Virgin Mobile USA Logo

Virgin Mobile USA

Having problems with Virgin Mobile USA?

Virgin Mobile USA Customer Service Contacts

611 (Account Services)
729 (Payments)
1888 322 1122 (Customer Service)
1888 999 2321 (Canada)
+1 416 348 1892 (International)
+1 877 877 8443 (Broadband2Go)
+1 888 321 5880 (Assurance Wireless)
6200 Sprint Pkwy
Thu7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sat7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sun7:00 AM - 10:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Virgin Mobile USA Customer Service. Initial Virgin Mobile USA complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Virgin Mobile USA above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Virgin Mobile USA. Discuss the issues you have had with Virgin Mobile USA and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Virgin Mobile USAassurance wireless virgin mobile

Yes I had my phone stolen out of my car it seems hard to try get a better replacement but please help me my number for the assurance wireless is [protected] I need it cut off please can u send my a new one I forgot my pin it wont let me in my name keisha c allen my address is 1622 Eastside ave Nashville tn 37206 please help me with this issue I have no ph to take to work with me I cant believe this

Virgin Mobile USAcustomer service and refund

I purchased a iPhone 11 and after receiving tried to get the phone activated for 2 days. Customer service was absolutely no help with solving the problem so I cancelled my service and decided to return the phone. As we all know they advertise a 7 day refund which requires you to request information online to return purchases. I have completed the form for 2 consecutive days and it has now been 3 days since I received my phone and have received no replies from anyone at Virgin.

It appears the advertisement for returns on all purchases is not honored at this company so I will be required to pursue the matter through my states Attorney Generals Office.

Stay away from this company at all costs.

Virgin Mobile USAactivation of new iphone 7

For the past 24 hours I've been trying to activate my iphone 7 that I got for my birthday and to switch my current phone number over to the new phone. I get so close to the activation step online and then it says "Oops. there's something wrong with our system, call our customer service line."

I'm alone at college, I just want my new phone to work and everytime I call the customer service line, it just gives me information about my phone. NO, I want a real human being to help me. Please someone help me already, this is so dumb waiting around for their online website to be fixed

Virgin Mobile USAunethical behavior and being told to get a new isp for my internet service that I have had for approx 14 years with virgin mobile.

Sept. 2019 I spoke several times with Technical Support over a weeks period. I was informed by them to get a new service because they didn't support mine anymore since April 2019., but my service has continued without interruption since then. When they realized they couldn't return my money my service, the same service, was picked back up for use. If they do not support it how am I using it. They lied. They mistreated me and they want a longstanding customer to get a new ISP. I do NOT wish to get a new ISP for many reasons and should not be forced to. I deserve lifetime service due to the corrupt way of business handling on Virgin Mobile's part. The frustration, the lies and the amount of time that I have had to put into this dispute which got me dismissed from my job. I have not reported this anywhere else but sure will and will LOUDLY if not resolved to my satisfaction quickly. My account number is [protected].

Virgin Mobile USAemployee knowledge of policies at customer service hotline

I have recently been looking into gettting the new iPhone, the website of Virgin Mobile advertises that customers can bring their own iPhone to their plan. I have called the customer service hotline TWICE, each time the representative KNEW I am a current Virgin Mobile account holder (they asked me for the phone number I was inquiring about and my account PIN). Eath call ended with the customer service representative telling me to go into the store to buy the new phone and check the IMEI number on the website to check compatability. While reading the commumity forums I found another current customer asking the same question as mine, "can I purchase/pre-order the new iPhone through Apple and bring the phone to my current Virgin Mobile plan"... the anser to this forum question was that current Virgin Mobile customer CANNOT purchase their phones anywhere outside of the Virgin Mobile website or stores, stating that the bring your own iPhone was exclusively for new Virgin Mobile customers. Why would the customer service representatives from the Virgin Mobile help line tell me to go to the Apple store to check the IMEI number of the new phone I was going to purchase through Apple when the bring your own iPhone does not apply to existing customers, and why is there not a disclaimer on the website that this program only applies to new customers. The proper resolution I would like to see is proper clarification on the website showing who can take advantage of the program AND training for the customer service representative to PROPERLY INFORM their customer on clauses surrounding this program.

Aug 26, 2019

Virgin Mobile UK — complaint

So out of the blue, my monthly bill went from £9.50 to this month at £127 so far... So, " and...

Virgin Mobile USA9 teenagers from usa in canada with non working virgin mobile phones

9 Teenagers stuck in Canada all with Virgin Mobile phones with NO SERVICE!!! This is due to misinformation given by 2 different customer service representatives regarding International Calling add on service (For Canada & Mexico). I Called Virgin Mobile on July 30, 2019 to ask about the phone service while "IN" Canada when my son & his cousins would be vacationing there before heading back to school. I first spoke with Alex who stated that the only way to get service in Canada would be to add International calling to the plan for $5. Throughout the whole conversation I kept making sure that the phone would work while in Canada. I was told, YES it will work as long as I add International Calling. So went ahead and added it. I was even given a $5 credit because I was having issues adding the service online. I logged online to make sure it was added to the account (which it was) but I did not notice that it would not go into effect until 8/21 and I had already ended the call with Alex. I needed it to be active from 8/12 to 8/20. So 8/21 was too late. Called back & spoke with Andrew. Advised him of the situation & that I needed the service active now because the 21st would be too late. He went ahead and corrected the effective date to reflect 7/30 and I would just be charged monthly for the service. In order to add the service right then he took the $5 credit Alex gave me earlier. So, it was like I didn't even receive the credit. From that point, I asked (again) if adding the service would allow my son to be able to use the phone while vacationing in Canada. Again, the answer was yes. Was satisfied & the call ended.

Comes 8/12 (yesterday), saw the kids off at the airport & my son said he'd text me upon arriving in Toronto. Did not hear anything from him as the arrival time came and went. Sent a couple of texts without receiving a response. I didn't hear from him until 3 hours later when he called from the hotel using their landline. All of them freaking out because they have no service what-so-ever! From that point I called Virgin Mobile & spoke with a rep but could not make out her name. After 10 minutes she asked me to have my son call Virgin Mobile at [protected] & they would walk him through the steps to have the phone refresh in order for him to use it in Canada. 2 hours later, my son calls me from the hotel landline stating that it did not work. By this time it was late . So, I just told him that I would contact Virgin Mobile in the morning.

Today 8/13 (started calling at 11:04 a.m.) to see what could be done in order for these kids to, at least, have 1 working phone. Talked with Dianne for approximately 15 minutes. Explaining the situation she finally told me that Virgin Mobile USA does not have international roaming & that the phone(s) would not work in Canada. WHAT?!? After talking with 3 different reps, I finally get the 4th to tell me that International calling is for making calls TO Canada FROM within the USA ONLY. NOT while in Canada. In order to have the phone work in Canada Dianne informed me that he would have to go and buy a SIM card for Canada's network, then call Virgin Mobile Canada at [protected] or [protected] to activate it. Then, he would have to pay for a plan while there. So, it would be $17 for the Canadian SIM card, then $35 for a plan and then an activation fee. Altogether almost an additional $70 for a plan that would only be used for 7 days. Then, upon arriving back in the states, all of them would have to switch the SIM card back to the original & have to get everything reactivated for the USA. I ended up calling the hotel & leaving a message with them because the kids went site seeing in Toronto. Without working phones, there was no way to get a hold of them.

At this point, decided to contact my current provider to see about adding his phone to my plan. First started with a chat session so that I would get everything in written form. According to the rep, if I called the "Port In Department" they could help me get the phone activated & brought over to their network. So after a 3 hour chat session & making sure the account was noted about everything that was happening I ended the chat and then jumped on the phone to call the port in department. After explaining the situation to them...ended up speaking with a total of 4 different people (Marcus: CSR, Sarah: Port In Department, Shi: Migration & Ferdie: telesales) an hour & 20 minutes with them, we ended up doing a 3 way call. My carrier called Virgin Mobile and then I took it from there. This time I spoke with Camille. Again, explained the situation. I asked for the ESN for the phone so that I could go with another carrier since Virgin Mobile USA could not help me. Then, as a last attempt of trying to keep my business they asked what they could do to rectify the situation. I said, "Give me a year of FREE service & I'll not only keep the account open, I'll bring my other phones to Virgin Mobile." No luck. The only thing Virgin Mobile's rep could offer was a free month of service. NOT GOOD ENOUGH for stranding 9 kids in a foreign country without working phones. Then Camille gave me the ESN for the phone. She said she would transfer me to another rep in order for me to get my account number. So, was then transferred to Alex (female). Yet again, I had to explain the situation & give all the information regarding the account. Seriously, I was transferred internally, how many times do I have to give the same information?

Finally, after 20 minutes I got the account number. When I asked for her to go ahead & take whatever balance was due in order to close out the account and have the phone unlocked, the next line was the final nail in the coffin for me to leave Virgin Mobile. Alex informed me that she would have to send the request to the approval department for the phone to be unlocked BUT the phone would have to be "IN SERVICE" for 12 months. The actual phone had to be used for 12 months. Not the account itself (which has been open for 7 years) but the phone. I had the phone replaced in May 2019 for his birthday since he cracked the screen. All the other phones were activated in September of 2018 for the new school year. So, after all that, Virgin Mobile could not & would not unlock the phone. Nor would they be able to unlock any of the other phones due to this 12 month rule. Which meant my current carrier could not activate my son's phone. I asked them if they could get a supervisor on the phone because I know under the circumstances someone could get the approval done. But NO, for some reason because it was not in use for 12 months Virgin Mobile would not unlock the phone. I don't know why because I owe nothing on the phone since I bought it outright from the Apple Store and the contract with Virgin Mobile is month-to-month.

As my current carrier was on the call I asked if there was anyway around this and he said without an unlocked phone, he could not do anything. So, I informed both carriers (7 years with Virgin Mobile & 21 years with Sprint) I was taking my business to the competition. Then, I would lodge a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau and write a letter to each of their corporate offices to let them know how 9 teenagers got stranded in a foreign country without working phones due to Virgin Mobile's CSR misinformation and unwillingness to get approval to unlock a phone due to a technicality. And then I told them I was ending the call. I heard them talking at me as I finally pressed the red phone icon & disconnected the call. And that is how I found myself here writing this.

Kind of funny how Virgin Mobile was a sister carrier with Sprint and that the Virgin Mobile phones use a Sprint SIM card for service & that Virgin Mobile uses Sprint towers. Yet, neither network could help. SMH in utter disappointment.

Photos attached show the call history to Virgin Mobile. Added the screenshot of the Sprint call which was used for 3 way calling. Shows 1 hour 43 minutes total. I would have included a copy of the 3 hour chat session with Sprint but that file is too big to upload. Talk about a waste of time.

9 teenagers from usa in canada with non working virgin mobile phones

Virgin Mobile USAunauthorised credit card charges against pre - paid plan virgin uae [protected]

I registered for virgin mobile sim on 29th June-19 from your stall in a show. It was categorically told that it is an pre-paid sim and you can use whenever required by recharging. I did not recharge at all and only once I tried to top up data with your representative over my app using credit card on 14th august-19. This transction was not successful. Of couse credit card was use instantly for data top up and in no mean to rechage automatically my pre-paid plan. I pianed and surprise to learn that AED 139.65 deducted from my credit card on account of charging my pre-paid plan for which i never requested. How such service being done automatically.
              Really cheating and fraudlent practice in UAE.
              Please advice how to get refund only and of couse in future i will close application.
              Really its very fraudent practice and damaging to VIRGIN, i need refund only.
              I communicate through app but in vain with excuse of no refund policy??

Virgin Mobile USAsim card activation

I ordered a new SIM card for my new iPhone XR that I got from the Apple store because it wasn't compatible with my old iPhone 8 that I ordered from your website. When it arrived, I inserted it and when I went to set it up, I made it to the ICCID screen and typed in the number. I made sure the numbers matched on the SIM card tray and my iPhone, they did. Why did your website let me order the SIM card if it was going to be incompatible with the phone in the first place? Now I have to wait 2 more days to see if this one is compatible. If this SIM card is not compatible either I will be moving to a different cell phone carrier which is a shame because I've been with this company for almost 12 years. I am not a happy customer right now.

Virgin Mobile USAunjustified forfeiting my a/c and stealing my $209

From: kal majumdar,
                  Who am i? A sr citizen, 73 yrs old, a $20/90 day plan member,
                  Virgin mobile 90 day plan phone # which was forfeited : [protected]
                  Home address: 4410 hardenoak ct, lakeland, fl 33813, usa
                  My day time phone # for contacting me : [protected]

This is what virginmobileusa c/s did: they cancelled my a/c and forfeited the balance that was there ($209) in that a/c.

Why did they do so? They did not send me any notification in email that my a/c was due for $20 payment every 90 day. They did not call me in my home phone # which is [protected].

What do I want? Reinstall my old phone # [protected] and deduct the balance from the a/c that had $209

What will I do if the management ignores this complaint?
                  1) i'll go to a small claim court and file complaint.
                  2) contact news media to alert us citizens that virginmobileusa is a bad company.

Virgin Mobile USAvirgin mobile pay as you go

On yesterday, June 27 I was not able to purchase a cell phone with the Virgin Mobile, Pay As You Go (CDMA) Locked. My monthly payment of $55 was made on June 26 and there is a balance of $85 on my [protected] account that has been closed.

When I spoke with the Customer Service representative she said that I cannot receive a refund because I no longer had the Top Up receipt. And refuse my request to speak with a manager. First of all had I known that I would be moving to another Carrier, I would have kept the receipt(s) and not shredded them. Secondly the consumer (I) could only pay cash for the Top Up Card thus only would have the receipt from the merchant t that I purchased the Top Up Card from (could not look back at Debit card or credit card purchases) And thirdly Virgin Mobile change the policy, purchase the Top Up with a card that the consumer (I) no longer needed to keep, because the consumer (I) receive a receipt for the amount that I want to add to the account. And I probably still would have been given the same jargon from the Customer Service representative when I would have said that I kept my Top Up cards for months and discarded the receipts after I purchased the the Top Up card.

I really feel as though the consumer (I) am being penalized for having to move to a another Carrier (after 15+) years with Virgin Mobile (look it up). I also know if Virgin Mobile did not receive payment the usage would be discontinue, hence why I as a consumer kept a balance of more than the monthly payment on the account.

Virgin Mobile is ripping me off Really!

Virgin Mobile USAservice/payment not refunded

I contact virgin Mobile to cancel my service and to stop auto payment before my payment was taken out. This was at the end of May . Then after many phone calls I am told that I can not get a refund for the $50 that They just took from me because of using the phone even though the calls were to them and no one would give me the full information about it. It was little bits of info throughout 7 days. In the end I end up giving them $63.00, and crappy service while on vacation. Even on wifi I was unable to make any calls or get on the internet at the end of May whole in Tennessee. Really??!!!

May 04, 2019

Virgin Mobile — incorrect billing plan not corrected and incurring $overages as result — each month they don't correct the cycle repeats

Virgin Mobile are very good at being robotic when it comes to customer service and follow through. Instead...

Virgin Mobile USAreturn not being processed by virgin mobile usa

I sent back a defective phone on Mar 22, Tracking number 9202090110728944630041.
                        This was sent in your return envelope. It has been 37 days and you still refuse to return my money. I have called repeatedly and have gotten the run around by everyone I speak to. I have been rerouted, put on hold and hung up on. Most recently supervisor "Sam" #AB 15913 (if this is even a real name/number) refused to help further so he rerouted me to "jane" who refused to give her employee number. She also said it was still in transit and pretended to look into it further but eventually hung up on me. I called back frustrated and got a supervisor named ana TB953916 who hung up on me after refusing to help me. Great team you have!

Clearly there is a problem wherever it was scanned in bc no package is still in transit after 40 days. You are ripping me off, I am a long time customer with 3 phone lines with this company. I want my $212.00 refunded from this company.
                        Wendy Luce
                        [protected]
                        [protected]@snet.net

Virgin Mobile USAoutage/network

Just spoke to another customer who has no data due to an outage.
                          My phone was working intermittently 4/8-4/12. Missed calls and texts.
                          Then it went to service disabled.
                          I haven't had service since 4/13/19 and my service was paid for.
                          Today is 4/23/19.
                          I have no money to go with another carrier. Not working. Can't give out my number to do phone interviews. Can't put my number on my resume. Virgin mobile doesn't do refunds on outages. They cannot swap phones due to the outage. Any minutes I had cannot be transferred to another carrier.
                          I had to reach out to the better business bureau. That will take time to research. The virgin mobile escalation team said it's my phone. The virgin mobile chat team says there's an outage. The vmucare team answered a few times and never heard back.
                          Today I reached out to an attorney for advice.

Virgin Mobile USAnetwork-coverage

There has been at for my service since 4/13/19 and today is 4/22/19.
                            8 agents, several emails, chats and the issue has not been resolved.
                            The agents don't even agree with one another.
                            As soon as my bill was paid I was told service disabled. Then I was told it was my device. So I was told I could swap my device. Tried that and no outage in my area.
                            Asked for a refund and told no refunds are done on outages.
                            No service. No phone. Can't make or or receive calls and texts.
                            Can't even call Virgin Mobile.
                            I've been using chat or email to reach them.

Virgin Mobileservice disabled: kansas city

My phone has been working intermittently 4/8-4/13. I've had no service for two days (4/13 & 4/14). Apparently there is an outage in my area. I have no texts after 4/8/19. All my info and contacts are gone. Hopefully it was all saved in my backup email account. I can't make or receive calls. Same with text messages. I can't call Virgin Mobile. I had to go to the Virgin Mobile Community for assistance. If I try to call out I get a message that says "out of area" then my call hangs up. From 4/12 to 4/14 my phone would say "Android is starting. Starting apps." Then went to " Service Disabled ". Now back to "Android is starting. Starting apps." I paid for my service and I have nothing .

Mar 09, 2019

Virgin Mobile — customer service

Contacted account cancellation department because of current problems with Virgin Mobile, spoke to...

Virgin Mobilevirgin mobile doesn't refund me the credit in my account

I cancelled my virgin mobile service in October last year and still have credit $57.12 in my account. This is because I pay the service fee upfront every month.
                                Virgin told me I will receive a check for the refund, but til now I haven't receive any check. During this 4 months, I contacted Virgin mobile 5 times, each time the agent told me the refund will be processed and ask me to wait, but four months passed, still nothing happened.

Where can I complain about virgin mobile or how I do sue virgin mobile to get my money back?

Virgin Mobile USAcell phone

Having purchased a new cell phone, about 6 weeks ago, operating on Virgin mobile USA, I have only been able to make and receive calls intermittently. I have contacted the customer service department several times, but nothing has been done to rectify the problem. On Sunday January 27th, I called again. I was on my land line for 3 hours, during which time I was cut off 4 times. Nobody was prepared to listen to my problems. In the end, I told them that I wished to cancel my contract...to much protestation from them. They refused to refund money which I had already paid for future service, so I told them to forger refund...just cancel ! I received an e mail the following day saying that my contract had been cancelled...and my next payment would be applied to my credit card on February 10. I spoke to my credit card company about this, and they will be giving me a brand new card, so that Virgin will be unable to charge me.