Cricket Wireless Logo

Cricket Wireless

Having problems with Cricket Wireless?

575 Morosgo Dr. NE
Sat7:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sun10:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

misrepresentation of facts

What a nightmare dealing with cricket customer service. After being hung up on 3 times, I finally reached a supervisor who had no authority. Cell phone will not originate text messaging, the phone can only respond to texts received. Criket answer, sorry about that can't help you over the phone, take it in to the cricket store. Take to the cricket store, sorry, looks like your phone has a lock of some kind on it. Can't help you! Billing date incorrect. Sorry, we can't help with that. I am just frustrated with the whole cricket system. It is one of the most poorly run companies I have encountered yet. I am very dissapointed in them as a company. Of course, this problem is on my daughters phone. She has issues with huge phone bills and she thought that she would have control over phone bill with criket. My cell phone is through at&t. Thank god for reliable cell phone service.

• Cj
    CJV Oct 27, 2008

CRICKET SUCKS. I SHOULD KNOW I SELL THE PHONES. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS BECAUSE IT IS BASED IN INDIA. ANYONE WANTING TO TALK TO A REAL PERSON CALL THIS WITCH AND GIVE IT TO HER
    858-882-6000

Linda Wokoun
    Senior Vice President

• Ta
    Tammy S. Christensen Nov 01, 2008

I was on the phone with Customer Service and was very disappointed how I was treated by the female I talked to last. When I called I talked to a man who I couldn't understand because the connection was bad and only got half his words.
    I have a problem: I explained to her that my payment will be mailed out on the 3rd or 4th of this month but my bill is due the 1st and I realize my payment is late. The man I talked to first explained to me that their was a Bridge plan and I was trying to get someone to explain that to me when I couldn't understand him. The lady I had talked to was very irritated by my problem and was showing me by her attitude that she was and short with me. My payment will be mailed and my account 42056527641.
    Tammy S. Christensen

• Bi
    Big Lew Nov 07, 2008

AT&T also has bad service. In fact all of the cell phone companies have bad service and poorly trained personnel all the way to the top. Everything is a waiting game and shuffling the customer around. The Corporations have a monoply and the right people in their back pockets; so there is no one to call their hand on the bad service to the customer. Young people today have no idea what it was like in the 1950's thru mid 1970's when service was personal and the person serving you really cared.
    What is so crazy, is the person serving you gets equally as mad when they go somewhere to get service. We have declined as a society to selfish people abusing one another.

• Un
    unhappygirl Jul 31, 2009

I hate the customer service from cricket they cant even speak English correctly i had to speak to some indian guy that did know what i was saying and i ended up just hanging up on him they are useless people... and there phones sucks tooooo...im moving to t-mobile today bye cricket!!!

marksucks Jan 03, 2011

desriee does not believ us that cricket sucks some [censor].

marksucks Jan 03, 2011

veronica torrez with not stop singing gernade by bruno marz and it is annoying if u want to do something she goes to dore school chicago il

cricket is a crap!

Cricket wireless

My aunt purchased a cricket phone for me while working temporary in tx. What a mistake. She wrote a check for $60.00 for the november payment. It was cashed on the 26 of october and on november 2, my account was suspended. I called only to be told that I would have to furnish the documents so that they can research the payment at my cost and that it would take maybe seven days.

This has happened before. I am not paying additional fees for them to do the research and not being reimbursed.

I told them that I was filing a complaint against them with the texas attorney general and the csr proceeded to talk over me.

I am going with a company and have a two year contract with them.

This is crap. Btw, I am familiar how payment processing centers and lock box works.

• Th
    TheMommason Nov 23, 2009

Where to file complaints against this "company"
    FBI.gov
    finra.org (as LEAP Communications)
    Your state's Consumer Protection Department/Agency AND the California Department of Consumer affairs
    FCC (if they have no FCC license they can not continue thier abuses
    Federal Trade Commission - 1877-382-4357
    Department of Labor - (must have something to hide if they are trying to get me fired from this agency (which bahahah I don't work at) for making a comment on the President of LEAP Communication that theyare a Federal Contractor and maybe in need of a DOL Compliance review)
    The LEAP President's office number is 858-882-6304 (they only call you back to threaten you)
    File a police report if your issue involes illegal and fraudulent charges
    I liked googleing the Board of Directors and telling them about the ways in which this company stole from me.

ported phone number

I left cricket due to terrible service and ported my number over to cingular. However, cricket has repeatedly...

bill pay

I have tried 3 times to pay bill over phone through automated system using a personal check. The computer keeps saying theycan not process my check. This is a current account with adequate funds. Also, last month I made an ach debit payment over the phone, they claim was less than the normal bill. They normally will not take anything less unless you make special arrangements. This company is difficult to deal with.

• De
    Deborah McGinness Oct 13, 2008

I made a bridge payment on my phone, 720-365-1777 and was told that the rest of the payment was due today. I had no way to get to a cricket store so I decided to call 611 to pay by phone. Upon doing so, the recording said, due to a high volume of calls, it would be a while, so I waited. The wait turned out to be long and tedious so i decided to try back later as suggested. I did and again..i waited and waited. This went on for most of the day. So I attempted to apply online and as it was my phone was shut off and according to the online registration, your phone must be turned on, in order to get an text msg from Cricket. So not only am i dissapointed in your service, i think it is unfair to charge me a late charge. I would appreciate a waiver.

The other issue I have is, I took my phone in for to see if they could tell me why my phone was continuously dropping calls. I was told by a cricket service agent that i needed a battery. I bought the new battery only to find out later, it was not my battery at all but my connection at the bottem of my phone is wearing out. I am requesting a refund or credit on my purchase. I feel as though he agent caused me to spend money for a part unecessarily. I am a single mother, this is my only phone and i can not afford to make added expenditures for unnecassary reasons. Also, Can you please turn my phone back on so i can make my montly payment online? I do not have a vehicle to go to the nearest cricket store. Or atleast have an agent call me so we can discuss all these matters, I really need my phone. Thanks
    Sincerly, Deborah
    720-365-1777

overbilling without remedy

Be warned! Do not be fooled into getting cricket cell phone service. They boast that they only charge in advance for the upcoming month of service and that it will only be a flat rate of $45.00 I tried to pay for my a year of daughter's cricket phone service when she went away to college and although it shows on my bank statement that I paid $872.12 for the phone and 12 months of service with taxes, they continued to bill me. Although I was smart enough to not set myself up on automatic billing with them, they still show that I owe them $331.52 for what? Though I have had perfect credit for 40 years, I now have a collection against me from cricket for service that was already paid for with bank statements to prove it. What is happening to this country that we as american's no longer have rights for services that we pay for??? When I complained to a few other people at a different cell phone store about my cricket ordeal, they all three said they had trouble with overbilling from them as well. How do they continue to stay in business?

• Ex
    Ex Cricket worker Sep 01, 2009

If you had $45.00 rate plan your monthly bill is $51.65 everymonth...

$51.65 x 12 = $619.80
    $3.00 x 12 = $ 36.00
    -------------------------------------
    total in a yr $655.80

( This is only for if you paid you bill on time every month including $3.00 processing fee)

Question :
    How to avoid getting charge $3.00 in store processing fee??

Answer:
    option 1. Mail the payment out to cricket (Check or money order)
    option 2. Automatic Bill Payment with your credit debit card.

Question : There is any hidden fee charge on my cricket bill?

Answer:
    There is no hidden fee or overage charge on cricket wireless... because its unlimited!

There is no hidden charge or overage BUT!!
    1. Whenever customer's makes payment late there is $10.00 late/reconnection fee charge... P.S late fee charge was $15.00 about 3 months ago new late fee charge is $10.00 now...
    2.There is pro-ration and sign-up fee for extra features added on to account ike roaming, calling features, any add on features was added.
    (soo before u add any features on your account you should ask the sales rep!)
    3.Bridge-payment is good for customers who have low budget to pay the total bill but i will say it is better off pay the total bill in 1 payment...
    (for exemple)
    you do $20.00 bridge payment everymonth and pay the remaning after 7-days...
    Situations like this customer is getting charge 2x processing fee of $3.00

if u add it up by 12x$3.00 = $36.00 x 2 = $72.00
    so there is another way to save $36.00 a year.

Bottom line

So longest you pay your bill on time with out adding any feature on the account. your monthly bill will stay the same every month...

and if u had extra charge on your account dat means either u paid your bill late & there is times dat you had no service for not paying your bill on time. of course you will be charge LATE FEE. but good thing is cricket dont credit check so this wont stay on your credit record & there is no temination fee like any other wireless carriers...

Jack212 May 04, 2010

That is funny i got $19 in State/Gov/Local taxes on my 1st new months bill then they added a 2nd $15 reactivation which i paid the first one already. Then they got these public safety tax and some regularity recovery fee and bogus other things. They hang up on me when i do 611

wrongful billing & poor customer service

I have had a cricket cell phone for 4 months. The day I purchased the phone I was supposed to be given my...

escorted out by security guard

Cricket is not very customer friendly. After several trips and complaints about a new faulty phone covered by insurance, it took me 6 weeks to have it replaced. After having to give them an additional forty five dollars. Also having to travel 60 mile round trip to a cricket store where they service phones. Also was told to utilize phone the first time till battery was left with no more power before I charge it. I did, but they told me that after utilizing phone over 30 minutes, they could not replace it.

jonesy May 13, 2009

I have replaced my telephone with Cricket three times, due to defective equipment and my need to have a phone at all times for my business. Each time, I get a more expensive, but equally defective phone. The battery heats up but doesn't hold a charge. The service goes out entirely. Sometimes it says "roaming" when it's sitting on my bed! When I go back to the store to complain, they just tell me to buy another phone and take up the warranty with the manufacturer. However, the phone says "Cricket" on it and doesn't show who made it... not on the phone or the box. Apparently, the manufacturer is too ashamed of the product to put its company name on it. After the exploding phone thing from LG, I'm wondering if Cricket bought their surplus stock! Won't do business with this company EVER again. Tell you friends!

customer service sucks!

I've had service with cricket for over 3 yrs. I have 2 phones with them. The past 3 wks ive had problem with...

profoundly poor service!

For over 1 month, the duration of paying for cricket wireless phone service, literally 100% of my calls have...

shotty phones shotty service

It seems almost impossible in my area to find a cricket store that is actually open during the actual posted times. My bill was due I was out, needed to pay my bill and see about a replacement phone and five different locations were closed during posted operating hours! I have never had a phone that didn't last for less than a year, well, that was until now. My wifes phone is held together with tape and mine will no-longer hold a charge and as of today, won't even turn on. Now I am told I have to fork over $100 bucks in order to replace both phones. If I had been told that at the purchase point I wouldn't have purchased the "replacement plan". Once this payment goes through I will be going through a contract company.

Damian pamplin
Owner, the alpha club

JustMoi Aug 30, 2007

As,I can't say I totally agree cause I just signed up for Verizon lol. I am having problems with my current Cricket service and I've only had it 2 months.Customer service is Very Bad!To make it short,I called in and spoke with 5 cricket reps plus a supervisor to confirm I wanted to cancel my cricket account before the new billing period which is August 31st + so I made it.The next day,on the 28th my bank statement shows a $53.29 direct debit made by Cricket,why?How?I called in and told them about this,that amount needs to be credited back as I do not owe Cricket that since I called in to cancel my cricket service before the new billing period.It was only the 28th!They say oh looks like your on automatic bill payment,we can shut that off for you.I said ya shut that off and credit my money back please.I never signed up for that.The past 2 months,I mailed a check out to the company since joining.How they got my card number and without my consent,who knows.They sure don't know.They give me the run around that they "say" they see what's happened and are "so sorry" but gave me a fax number(after trying out many times,doesn't EVEN WORK!!!) and saying if I could fax my bank statement showing that amount being deducted,I may have a chance on getting my money back,it's not guaranteed and that right there pissed me off.Not guaranteed?If I send the proof,I should be guaranteed! It was Cricket's error/mistake,not mine.Then she says if you do not hear back,call us back and we'll help you further.That's it.My account supposedly shuts off tomorrow. Still haven't gotten credited nor CAN NOT get through to customer service for a damn!DO NOT join Cricket! Nobody!

Justmoi Sep 21, 2007

Hey I'm Justmoi who typed the complaint about Cricket above but I just wanted to update and say that as of Saturday Sept 15th 2007,I was credited back my $53.29 on that exact day so I'm happy as heck about that.I wish I can help the rest of you but if you wanna know what I did after searching online since this situation was all new for me and stuff,I found a site called [redacted]dotcom.I'm sure you can't post links.I did everything that they suggested people suspected they even think they have this problem on their hands..do.Actually the page ain't loading up but I didn't end up doing everything.What I felt comfortable doing and did was take printscreen shots of all I had of cricket(when my acct was still active of course) and I kept those aside.Papers I got in the mail incase you didn't sign up electronically.Then I contacted my bank where the fraudulent charge occured,shortly explained my situation by sending a secure online bank message,giving them the link to the [redacted] site(mentioning there's alot of online horror stories) simply said that was a fraudulent charge and was not authorized by myself and it should be credited back to my acct and blah blah.The site finally loaded so I'll copy n paste what helped me.Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E. Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything!Demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor.If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report hereRemember… Don't let them get you!

The page from this site that has all this info I don't think I can post it but maybe you can search RipOff0192209 cause that was the file page name.GL PPL!

• Tr
    trina elaine shaw Dec 15, 2007

I am really upset because i have written letters with my concerns and nothing. My thing is i have been with cricket since your company has serviced this area over a year and i agree that i have had a few billing problems but i manage to handle the bill . I am upset that your company representative lied about me setting up people and receive discounts off of my bill,anyway the representatives always call me a man which I am a woman. I see that your company has come out with all these new promotions that are not benificial that are useless too me I feel as though the company should help previous customers by allowing promotions to help them keep their phone service but i am not allowed these things. At the moment i am very upset and i would love to resolve this matter. I have had my freinds get cricket and they have complained that the service is bad dropped calls and still i vow to the fifty or more people too stay with cricket and yet and still cricket does not care about their elderly customers. At this point in my life i have bleeding in one eye and i dislocated my knee and my shoulder and i really need my phone my only child has just left too fight the war and now i can not communicate with her until whenever the mail makes it.. I also have a lot of ideas that will hep upgrade cricket and become the most hella wonderful telecommunication company in the world. Cricket needs too help me and hear my ideas.. Waiting too hear from you...

Trina E Shaw!

• Bl
    Blah Apr 22, 2008

regardless if you are bleeding from one eye and so forth i don't think that alters the problems that you have. If you want to upgrade service ask your rep at an actual coroporate store and see what they can do. Most of the time if you have had the service for at least a year, they can work with you. you have to remember that they have insurance to help with bad phones and warranty, and they meet different criteria to work with customers.

• Un
    unpleased Jun 24, 2009

My cricket phone service sucks, it always drops calls & phone dies easly, upgrade phones have no choice and no good buys for current customer. But, what really pissed me off they add an upgrade service to my phone with out my promistion. I noticed a jump in my bill so I call cricket and I was told That I did it. I was furious then I had to cancell there mistake off an unwanted upgrade. So i ended having to pay the unrequested upgrade!!! The representative keep repeating her self over and over saying that " in order to upgrade a service I had to request it ". So I ask for a manager then the manager said the same thing!!! They can really make you go mental!!! I guess now I can See how they say your reputation processeds you. I now alot of people not satified with how cricket does bussiness!!!

payment problems

I am a single mom raising two kids & i am not saying I have never been late on my bill before, but i always call & let them know that the bill is going to be late. I have had my phone for around 3 years (close to 4) & in that time I have been late 3 times. I have 3 phones on my account the bill is almost 200.00 dollars. I called 7 told them that I would pay my bill on the 14 on June the bill was due on the 10th they give a 3 day grace BUT when I called they told me the phone would not be shut off if paid on the 14th needless to say I went to pay the bill with my credit card at 9:00 AM on the 14th & no phone service. I feel that if someone has been with a company as long as I have & has 3 phones & only been late 3 times & calls to let them know the bill will be paid They should at least give me time to pay the bill (like to Noon) because most banks don't open till 9:00 AM...

• Cj
    CJV Oct 27, 2008

858-882-6000
    THIS NUMBER IS THE CORPORATE OFFICES NO AUTOMATION!
    Linda Wokoun
    Senior Vice President

jaenita walketr Apr 21, 2009

my name is victoria and my mom got me a phone and we havin troble payin the bill can u help

john dooooe Feb 15, 2011

I agree cricket has the worse customer service, their English is awful, they sound like they are reading a script, and the online payment is not different, they have bogus fees for making a payment like account *debit authorization* its ridiculous if you are making a payment you are also authorizing the transaction, i don't understand why they do this it aggravates me irritates me makes me wanna hang em high life isn't easy otherwise we wouldn't be looking for cheaper ways of having a cell phone

Anju Chawda Jun 19, 2012

I already paid my cricket cell phone bill before its due date and the idiots cut off my phone even after acknowledging the payment and giving me the confirmation number.

sorry business practices

I was at the store in Tulsa located on Sheridan and Pine and they told me and my girl friend Mary Hewitt whom had the services with cricket that they no longer supported her phone and encouraged her to buy a new phone. We had a second phone and they switched services for us to the new phone. We then ask for a battery for the phone and they picked out the proper battery and sold us the wrong battery charger. Ended up spending $37 total when all I needed to spend was $7 at a Cricket store on 21 and Sheridan. The store whom sold us the wrong charger wouldn't even refund the money on the charger since they don't take returns on electronic devices. However they picked it up for and ensured us it was the correct charger for that phone. They were wrong and I have been had once again, thanks it was only $30 I was out all together. Next time may they just hold a gun up to me and rob me!

• Ra
    Randall E Strong Jul 02, 2007

I had a terrible experience with Cricket 2707 wilmington pike 937-298-9008 Indo Johnson sales rep. I went to the store from a radio promo for a new phone deal, 39.99. I also had received a text message from Cricket that it was the last day for their special to get a free phone $50 rebate if you added a new line to your current account. When i got to the store i said which was the better deal. Due to the rebate, it was the better but you had to wait some 90 days for the rebate. So i said would add on 2 phones. I could only get 1 phone, sounded weird, but i said ok. I would like the new account special from the radio promo. She it was not for a new account but a add on that i was already getting. I had the talk to the radio people about false advertising since i new the clerk was obviously wrong and it was cleared and i got a new account and phone. The other phone was setup as an add on but come to find out they added to some other person. They requested i return the phone and they could not switch to my account. so i went down to swap phones and when they got the phone they took and refunded my money and said that was it. I said about my replacement phone. The special was over and i would have to pay full price for another phone and they said the mistake was not their fault. They said i had mentioned getting the other phone on my girl friend's account and that must be who the other account must belong to. Which it was not. So lesson learned is if you go to cricket store make sure it is an corporate store who be accountable for their actions. They also had given me all the account info in the printout that i didn't notice and i said i have all this information to prove i could not given the information to you. Still no budge and i'm stuck losing on the special.

julius11 Aug 14, 2009

They sent me a phone and the back cover, that covers the battery, does not match. Its for a differant brand of phone. I called everyday for 5 days and no one could help me. They keep telling me that someone from corporate will call me and no one called yet. One person told me that I will have to send the phone back to them and they send me a new one. I asked him will I get reimburse for purchase and he said 'No'. I told him that if I am sending back a phone that I am paying for postage for then I don't want another phone. I am canceling the service.

Also the first phone number they gave me was with a differant area code then where I live at. Whats up with that? Pay the extra money for a differant service. I saw that boost mobile has a $50 dollar unlimited long distance and text. And you don't have to worry about the roaming bull that cricket has.

• Gu
    Guidobandito Mar 11, 2010

I've had the same cricket cell phone for over 6 years. I don't need a special phone just a way for people to get a hold of me or me them. Over the past month I have had nothing but problems with my cricket phone, from dropped calls to not getting calls at all. My bill came so I called from my cricket phone a few days before it was due and found a zero balance. Wtf? I called the next day and found a zero balance again. If I pay by credit card cricket charges a $2.00 fee to process it. The total bill would be $2.00. Wtf? I called customer support 1-800-cricket and started asking questions from someone in the philippines about my bill, they hung up on me. I called again and got another person of asian decent and asked them to look up my bill. They placed me on hold for 15 minutes and the call was eventually dropped. Lol cricket, you guys suck. People in the usa are willing to work for less than minimum wage and you go out of the country for your call center support. Ha ha you deserve to fail if you treat valued customers that way.

Lol

• 72
    72209 Mar 23, 2010

I suggest going into a Full service store or agent and they can help you get this resolved. I know it takes time from your day but in the long run you may get good service.

• Hy
    Hyman Roth Mar 26, 2010

I agree...the whole outfit sux. Their broad-band is even more pathetic. They lie to you to sell you a substandard product, and offer substandard service. They are a damn disgrace. No signal...when you do get one...it drops. Customer service must be in India somewhere. Does anyone care about consumers anymore? Screw them, I cancelled after one day and got my cash back.

• 72
    72209 Mar 27, 2010

I use the internet service and it works for me where I am. It is cheaper than what I was paying and I have att and well they drop calls just as much. It took me one day 5 trys to get a 10 min conversation out with the same person. Had to keep calling back and this was with att. They all will have dropped calls. It isn't perfect. No one is. Just try them is all you can do. Good luck with your service choice.

• Do
    Dorothy A. Summers Jul 01, 2010

I canceled cricket phone service in may of this year. you keep charging my visa account. in fact you just charged me yesterday June 30. please reimburse my visa account the amount you charged.or I will call my visa account now and reverse it. Dorothy Summers my cricket phone number was 936 333 0247. Dorothy Summers

• Do
    Dorothy A. Summers Jul 01, 2010

take your charge you just made off my visa account. Dorothy Summers

• Mr
    mrfilter2u Aug 19, 2010

Come join my Facebook site and together we can get our money back. Copy and paste URL below.

• Am
    amy010 Sep 29, 2010

yes i agree all above comment.

I will fight this to the end!

I had my phone service disconnected when I ported my number to another service provider and then talked to...

incorrect billing

Cricket wireless - billing incorrect, cricket 800 number was disconnected, another time it was a phony number.

I have talked with several cricket phone users and have heard the same thing from them that I am having. They tried endless times to have things corrected, going to the cricket office in salem and being told they have to call the 800 number. It is a merry go round.

My cricket statement for oct. Stated they had not received my payment and if I didn't pay up immediately they would shut off my phone. I tried calling the 800 number and it came out more like a 900 number, then the second time - it was disconnected.

I checked with my bank and it verified the fact that the check was written on sept. 4 and cashed on the 26th. This is the second time they "seemed" not to have gotten a check on time that was mailed 3 or more weeks ahead of the due date. Further, they charged me $15.50 in fees (Which were for an insurance item I did not request).

I can't seem to get any one to actually help me with this mess. The store in town just passes the buck. I end up getting my service cut off for 10 days... I don't want it to happen again but I don't want to pay the $15.50 fee I did not order.

God bless you
Lorna

juan trevino Jul 10, 2008

iam very upset with yaull no body knows what there doing i pay my bill and my phone gets turn off i called yaull after i paid my bill and waited on the line onehour in a half nobody answer my call i am not happy with customer servise i would be very happy if some one answers my calls now my servise is off dont know why please answer my calls reconet my phone please i was told my phone would not be turn off thank you

• Su
    susy Sep 17, 2008

I am having the same problem. i just sent them an email. if they dont respond before my next billing period im going to send them a list of sites knocking them lol. i changed my plan to the cheapest and now for 2 months they want me to pay the 50.00 ive been paying. i dont see them charging us for 30.00 for 2 months while giving us the 50.00 a month plan, do you? heck no... but they want to give me the 30.00 a month services for 50.00 lol... i told the phone agent that cricket could shove thier services where the sun dont shine.I refuse to pay for a service that i am not receiving...thats final. cricket aint all that, i have dropped calls all the time, i just may take this phone and shove it up there for em...and change to a better phone server.

• As
    ashleigh whitecalf Dec 04, 2008

I got my phone for my grandaughter who has a rare blood disorder which her brother had and died from because of a massive bleed out. Ashleigh has to have this phone as she if she starts to bleed she can call me or an emergency medical response team. When we first got it I payed 70 dollars for a months service (the 45 dollar plan) and for activation at the time of turning it on, we had our own phone we brought in that was a cricket phone. Then the first bill was for 113 dollars, I was shocked, I am on a fixed income and can't afford to pay for the error on their part. She gets many dropped calls and the phone doesn't charge right. She rarely talks on it ever, only texts on it.
    We will not be having christmas this year due to the high cost of gasoline and our house payment and utilities are the same cost of my income. Sometimes there's not even enough food to last the whole month and I don't even eat sometimes for two days, so she can get enough nutrition to survive. I don't know what I will do if they shut off her phone, it grieves my heart that I went into cricket with good faith and they would even make such a gross error. I worry about Ashleigh alot, she is the sweetest, most loving child, and very close to the lord, and is kind to everyone she meets. She's not even able to do things most 14 years olds can do because she is often very itll or to tired to even get out of bed. I haven't told her grandmother hasn't been able to save for even a holiday meal and it won't be any presents under the tree, she is in need of shoes and a warm coat, I'm just in tears now, fearing christmas day, with no presents, under the paper tree she has taped to the wall with homemade ortaments, I feel so ashamed as a grandmother, that somehow I have let her down, I love her with all my heart, she is the joy of my life. If anyone would like to send her a card to cheer her up, it would be ever so greatly appriciated from the bottom of my heart. Her brother died days before christmas with the same blood disorder she has and so a card would really cheer her up. Our address is ashleigh whitecalf, 5023 N. Yale, Portland, Oregon 97203 and my phone is 503-490-0609 thankyou for listening to an old lady go on about the problems with cricket and for maybe sending Ashleigh a card to cheer her up. respectfully, grandma

Jaybobbilly Jan 02, 2009

Cricket wireless service (or dis-service) is the worst!!
    After a year of dropped calls, poor reception, bad equipment, I decided to quit being cheap and get real cel service. I cancelled my serive on 11/19/08 and was told since I pay in advance I would receive a $12.80 refund. Two months later I receive a bill reflecting my $12 bucks being credit to the December charges and in addition $.55 for a paper billing... dirty rats... When I call the customer dis-service line, I have to go through several promps before I would be disconnected because my old number was no longer active. The number listed on the billing was disconnected so I had to call the 800-Crkcket number. I had to pretend to want new service in order to talk to a person and was finally able to talk to a person, that person finally gave me a number to call. After 27min on hold I talked to a person who told me she would put in a complaint request, but that per their policy they do not refund partial month payments... although she was able to verify that they charge for partial months service...
    Bottom line, I guess you get what you pay for... I was paying $35 per mo for service, got the same service (with clear reception and good customer service and excellant equipment) from Verizon for $40.

• Ba
    basterd1 Jul 25, 2009

Does anyone know who to get ahold of to fix a bill that someone charged on my debit card without my permission if you do please email me at [email protected] I have had nothing but the runaround and this is ###.

thanks Lisa

haven't received my cell phone

I ordered a cricket wireless cell phonefrom www.1800mobiles.com on a saturday, the confirmation page said it would be a three day delivery. A week later I still had no phone so I emailed the customer service department of the parent company to cricket (Because the actual cricket company will not speak to you unless you have a cricket phone number). The parent company did not answer my questions directly but instead gave me a tracking number to track my package via fed-ex. I tracked it and according to the tracking system the phone was picked up the day I emailed them (Which was a week after the actual order date) which lead me to believe that had I not emailed them and asked where my phone was, it would take a great while longer to get my phone then advertised. I will still give their service a try but so far I am unhappy with the way they have done business and I am not even a full customer yet.

• Wa
    wanda james Aug 28, 2008

My phone has been searching for 2 days. I can't call or receive calls.

phone replacement problem

My cell phone service is with Cricket cell phone ser. My phone stopped charging, and the clerk gave me the...