Menu
Yahoo! Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Yahoo!
reviews and complaints

www.yahoo.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.3 1521 Reviews

How responsive is Yahoo!'s customer service?

112 Resolved
1403 Unresolved
Very poor 🤒
We don't know much about how Yahoo! handles customer complaints outside ComplaintsBoard, but what we see here, on our website, is quite disappointing. We think there might be reasons for the company's actions (like not knowing about the complaints), and we would be happy to see them among customer-focused businesses that easily solve customer problems. But until that happens, we ask reviewers to be cautious when dealing with Yahoo! and using their services, and to carefully read the experiences of other customers on ComplaintsBoard, because who is warned is armed, you know! 💪
Verify
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Yahoo! reviews and complaints 1521

11:23 am EST

Yahoo! news article ethics

wtf Yahoo!

2/3/2017

#1 You have news articles on your home page that are total BS opinion pieces run to look like actual news. Even the main source of the story, on Huffington Post has removed the story from their website.

#2 Please explain to me why you have an uncensored image of the naked statue of President Trumps penis, yet you censor the video of Britney Spears wardrobe malfunction; in which she has a tiny nip-slip? Explain this to my children.

G
12:20 pm EST

Yahoo! yahoo email [protected]@bellsouth.net

My Bellsouth.net account was taken over by Yahoo a couple of years back

I have been receiving my e-mail in Outlook 2013 from 2 different email addresses with NO problems until yesterday
My email address is [protected]@bellsouth.net

Now Yahoo let the security certificate for pop.att.yahoo.net expire and I can send emails but can NOT receive them from the POP server. If I go to the Web access I still can receive e-mails and I can still receive emails from my other e-mail corporate address ...so
Is not Outlook problem
Is not an internet connection problem
is not a password problem

I called ATT-Uverse for technical support(to who I pay $300 a month for various services) who them narrowed the problem to Yahoo and gave me Yahoo technical Support
I called [protected]. First responder somehow got disconnected, 2nd told me I had to pay $100 for them to come in my computer to reconfigure my e-mail
The problem is narrowed down to changes implemented in the POP server without my knowledge. When I ask the Indian technical support to help with this issue CAUSED by Yahoo, without explaining the solution and what he is to do, he first ask for money.
I expect a resolution to this problem. I refuse to believe Yahoo implemented network changes to extort money from users.

R
11:01 am EST

Yahoo! yahoo mail

Spam does not work. I am harassed 2-3 daily by these emails:

— =_alt_[protected]_= content-type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Duluth trading for women
— to view this
Email, please click below.
Http://link.duluthtradingemail.com/t.d?lql4wbr7qdpir0wt7lgaanyeogfyqecz30gggzn7ou81vimvny5nhkt4ydnwekg6jfl_mgolra32wth9okoenpuv4dezjx5uycek5mlmvktvno3pnqdafd6kzr-dcfci.enc&msgversion=web
Customer service
— need help with
An order? have something on your mind? email: [protected]@duluthtrading.com
Call: 1.866.301.8553 please do not use your email's 'reply' function. we do not
Monitor this address. be sure you don't miss out on email-only deals and
Contests by adding our email address, [protected]@duluthtradingemail.com, to
Your address book or "safe list."
— to
Unsubscribe, edit your email address, or update your preferences click here:
Http://link.duluthtradingemail.com/u.d?wygjrcvbkqsrdt9qegb=0&s=hamzaghalibouchibett@yahoo.com&processor=page&src=e60121ww9&ym_2mid=1636109&ym_2rid=6522160&mboxsession=e60121w-9996522160
— =_alt_[protected]_= content-type: text/html; charset=us-ascii

New government policy:
Confiscate your ira and 401 (k) to bail out your bank

— =_alt_[protected]_= content-type: text/html; charset=us-ascii

more ways to oomph your assets!

ease into our new lightweight longtail t shirt + free
shipping with your $75 order!

view online

women's sale

free shipping on $75 orders*

share code:

color

two new styles to fit you through every
contortion of your day!

sure, you can wear ’em as you twist
yourself into a pretzel at yoga class.
but – just as the name suggests –
hyper-flexible, majorly durable noga™
knits are built to take on challenges
far more demanding than a downward dog
pose. which is to say, everything you do
during your day!

longtail t® shirts

free swingin' flannel

new arrivals

keep up with duluth

need help with an order? have something on
your mind?
call [protected] or email us at:
[protected]@duluthtrading.com

add [protected]@duluthtradingemail.com
to your address book or "safe list" to
ensure delivery. please don't use your
email's "reply" function. we don't monitor
this address.

this message was sent to:
[protected]@yahoo.com

unsubscribe
update
email preferences

*offer notes: click on any link
from this email to start shopping or call
[protected] and mention promo code
"e60121wp" to get free shipping on orders
of $75 or more. $75 minimum order requirement
applies to the order total before taxes, shipping,
gift packaging and gift cards. valid on domestic
standard delivery only. email subscribers
(that's you, smarty pants) receive our very best
deals, promotions and special offers. so how can you
get even better offers than best? you can't! so
please understand, email offers are not valid in
combination with any other offers. not
valid in combination with other offers, for use on
prior purchases or purchases of gift cards. offer
expires at 11:59 p. m. ct on january 22, 2017.

© 2017 duluth trading company

170 countryside drive, belleville, wi 53508

view online

s

— =_alt_[protected]_= —

4:34 am EST

Yahoo! mail screen

I hate your shrunken down, miniscule opening email page. You have a 4 inch wasted border at the top, that annoying slow to download ad in the center that slows down the entire mail page process, and the stupid settings page that pretends to save your choice but does not. I want the basic email page that has nothing on it but my mail. Period!

I canceled an email account I had with you for 20 years. I opened this one. This one is soon to bite the dust if you can't fix these issues!

G
2:22 pm EST

Yahoo! news

I noticed your lead story was "World Leaders Concerned About Trump's Muslim ban". This is ridiculous. Trump is not banning Muslims or any other religious group. There is a "temporary" ban on refugees from "countries" where there is a significant amount of terrorists until we can come up with a vetting process to reduce the chance of allowing someone coming into our country that wants to harm us. If a refugee that has not vetted moved in as "your" next door neighbor I seriously doubt you would not have some concerns. The fact that most of these countries are predominantly Muslim is a fact because the terrorists are radical Islamic terrorists that have a warped view of Sharia law. PLEASE REPORT AS MANY FACTS AS YOU DO SIMPLY REPORTS THAT HAVE BIASED AGENDAS.

N
10:54 am EST

Yahoo! yahoo email lagging, crashing, slow, and ad riddled

The link Yahoo sent me when I complained only tells me how to hide some of the ads. Hiding the ads dos not stop them from loading; i.e., the processes that are causing lag to my computer from all those 3rd parties loading up are still the problem. I watch the "waiting for..." messages in the lower left corner of my computer screen while I wait for each letter I am typing to show on the screen, or while I wait for refresh, or while I wait to open a new email, or...
It is awful. I do not have these issues with other email service providers. Only Yahoo. They are bogging down their whole service and I am not the only one that complains! It is one thing for ads to appear on the side bars...I can ignore them. But when they take priority over every function I am trying to do in Yahoo, maybe it is time to consider migrating to a more user friendly service. Yahoo must fix this or they will be witnessing a mass exodus of users that have been with them for decades. Me included. This last merger of their was a disaster.

5:58 am EST

Yahoo! yahoo news

Why in the world would you include such a blatantly ridiculously biased article as this
PLEASE stop
Politics
Donald Trump's Profound Laziness Is Already on Full Display
gq.com Mon, Jan 23 6:27 AM PST

There is too much of this kind of crap without you propagating it.
You are obviously anti-Trump, but this is too much.

B
12:24 pm EST

Yahoo! my iphone and yahoo's unwillingness to help

Since the data breach of Dec 14 I am no longer getting emails on my #4 iphone. I h ave paid people to try and help, been to the apple store that tells me it is a yahoo problem and I have been unable to deal wit this any longer! None of your web pages I've seen even mention this problem/.

The prompt I get is "CANNOT GET MAIL
The connection to the server failed. OK"

That's it. No clue what to do or how to get help. Rummaged through hundreds of your on-line pages and none seem to address this anomaly.

Oddly enough, my standalone computer is fine but I'm ready to just cancel anything to do with Yahoo and open a G-mail account instead. I"ve used your service from the beginning and find this incredibly frustrating because I like to be loyal to Yahoo. I could never get you to recognize my account as [protected]@yahoo.com as you kept insisting it was "bspielbe" but I was able to work around that glitch.

8:36 pm EST

Yahoo! contacts do not stay deleted

I have Windows 10. Processor : Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU 2020M @ 2.40GHz

Memory : 6026MB(1600)

Mother Board : Portable PC

Windows Version : Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Why is it, on my contacts in Yahoo mail, every time I delete any when I go back to my mail they are still there even though I have not sent them anything or they to me? Anna Ruth Baldwin

Update by Anna Ruth Baldwin
Jan 23, 2017 8:38 pm EST

It is still doing it.
Anna Ruth

9:25 am EST

Yahoo! email system compromised

Email ID - [protected]@yahoo.com

I have noticed that my email may have been compromised, for unknown reasons, email response from contacts fails to deliver to my email, with "Address Not found" error.

I have checked my accounts and there are no other accounts associated with it (as far as I can see), so how it gets mail replied to another email address ([protected]@yahoo.com) is quite suprised

The fake email id = [protected]@yahoo.com
(See lltd rather than ltd)

This happens even when one uses the reply button (avoiding manually typing of email id), this has happened severally and I urgently need your kind assistance to review and solve this problem please.

You can reach m on +[protected] (Shedrack Ogboru) or +[protected] (Patrick - IT assistant)

U
12:31 am EST

Yahoo! clicked the damn link in yahoo mail on my pc about it not being secure

And have now lost my yahoo email on my phone. What the hell? All it does is send me damn messages saying cannot log into yahoo mail on my phone. This message shows up every 15 mins since yesterday. I uninstalled and got rid of yahoo mail on my phone and it still gives me this stupid message. You i####s. Get out of my life. I had just about enough of your company.

1:14 am EST

Yahoo! yahoo headline for people magazine story on january 19

Atlanta Pit Bull Attack Leaves One Child Dead, Another Seriously Injured

This is the headline for a story by Alexis Fernandez. The lead word in the headline is pit bull. And what is the picture for that headline. A pit bull? No, a Black man. This is outrageous editing.

This is unacceptable. Stupid at best. Racist at worst. Find some new people in layout who know what the hell they are doing, Yahoo.

7:25 pm EST

Yahoo! anonymous email received from yahoo address with slanderous content

Today, January 17, many members of our organization received an email from a Yahoo address with serious allegations about our Nominating process, officers and other members. We are trying to investigate this matter, and would like additional information from Yahoo to help us as we do so.

Headers:
Delivered-To: [protected]@gmail.com
Received: by 10.31.137.19 with SMTP id l19csp108877vkd;
X-Received: by 10.36.244.13 with SMTP id d13mr19916786iti.33.[protected];
Return-Path:
Received: from nm49-vm9.bullet.mail.ne1.yahoo.com (nm49-vm9.bullet.mail.ne1.yahoo.com. [98.138.121.137])
by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id j201si11466ioe.89.2017.01.17.15.18.12
for
(version=TLS1 cipher=ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA bits=128/128);
Tue, 17 Jan 2017 15:18:12 -0800 (PST)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [protected]@yahoo.com designates 98.138.121.137 as permitted sender) client-ip=98.138.121.137;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
dkim=pass header.i=@yahoo.com;
spf=pass (google.com: domain of [protected]@yahoo.com designates 98.138.121.137 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=[protected]@yahoo.com;
dmarc=pass (p=REJECT sp=REJECT dis=NONE) header.from=yahoo.com
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s2048; t=[protected]; bh=IhXjPRtq/DGd1RN5PNV/qTzbQXKtre9zO0NmnEm9eSY=; h=Date:From:Reply-To:To:Subject:References:From:Subject; b=E6IpzXt7woj0dJUy+pTv+b0BDfsoz+EFk13/wonswwGKSi0F3LhNupTcHp047D2uXgXZzjHirbMQQ7+Uenu6XiabPGbto4jI4pv4fYI/Ux5V6/KWUKAbxsXENtnkRiGy7Fx7SAZfipXSLbDOpSZRZTIv+zHbRbNEEyetb4Uf1OJJadBlQE6oW685eM5AaaqKZw8L0TX3Rxrx8JaNZluTt8OKohpuA/1FOl+KZZ2m/l/aCbK+2nO3PutxBTrb/5I8fSfEnNycHtrSgdCPZxbwJVA0h/wnp/UIDinvNXnvtHVAALiQPWym6AYcOJZsm+Ki6YwwFu/87dpd26WdpDYC6w==
Received: from [127.0.0.1] by nm49.bullet.mail.ne1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 17 Jan 2017 23:18:10 -0000
Received: from [98.138.101.132] by nm49.bullet.mail.ne1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 17 Jan 2017 23:09:53 -0000
Received: from [98.138.226.165] by tm20.bullet.mail.ne1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 17 Jan 2017 23:06:15 -0000
Received: from [127.0.0.1] by omp1066.mail.ne1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 17 Jan 2017 23:06:15 -0000
X-Yahoo-Newman-Property: ymail-4
SZbo.9lHCwPQ0hzgBMJm.0tG_ulO7arO6majkkOrSidXjbVLs8JvofOfucVBCi10TmJ5opVD9a8b
bM.UdsLUiRq3JkNRXFDEahTBP19warT9RARhPySnA6iXV6YNN.ffacYTGoepp6tZ55i8n_sG37wB
oOrntjZiGWrUFySyNY4OQKO5FY8nm5H5yNfaQhlrl1rvIHSaNlZ7ww1Xe1qfqQQmf5dVSQ4dq94x
KBfPTF3MDovmJe1jnOJorcswglyXSXrr.QeJxXyJ8QGNlD73riw--
Received: from jws200054.mail.ne1.yahoo.com by sendmailws153.mail.ne1.yahoo.com; Tue, 17 Jan 2017 23:06:15 +0000; [protected].247
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 23:06:14 +0000 (UTC)
From:
References:
Content-Length: 29002

L
5:34 pm EST

Yahoo! tech support for non-access to my email account

I have been denied access to a yahoo e-mail address that I had for almost two decades. This has been going on, at great inconvenience to myself for the last past week. The account is [protected]@yahoo.com I have tried several avenues to get tech support and all I got a obstruction and the run around. Such as: 1) each time I started an on-line chat session I was disconnected and had to start all over again until that session was also discontacted. 2) To tried the e-mail route and I was informed that I had to answer ALL the questions to confirm who I was. I explained that I am 75 years old and not at all internet savvy PLUS the fact that since I either didn't know the information or I did not know the information or didn't establish separate folders nor did I keep an address/contact these facts were ignored and told again that I had to answer ALL the questions. These so-called support team also ignored the fact that I did in fact answer several of the questions accurately. I tried several techs but was told to answer to the best of my ability. They seemed understanding but this brought the same results "Unfortunately we could not verify the information you provided. (3) There is a link that asks for an alternative e-mail to send an access code to. I tried this method several time because I do in fact have several e-mail accounts. I have yet to be sent any access code. 4) I had a telephone number to call Yahoo or so I thought. They identified themselves as Yahoo, took control of my computer, ran a scan and told me the Yahoo server had been "hacked" and for a mere $500.00 they would clean up the problem for me. I may be old but I am not supid.

A reply, if any, may be sent to [protected]@gmail.com to Saul Pachman, Cherry Hill, NJ

Surely Yahoo must keep records and thus have an alternative ways of verifying the users are who they say they are.

Read full review of Yahoo! and 3 comments
3 comments
M
M
MichaelKelley
Feb 21, 2017 5:01 pm EST

I also cannot login any longer. I get the message that 'We cannot fix this problem online'. Do they realize how stupid this message is?
Why is the Help Phone Number in W-pedia incorrect? If I were a REAL LIVE company, not a PRETEND one, I would make sure the number is correct at all times. What happens if some world dictator or massive drug dealer cannot login, and tries the bogus phone number? I cannot imagine a happy ending to this story for the Yahoo staff.

posddd
Jan 20, 2017 9:09 am EST

I also cannot login to get my email. Yahoo blocks me with an AD trying to force me to use a new secure service I don't want. This new security service probably enables Yahoo to flood my email with advertisements or costs me money. I don't want it, so Yahoo prevents me from logging in.

dvalcor1
Jan 19, 2017 8:47 pm EST

Saul i agree as I had simliar lousy service on yahoo email issues ending with them giving me a scam tech support 800 number, that tried to sell me a $500 IPL hack repair. I think a class action suite and CA attorney gen investigation is called for.

9:46 am EST

Yahoo! news credibility

Good morning,
I have been residing in Singapore more than 10 years. For India related news I read only Yahoo India. I am an Indian . Why Yahoo news team did not cover the "jallikattu" issue in Tamil Nadu. Now I lost the trust on Yahoo news credibility. More than 10 thousand youths gathered in allanganallur. I expected, Yahoo India news team will put on their news. Tamil Nadu is also a part of India. What Yahoo posted very important news like "Emily Ratajkowski" showing her curves. Does it so important, when whole Tamil Nadu fighting for their culture ? . Don't you have any news reporters in Tamil Nadu ? We will create awareness using social media against your bias news against Tamil people. Still believe we are indian . Tens of thousands youths got arrested in Tamil Nadu, you should put that on your news, Instead of doing research on Kareena kapoor son's name meaning. If Yahoo continue to fail against Tamil news we will create a group and try to boycott your news. Respect Tamil Nadu .

J
7:40 am EST

Yahoo! email service

My father, who is 88, is having problems with his yahoo (btinternet.com) email service. When he tried to access his email on his iPad, it said he had to put in his password, then wouldn't let him do that but said he had to contact the company through a desktop computer, which he doesn't have. We went online through my Mac but with no success. Then I called the customer services number who offered to reset Dad's password (which we didn't need) and then hung up on me! This is not what I would consider good customer service - and my Dad still doesn't have access to his emails.

T
8:53 am EST

Yahoo! yahoo email

I have tried to reset my password but I have a two verification process but I don't have the same phone number I had when I set it up. Now it will not let me log in because it wants to send a text to the old phone number. I have tried to contact yahoo on many occasions and yahoo will not respond. Is this why everyone is going to a gmail account. Please will someone help me with this. I have some very important things on my account.

J
7:46 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Yahoo! bounced back emails with yahoo.com addresses

I run a family business as well as a non-profit organization. Over the past 4 years I have sent several messages (and some mass emails 100-150) to various customers/clients with a yahoo.com address. In the past 2 days I have gotten all emails sent to customers/clients with yahoo.com addresses bounced back to me. This is the message that I am getting: Server response to MAIL FROM:
421 4.7.0 [TSS04] Messages from 216.235.172.45 temporarily deferred due to user complaints - 4.16.55.1; see https://help.yahoo.com/kb/postmaster/SLN3434.html
Would you please let me know why this is happening and how we can get it fixed?

5:05 am EST

Yahoo! 7 news - picture placed without my consent

I want the picture of me and my fiancé and the name of my fiancé to be removed from the following immediately.

I did not give consent for our photo to be included in your article on Yahoo 7 News.

This is a breach of my rights. I specifically made it clear to Trinity Mirror that I wished the matter to be discrete. This is becoming out of hand. I was of the understanding that the article was to appear in the Gazette, not every possible news/media outlet. So if you have passed this onto other companies, I want this to be removed, so I expect you to assist me with this.

This is not acceptable. Please remove this article immediately and I require confirmation from you as to why you have taken a photo from my Facebook page to post onto your article without my permission and to post my fiancé's name. Please confirm receipt of this e-mail and that you have removed this.

Regards,

Andrew Siggens

12:41 am EST

Yahoo! web hosting

5th january 2017

Dear concerned officer,

This is to bring to your kind knowledge, that
We run / host our domain thru yahoo services
Prokon.In

Our annual renewal is due, but we are facing a lot of problem in making the payments

We have understood thru social media, that yahoo has sold these services to some other company.

The problem, we are facing is that, we are un-able to make the payments.
It’s a hopeless and most un-professional system of migrating the accounts, which is happening.

We make our payments thru cheque or rtgs or neft
We do not authorize any organization for auto-debit facility.

We have tried our best to find our contact details of yahoo or new service provider.
We have completely failed. There is nothing available, there are no service centre available.

You are requested, to advice, some office in india, to advice us correct way so that we can make the payments.

Sincerely

Rachit jain
[protected]

Yahoo! In-depth Review

Website Design and User Experience: Yahoo! has a clean and user-friendly website design that makes navigation a breeze. The layout is intuitive, and the interface is visually appealing. The search bar is prominently placed, making it easy to find what you're looking for. Overall, the user experience is smooth and enjoyable.

Range of Services and Features: Yahoo! offers a wide range of services and features that cater to various needs. From email and communication services to news and content, Yahoo! has it all. Additionally, they provide services like finance, sports, weather, and more, ensuring that users have access to a diverse range of information and entertainment.

Search Engine and Directory: Yahoo!'s search engine is reliable and provides accurate results. The search algorithm is efficient, delivering relevant information quickly. The directory feature allows users to browse through various categories, making it easier to find specific content. Overall, Yahoo!'s search engine and directory are effective tools for finding information online.

Email and Communication Services: Yahoo! offers a robust email platform that is easy to use and provides ample storage space. The interface is user-friendly, and features like spam filters and organization tools enhance the overall experience. Additionally, Yahoo! provides communication services like instant messaging and video calls, making it a convenient platform for staying connected.

News and Content Quality: Yahoo! delivers high-quality news and content from reputable sources. The articles are well-written, informative, and cover a wide range of topics. The content is regularly updated, ensuring that users stay informed about the latest news and trends. Yahoo! also offers personalized content recommendations based on user preferences, enhancing the overall content quality.

Advertising and Monetization: Yahoo! incorporates advertising in a non-intrusive manner, ensuring a seamless browsing experience. The ads are relevant and do not disrupt the user's interaction with the website. Additionally, Yahoo! offers various monetization options for content creators, allowing them to earn revenue from their work.

Security and Privacy Measures: Yahoo! prioritizes the security and privacy of its users. They employ robust security measures to protect user data and ensure a safe browsing experience. Yahoo! also provides options for users to manage their privacy settings, giving them control over their personal information.

Customer Support and Assistance: Yahoo! offers reliable customer support and assistance. They provide a comprehensive help center with FAQs and tutorials to address common issues. Additionally, users can contact customer support through email or live chat for personalized assistance. The support team is responsive and knowledgeable, ensuring that users receive prompt help when needed.

Mobile App Functionality: Yahoo!'s mobile app is well-designed and offers a seamless browsing experience on smartphones and tablets. The app provides all the essential features and services available on the website, ensuring that users can access Yahoo! on the go. The interface is intuitive, and the app's performance is smooth and reliable.

Overall Reliability and Performance: Yahoo! is a reliable platform that delivers consistent performance. The website rarely experiences downtime, ensuring that users can access their desired services without interruptions. The overall performance is fast and responsive, providing a seamless browsing experience.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Yahoo! customer service

Phone number

+1 (800) 318-0612

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Yahoo!?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Yahoo! Customer Service. Initial Yahoo! complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Yahoo! above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Yahoo!. Discuss the issues you have had with Yahoo! and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.