Menu

M
Author of the complaint
1:56 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In late April, I received a gift card to CrackerBarrel from my neighbor as a condolence regarding the passing of my mother in law. On June 6th, I went to our CrackerBarrel in Prescott Valley Az. and used my gift card to pay for dinner. I was told at that time that there was a -$0- balance on the card. I have to repeat that this was the first and only time I used the card. I did not keep the receipt and instruction card that came with the gift card so I contacted CrackerBarrel customer service to see what could be done. I was given a ticket number 000931. They "cheerfully told me that I had a -$0- balance on the card. I wrote them back saying I knew that and explained the issue and asked if there was anything that could be done. I got no response. I wrote to customer service again and asked about my issue. I was contacted by e-mail by Thom Wilkinson on June 14th. and was asked to provide the number on the card. I did and even added the"pin" number under the scratch off section. I never heard back from him. I wrote my last e-mail to Thom on June 19th. I really feel bad for my neighbor who spent her money on this card. Apparently the store clerk didn't activate it or did not put an amount on the card. I will not go back to my neighbor and tell her that her condolence gift didn't work. That's just not right. There probably is nothing that can be done but, it would be nice to hear it from your customer service department.
Thank you.