XM radio / unethical billing practices

1 ?WA, United States Review updated:
Phone: ?

Now that I have received a notice from collection agency, I find there was an assumed agreement with XM Radio that they would keep charging me until I - in writing - cancelled. When I first subscribed to XM it was explained to me as a magazine subscription. I paid for a year, and if I did not renew, then service would stop. For 2 years all was fine. But when I stopped driving truck for a living, I felt I no longer needed XM so I did not renew. When XM automatically charged my credit card without my approval I called and called. I kept getting people I could not understand and they still didn't even spell my name right no matter how many times I'd spell it out to them. I told them again and again that I had given away my receiver and no longer wanted XM. Now with this notice from collection, listenercare keeps referring me to a customer agreement that I did not only not agree to, but I knew nothing about. Now I seem to have no recourse but to pay their extortion or allow them to ruin my credit because, of course, now they have the correct spelling of my name.

Li

Comments

Wa
  6th of Oct, 2008

It is unbelievable that I have to wait 12 minutes to cancel one of my radios and then find out that I have to hold for another 14 minutes while I am transfered to the cancellation department and then get disconnected and start all over again. I realise that no one cares as long as I pay my bill. VERY DISTASTEFULL

Be
  31st of Oct, 2008

Why do so many companies have to use non-USA locations for customer service. You can't understand them and most of the time speak so quickly you REALLY can't understand them. My instructions were to go to xmradio.com//savings - there is no such website. Then when you do get on the xmradio website there is no box stating 'savings'. And by the way, there are no savings. And who cares about Serius radio? If you have XM radio who needs them? They have nothing I would want except for the NFL games - period. Just lower the prices and you won't need Serius.

Jo
  27th of Jul, 2009

This is America. When you called XM Radio for assistance or to discuss a problem why can't I speak to someone who speaks English correctly and slowly. I don't want a free radio . I just want to extend my contract fpr 6 months until my car lease ends. As a result of the language barrior my XM Radio Plan is about to expire. NO satisfaction here!!!