Costcosweet potato pie incident

D

This message below deals with the Costco located in Harrisonburg, Virginia. The address is 1830 Reservoir Street Harrisonburg, VA [protected]. I noticed that directly before Thanksgiving you had Sweet Potato Pie and Pumpkin Pie. I went into your store the day before Thanksgiving and purchased the LAST Sweet Potato Pie (MANY more Pumpkin Pies were on the shelf and unloaded as well). After Thanksgiving I went in and some more were made, I purchased 2 more. To my eyes it appeared they kept selling them. So a couple days ago I went back in to purchase more. They were out and I was told that more would be made the following day. The following day I found out that they would not be making any more and a manager went out of his way to take a bunch of them and throw them away due to them not being sold quick enough. They still make Pumpkin Pie though... How stupid! Not discounted, not donated, heck not even sold until the expiration. Had I known he would recklessly throw food away I would have considered buying them in bulk. Although found out that the supplies needed to make more are there they refuse to make more. I pay for a membership here. This makes me feel that they do not CARE or try to accommodate their African American customers or customers of other cultures. I do not eat Pumpkin Pie like Caucasians do during the holidays. I am VERY unhappy with Costco right now.