The MSN / Yahoo Lottery Incorporationfake lottery

Dear Sir,
I received an Email stating that I won £860,000.00 (Eight Hundred and Sixty thousand,Great Britain Pounds Sterling)for the month of October 2007, they need my contact no and address for the despatch of the said amount (i.e. prize money), when contacted they says that I need to bare some amount as courier expenses £685 pounds (56,072 Indian Rupee).
When they are giving me so much of amount with out participating in any lottery games why can't they deduct this small some of amount, it seems to cheat some one, I think it will be useful to some one who reads this.

Jayaprakash kolath Dec 23, 2007

I have received a mail from The Msn/Yahho Lottery Incorporation that I have won a prize money for the month of December and told me to contact one courier agency (Fastway courier Service). Let me know these informations are correct or somebody is trying to cheet me.

• Ke
    Keerthika Jan 07, 2008

Hi, I received a mail stating that i won a prize money of Six hundred and fifty thousand, Great Britain Pound Sterlings(£650,000.00) from The Msn/Yahoo Lottery Incorporation for the month of jan 2008. At first I thought its true and later I came to know that its just a fake mail. They will ask for half of the prize money as courier agency fee. Dont believe in such false things which is not true. If u check for the lottry company, u will come to know that it is just a SCAM. So frnds, dont give your any cash or bank details.

• Bi
    BIJU KJ Feb 08, 2008

i agreed this complaing... because i also received same mail two day back with same formalities.. my suggestion is that there has to be a provision to trap these type of cheaters.

Wamr Regards

Biju
    India

• He
    HEMANT KOTHARI Feb 27, 2008

Hello,
    I HAVE ALSO RECEIVED THE SAME TYPE OF MAIL AND I DO NOT KNOW WETHER IT IS TRUE OR FALSE .

IF I WAIT FOR FEW DAYS IF IT FOUND FRAUD THEN I WILL FILE AN OFFICIAL COMPLAINT WITH BRISTISH HIGH COMMAND IN INDIA

BE AWARE

GOD BLESS

• Be
    Benoni Lepcha Feb 28, 2008

Hi,

These scams are increasing day by day, the govt. should look into this matter seriously.

Many innocent and needy people may fall into these cheaters trap.

regards

====================================
    Ref: XYL /26510460037/05
    Batch
    Dear Lucky Winner

This is to inform you that you have won a prize money of 860,000.00 (Eight Hundred and Sixty thousand,Great Britain Pounds Sterling)for the month of march 2008 Lottery promotion which is organized by MSN/YAHOO LOTTERY INC LIVE in conjunction with the MICROSOFT WIND OWS.
    MSN/YAHOO WINDOWS, collects all the email addresses of the people that are active online, among the millions that subscrib ed to Yahoo,Hotmail and various Microsoft window users, we only select five people every Month as our winners, through electronic balloting System without the winner applying.

Msn/Yahoo Lottery Prize must be claimed not later than 20 days from the date of this Notification after the Draw date in which Prize has won. Any prize not claimed within this period will be forfeited.

These are your identification numbers:

Ref: XYL /26510460037/05
    Batch: 24/00319/IPD
    Winning number:YM/09788/60

Our Event Manager will immediately commence the process to facilitate the release of your funds as soon as you contact him. For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential till your claims is processed and your money remitted to you. This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid doub le claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program, Please be warned.

Attached here is the claim verification and f unds release form. You are expected to fill and submit to the event manager.
    VERIFICATION AND FUNDS RELEASE FORM

12. NEXT OF KIN:_____________________________
    13. ZIP CODE:
    14:NATIONALITY:
    15:Your Reference and Batch number at the top of this mail:
    To file for your claim, please fill and submit your verification form to our events manager immediately via email.

(CONTACT EVENTS MANAGER)
    Name:Mr. clem oxbeth
    E-mail:[email protected]
    Contact Number:+447045762808
    Once again congratulations...
    Cordially,
    Mrs.Shina Patery
    Online Co-coordinator
    (Msn/Yahoo Lottery Games/Lottery Coordinator).

Copyright 1994-2007 The Msn,Yahoo Online Promotion 2007 Inc. All rights reserved . Terms of Service - Guideline

sir ,
    i am rwally upset about this is a big fraud!!

• Mu
    munendra Mar 25, 2008

Hello,
    I have recevied the same type of mail and i don't know this ture or false
    Let me know these informations are correct or somebody is trying to cheet me

mani Apr 04, 2008

SIR
    I ALSO RECEIVED THE MAIL...IT'S TOTALLY FRAUD...Y THIS IDIOTIC FELLOWS DOING LIKE THIS...

privesh trivedi May 02, 2008

I have got same email as mentioned in above complaints, when I checked my email account and I found that I have been chosen for such a great amount I was thinking my self most lucky person on this earth, I built a building of dreams but when they demanded app 28000 as a courier delivery fee I sent them an email that I don’t have such big amount, if they want, they can send me the check, after getting the prize money I will pay them their courier charges, there after they called me up, but the person who was on the line he was not able to speak the English, I said that I am not able to understand his accent, then he said two or three sentences and then hung up, now I have understood this is a scams, I have forgot this incident but it gave me a little bit hard time, because I was thinking that after getting the money I would go U S or U K for higher studies and propose to Megha who is my collogue but that’s all right its happen only in India

• Ci
    cindy May 08, 2008

Hi there, I was sending all details as above too on 8th April, but as aditya infomation shows that we got the same ref no, batch n the winning no.. but the differant courier service, the name of the events manager n the lottery coordinator..

I believe this is scam.. how to stop it?

• Do
    Dorothy May 08, 2008

I have already been scammed once and I won't let it happen again. I received one on May 9, 2008 and am checking out everything on it. I check the address, the names and anything else I think is important. I suggest that everyone else do the same.

Macwan Snehal May 10, 2008

i have also recieved same email. so what we can do to complain about this fraud. Please inform me that where should i launch the complain for this fraud email scam.

• Xy
    XYZ May 14, 2008

F***ing ###!!!

• Cm
    CM Verma May 27, 2008

Hello Sir,

Hello,
    I have recevied the same type of mail and i don't know this ture or false. I also mail to the International Cargo Courier Company that I will pay the cash on delivery. But he said I have to send the 40, 000 INR by 29 May 08 on his name for shipment charges after that my cheque will be forfieted and to be returned to yahoo/msn lottery incorporation.
    Pls Let me know these informations are correct or somebody is trying to cheet me

• Yo
    yogesh kumar Jun 09, 2008

dear sir, mere samne ajayen to enki to main maa chod dungaa.bhosdi walon ki.

Pradeep Kumar Behura Jun 12, 2008

Hi,

I got a email from UK Lottery that i have won 552000 pounds before some days so i looked forward for that prize and they also conformed me that i am the winner and to get my prize money first i have to deposit rs.37500 as per Indian currency in the account no they allotted to me so i did as they said but again when they asked me to deposit rs.80000, i started enquirer about there organization and i came to know that its a fake lottery organization

Therefore please help me that how i can get my money back and how can i expose and punish them so that next time they cannot again think of doing this to anyone.

Reply soon

• Su
    Sunil Waugh Jul 04, 2008

Dear ###ers,

If You Find Me I Will ### Your ### Very Hard.
    So This Is Warning To You That Stop This Otherwise Your Mom
    & Sisters Will ### By Indians

Ypur ###ing Friend,

S Waugh.

KAUSTARI Jul 08, 2008

i too have received this particular mail and its surely a spam.

Shraddha Jul 09, 2008

Hi All,

Even i got the same mail yesterday i think its a fraud. so Friends please dont give ur A/c information any how to any such mail

Shraddha Jul 09, 2008

hi to All Once Again, i think if u have note that they r getting our mail ID from another popular site . As i got a mail in that at last was a reference for TimesJob so that itself says that they are a fraud !!! so be safe in taking any step

prashant Kumar Jul 13, 2008

Dear Sir,
    I, ve got a e-mail that I won the price from your organisation and I must send the insurance coast to the fastway courier comapany, I want to confirm this is right information or somebody cheating me.please confirm.

• Ku
    Kuontol Jul 16, 2008

Anjing tuh yang buat organisasi
    Ancurin aja orang2 penipunya

• Je
    Jemmbuuut Jul 16, 2008

Jangan ampe ketipu
    The Msn/Yahoo Lottery Incorporation
    soalnya tuh ada orang yang udah ngirimin no rekening ma no ATM, akhir2nya malah uangnya dia yang abis.

Jadi lu lu pade harus ati2..

Jemmbuuut

• Av
    a.villani Aug 03, 2008

i have also received a similar email and inconsiderately wrote back sending the information requested.

in retrospect and in light of all the complaints on this page, i feel i should have known better!

i just hope none of the people who have replied to the email-including myself are at risk of identity theft.

i have recently been inundated with spam, but the email in question was sent to my inbox, and i wonder if yahoo could/should do better in safeguarding its users!

• Mi
    Milinda Aug 15, 2008

Hi Guys,
    I recived a mail from 14/08/2008 from Yahoo/Msn Lottery Incorperation.They are trying to Cheet me.

Flag this messageYOUR EMAIL WON AUGUST PROMO.Friday, August 15, 2008 1:45 AM
    From: "MICROSOFT WINDOWS DEPARTMENT" <[email protected]>Add sender to Contacts To: undisclosed-recipientsYahoo/Msn Lottery
    Incoperation
    Baley House, Har Road
    Sutton, Greater London
    SM1 4te
    United Kingdom.

This is to inform you that you have won a prize money of Five hundred
    thousand, Great Britain Pound Sterlings(£500, 000.00) for the month of
    AUGUST 2008 Lottery promotion which is organized by YAHOO/MSN LOTTERY
    INC & WINDOWS LIVE.

YAHOO/MSN & MICROSOFT WINDOWS, collects all the email addresses of
    the people that are active online, among the millions that subscribed to
    Yahoo and Hotmail msn, aol, altavista and others online, we only select
    five people every Month as our winners through electronic balloting
    System without the winner applying, we congratulate you for being one of
    the people selected.

You are to contact the events manager on or before your date of
    Claim, Winners Shall be paid in accordance with his/her Settlement
    Centre.Yahoo/Msn Lottery Prize must be claimed no later than 20 days
    from date of Draw Notification after the Draw date in which Prize has
    won. Any prize not claimed within this period will be forfeited.

These are your identification numbers:

Batch number...24/00319/IPD
    Reff number...XYL /26510460037/05
    Winning number...DY

These numbers fall within your Location file, you are requested to
    contact the events manager, send your winning identification numbers to
    him, to enable him verify your claims.How ever you will have to fill and
    submit this form to the events manager for verification & direction on
    how you can claim your winning fund.Our Event Manager will immediately
    commence the process to facilitate the release of your funds as soon as
    you contact him. For security reasons, you are advised to keep your
    winning information confidential till your claims is processed and your
    money remitted to you. This is part of our precautionary measure to
    avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program, Please be
    warned.

THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION SHOULD BE SUPPLIED COMPREHENSIVELY BY THE
    BENEFICIARY OF THE STATED FUND, FOR VERIFICATION BEFORE TRANSFER.

1.FULL NAMES OF BENEFICIARY:
    7.OCCUPATION:
    8.MARITAL STATUS:
    9.NATIONALITY:
    10.Your Reference and Batch number:

The options to receive your winnings are:

1. CASH PICK UP: You can come down in person to collect your funds here
    in the UK (CASH). You will be required to present a valid International
    Passport as proof of Identification amongst other documentation which
    will be required if you choose this option.

2. CASHIERS CHEQUE: This is In consonance with our policy in this
    regard, be advised that if you opt for the cashiers cheque, you are to
    notify this office that we may give you the modalities to deliver your
    winning cheque to your place of residence.

OPTION ONE(1):
    OPTION ONE(2):

DECLARATION:

I...HEREBY DECLARE THAT THE ABOVE DATA ARE TRUE. IN CASE OF
    ANY UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCE, MY NEXT OF KIN HAS THE RIGHT TO CLAIM MY
    TOTAL WINNINGS.(SUPER STANDARD AGENT) SHALL ACT AS MY AGENT IN
    FACILITATING THE TRANSFER OF THE TOTAL FUND TO ME.

DATE--------

(CONTACT EVENTS MANAGER)
    Name:Barrister Thomas N Brown
    E-mail:[email protected]
    TEL:+44 7031 9480 32

Thank you and Accept my hearty congratulations once again
    Yours faithfully,
    Mrs James White
    (Msn/Yahoo Lottery Games/Lottery Coordinator).

Copyright© 1994-2008 YAHOO/MSN & MICROSOFT WINDOWS DEPARTMENT INC. UK.

I want to veryfy This type of mail right of Fake Mail.
    They send the winning no also.

Please i am waiting for youe imediat reply.
    mili

karan Aug 15, 2008

Incoperation
    Baley House, Har Road
    Sutton,
    Greater London SM1 4te
    United Kingdom.

ATTENTION: SHINDE KIRAN ARJUN,

Accept our sincere apology, for the slight delay in responding to your mail, it was an outcome of the processing of your winning documents.
    We wish to congratulate you once again on this note, for being part of the 5 winners selected every month.The Microsoft Windows Live felicitate with you and your family.This promotion was set-up to encourage the active users of the Internet Microsoft Windows.

Hence we do believe with your winning prize, you will continue to be active and patronage to the Yahoo/Msn & Microsoft Windows.I wish to formally announce to you that you have successfully pass the requirements, statutory obligations, verifications, validations and satisfactory report Test conducted for all on line winners.

A winning cheque has been issued in your name by the Yahoo/Msn Lottery Incoperation board and also a certificate of prize claims will be sent along side your winnings cheque.

You are therefore expected to contact our affiliated delivery company(INTERNATIONAL CARGO COURIER COMPANY)department in which your winnings cheque has been sent to for delivery to your residence.

Do contact the Inter-Cargo Courier company with the below contact information for further instructions on how to send the consignment to your location and the amount to be charged for the delivery.

Please you should also send a copy of your winning verification form containing your winning details down to the courier company for reference and verification purpose.

INTERNATIONAL CARGO COURIER COMPANY
    YOU ARE ADVICE TO CONTACT ADDRESS BELOW.

EMAIL:[email protected]
    DESPATCH OFFICER:Mr.Robbert Willson
    Telephone Number:+447045762821

The Yahoo/Msn & Microsoft Windows lottery has discovered a huge number of double claims due to winners informing close friends relatives and third parties about their winning and also sharing their pin numbers. As a result of this, this friends try to claim the lottery on behalf of the real winners. The Microsoft lottery has reached a decision from headquarters that any double claim discovered by the Lottery Board will result to the cancelling of that particular winning, making a loss for both the double claimer and the real winner, as it is taken that the real winner was the informer to the double claimer about the lottery. So you are hereby strongly advised once more to keep your winnings strictly confidential until you claim your prize.

This office will not be responsible for any outstanding fees. Services rendered by the Courier Company are to be paid by you and not the lottery board, for the fact that the lottery organisers didn't make any provision for any upcoming expenses, regarding delivery of parcel or any such.

Have it in mind that your won prize cannot be deducted from, this is because the total amount has been insured to the real value .This is to protect winners and to avoid misappropriation of funds.

Its isrequire a concise update on proceedings with the firm as soon as you are in contact with them.If you need any assistance whatsoever, please do not hesitate to let me know.Do have a nice day.

Best Regards,
    Mr:Peter Touch
    (Events Manager)
    Payment and Release Order Dept Expected that you add your IDENTIFICATION NUMBERS as the subject of any correspondence with the courier company to ensure they respond in a timely manner

is it true?

• Ei
    Eileen Punjabi Aug 31, 2008

Hey people out there, I too recieved a mail stating that I had won a prize of 500, 000.000GBP, at first my kids ver very excited, but I told them not to be very happy as this could be a scam.They corresponded with me right till the part where the courier company had to send the delivery.Since we asked them to produce a proof of the winning cheque they stopped sending messages!CAN SOMEONE STOP THESE MOTHER###ERS?DONT THEY HAVE ANY BETTER WORK TO DO WITH THEMSELVES?THEY SHOULD BE JAILED AND THE KEYS THROWN AWAY AND MUST BE MADE TO SIT WITH HOT RODS UP THEIR ### SO THEY WILL NOT DO THIS TO ANYONE!!THEIR ### SHOULD BE PEELED LIKE BANANAS AND FED TO THEM.

kanwal Sep 10, 2008

these peoples are giving bad names to yahoo & microsoft companies. i thank Yahoo & microsoft will take action against these people

• De
    Deepak Jain Sep 17, 2008

This is True of False, Somebuddy tell me ?????????

Regards

Deepak Jain 94140-76190
    Jaipur

• Sc
    scorpion Sep 26, 2008

Hey u fools listen clearly next time if i get any mails stating like ah lottery hey lottery winner i am going to bang u...who all got any mails like lottery winning..delete the mails and better work for ur own bread and butter...these are cyber crimes and the federal law should take a immediate action and catch them who make everyone fools and some even become mad...

• Ed
    Edwin Oct 14, 2008

I too have received this email and must say these guys are not going to go away until we come up with a plan to bring to justice. I know your are reading this (our goverment). We need your help here to do what ever it takes to get these people and make THEM PAY.

• Ns
    nsreddy Oct 19, 2008

sir,
    just now i received the same mail which offering a huge prize money

it is fraud

• Ns
    nsreddy Oct 19, 2008

sir,
    i receive the same mail today
    it is fraud mail

• To
    touche Oct 24, 2008

To whom it may concern:

I just received the same email from the Msn/Yahoo lottery Incorporated. Just as how the rest have been given as written above. I just need advice what to do about this. Since partly I'm pretty much curious and concerned. Not too many times have I won instant prizes like these.

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks.

KAHLA Oct 29, 2008

CONFIRMATIONS OF WINNINGS(CONTACT EXCEL GLOBAL EXPRESS COURIERS)
    [Discutez !] Yahoo Lottery <[email protected]>
    [Discutez !] Yahoo Lottery <[email protected]>
    AfficherMercredi, 29 Octobre 2008, 12h44mn 33s
    À :KAHLA JAMEL <YAHOO PROMOTIONS
    (Thanks for contributing to our Financial Success)

FROM: THE DESK OF THE CLAIMS DIRECTOR,
    INTERNATIONAL PROMOTIONS / PRIZE AWARD DEPARTMENT,
    REF: YAHOO6/315116127/27
    BATCH: 15/623/UK.
    Registered Lottery No 220949 [email protected]>

KAHLA Oct 29, 2008

Yahoo! Co-Operation Online Winner!!!
    [Discutez !] Yahoo! <[email protected]>
    [Discutez !] Yahoo! <[email protected]>
    AjouterMardi, 28 Octobre 2008, 23h18mn 45s
    À :
    LondonUnited Kingdom

We happily announce That the draw (#568) of Yahoo Online Lottery Raffle
    Draw. Your e-mail address attached to ticket number: 883734657492-5319
    which subsequently won you the Yahoo Financial Promotions cash Prize.
    You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of Pound;1, 000, 000
    One Million Great Britain Pounds Sterling) in cash credited to file
    KTU/9023118308/03.

To file for your claim, please contact our
    Claims Agent:Yahoo Claims Dept.
    Email:[email protected]

VERIFICATION FORM.(Fill and send to the Claims agent).
    1.FULL NAMES:

Mrs Tichina Britlin
    Yahoo Official

proshant Nov 01, 2008

dear sir,

i also got the same fraud mail.I don't know why they do like this.
    So, my request is to alert everybody who may be fall in the same trap.If they aware about it then sure they will not send the personal details to them.

shankar Nov 02, 2008

yess these msg r truely fake
    so don't give any details to that frauds who conduct these lottory events

• De
    deval godhaniya Nov 05, 2008

Hello,
    I have recevied the same type of mail on 2nd november and i don't know this ture or false
    Let me know these informations are correct or somebody is trying to cheet me,
    i have complete VERIFICATION AND FUNDS RELEASE FORM but not answer reply.
    give me information in detail fast.

shoaib shaikh Nov 06, 2008

i got this mail yesterday is this true
    if its true its ok
    but if its not true maa chod dunga salon ki

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices