Menu
The Cheesecake Factory
reviews & complaints

The Cheesecake Factory
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

226 complaints
8 resolved 218 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of The Cheesecake Factory. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
J
1:50 pm EDT

The Cheesecake Factory - Poor Quality of Service and Food

Hi. My name is Jessilyn Fletcher. My family and I went to your Woodland, TX restaurant yesterday, August 7, 2022. This was a party of 5 with my bill of $159.99. I ordered the Truffle Honey Chicken. One of the side dishes was asparagus. The asparagus was long and skinny like pine needles. I uploaded a picture of my plate and what pine needles looked like. I'm only showing 3 of the asparagus because I eat two of them. I asked the waitress to get the manager because this was unbelievable. The manager was Melanie Armstrong. She was uncaring, cold, arrogant and rude. She said oh well that's what happens sometimes and walked away. I felt disrespected. I spend a lot of money at your restaurant and I have never complained about anything before, so I didn't deserve this type of treatment. This was very embarrassing in front of my family.

Please make sure no other loyal customer gets treated like this.

Jessilyn Fletcher

[protected]

Desired outcome: At first, I thought let it go, but no I won't. I should be compensated for this rudeness and my meal. I also want an apology. No one should be treated like this, especially coming from a Manager.

3:13 pm EDT

The Cheesecake Factory - Flies in the restaurant

on Sunday, July 31, 2022 my group of 7 adults dined in at the Cheesecake Factory at the Santa Anita Mall, Pasadena. Upon being seated, there were flies flying around the table. We ordered our food but could not enjoy the food because we were constantly using our napkins to swing at the flies. We requested to go boxes because of the flies and the discomfort being in that type of setting. It was like being outside eating vs. in a clean, sanitary restaurant. While at the table, we complained to the manager while she brought us the to go boxes. Initially she offered us complimentary cheesecake and gave us all a menu. She returned shortly and informed us that she could only give 3 complimentary cheesecakes. We were all confused - she had originally given us all a menu - we were all affected by the flies. We declined her offer of only 3 cheesecakes and left the restaurant. The receipt number is 0260a - total amount spent was $268.02. I am not sure why there was an infestation of flies, why the manager changed her mind on complimentary cheesecakes. No consumer should have to experience this in any restaurant.

I can be reached at [protected] or [protected]@aol.com.

Awaiting your response.

John McCall, LCSW, ACSW

I

Desired outcome: Refund of our money!

M
3:48 pm EDT

The Cheesecake Factory - Service

We went for dinner last Saturday night Bayshore LI Location. Food was very good. We ordered two appetizers. We were still enjoying the appetizers when they brought out our dinners. There was not enough room on the table for both so they wrapped our appetizers which did not taste as good the next day. Our check came to over $120. You should not be rushing us.

Desired outcome: I'd like a response. I filled out a survey and it was not acknowledged

E
10:52 pm EDT

The Cheesecake Factory - Management

Hi my name is Emily and I was hired on with the Cheesecake Factory about a week ago I started training or the day and today is Thursday I'm on my way to work when I had a blowout on my tire

I called and spoke to the manager on duty because I'm training at a different location then I will be actually working at. I spoke with the manager and she simply stated that I would be busy too much training if I could not make it and then was confused and said what do you mean and she told me to not even bother coming back to work we are talking about maybe 45 minutes late I am devastated and I don't know what to do she is not even my manager my managers are the ones over in a different location I've been studying the miss you like crazy and I have over 20 years experience in the industry so it's not like I don't know or won't know how to do my job I've always wanted to work at the Cheesecake Factory I think this is completely unfair and I don't know what to do I'm just going to go in tomorrow morning to talk to my managers and hope that they understand and let me work there the way that she treated me was pretty much say that if I don't have money I can't work there

Desired outcome: I would like to get my job back and keep it and I would like for this woman to be reprimanded or even let go .She completely did the exact opposite of what the Cheesecake Factory mission statement is and what their values are all about

S
9:46 pm EDT

The Cheesecake Factory - Cheesecake, appetizers

June 27th 2022 7pm

Went to one in Brandon Florida. Ordered 2 Tex mex egg rolls. They were burnt crisp. Ordered key lime cheese cake and it was loose and leaning over in container. Ordered the apple crisp gave me diarrhea and didn’t get the ice cream. Thunder storm so didn’t go back out.

The last time I visited ordered 2 cheesecakes they were not in the bag.

Desired outcome: Would like refund or gift card or something compensation. It’s not the first or second incident.threw rest in trash.

S
12:44 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

couldnt apply summer10 code for $10 off $40 purchase if delivery or pick up...i did pick up store said they couldnt do anything to contact corporate..order number [protected]

7:28 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Tonight I walked off of work because the manager I was working for decided to pull some fast ones on me. I sincerely apologize and this hasn't happened before but I felt seriously violated and I felt like I was even being put in harms way by an authority figure. I am a busser at the Fayette mall Cheesecake factory. I have been doing the same job for...

2:36 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was harassed and touched inappropriately by Natasha Logan as well as propositioned to engage in sexual activity by this manager at the Cheesecake Factory in the Galleria. Apparently she is has a history of offering sex to co-workers and guest for money. I do not appreciate this at all and therefore I am filing a formal complaint. Natasha on serval...

6:20 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We asked fir water in between the dinner one Grumpy Server literally through 3 glasses of eater on our table making noise? water of the food and she was so mad steering at us. We were celebrating my daughter’s birthday didn’t wanna have any bad moments so kept quote without distractions. Ridgedale Mall Mn march 31st 7 pm. Actual Server was okay, this other lady healthiest weight was really grumpy Devkota Family

10:43 pm EDT

The Cheesecake Factory - Horrible Customer Service

horrible service/experience, I place a takeout order when I got home opened the bag, and was missing 3 items, I called the restaurant they keep putting me on hold and after 45 minutes, they hang up, I kept calling no one ever answer, I was charged $71, and didnt get my food, this is the 2nd time this happened, and I let it go, but this time is not happening, I am will put a dispute with my credit card company to stop the payment, horrible customer service they dont care.

5:35 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased $400 worth of gift cards and received $120 (8x$15) gift cards. All with $0 balance. I only found this out when I tried to use the cards at a different location. Called CC corporate and said I would have to go back to the original store where they were purchased and could not help me. So frustrating...

G
10:49 am EST

The Cheesecake Factory - food was soooooo bad, and expensive

i took my wife to cheese cake factory located in freehold, NJ, on December 23rd. for the drinks we ordered lemonade, which tested really bad, i think was made with tab water which is not really great in NJ. then we orders appetizers. chicken wings was so bad, it was so dry, and tested like it was fried and thrown in the oil over and over. cheese burger rolls, was so greasy, and fatty. nachos was not even crispy, and had some of artificial, lumps of cheese on it. the crab cakes were ok.
i was so hungry i forced my self to eat, and my wife also was hungry and she did not want to disappointment me, that she does not like it.
of course we did not finish the dishes.
also to mention that when my wife went to the ladies rood twice, it was back up and so dirty, and disgusting.

after we ate half way, i personally felt that my stomach hurts. WE CALLED THE WAITER WHO WAS REALLY NICE, BUT IT TOOK HIM FOREVER TO COME, THEN AFTER WE TOLD HIM, HE SENT THE MANAGER.
the manager came and she offered free desert, which we could not even accept due the stomach ech we had. we went home and it took us a while to be able to sleep after taking paptobesmo, and milanta.
my name is George mousa
my address is 84 g Manchester court freehold, NJ 07728.
my phone number is [protected] .
response will be very much appreciated

Desired outcome: partial refund

1 comment
Jan 22, 2022 11:11 am EST

You could have accepted the free dessert and asked to have it boxed to eat later.

What is paptobesmo? Are you trying to say Pepto Bismol? What is Milanta? Are you trying to saying Mylanta?

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Braintree Massachusetts Cheesecake Factory New Year's Eve. When I arrive you have a lot of employees standing around dancing. Laughing and throwing their hands up dancing at the small counter with black clothing on. Rollong their eyes and don't want to be bothered. Manager walking around doing more than employees. when I received my order no chicken inside of the order. Hands down never again.

9:22 am EST

The Cheesecake Factory - Dirty

Cheesecake Factory is trespassing people that are not vaccinated. They did this to 30 people in NYC because they did not poison themselves with the vaccine . Eating at this dump full of fatty horrible food is a mistake. This rotten chain needs to be taught a lesson that you do have to show a vaccine card to enter any establishment. What if they required you to show a card that you are of black heritage before you could eat there ?

1 comment
Jan 22, 2022 12:06 pm EST

Stop being ridiculous! First off, Cheesecake Factory did not decide on the vaccine card rule. You can thank your NYC govt. for that. Second, are you not aware the majority of people clogging up hospitals with Covid are non-vaccinated?! Third, your comparison between a vaccination card and being black is absolutely absurd and quite a stretch. You are being overly dramatic. If you contract Covid, please stay home and don't overburden the medical care system since you willfully made the decision to not get vaccinated.

6:01 pm EST

The Cheesecake Factory - Food

I visited the Cheesecake Factory in Brandon, FL Westfield Mall on 10/31/2021. I spent 81.00 including the tip. I ordered Steak Diana to go and asked that it be cooked well done. But when I got home and warmed it up and started to eat, I saw it was so pink on the inside still. I called and one of your managers took the call and I could tell already that he didn't want to hear what I had to say. I told him about the situation and his response to me was to come back and get another one. I live about 25 mins about and was not about to drive back to the mall. Then he said was it still pink after you warmed it up I said yes, then he said I will send you a gift card you will get it in about 6 weeks which I thought was ridiculous to even say but I've waited and have not seen a gift card from Cheesecake. I believe he just wanted me off the phone I feel like if that is not the course of action he wanted to take to resolve this issue he should not have said so. Please refund my money back to my American Express Gold Card.
Tracy was my waiter we sat at 0300-table 303

5 comments
D
5:04 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Zakkiah, K was not and should not be waitstaff. She came to our table and introduced herself, then walked away before asking what we like to drink. Several minutes later, she brought bread and walked away again. no drink order. Several minutes again she came by took drink order, I gave food order too before she could walk away again. Again, several minute...

E
10:07 am EDT

The Cheesecake Factory - cheesacake factory bridgewater commons New Jersey

9/12/21 approx. 4:45 pm Sunday evening I took my family of 4 for dinner,
we ordered dinner after round of appetizers, and 20 min after ordering dinner the waitress came back to tell me they could not provide my selection for dinner. I inquired what the issue was, lack of one item or another? to which she replied no that the manager declined my order to lack of staff. there was a handful of patrons in the location at the time . I looked over the menu again but was turned off by the answer I had received, so I asked for the manager to explain. Paul came over and said that I could order one or the other but it would not be good if I ordered the chicken Marcella and the steak Diana combo. Our order was in already for approx. 30 min so I chose to order a piece of cheesecake because I didn't want my family to have to wait longer and I was turned off by the managers lack of customer service. spent 150 + $ to not even have dinner and couldn't even take off a soda . [protected]@yahoo.com [protected]

Desired outcome: anything would be nice after this terrible experience

4:32 pm EDT

The Cheesecake Factory - Service

Due to the ongoing covid issue we only go out when we can be outside, one of the few places in our area with outside seating is the Cheesecake Factory. We drove a long way to get there after work on Wednesday this week for my birthday. There were 13 empty tables outside and the hostess would not seat us outside - she said they were full outside but they could seat us inside. She was not at all friendly about it - it looked like she hated her job that night. We complained and she said they only have one server and we would have to wait for at least an hour to be outside. With restaurants losing so much business I can't believe they turned customers away. If there were servers inside there could be servers outside too. Very unhappy about the service - it is becoming a regular thing now - bad service everywhere we go. We also do not like to be inside there - way too too too loud inside, music so loud you can't talk to each other.

P
11:24 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I went to the cheesecake factory in Willow Grove. Our waitress was a girl by the name of Nyah. Not only was she rude and completely "not caring", she forgot about my order. I only ordered a sandwich, it was lunch time. It wasn't horribly busy. She walked by our table after about 15-20 minutes she realized my order was not at my table. My friend received her...

D
9:41 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 15-July-2021 My husband and I went to the Cheesecake Factory at North Star mall in San Antonio, Texas ; before going I made a reservation on yelp but when I got there my reservation was no where to be found. We were told that we needed to wait about 25 mins. 25 mins turned in to an hour but that was ok because my husband bought me a purse during the...

The Cheesecake Factory contacts