Whirlpool Microwave Gh6178 / endless repairs

IL, United States
I HATE this microwave! We purchased it 4/05 and it has not gone a single year without a repair. After the warranty expired, we bought insurance every year! The most recent breakdown was 9/29/08 and it had to be taken to the shop. We got it back 2 weeks later and it worked for 8 days. We've had magnetrons, inverters, circuit boards--you name it--replaced. Including this latest repair, insurance has paid out $1600+. Better them than me! I asked for a replacement and got a runaround. I figure they'll wait until the piece of junk is more than 5 years old when the prorate drops to 45% towards the cost of a replacement. I also emailed Whirpool and told them what I thought of their products. They said they were sorry I was having problems. Would you believe they thanked me because they said this information helps them build better products! Unbelievable! Whatever you do, don't buy a Whirlpool. And be aware that Whirlpool also makes KitchenAid and some Kenmore products and I read that they're thinking of buying Maytag.
Ma