Menu
Yahoo! Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Yahoo!
reviews and complaints

www.yahoo.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.3 1521 Reviews

How responsive is Yahoo!'s customer service?

112 Resolved
1403 Unresolved
Very poor 🤒
We don't know much about how Yahoo! handles customer complaints outside ComplaintsBoard, but what we see here, on our website, is quite disappointing. We think there might be reasons for the company's actions (like not knowing about the complaints), and we would be happy to see them among customer-focused businesses that easily solve customer problems. But until that happens, we ask reviewers to be cautious when dealing with Yahoo! and using their services, and to carefully read the experiences of other customers on ComplaintsBoard, because who is warned is armed, you know! 💪
Verify
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Yahoo! reviews and complaints 1521

Newest Yahoo! reviews and complaints

R
5:20 pm EDT

Yahoo! Censoring Comments

The censoring is so bad that I can't type in the name of a member of the board of directors of a publicly traded company. My post is rejected whenever I type his name. The censoring is so bad that if you have a differing viewpoint about a company stock/if it is not the popular opinion, hucksters can coordinate reporting a post and the poster gets banned. Even if it is popular opinion, reports get entered to ban a user. Your well intentioned censoring is degrading your website. I won't be back.

Desired outcome: I'd appreciate a response and a change in your censorship.

C
7:47 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Yahoo! Article comments being censored.

Most of my comments are being censored immediately, despite not violating any guidelines. Below are the most recent:

31 seconds ago

Why do they try to silence me?

1 minute ago

Someone monitoring my inputs from the "parent" company here and instantly rejecting harmless comments that do not violate any policy...imagine that. They've assigned someone to watch over everything I say.

2 minutes ago

Can't get a hair washing comment in without Yahoo censoring me.

Desired outcome: Stop censorship.

Read full review of Yahoo! and 1 comment
1 comment
Johnhallmark
Liverpool, GB
Apr 28, 2023 9:18 am EDT

Hello my brother can not log into is yahoo account he as for got is password and my brother is blind can you please help him to reset is password please help him the code you sent to me last night it keet say tray an gane all of the time please let me know if you can help me for him you can text me back

L
6:50 pm EDT

Yahoo! Yahoo/AOL

Date: on-going

Since Yahoo took over AOL (amongst other entities), the amount of spam mail in my inbox has increased beyond recognition. Despite having changed my privacy settings, I am still being inundated with stuff that I do NOT wish to see & is also irrelevant. I spend an inordinate amount of time each day sifting through my spam folder because just occasionally, bloody Yahoo will send a legitimate e-mail to spam.

A complaint to their Customer Service was not answered - although I did receive a survey request asking me if I was happy with their response.

What a load of BS.

Desired outcome: Please look at my request to remove the real SPAM junk from my inbox and set your blasted algorithms to differentiate between these.

B
12:53 pm EDT

Yahoo! Comment section replies

Hi,

The algorithm used by Yahoo notifies a "Reply" to a "Comment" but the algorithm does not allow a reply to a reply whereby:

there's a link to reply to the reply at the bottom of the email notification but the link simply takes one to a glimpse of the replied comment and then instantaneously to the original article; hence there's no chance of finding the reply to which one would like to add or reply.

This has occurred repeatedly dozens of times in numerous cases.

Fostering thoughts to repost one's original comment a 2nd (or more) times with the reply to the reply embedded, a great waste of time.

Yahoo should better address this detail on replying to replies.

Thank you.

Desired outcome: When one clicks on their notification icon where it states "reply to 'so-n-so'", that icon-link should take one to the reply and stay there, period, so that one can reply to the reply.

10:38 pm EDT

Yahoo! Comments

I have been very careful of my current comments. In one case I answered "Thanks for your reply" to a statement. It was automatically rejected. I tried two other benign reply's and comments and all were instantly rejected. In another Sports illustrated picture I commented " Very Nice looking"----rejected. I Put "Stunning"----Rejected. It appears that someone decided that they didn't like what ever free speech I was displaying. In another instant I copied and pasted three words from YAHOO's article and it was rejected. Most anyone in the world would call this HYPOCRISY

Desired outcome: REINSTATE MY ABILITY TO COMMENT AND REPLY

B
12:38 pm EDT

Yahoo! FFL Transfer, Black Mountain Tactical LLC

Black mountain Tactical llc in Bonners Ferry Idaho took deliver of a handgun that they were to send to Nampa Id. This was a private party Transfer.

Paid the seller thru this company. They were to hold the money until I received the firearm.

Over a month later I am still waiting. The have kept the money and the gun.

Complaint have gone unanswered, BBB, Consumer Affairs both state and Federal.

I have a text from the owner? saying gun will be shipped out over night. Another lie. This was 2 weeks ago. Now the text number, business number an email go unanswered.

Local PD says this is a Civil matter? How can theft of $500 and a handgun with msrp of $1100 not be a criminal matter.

Desired outcome: Replace the Kimber k6s. The one I bought was almost new and was sold to me at just under the trade in value. If they have lost the one I was buying replace it with a new one of the same model.

A
3:19 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Yahoo! Yahoo news comments.

My account: ARGARAR LEIBOVICH
[protected]@yahoo.com
My comments are removed secondes after being posted.
I think that my comments are justified. Pls review and remove the restiction :
Example:
Article name:
China and Iran call on Afghanistan to end discrimination against women
Publihshed in:
My rejected comment :
Radical Shia Islamsit Iran calling to end discrimination against women?
Is is a poor jock
or
A IR modern times 1984 famous book iconic trouts stile :
Killing demonstrating women is protecting equality!
After reading the above sentence i realized that IR indeed doest dicriminate women.
They are treating demonstrators of both genders equally:
Beat, Jail or Kill

3:12 pm EST

Yahoo! Censoring

My comment on "Russian Troops killed while deploying devastating rockets in Valentines day massacre" was rejected. Response was Maybe Joe Biden should have been a little more specific in his definition of a "slight incursion" when he told Putin it would probably not be a big deal if he went into Ukraine. While I was not quoting and did not use the EXACT words, the meaning and intent are exactly the same as what he actually said which is "I think that what you are gong to see is that Russia will be held accountable if it invades.And it depends on what it does. It's one thing if it's a minor incursion and then we end up having a fight about what to do and not do".What I said was NOT misinformation. Using the words "minor incursion" needs to be clarified as apparently Putin took it as a green light as did a whole lot of the rest of the world. Seems like Yahoo is more interested in censoring Conservatives saying anything about Biden, even if it is the truth.

S
7:35 pm EST

Yahoo! Yahoo censoring and rejection of reply to a comment that was abusive to me and I couldn't defend myself

I made a comment for an article and it was published. I received a reply that was abusive to me and made a false assumption. After I replied citing the source that I used, IntelliNews, previously known as Business News Europe, a business media company focusing on emerging markets, my reply was rejected and I couldn't post more, because they rejected it 3 times. They allowed the person to abuse me based on the business website copy/paste text. But I couldn't defend myself.

Desired outcome: the post to be printed

10:43 pm EST

Yahoo! Email Phishing

I got a invoice from a yahoo account that I owed 589.99 for a google pixel u get a email after I said not my account, wanting to know who I am and what’s this about, when I replay they send a message saying sorry we can’t send your message but then send at least 20 emails failed mailer daemons so I reported to PayPal, if I go into the comments on yahoo I get more or censored so what’s the point of yahoo

Desired outcome: Stop the bs

U
11:01 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Yahoo! Yahoo's unjustified rejection of completely respectful conversation board comment.

I've substituted ABC, XYZ, LMN, GHI and P+Q to protect actual identities. ABC's P+Q Pilot Plant operation is dependent on having adequate supply of a product from 3rd party & lab-quality GHI sourced from XYZ’s GHI Mfg. Plant. Each Plant can operate separately & independently with (i) gas for XYG's GHI Pilot Plant, (ii) GHI and a 3rd party-supplied element for LMN's GHI (P+Qi) Pilot Plant. LMN's Pilot P+Qi GHI Pilot Plant must first produce supply of GHI required for targeted P+Qi production from LMN's Pilot P+Qi Plant. How on Earth could this comment violate Yahoo's or anyone else's policies?

Desired outcome: A Rejection Appeal process by which the complainant can receive a reasonably sufficient explanation of the rationale for the rejection and educates the complainant enough to avoid future such rejections.

Read full review of Yahoo! and 1 comment
1 comment
Das62
California, US
Feb 07, 2023 10:47 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Same here thought this was not legal they need to be sued

1:58 pm EST

Yahoo! Stop Censoring Me!

EVEN THIS PoS Complaint registration form is telling me:

Your subject contains too much CAPS letters. Please use standard letter case when filling subject or click here for convert.

Seriously? What a joke.

EVERY DAMN TIME I try to make a post or respond to a comment, it's almost like you block me on purpose.

My responses DO NOT have vulgar language in them.

They DO NOT have Hidden Me$$ages.

Majority of the time, I quote YOUR OWN DAMN POST and you STILL BLOCK ME.

This pisses me off to the Nth degree. I feel like you're singling me out and shutting me down and stepping on my ability to voice my opinion when much of the opposing side (liberal - go figure) can say any damn thing they want!

Why am I cursing now? Because I'm sick and tired of your one sided [censored]

IF I could SUE you for this, I would call a lawyer RIGHT NOW!

You Make me SO Fing MAD!

I'm going to cancel everything yahoo and never visit this BS site again!

Desired outcome: Burn in hell! You shouldn't get a free pass as you're doing this deliberately. Hope your entire company goes bankrupt and your CEO canceled forever - just like you attempt to do to everyone else through your "news" site.

9:27 am EST

Yahoo! Yahoo mail plus

I've been a Yahoo user for more than 20 years and while they are not the best(in my opinion - I use others that are better) they serve a basic need.

When I received an offer to try Yahoo Mail Plus I thought it may be better.

Like all bait and switch offers I had to give my credit card number for billing to commence after the trial.

I could see no benefit, to me, of the "plus" service so I ended the trial.

Of course like so many scams these day my card was billed and continues to be billed despite repeated efforts to get a refund.

Gone are the old days a when a "Customer Service" number was available to correct such issues.

Yahoo takes the "scam" further by requiring sign-up to a "customer service" site (at a fee of course) to resolve the issue.

These tactics give the whole industry a bad rap.

Include in the Yahoo site are AVAST, McAfee and other software sites that use similar methods to increase their revunes.

BUT they are despoiling their "good" names and reputations.

Happy customers tell three others but unhappy ones tell NINE!

Desired outcome: refund now and stop billing me!

W
6:40 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Yahoo! waterproof boots from a company called Vatinoleon

I saw these boots advertised on your site and ordered a pair of UK size 6 for £61.99. When they arrived they are a size 9. I have tried emailing the company 4 times saying I like the boots but need the correct size. I have heard nothing from them. I have checked their website which goes under the name of both BuyinUK plus Vatinoleon. There are numerous similar complaints and it looks like a scam. Do you vet these companies before you accept their ads ? Where does that leave me now ? I am NOT prepared to lose all this money. Will look forward to your response. Many thanks.

Desired outcome: Either correct size boots or full refund.

V
8:55 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Yahoo! News item: https://uk.news.yahoo.com/now-illegal-partner-10-things-000100512.html

In a world full of 'unconscious bias' training - I am STUNNED Yahoo could present a news article about '10 things that are now against the law in a relationship' and then head the article up with an image of what is clearly a man (the 'aggressor') victimising a woman (the 'victim').

Are any or all of the 10 new things being made illegal (by Yahoo's clear implication) crimes exclusively carried out by men against women?

Is that what Yahoo believe?

If that is the case - that is monstrously irresponsible (and reprehensible) journalism of the worst possible calibre.

Screen shot taken in the event of being ignored by the complaints process.

Look forward your response.

Richard Francis

Desired outcome: Removal of this appallingly biased imagery.

L
1:01 pm EST

Yahoo! Constant yahoo censorship

Someone please tell me how this violates any guidelines where it needs a review. Nothing written was factually incorrect but more and more this happens and IF it gets approved it will be over 12 hours later. I have posted comments only to have stuck in approval or worse rejected immediately when nothing written violates their guidelines. They have been censoring comments that go against the mainstream narratives especially if you write facts that disprove their claims. I'm getting really tired of seeing this occur while other post the exact same wording but because it's left leaning its allowed..

Desired outcome: Yahoo needs to stop censoring...period

View 0 more photos
E
1:52 pm EST

Yahoo! I can't get into my EMAIL [protected]@yahoo.com

as of 10/25/2022 I COULD NOT GET INTO MY EMAILS [protected]@yahoo.com It's very important I get this back I have Doctor appointments and other things that I need (no money involved ) I called many times and they hung up on me saying I can't help you Sorry Because I didn't have my password I never really needed it & i WAS AT THIS ACCOUNT FOR OVER TWENTY YEARS The one EMAIL I do have is [protected]@yahoo.com Please Help me Edward Smith [protected]

N
12:29 pm EST

Yahoo! Yahoo comment

I comment on Yahoo occasionally. When reading the comment section, I will like or dislike a comment depending on my views of the comment. I commonly see the like or dislike removed after clicking and reverting back to the previous number. After it does, I am able to click it again and the number substracts. Such as if the original number is 0, it will briefly go to 1, then back to 0. If I click again removing the like or dislike, the number becomes -1. Censoring the like and dislike is a way to support one position or another by the company.

Desired outcome: Stop censoring likes and dislikes.

M
6:07 pm EST

Yahoo! Email

Ok I'm finding this very difficult, this is the 2 time time does this and it disappears, I have a new phone, trued to set up my email, I found this very difficult, I'm very dyslexic with words and number, it was horrible, it's kept saying my password was wrong so set a new one also wrong, it send me so many codes I got confused, putting in wrong number, is there a way to make this easier for me please, Mike [protected]@yahoo.co.uk

[protected]

Also I can't read your terms and conditions, to much for me, but have to tick this is really unfair

K
6:30 pm EDT

Yahoo! Yahoo.com home screen

Yahoo has been posting an ever increasing amount postings about female celebrities and others regarding nudity, skimpy clothing, body issues, see though clothing, micro-mini skirt, etc. Who is writing these articles? 20 year old horny boys? Yahoo had more class once upon a time. Now it is a peep show. Shame on Yahoo for objectifying women and exploiting them. Women have enogh issues with this in the real worls. We do not nrrd your company to add to the problem by attracting by soliciting to a horny male audience. Your site has become a disgrace.

There is no options to delete sections of the home screen. I have tried to do this and nothing works. In fact, more of what I was trying not to see appeared.

Rethink the impact of your postings. It stirs young men and teaches them to not respect women. "If it is on the internet, it must be ok: Shame on you, again.

Desired outcome: Stop objectifying women by stopping the posting of anything related to female nudity, skimpy clothing, etc. You are hurting women with these posts.

Yahoo! In-depth Review

Website Design and User Experience: Yahoo! has a clean and user-friendly website design that makes navigation a breeze. The layout is intuitive, and the interface is visually appealing. The search bar is prominently placed, making it easy to find what you're looking for. Overall, the user experience is smooth and enjoyable.

Range of Services and Features: Yahoo! offers a wide range of services and features that cater to various needs. From email and communication services to news and content, Yahoo! has it all. Additionally, they provide services like finance, sports, weather, and more, ensuring that users have access to a diverse range of information and entertainment.

Search Engine and Directory: Yahoo!'s search engine is reliable and provides accurate results. The search algorithm is efficient, delivering relevant information quickly. The directory feature allows users to browse through various categories, making it easier to find specific content. Overall, Yahoo!'s search engine and directory are effective tools for finding information online.

Email and Communication Services: Yahoo! offers a robust email platform that is easy to use and provides ample storage space. The interface is user-friendly, and features like spam filters and organization tools enhance the overall experience. Additionally, Yahoo! provides communication services like instant messaging and video calls, making it a convenient platform for staying connected.

News and Content Quality: Yahoo! delivers high-quality news and content from reputable sources. The articles are well-written, informative, and cover a wide range of topics. The content is regularly updated, ensuring that users stay informed about the latest news and trends. Yahoo! also offers personalized content recommendations based on user preferences, enhancing the overall content quality.

Advertising and Monetization: Yahoo! incorporates advertising in a non-intrusive manner, ensuring a seamless browsing experience. The ads are relevant and do not disrupt the user's interaction with the website. Additionally, Yahoo! offers various monetization options for content creators, allowing them to earn revenue from their work.

Security and Privacy Measures: Yahoo! prioritizes the security and privacy of its users. They employ robust security measures to protect user data and ensure a safe browsing experience. Yahoo! also provides options for users to manage their privacy settings, giving them control over their personal information.

Customer Support and Assistance: Yahoo! offers reliable customer support and assistance. They provide a comprehensive help center with FAQs and tutorials to address common issues. Additionally, users can contact customer support through email or live chat for personalized assistance. The support team is responsive and knowledgeable, ensuring that users receive prompt help when needed.

Mobile App Functionality: Yahoo!'s mobile app is well-designed and offers a seamless browsing experience on smartphones and tablets. The app provides all the essential features and services available on the website, ensuring that users can access Yahoo! on the go. The interface is intuitive, and the app's performance is smooth and reliable.

Overall Reliability and Performance: Yahoo! is a reliable platform that delivers consistent performance. The website rarely experiences downtime, ensuring that users can access their desired services without interruptions. The overall performance is fast and responsive, providing a seamless browsing experience.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Yahoo! customer service

Phone number

+1 (800) 318-0612

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Yahoo!?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Yahoo! Customer Service. Initial Yahoo! complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Yahoo! above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Yahoo!. Discuss the issues you have had with Yahoo! and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.