Whirlpool / french door refrigerator model wrx988sibm01 (the disposable model)

1 Michigan, United States

I purchased this fridge on Nov 22. 2015 from Lowe's in Abingdon, Md. In June we noticed that the refrigerator part was not cooling properly. The problem spread to the drawer and the freezer. We lost the entire contents and eventually were compensated for the loss. We had purchased a 5 year warranty from Lowe's. But since it was within the first year, we had to use the manufacture warranty. After many phone calls back and forth between Whirlpool and Lowe's, we were given a completely new fridge BECAUSE they had no one who would come service the appliance. My main complaint with this was I had to continue to call and call until they finally responded.
Now this has happened a second time, same problem. Called Lowes who said call Whirlpool. They found a repair person who called the next day and said they would not service our area. Took two more days and multiple phone calls to find a repair person about 35 miles away. They came on Friday. Tried adding freon but this fix lasted less than a day. The company recommended to Whirlpool that the fridge be replaced. On Monday I spent 3 hours on the phone between service people and Whirlpool because Whirlpool could not find the documentation. Finally asked to speak to a supervisor who grudgingly authorized a new fridge but said I would be contacted in 48 hours. Unbelievable! A working refrigerator is a necessity in today's home. I have no way to know if anyone is working on this or not. I would like a more immediate call back and resolution to this problem. Now I am just left in the dark.

• Whirlpool Corporation Customer Care's Response, Feb 08, 2017

We really appreciate your feedback and do apologize for the inconveniences. We are working on how to improve our business. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.

Ch