Yahoo! Voice / terrible service!

Yahoo voice automatically charges my debit card $2.99 (yes, 3 bucks) a month for my phone number and incoming calls. I have had funds on that card. On the day they tried to bill me, THEY had a problem, yet another company's payment went through just fine. Payments and deposits all month were fine, BUT Yahoo's.

All this month, I got emails saying they couldn't get payment, yet when I SCOURED their website AND called them, I could not make a payment as they do not let you, only automatically by a system that apparently is flawed.

Today, they turned off my phone number & THEN took $2.99 for August, but not September, which is due to be taken TODAY! (I have a small child in the house, I NEED my number WORKING!) Why not any other time last month, who knows?

So, they don't take September's three bucks and re-activate the phone. I used their online support chat for an hour, got nowhere. I called their billing, customer service AND corporate office lines (corp three times), and even sent them my card statement that proved that funds were available then AND now and that they took money at 7:59:18 this morning. Yet, I got nowhere or was shuffled to someone's voicemail.

I NEED my phone, they REFUSE to collect their $3 which is due TODAY, never mind the grace period, and they REFUSE to re-activate it. One mentioned that I'd have to wait a MONTH! All because THEY could not collect a MEASLY $3 which was available and still is. And apparently they CAN collect it as they did this morning for last month's. On a side note, I have emailed them about service problems and bad calls, yet I NEVER received a response nor credit for bad calls (when it eventually connects. (And I have a 10mps line btw) All I want is for them to take their THREE lousy bucks and turn my number back on IMMEDIATELY as it never should have been deactivated!!! And I SHOULD get some form of token credit or something for my several hours of time wasted on this issue, enormous amount of frustration, calls missed and dollars lost as nobody can call me now. Not to mention my daughter started school today and what if there is a problem?

If this is not fixed today, I will file a lawsuit (hopefully a class action), advertise competitors, alert my millions of subscribers and become a Google affiliate. All I want is for them to properly collect their $3 and provide decent service.

Beware people!

Va

Comments

• Ya
      16th of Mar, 2009

THIS IS THE STORY OF YAHOO PHONE IN DISCONNECTED FOR MORE THAN 2 MONTHS, KEEP BILLING FOR AN EMPTY NUMBER, NO RESPONSE FROM SO CALLED PRODUCT ENGR. TEAM. AND YAHOO TRANSFERED SERVICE TO A STUPID COMPANY 'JAJAH' . 2 MONTHS THESE PEOPLE SCREWED MY ALL BIZ CONTACTS AND LOST COUPLE OF PROJECTS.
    BEFORE YAHOO VOICE TECH SERVICE WAS VERY ACCESSIBLE. NO MORE YAHOO PHONE. JUST SKIPT TO SKYPE (it is some what better). If you have the same problem and taking any leagal action, pls. let me know asap. thanks.

Aya: Hi, you are now chatting with Aya.
    Aya: Hello. Thank you for contacting Yahoo! Premium Voice.How may I help you?
    customer: my Id: ------------------------
    customer: pls. check the previous chat history, I have not reced. the email of that chat history
    customer: I installed 2.36
    customer: and my phone in still not working
    Aya: Thank you for the information.
    Aya: I understand that your Phone In is not working.Is that correct?
    customer: Before you ask any question that will irritate me, I suggest you to read full histroy of this case
    customer: don't need to ask qustions and just chat to the point
    customer: I 'll wait untill u finish reading
    Aya: Thank you.
    customer: But I can n't bear one single question that you could find from the history,
    Aya: I have checked your past chat history.
    Aya: What I will do now is to escalate your account to our Product Engineers and tag it as a priority case.
    customer: Hope you read the same thing from other 4 agents
    customer: AND I NEVER RECIEVED ANY FIX IN MY EMAIL YET
    customer: THIS IS MY MAIN CONTACT NO. FOR MY BIZ
    customer: Put me to ur supervisor now,
    customer: did u try calling my no.?
    Aya: May I place you on hold for a minute or two?
    customer: I can wait longer if you can fix it
    Aya: Thank you.
    Aya: Thank you for waiting.
    Aya: I have called the number and it is not working.
    customer: trying
    Aya: I suggest that you cancel the Phone In number and we will refund the amount you paid on your account so you can buy
    another number.Would that be okay with you?
    customer: no
    customer: I need this no
    customer: FIX IT
    Aya: I really would like to fix the number for you but that is beyond my support anymore.What I can do is escalate this issue
    so the Product Engineers will be able to fix your Phone In number.
    customer: I don't care about your hiarachies
    customer: FIX IT, if Not I deserve to have the contact info. for the team that will be dealing this issue.
    customer: Because, I've been told the same thing for the last 4 times, every time after hour long chat session,
    Aya: The technical support team that will fix your issue can only be contacted through our tool.I will re-escalate this issue and
    tag it as a priority case and please wait for their e-mail once the Phone In number is working.
    customer: You know your tool sucks for the last 4 / 5 times. I have clear history of all the sessions. And I never recd. any
    reply from 'so called STUPID PRODUCT ENGINEERS'
    customer: Do you atleast know how long before the 1st time I was told the same answer?
    Aya: I really apologize for the inconvenience.
    Aya: I will re-escalate your account after the chat and tag it as a priority case.
    customer: FIX FIX IS WHAT I WANT.
    customer: PUT ME TO YOUR SUPERVISOR
    Aya: I apologize but you can only contact our supervisor through e-mail.
    customer: GIVE ME
    Page 1 of 2
    https://bcvipwc01.rightnowtech.com/Chat/live_tc.jsp?p_db_name=jajah&p_intf_id=1 3/3/2009
    Aya: This is the e-mail address jajah@mailwc.custhelp.com.
    Aya: I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.
    Aya:
    Is there anything else I may assist you with today?
    customer: do you think I have anything else for You when you leave this unsolved?
    Aya: I do apologize for the inconvenience.
    Aya:
    Thank you so much for chatting.Have a great day!
    Aya: Bye!
    Page 2 of 2

• Jj
      27th of May, 2009

I have the same problem. I had the same responses. My 6 friends had the same problem on their accounts. They all had the same responses. Get the picture? Jajah is a rip off phone company. The FCC advised me that I am the owner of the number. Jajah is not permitted to sell that number to another customer. In order to get away with stealing the phone number, Jajah plays this game. But they did it to too many others that I know personally, so we realized what the object of their game is. It is a business experiment. Jajah is trying to discover if they can get away with stealing numbers from their customers, in violation of the new FCC regulations prohibiting that. They don't dare say "drop dead" to their customers, in order to delay any complaints from them to the FCC. They also try to "accidentally" resell the numbers to other customers to create the "hard choice" of which one to rip off. The purpose is to test the new federal regulations and to see how much they can get away with. The penalties are small enough and easy to escape from. The financial advantage of developing the skills needed to get away wth stealing desireable numbers outweighs the losses to any bad publicity or penalties. Jajah seems determined to become skilled at stealing numbers - with the least amount of negative repecussions. That is what their senior staff is busy with and not with reactivating anyone's phone in number. For more details, Please call me at 646-652-7722 to share information. J.