Cricket Wireless Logo

Cricket Wireless

Having problems with Cricket Wireless?

575 Morosgo Dr. NE
Sat7:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sun10:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

lost payment

I am finding out how bad their customer service is. I went into a store to post a bridge payment, I then had 7days to pay the balance(2/15/10). I paid the balance 2/12/10 on line. I received a conformation # and an email for my payment. Well 4day after I submitted payment my service was disconnected. No active line means no contact with customer service. I go to the store on 2/16, some lady on the phone restores my service and tells me to fax over the copy of my CC statement showing the money being dept from my card. Well I try the fax# several times only to get a fast busy signal. Later that evening after I've get of work I try and call Customer service to verify the # only to find out that my service was once again disconnected so now I have to wait unit the next day to go back to the store. At their corp store I am told there is nothing they can do about it. They reactivate my service for 7day extention try and fax my info(CC statement, confirmation # and return email of payment made) to their billing department only to get the same result as I did the day before, a busy signal. So here I am hoping that this gets resolved in the next7day. If there is anyone out there who has a corp# plzzzzzzzzzzz email me [protected]@yahoo.com

• Ro
    Rob Stewart Mar 09, 2010

Friday February 19, 2010 our payment was due. Paid online full amount using my bank account same thing I have done for years. Following Monday the lines, four of them, were cut off for non payment. After several calls to them along with only one to my bank who gladly produced a statement showing the payment took place on the day in question the answer was still the same. We cant find the payment. When we produced the confirmation number they turned the service back on and later turned it off on March 08, 2010 sending a text to the phone saying the bridge payment is now past due?????? What bridge payment, we paid the full amount, online on the due date. Now here we go again. I went to the online site and it still shows our last payment on January 15, 2010. Nothing on February 19, 2010. It appears that after we provided them with the facts they simply gave us an extension to get us off the phone without correcting the problem and here we go again. These people are idiots.

• Ed
    Edwards Resources May 17, 2010

A Cricket store located in Northgate Mall, Durham, NC upgraded/sold me a $380 smart-phone from my Samsung. The following month my bill went from $49 per month to $89 per month. Why? Well is seems that you have to pay to have a web touch screen type phone even if you do not surf the web. This was never shared with us. In fact, we specifically stated our bill can not go up. Needless to say, they shut phone off for not paying difference. TO RESOLVE: You MUST call/goto a Cricket, Inc office and NOT a Authorized dealer. Cricket, Inc success has been in marketing of lower cost effective services and the millions of medium income folks. Too many of these complaints and we definitely can take business elsewhere. I must say, they did take care of me immediately with two months free service. I pride Cricket, Inc., in their Cary, NC office.

• Au
    Audrey R D May 20, 2010

To Rob Stewart, the EXACT thing has happened to us. I paid our payment for our internet before the due date (which was April 21st) and have copies of my bank statement with cricket.com as the recipient of the funds. I have been to two stores to fax this info along with the e-mail confirmation and nothing. They turned our service off a total of 5 times in the last month and have still not credited our account, saying that they investigated and they amount was not deducted from our bank acct.!!! We also got a text about a "bridge" payment and I figured out that they just did this extension to get us to leave them alone. I am so fed up with this company. I will be calling possibly my attorney and the attorney general to get this resolved.

false advertisment/ripoff

Cricket claims to have broadband speeds on their blazing fast 3g network. The speeds are anything but blazing fast. Youtube doesnt even load, page tranfers are not as fast they should be, give their advertisement. I was overcharged on the sales tax and the activation fee. I bought the modem and called the next day to ask if i could bring it back, they said i could but said the activation charges was non-refundable. I am going to bug the crap out of their customer service to try to get it back. If i don't get it back, i am out 30 bucks.

It is time that people take a stand against these types of rip offs. I would encourage everyone on here that has been ripped off by cricket to report them to the federal trade commission, the BBB, and let them know.

bottom line CRICKET BROADBAND SUCKS

• Ba
    Bald K9 Apr 19, 2010

I just wrote the BBB today about cricket customer service and empty promises, Please everyone should file a complaint at the BBB it only takes a minute or three!

• Ba
    Bald K9 Apr 19, 2010

Cricket Sucks they lie and has the worst customer service, no rebate, no first month free, no free cricket, its all a big scam please file a complaint will the BBB if this has happened to you, this is not right and if unfair, to treat consumer this way

• Ri
    Rick From NM May 16, 2010

Worst internet service i have ever used, Slow, Slow, Slow, Dormant, Dormant, Dormant every 5 minutes, SAVE your money and go with someone else, They Lie, Lie, Lie. As bad as dialup, Trust me STAY AWAY !!!

• Tu
    Tucson resident Aug 23, 2010

CRICKET SUCKS!!! CRICKET SUCKS!!! CRICKET SUCKS!!! CRICKET SUCKS!!! CRICKET SUCKS!!! CRICKET SUCKS!!! CRICKET SUCKS!!! AND ON AND ON AND ON!!! ...DON'T BUY INTO CRICKETS [censor]!!!
    $$$ IS TIGHT THESE DAYS AND TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE THEY WAY THEY ARE SHOULD BE ILLEGAL !!! THE BROADBAND CARD I RECENTLY GOT FROM THEM RUINED MY BRAND NEW MAC. THE BROADBAND CARD NEEDED TO BE UPDATED WHEN I AGREED TO UPDATE IT. MY MAC FROZE AND WOULD'NT REBOOT. I HAD TO REINSTALL ALL MY SOFTWARE. AND THEN 4 APPS WOULD'NT WORK AGAIN PROPERLY. I HAD TO TAKE IT IN TO A MAC STORE TO REINSTALL AND FIX MY SYSTEM. THEY TOLD ME HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE HAVE BEEN COMING IN ALL MONTH WITH THE SAME ISSUES BECAUSE OF CRICKET BROADBAND CARDS. BEWARE OF THIS NETWORK AND ALL IT'S DEVICES!!! IT'S A SCAM!!! NOTHING MORE!!!

• My
    My Name Is Beth Too Mofos Mar 21, 2011

Their customer service -when you can get a real person- is atrocious ! Not only are they condescending, Ive been told something different by every single person in there !!! I was screwed out of a rebate, offered a 25 dollar discount- didnt get it, and the dormant [censor] started a month ago for me, but I had no trouble the first several months... Im ready to find new service basedd off the customer service alone !

they steal your money

I go into the store ask if wireless internet is available in my town (1 town away) the clerk said yes. I bought the droadband card got it home and it did not work. I tried to call the store & the number on the reciept was incorrect! I was on hold for over 1 hr to try to get someone in customer support through the 800# only to be told service is NOT available in my town. By then the store I purchased it from was closed. They close at 6pm I got customer care after 7pm. So promptly after work the next day I go to return it and inform the same clerk service is not available I want my money back, he only gives me $50.00 of the $75.00 I paid yesterday!!! I asked about the other $25 he said the activation fee is non refundable. I asked how can it be activated if I never used it???! So he won't give me my money back. I call customer service and after speaking to four different people no one would do anything to refund my full price.
In my opinion they are very incompetent and nasty on the phone as well as in person.

I would not reccomend doing buisness with Cricket Wireless company unless you like being taken advantage of.

I filed a complaint with my bank because I used my charge to pay & currently the bank is in the proccess of disputing the $25.00 charge.

dropped calls no service

continually dropped calls, dead areas, dont receive texts, this is the worst service ever!! I would drop them but it is a company phone, so Im hoping my Boss gets tired of this crap soon. clarity is bad everyone tells me I sound like im in a tunnell.

Jack777 Nov 25, 2010

My Cricket phone cuts off after 1 hour and 29 minutes of service. I have to click on the "End" button and redial the number. It's not that I chit chat on the cell phone frying my brain but I have the speaker phone turned on and listen to my radio show. It has been cutting off my phone calls at the 1 hour 29 minute mark for the last 3-years.

defective items and shipping costs

I was solicited online to purchase a modem after recieving a popup while looking for a Cricket store.

The sales agent sold me a modem, overnight shipping and promised no automatic activation.

The modem did not arrive overnight, in spite of me being charged for overnight.
The modem would not activate, continued to show "activation failed" and was never initialized or used.
Automatic bill bay was setup for this defective item, and I was told I'd have to work this out with their escalation department.

In an attempt to return the item I called the number provided. I was told after being on hold I has called the wrong number, and could not be transferred I would need to call another number.

The second number I reached the "status order department" they stated they could only refund the cost of the modem. However they could not refund the shipping costs (in spite of it not arriving as paid for) could not refund the activation fee, in spite of it never being activated. And would be "unable to shoulder the costs of return shipping" I was told I could exchange, return the modem for a refund at any Cricket Store. This not being true, I was forced to go to a post office, wait in line, pay for shipping insurance and delivery confirmation.

To resolve this, I was told I would need to call a third number. I called the number given, and it was a different number but ended up at the original department I called at the beginning of this day. They were the "order department" and after being unable to help me, provided me with the number of the "status order department" where I had been after the second phone call.

My time, money and patience are worth something, and that results in my hope that you never do business with Cricket online after reading this.

the worst customer service

I have never in myself felt so disrespected I have had to call and go down to a cricket store every month to pay my bill because I am usually overcharged every single month and when I call the 800 number I am told to shut up and they have hung up and yelled at me me and never made my payment right they always come up with an excuse and then when asked to speak with a supervisor they are just as bad if not more disresceptful on top of it I never can speak with someone who can speak english hello then they never document my calls or notes that they say they are doing I have worked as a telemarketer before and would have been fired if I ever spoke to a customer this way or handled a situation the way they do they are so unproffesional its pathedic I am offended to say the least they cannot keep getting away with this. This company is the worst all that comes from this company is a very high blood pressure please do not get cricket they are a scam

• To
    TotalSunshine Feb 17, 2010

I agree they have the worst customer service on the planet. I have benn hung up on by the represenatives on 3 different occasions...They don't know the answer to my questions so they HANG UP!!! WTH...I avoid using 800mycricket or 611 at all costs. It only frustates me more. I do like my phone and my plan...I do not like the "customer service" aspect what so ever. Basically u pay for service and the better the phone the better the connection. Decent customer service must cost extra.

DO NOT USE CRICKET BROADBAND!!! IT SUCKS SO BAD...DIAL UP IS FASTER THAN THIS POS THEY CALL INTERNET SERVICE.

• Dr
    drekimash Aug 09, 2013

HORRIBLE customer service...I mean WHO hangs up on customers! This is crazy, I was told they don't offer refunds no matter what and instead of listening to my explanation, they hung up PERIOD!! Can't believe that just happened. I was charged for a phone number I no longer have, even though I turned off the auto bill pay online, they still charged me. The price is good per month, but can't stand the service they offer. I'm coming from Verizon who has the best customer service to coming to Cricket, which I hate! They are jerks!

misleading refill plan

cricket has this paygo which is pay as you go plan. i had 1.80 credit on the account so i loaded another dollar on my account next day I had no service. it kept asking me to load my account with money even though the previous day i had loaded a dollar bringing it to 2.80. So when i called the csr line the lady confirmed that i had a 2$ balance and should be able to make calls so she told me that she reset my account and try to use it in 30min, tried in 45 min no calls out. so went to neighbor to use there phone and a lady answer very condescending. informing me i need to reload my account even though i had at least 2$ on my account. because i should of wait till the day i needed the dollar. So call got disc. So i call back got a eric then a Prescott then a fictitious guy name faith which stated he was a mgr out of manila Philippines emp # 3072. the reason i feel his name was fictitious is because i ask the previous guy what was his faith to identify he was telling me the truth. and he sent me to his mgr now name faith. SO eventually my father in law came to my home and help me fix the car and i went down to circle K and loaded another dollar on the phone and now i have service. My experience with cricket and the call center in manilla has been the #1 baddest experience i received from customer service in all my life. my name is Delaney e Jones.

• Me
    MentallyMature Jan 03, 2009

I had two lines on my account in November. At the sart of December, I called and had one line canceled. I paid my bill of $64.42 on 12/19/2017, when I went to go pay my bill on 01/02/2017, I was told to pay $100.30. After calling customer service they apologized for not canceled the other line, and told me to only pay $58.30 on my account, and my phone would be back on in 15 mins. I waited an hour, it was not back on. I called custoemr service again, they told me to wait an additional hour, once again my phone was not cut back on. I called a total of 13 times. The system will not allow me to talk to a custoemr service rep anymore. I also had reps yell at me, and hang the phone up in my face. I never once raised my voice nor cursed at them. This service sucks. I would rather pay $99.00 for unlimited with T-Mobile or AT&T before dealing with Cricket again. They have lost my business.

• Th
    TheMommason Nov 23, 2009

Where to file complaints against this "company"
    FBI.gov
    finra.org (as LEAP Communications)
    Your state's Consumer Protection Department/Agency AND the California Department of Consumer affairs
    FCC (if they have no FCC license they can not continue thier abuses
    Federal Trade Commission - 1877-382-4357
    Department of Labor - (must have something to hide if they are trying to get me fired from this agency (which bahahah I don't work at) for making a comment on the President of LEAP Communication that theyare a Federal Contractor and maybe in need of a DOL Compliance review)
    The LEAP President's office number is 858-882-6304 (they only call you back to threaten you)
    File a police report if your issue involes illegal and fraudulent charges
    I liked googleing the Board of Directors and telling them about the ways in which this company stole from me.

• Ke
    Kelly1976 Feb 24, 2010

Also, beware if you are using a credit card to load money on your phone. I was down to my last $4.02 on my card. I called *729 to add $3. Well, tax and all it was $3.31. Went through the steps, my transaction was denied. Tried again for $2. Again, denied. Finally, I called my credit card company. THEY informed me that Cricket will deduct $1 out of your account first, THEN the amount you want to add, thus, causing my transactions to deny and a total of $2 that has beend deducted and will not be added back to my card for 24 hours. I called Cricket, got some foreign customer service rep who advised me that I must have at least a $1 a day on my account to use the phone. Something I am well aware of and bypasses my question of WHY was I not informed of this upon obtaining this paygo account. Finally, I said a few choice words of disappointment and hung up.

• Se
    Secret Shopper Apr 09, 2010

I first subscribed to cricket because they were the cheapest and i didn't have to worry about commitment. After being a costomer for about 5 or more years my wife dropped her phone in the toilet so i called and inquired about another phone. They agreed to credit my bill for the purchase of a new phone . Great ! i thought. BUT when trying to get them to honor the credit it was a whole other alphabet ! even though all the records pulled at the local office the MAIN office claimed they told my i had to REQUEST this credit within 7 days after 3 or 4 days of calling and complaining by me and managers of local store they reluctantly credited my account . it was spread over several months. as much as this p!$$ed my off i calmed down and let it blow over. After this several months went buy and i found myself drawing unemployment and i know everybody has it hard right now but what they did to me next took the cake. unemployment office had some serious errors in their system and that caused my family to go with NO MONEY! for the entire month of JAN. we were unable to pay our phone bill for the month and told my wife " Goos thing we have no contract" WELL CRICKET COMMUNICATION or www.mycricket.com was so kind and understanding that they turned off my service (to be expected when you can't pay the bill) and continued to bill me for the service and i was told that was the fee for them to not sell my phone #'s to someone else. I tried to explain to them that this was due to no fault of my own and was anyone willing to talk about a reconciliation of the matter and i was told it was Policy.
    Cricket Communications WWW.MYCRICKET.com is the worst customer service of any company i have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. and my entire professional carrier has been dealing with company's and their customer service shortfalls. If cricket was the last service provider on the planet i would have to resort to smoke signals

• Db
    D. Bos of Baltimore Nov 20, 2010

IF YOU ONLY HAD A DOLLAR TO PAY TOWARDS YOUR CELL PHONE BILL, YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE A CELL PHONE... YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT!!!

• Pa
    patelini Aug 03, 2011

I am so tired of dealing with this company!!! Back in February 2017 I went to cricket to by a new phone and ended up getting a Android. After a few days the phone began to freeze up on me every so often. I didn't think much about it and continued with the phone for several months with the occasional freeze up. Then out of no were the phone screen went blank and I could no longer access anything on my phone. I went down to the cricket store a few times to resolve this with no success, and well ended up getting a new phone. I had lost all my messages, contacts, pics, etc. I tried to talk to my local Cricket office here in Las Cruces, NM to try and get a phone call and Message list so I could try to retrieve some of my contacts off of it. I was told to call the 1800cricket number to get access to that information. NEVER in my life had I had to deal with a American company like this one who their Customer Service do not :
    1. Know what they’re doing,
    2. Don’t understand what you are saying,
    3. DON’T SPEAK OR UNDERSTAND ENGLISH VERY WELL,
    4. Who do not have the ability to access phone number information from your phone number.
    5. Very rude customer service all the way around.
    I will be changing my cell phone carrier and will never deal with this company again. I really hope Cricket can get their stuff together and realize that what make this company are the customers who pay for their services and not make it SEEM like WE THE CONSUMERS are doing them a favor.

• Un
    UNHAPPY!!! May 24, 2012

I paid 2 days early on my prepaid broadband internet service with Cricket. For 15 days after that I had no internet service. I had been using it for 8 months. I called 800cricket and spent many hours, and many phone calls, on many different days to Cricket's technical department. They said it was their problem but could not fix it. I told them to cancel my account, and was told they wouldn't as it was a prepaid account. I had paid the monthly charge, 50.00, on March 7, 2017 with my Mastercard, so I called Mastercard and told them I was disputing the charge as I had no service since the day I paid it 2 days early. Cricket did not protest the credit that Mastercard issued to my account and Mastercard told me in writing that the conditional credit they had granted me was not permanent. Cricket issued a 25.00 credit for no service, and showed that I owed 25.00 for the nest month (April, but changed my monthly billing date back to the two day early payment date in March, instead of the original date it should have been, thus cheating me out of two days of the monthly service. After paying the 25.00 on April 9, 2017, I still had no service so I called Mastercard again to dispute the 25.00 payment. Same thing happened. Cricket did not dispute credit and it became permanent on my account.

Now Cricket says I owe them 85.00+ which is 50.00 for March, 25.00 for April and service charges for no payment. Out of those six weeks I had internet service intermittently for a few days. One day I would have it, the next day no service.

The chargeback manager asked me yesterday if I had requested credit. What a laugh, try to talk to anyone that knows what is going on with your account and they don't exist. Yes, I asked for credit, yes, I asked them to cancel my account. Was told it couldn't be done, but after hours and days of phone calls to the technical department, they did issue 25.00 credit, which has now gone away. I was also told that Cricket never answered requests from banks (MasterCard) about chargebacks to Crickets account by the banks.
    Must be too numerous to respond to, or maybe both, English as a first language, employees were busy working with the President of the company.

I am filing a complaint with the FTC as soon as I am through writing this. I hope someone will join me in suing this company and make them understand, this is America, not India, not China, and we have laws to protect our citizens from fraudulent business practices.

horrible company

I went in to the pine bluff cricket store here in arkansas. I asked if my home address would be covered with their internet service. They assured it would be. I got the device home and it wouldn't let me use it stating that it could not be activated. I called 1-800-cricket and they informed me that I would have to take it back to the store to re-program the device for windows 7. The next day I took it back to them and they reprogrammed it. I came on that night and it still did not work so I once again called 1-800-cricket. They told me that if there were no blue signals on the modem, that I did not get coverage. They then zoomed in on my address and said that there was not coverage in my area. I took the modem back the next day so as of right now this is my 3rd visit to the store and like my 7th call to 1-800-cricket. They gave me back the money for the modem but would not refund my money for the activation fee. It was never activated. They stated that if the modem was not brought back the day it was purchased they could not refund the activation fee. I stated that I thought it was "###" and I was asked to leave the store. I left and called 1-800-cricket again and they told me to go back to the store, use their cricket phone there to call customer service where they could talk to the store manager. That I had the right to get my moeny back because they told me I would have coverage and I didn't. When I went back to the store, they told me someone was on their phone adn it was 10 minutes to closing and told me that there was no point in contacting anyone because what the store manager saids, gos. I was so freaking mad. I think that the store in pine bluff staffs rude people that don't care. I didn't see not one of them smile in the 3 visits I went to. I hate cricket. My mom went and got the service 2 days after I did and now she is having the same problem. I feel like cricket is getting away with screwing people.

took money and never provided service

I purchased a Cricket paygo prepay phone on November 28th, 2009. I called the customer service number to activate and gave them my credit card information to process a $75.00 payment for two months of prepaid service. The money was taken from my account the next day, but the phone didn't work, I kept getting an insufficient funds voice message. When I called customer service, they said they had no record of my payment. I gave them the confirmation # that was given to me when the payment was made and told them the money had been taken from my account. They said they needed to do a payment research request and that I would have to provide proof the money had been taken out of the account. They gave me a fax number to send in the documentation. The fax number would never pick up so I called again. They said I would have to drive to a Cricket full service store and have them fax the documents. To make a long story short, after multiple calls and speaking to 4 different supervisors on different occasions, having the store fax the proof the money was taken from my account, it is now January 2nd, 2010 and they still can' find my money and the phone still doesn't work. How a company can function when they take people's money and then lose it and won't do anything to compensate, or make good on the problem is beyond me. Don't use Cricket paygo it is a scam. I don't know if I will ever get my $75.00 back.

autopay, still cut off for no pmt, 10$ unknown fee

I purchased a Cricket Broadband card in November. When I got my paper bill for the next months service I went to MyCricket.com and set up paperless billing and autopayments. This week I realized my broadband wasn't working so I got online from my iPhone and looked at my account. It said it was suspended for nonpayment and I couldn't get into account management until I paid the full amount of $82.48 (which is for 2 months of service). As mad as I was and as fed up with Cricket as I was, I went ahead and made a credit card pmt online but the charge came out as $92.48. I still can't get into my account to see if they got me set up on autopayments or not. I would like to know what the $10 difference is all about. I don't want to keep the autopayments on the account because I bet they will double bill me for the service I've already paid for but can't get into my account to cancel.
If they have a live person you can talk to on the phone I haven't been able to find out how yet.
Scam, rip-off, fraud? Which of these categories fits Cricket best?

lack of service

i purchased the new cricket broadband modem, the green and black one, for $125.00 total, including activation.
the first month was free, but after the month expired, i had to pay $46.00, six dollars over the $40.00 a month i signed up for.
at first i thought the service was good, but then i noticed that down load speeds had gone from 50-70 kbps down to a measley 9 to 13 kbps. i used every antivirus program available as freeware but still had the problem. i went to my local cricket sales location, and was informed that i was over my limit of 5 gb for the month. which i thought was funny because i signed up for cricket unlimited broadband. the sales rep said and i quote "the service is unlimited, we didn't cut it off when you went over the 5 gigabyte limit, we just slowed you down". "if you want to upgrade to our premium package of $70.00 per month you will have faster downloads and up to 10 gigabytes limit". so i paid the $78.00 and when i got home i truly had faster speed. the file that was down loading at the time at 11-12 kbps started downloading at 150kbps. i thought that was great!! the next day i was down to 35-40 kbps, and the day after that i was back to crickets magic range of 9 to 12 kbps. There is no way on earth that i used up 10 gigabytes in two days. i checked the usage log on the cricket device and it read at 3.27 gigs, after i added up all the bytes. as soon as i can i will be quitting the cricket service. i am thinking about switching to cincinnati bell zoomtown. if anyone has zoomtown please e-mail me your thoughts of that service. thank you. [protected]@gmail.com put zoomtown-user in subject line. thank you.

sucks

Tried twice to get $50 rebate, but they keep giving me the old run around. Do not fall for there scam!!!
The service is lousy, too. Asa la vista, Criket, consumer's you been warned.

fraud and threats

Where to file complaints against this "company"
FBI.gov
finra.org (as LEAP Communications)
FCC (if they have no FCC license they can not continue thier abuses
Federal Trade Commission - [protected]
The LEAP President's office number is [protected] (they only call you back to threaten you)
File a police report if your issue involes illegal and fraudulent charges

Sooo this company basicaly hit my bank account for not one not two but Three fraudulent charges. They seem to think that I should just bat my eyes and say oh poor me and let them get away with very questionable actions! NOW do they really think that is gonna happen?

I went thru my bank and they are handeling the money side of it but the big issue with Cricket got out of hand when on advice of my bank I called the Cricket company and had them start off by instead of giving me someone that would handle the fraud issue they gave me the Social Security Fraud Hotline. I found others that had also been taken by Cricket and they could not get anyone at Cricket to work with them and thier bank. Then the really last straw was one guy telling me that Cricket would just take any credit card info and not check to make sure it was the real owner because it made it easier to let anyone get phones even terrorist, drug dealers and gang bangers. I was like so your company doesn’t even take a moment to think that someone from a place that you don’t even offer service too is buying 3 phone accounts? It was just screaming something is very very wrong with this company! The harder to understand thing is I haven’t lost my credit card I keep it in a wallet like thing around my neck. I soo don’t do purses. LOL and all my on line purchases are through paypal so it is like okay so how do you have my account info from someone? Then their “contact” with me was threatening they were gonna get me fired from the Department of Labor. (Funny thing I don’t work for the Department of Labor so that little escapade will probly end them up getting a Federal Contractor compliance review which is really amusing to me.) They can’t show me where I have any orders with them that relate to the charges so it is just stinkin to high heavens. Never mind this is a communications company and their corporate number on the web site is a disconnected number! If I had gotten a person that would have taken my information and contacted my bank to assit in catching this supposed person that supposedly used my card would I have had an issue Nope not at all but when a company has a policy of giving fake numbers and not addressing thier policies which IF this was done by someone and not the company it’s self definately need review. I mean one of the guys on thier board of directors owns a Identy theift company so they have to know what they are doing is against everythign a responsible company should do. Okay so rambled there but I am really the wrong person to steal from!

Oh and the police department find them threatening what Cricket THINKS is my job to be a threat not my saying that as a Federal contractor acting very questionably they may need a DOL Federal Compliance review and the DOL doesn’t play they have super fines like there are like 4 major mistakes many employeers make on I-9’s that cost $1000 each! That is called a fact not a threat. A threat is when some snotty little Beyotch calls me and tells me she is going to get me fired! But jokes on her since I don't work for the DOL althoguh the police said I would have had another case against them if I did!

a) I don’t work for the DOL I like any other citizen can call any federal agency and request and investigation into a company with very questionable practices

b) Cricket Communication DID REMOVE ILLEGALY AND FRAUDULENTLY money from my bank account!

c) Acted in a unethical and very suspcious manner by giving out not just to me but to others that have had money STOLEN from thier accounts the phone for the Social Security Fraud Hotline! Warning Warning Danger Danger Will Robbins!

d) Only easy to find number for these yahoos is the number for police to get information on illegal actions with cell phones YES Cell phones apperantly bought with MY and OTHERS money??? Umm I don’t want my name comeing up on some phone a terrorist uses to detonate a bomb do you?

payment at service center not credited for 24 hours

I set up my Cricket phone account and paid extra for pa paper bill that never came. My phone was disconnected, but I paid my bill at a service center and was issued a receipt that stated my phone service would resume in 30 minutes. However, service was not returned in 30 minutes and the automated customer service system will not resume service unless I make another payment over the phone or on line. No live customer service person is available to handle any service problems - unless I make a duplicate. Also, payments made at service centers take an additional 24 hours to post even though it says it will take 30 minutes on the receipt.

payment and rebate fraud

We went into cricket and got a cricket broadband modem which came with a $50 rebate. We recieved a printout...

deceptive practices

Cricket does not give you what they advertise. There service is a joke, you an't even get any bars while...

very poor customer service

Cricket refuses to research information to verify my bill has been misdirected in payments to a false number unknown to me. My bank verifies payments made timely and also deductions from my account for the same phone number. Why can't cricket just check their billing records and clear this up? A refund of more than $300 is due to me and no one is trying to clear this up. Customer service is VERY POOR.

• Ge
    GENE BEARD Jan 28, 2010

CRICKET'S SERVICE IS THE WORST ON PLANET EARTH, MAYBE WORST ON ANOTHER PLANET BUT NOY HERE.
    I PURCHED A $200.oo PHONE THAT WAS DEFECTED FROM DAY ONE, IT WAS DROPPING OFF FIVE TO SIX OR MORE TIMES A DAY. iT BECAME A JOKE AMOUNG MY FRIENDS CALLING ME AND THEY WERE SAYING GET RID OF THAT CHEAP PHONE.
    I WAS MISSING PHONE CALLS BECAUSE THE PHONE WAS DEFECTED AND WASN'T RINGING. THE INDICATOR FOR MISSED CALLS DIDN'T RING ON MISSED CALLS. I RETURNED TO STORE WHERE I BOUGHT PHONE AND SAID I WANTED ANOTHER PHONE TO REPLACE THE DEFECTIVE PHONE THEY SOLD ME...THEY WOULDN'T REPLACE IT AND GAVE ME THE RUN AROUND. I ASKED THEM WHAT COMPANY IN THE USA WILL SELL YOU A DEFECTIVE PRODUCT AND NOT REPLACE IT WHEN IT'S BROUGHT BACK IN JUST A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME???????? STILL GOT THE RUN AROUND AND NO RESOLUTION TO MY PROBLEM.
    I CALLED BBB TO REPORT THIS COMPANY. i FINALLY GOT A PHONE NUMBER TO A SUPERVISOR. THE SUPERVISOR TOLD ME TO GO TO A NEARBY STORE AND THAT SHE WOULD CALL THEM AND TELL THEM TO GIVE ME A LOANER PHONE AND SEND MY PHONE IN UNDER WARANTY. I GOT TO THE STORE AND FOUND THAT SHE HADN'T CALLED {SOME MORE BAD CRICKET SERVICE} BUT I GAVE THEM THE NAME AND NUMBER OF SUPERVISOR AND THEY CALL HER AND I THEN GOT SOME RESULTS. I WAS GIVEN A LOANER PHONE AND WAS TOLD THEY WOULD CALL ME WHEN MY NEW PHONE WOULD ARRIVE. TWO WEEKS LATER I CALLE STORE AND FOUND OUT MY PHONE WAS IN THE STORE AND HAD BEEN FOR SOME TIME, BUT I DIDN'T GET A CALL TO LET ME KNOW. THE REPLACEMENT PHONE IS DOING THE SAME THING NOW...WHAT A COMPANY, THE PHONE IS MADE BY SAMSUNG AND IS A PICE OF JUNK. I'M NOW BACK TO SQUARE ON AND WILL NOT GIVE UP UNTIL I GET A WORKING PHONE.

• Tr
    trix.da.rabbit Jun 03, 2016

Cricket wireless has been our service provider for some time now and although they provide reasonable pricing on plans and phones, their customer service is beyond crappy. Dialing *611 from your Cricket phone connects you to their automated service that consists of a handful of options except for the "Speak to a Customer Service Representative" option. Having to work your way around the automated service is not only time consuming but also very, very annoying. Usually, the automated service hangs up on me, so WHEN and IF i do get to speak with someone (which is usually a rep from billing who i can hardly understand) they are at a total loss when it comes to answering any questions I may have. The only "helpful" information they can give is telling me to go into a Cricket Wireless Store for assistance or to go to the Mycricket.com website, which doesnt provide any support either except for a few common sense FAQ's. It can't be that hard to provide people with proper customer service, could it? Ha, apparently for Cricket Wireless it is!! ... I'm currently in the middle of a mental argument with myself as I type this!! ... I'm switching service providers!
    -- A very angry cricket customer (for now)

obtaining call records

My credit card info was stolen and someone obtained two cricket phones with my info. Cricket cannot give me the call records for the phones without me coming in to a store in person. Please don't give this company your business. Go to their website and I dare you to find the "contact us" link without much digging. One of their customer service operators hung up on me. I would not recommend this service to my worst enemy.

• Th
    TheMommason Nov 23, 2009

You have to slam them on their facebook page to get a call and then tthey threaten you!

disrespectful, unsatisfactory customer service, overcharging customers,

Everytime i get ready to pay a bill or ask a questions i have major problems. The customer service reps are extremely disrespectful, rude, unknowledgeable about the product, numerous mistakes, unsatisfactory customer service. This is the worst company i have ever dealt with! They refuse to let you speak to supervisors when they have clearly screwed up! This company should be sued and put out of business. I'm so fed up, im going to close my account and I would recommend anyone else to do the same. It shoudn't be this complicated. There is noone to complain to. I will find that answer if i have to get assistance from the BBB! Something needs to be done!

• Wa
    wattzlisa Oct 13, 2009

I am right there with you as well... CRICKET IS AWFUL... in every way possible... I will also be filing a complaint and hope everyone else they screwed over does as well.. THEY should not be allowed to be in business... They refused to give me supervisor information.. President of the company information etc... they told me if I wanted to make a complaint I needed to go to their website and go to support, then customer complaints... I have tried that and NO WHERE do I find a link to customer service or customer complaints... GO FIGURE... They know their business practices are shady and they covered all their bases by lessening the ability of disgruntled customers gettting through.. Somehow I think they new that was ALL they'd be dealing with... IMO...

In my case, they refused to fix a phone that DIED completely (not a battery issue) after only 36 days of use... The phone was brand new and they refused to replace it due to a teeny tiny scratch on the back(most likely due to a coin or key scratching it). The scratch was maybe 1/16th of an inch and they said it voided the warranty... They called it NORMAL wear and tear... IM SORRY but miniscule cosmetic issues shouldnt VOID a mechanical problem unless it is obvious the phone is dropped or abused... PHones dont just die after 30 days without being defective to begin with. I will be passing my experience on to as many people as I can.. As well as filing a complaint with the BBB and our AG's office... It is ridiculous that they are getting away with this. HOPEFULLY, they will get what they deserve... to go out of business... I called to cancel and asked for a refund as obviously since thier PHONE is a piece of junk, I wouldnt be needing their service as it was only 6 days into the second month when it died... The rep told me I had to call back 24 hrs after cancellation to make a "request" for a refund. I tried calling back and since my phone was no longer in service it would NOT recognize it and would NOT put me through to a HUMAN... Funny how they have that set up too.. because the day I called to cancel i was able to get right through...

defective phone

cricket class action lawsuit If you have had a bad experience with cricket...please use your computer to...