Whirlpool / front load washer
Well we bought the Whirlpool Deut Front load washer and dry set 4 years ago and after 2 years the washer started acting up but we managed to get by with it. After all it cost us $2400 for the set and we were not about to buy another one.
Ok to the story:
My wife was doing a load of laundry one evening and noticed a burning smell around the washer. I unplugged the unit and had a service guy in the next day to look at it. He took out the Computer control Module and opened it up only to find the circuit board was getting so hot it actually started to burn the plastic case. Here is a picture of the unit:
Now lucky for us we stayed home that evening or it could of caught fire and burned our house down. I sent Whirlpool an email stating the problem and also the picture expecting them to at least ask for the part back so they could check it out but nope, they don't care after they get your money. All I got back from them was this:
"Please accept our apologies for the difficulties and inconvenience you have experienced with your Whirlpool washer."
Great company hey. Well I will never buy another one of their products again.
More Whirlpool Complaints & Reviews
- Whirlpool Hot Water Heaters - product is junk, they don't honor warranty and the customer service sucks! 
- Whirlpool Gold Series Refrigerators - Model Gs6shexnl00 - electronic control pcb know defective by whirlpool - will not recall 
- Maytag / Whirlpool Centennial Washer Model#mvwc6esww1 - defective clothes washers 
- Whirlpool India / Refrigerator - whirlpool refrigerator found defective! 
- Whirlpool - I hate this stupid thing 
- Whirlpool Corporation - gas range 
- Whirlpool Corporation - whirlpool refrigerator 
- Whirlpool Corporation - whirlpool cambrio platinum washer 
- Whirlpool Dishwasher - dishwashers
- Whirlpool Corporation - hotpoint engineer