks what was going on and ignored requests that a senior manager or the captain come and explain what is going on. It really started getting nasty when the annoyed and tired passengers and personnel started shouting at each other, Delta airport security started shouting threads that unhappy passengers will be removed and unloaded from the aircraft. Due to this chaos some passenger demand to be unloaded, others signed a petition/demand that the passengers scheduled for Apr 12, be allowed to board the plane that arrived on 16:00 Apr 13, and that the passengers scheduled for that days flight wait for the broken plane to be repaired. This requests was refused by the manager when he finally arrived at about 18:10 to address the passengers, after numerous threads and shouting etc. the manager told the passengers that he will establish exactly how long it will take and when we will board and that he will report within 15 minutes. At about 18:25 the manager and flight captain arrived and the captain told us that the part that was fitted the previous night was not accepted by Atlanta and had to be replaced with one that arrived on that afternoon flight from Atlanta. He said that the engineers had done the job and were just finishing of and he stated categorically that the plane was ready and fit to fly and that boarding will start shortly. At about 18:35 we started to board and was seated at 18:55. Approximately 19:00 the captain addressed the passengers, once again apologizing and informing us that there is a 10 to 15 min delay due to the weather causing a back-up of flights. AT THIS STAGE MY WIFE'S NERVES CRACK AND SHE COULD TAKE NO MORE. She told me that if there was another delay she will not fly with that aircraft and she will get off. All this time the entrance door was not closed nor did we start taxiing, about 20 minutes later the captain again came on the air and told us that the back-up was now even longer and we are delayed another 40 minutes. Immediately my wife unbuckled and went to the stewardesses, she confronted them and ask them to look her in the eye and tell her that they are not still busy working on the aircraft. All she was told was "not to worry" she then requested to disembark and came and fetch her hand luggage, greeted me and went out. The attendant ladies then came and ask me to disembark, I asked them why, and they told me that my wife suggested that we both are disembarking. Knowing how tense all the passengers were, I did not want to create a further fuss or commotion and unbuckled, got up collect my handluggage and walked out. I WAS UNLAWFULLY REMOVED FROM THE AIRCRAFT, I NEVER REQUESTED TO DISEMBARK NOR DID I BEHAVE BADLY NOR DID I BROKE ANY FLIGHT RULES OR REGULATIONS. We went to arrivals and only received our luggage at about 21:00. We finally departed for the USA on April 16, 2007 on flight DL 035 after that flight was also delayed for more than two hours causing us to miss our connecting flight on Atlanta to San Diego, we had to wait for the rest of the day on the airport until 16:40 when we finally could get two seats. This resulted in great discomfort for the people that have to came and collect us at San Diego, wasting their whole day for we only arrived at the at about 18:30 and we should have landed at 10:00.

In terms of International Airtravel Law a full refund and other compensation have to be made if a delay of more than a certain time occurs, therefore before I revert to legal action, the media and the internet I want to know whether Delta is prepared to; 1. Re-schedule our return flight that is booked for August 3, 2007 to August 26, without any additional cost to us because we have to re-schedule all our appointments in the USA. And this is to be blamed on the poor condition of maintenance of Delta aircraft... 2. Reimburse us for all the delays that caused all the stress and re-sheduling of various appointments... 3. extend our insurance cover with "Worldwide Leisure & Business travel insurance" Policy number 333120 to August 28, 2007 at Delta's cost... 4. tell us how will Delta reimburse us for all the miscomfort, stress and unnecessary fights between the two of us, that was indirectly caused by the unfortunate happenings of April 12 to 17. And what is Delta prepared to do to keep us as future clients, seeing that we fly a lot.

It came to our knowledge that the flight DL 035 of April 13, was also delayed up to 04:44 on April 14, due to maintenance problems. We want to stress that this ad hoc maintenance of aircraft is totally unacceptable for the flying public and will ultimately result in something bad that might happen in future.

A similar letter to this message was faxed to Delta in SA, JHB airport on April 14 but we received no reply up to now. We urgently await a clear reply in writing from Delta management addressing all the issues raised. Our current Postal Address is; 28615 N - 26th Drive, Phoenix, AZ 85085 and my e-mail address is as stated above, [protected]@yahoo.com

no assistance getting to brother's funeral!

Early January 24th 2017 I received a very upsetting call from my mother stating my brother had passed away...

terrible flight

Wednesday May 16th Delta Flight 1766 was the flight from hell. It was a rainy afternoon and all seemed well. !80 passengers boarding plan as planned. Taxiing took about 30mins due to weather and other airline traffic. Finally our plane approached the runway for take off. As the engines roared just before take off, the dam brakes locked. Yep. it was horrific. People panicking, screaming out of control. The plan appeared to fish tail to the right a bit, possibly due to wet conditions. I thought this was the end. Immediately the plane corrected. The pilot informed us that the planes computer detected problem with left engine so sensor applied auto brakes in which pilot quickly disengaged and brought plane to rest manually. Well after another 40mins of taxiing plane back to maintenance and waiting we de-boarded and all 180 passengers bumped another flight that was going from atlanta to alaska. Needless to say they were not happy. Much confusion and little direction another 30mins or so we boarded. As we set and waited we applauded our pilots as they boarded. Damn 20 mins later they left the plane. Another 15-20mins went but and the stewardess informed us according to FAA regulations, those pilots exceeded their hours fr the day. WT[censored] Well we remained seated, 15 mins later we were informed that flight attendant message new pilots to take flight. Well 30mins later, after I demanded update, stewardess informed us that those piolts received message to late and responded to another flight. So a third set of pilots were contacted. This id fricken ridiculous. At this time $7 dllar vouchers ( no airport meal under $10) were given to extremely pissed of passengers and we were deboarded waiting for pilots. 40 mins later a new set of pilots arrived not pleased at all about flying to west coast. you know they should keep their comments to themselves. Many of us overheard thoer dis-pleasure. Well we soon boarded and set another 30 mins or so and finally pilots arrived. Another 20 mins gone by as we staged to depart. Damn not done yet. I set in aisle 24, above the wing and low and behold I heard a knocking noise. I asked the lady next to me to confirm. Indeed a noise that wasn't right. Wasn't sure what to do. i did flag stewardess as and she set in empty seat next to me as plane left ground. I told her listen and about every 20-30 mins this knocking sound would happen. She heard and was unsure, calling it a rudder noise. WT[censored] She tried to comfort us by telling us if serious the problem would flag the pilots and plane would landed. Lord help us I never prayed so hard in my life. $ and 1/2 hours later we landed in Ontario, Cal. Never in my life had have such an terrible flying experience. The maintenance, customer service, pilots, everything was against us. I work for Boeing in anahiem and to travel occasionally. I have yet to register complaint to my travel management and thought I'd give you guys a chance to respond. Anticipation...

2 hour cut-off

In Panama, if you are not in line 2 hours before departure time, you aren't getting in line, period. No discussion. You missed your flight. The airport here is small and an hour or 90 minutes is plenty of time - even to have a cup of coffee and shop and have a nap but not according to Delta. Even if every other carrier somehow manages it. This is completely ridiculous. I've gone through, been in line more than 2 hours early and then had to sit and wait for ages. Maybe they have a deal with the duty free vendors or coffee shop... I wish there were more alternatives.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices