Whirlpool / Gold Series Refrigerator / ice maker doesn't work/freezer doesnt' freeze

1 1053 Timber Edge DriveMorris, CT, United States
Phone: 1-815-514-8557

On 2/25/13 we purchased a Gold Series French door refrigerator with an ice maker and freezer at the bottom at the cost of $1850.00 from H.H. Gregg in Joliet, Illinois. Model Number WRG989SDAMOO/Serial Number K23109890. March or April of 2014 the ice maker was leaking and stopped producing ice, the freezer would not freeze and water was leaking inside the fridge. We called HH Gregg and a repairman came and fixed it. While he was there he commented he was surprised that the fridge just wasn't replaced because the repair fees were almost as much as the fridge itself. Ever since the repair the fridge runs loud. Thankfully it was still under warranty.
Unfortunately we did not purchase a second warranty and now July 2015 the same exact issue has arisen. Again, no ice, leaking and freezer not freezing. We have purchased more than just this Whirlpool product over the past 2 years we have also purchased a washer, dryer, dishwasher, range and plus this fridge from you as well.
Checking on consumer reports there have been many reports of malfunctions of this Gold Series fridge. I entered a review on consumer reports today and soon I plan on notifying all our Facebook friends and next step the Better Business Bureau.
We are not happy. This is not what we expected from your products. People work hard for their money and for the food they purchase. You should stand by your product without the public having to pay huge warranty fees because it malfunctions. We have children, grandchildren and friends who will be purchasing these sorts of products in the future and I would have liked to tell them that Whirlpool puts out great products that they stand by. I am in the healthcare business and breakdowns in equipment are reported to the FDA and the providers replace them and if something harms a patient they are liable. This is not as serious as that, but your company should take pride in integrity and doing right by your customers. In this economy it is only right.
Is there anything that can be done to rectify this situation short of expensive repairs? Please contact me to discuss this matter. Thanks for listening.

Ca