Costco Gas Charges β€” credit card charges

T

On Thursday morning I purchased $10 of gas at my local Costco with my credit card. The following weekend I was paying may bill and noticed my credit card had been charged $150.00. After investigating with both Costco and the credit card company I learned that in order to purchase gas at Costco they preauthorize your credit card for $150 no matter how much your gas purchase is. This amount, plus the amount of your gas purchase is deducted from the available credit on your card and remains there for a least 72 business hours. I purchased my gas on Thursday morning and the preauthorization was taken off my charge Monday night. AT THE VERY LEAST COSTCO SHOULD POST THEIR POLICY OF CHARGING A $150 PREAUTHORIZATION AT THEIR GAS PUMPS.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices