Having problems with Whirlpool?

+1 866 698 2538 (United States)
+1 269 923 5000 (Head Office)
+39 283 7151 (Europe, Middle East & Africa)
+55 113 566 1000 (Latin America)
2000 N. M-63
Benton Harbor, Michigan
North America
600 West Main St., Benton Harbor, MI, 49022-2692

Europe, Middle East And Africa (EMEA)
Via Carlo Pisacane, 1, 20016 Pero (MI), Italy

Asia
Building 8, № 1888, Xinjinqiao Road, Jinqiao Export Processing Zone, Pudong, Shanghai 201206, P.R.C.

Latin America
Av. das Nações Unidas, 12.995, 32° andar, CEP 04578-000 São Paulo, SP, Brazil

Complaints & Reviews

no demo, no installation, only assurances

Purchased machine from Digital Shoppie, Habsiguda, Hyderabad on 7th Nov. Assured demo and installation on 9th. No body turned up even after repeated requests to the Dealer and to the Company Service Centre(Nos. [protected] and [protected]). Talked to one Mahesh. Only assurances and no action. We were told not to install our own as that would make us ineligible for warranty benefits. We are trapped. Machine lying packed at our home.

Our Mobile No. is [protected].

cheating of consumers!

I bought a Whirlpool Washing Machine on 17.10.2007 through the company's online deals which promised to give free gifts, if the company's product was brought through online deals. I purchased the washing machine by using my credit card. The product was delivered to me on 22.10.2007 but without any free gifts. I brought this to the notice of the company as well as to the Online deals.com but no response was received from them.Even I called them by phone, but they never cared to give any response. By advertising on the net, they are just cheating the consumers.

Ramesh Nov 21, 2007

I think you are a very lucky person because at least you got your machine, but for me it is a nightmare. I had made the payment for the washing machine on 3-11-2007 and I am still waiting for the machine. I hope to be as lucky as you. The days are not far away when this Whirlpool company will be in dumps. I appeal to all to boycott this company's product.

• Su
    sudhir sharma Apr 30, 2008

I bought whirlpool fridge 350 litrs symphony white ch .no. jc4441386 on fifth november 2004. With in one year its module goes defective and was replaced because it was under warranty.Now again the same module got defective. Now i have paid rupees 2503 and it is replased. Since i am an engineer and think the problem is with the poor quality of module and its components. There is no question of voltage fluctions. If we have to replace this module every year and spend so much money on this then i will ask all my friends not to buy this fridge. The service contract is too high.pl comments and look into the matter my mobile no is 9810751841 and permanent custmer identification no is 4783191. Thanks.

vipin mishra Nov 11, 2008

duro max dead

vipin mishra Nov 30, 2008

duro max system is not working last 20 days.
    dealer and salesman no responce.

• De
    Defects in the new washing Machine . Apr 13, 2009

I had purchased a washing Machine from DASS ELECTRIC TRADING CO(P) LID, vide invoice Number 9998PSC dated 26-10-08.The person who came for installation fund the particular piece was not proper and I complaint with reference to complaint B040148 and B240424 they have replaced the same.But the second one also have some problem .Again i have registered complaint with the number B010524. usually whenever I complain either a ask through phone what is your problem or a sent a non qualified person just for name sake to satisfy the customer. Though I have informer to the Dass Agencies where I had purchased they also say we will inform to the concerned person and give a new registration number. Though I purchased the machine as my wife is not keeping good health. But now this make me and my wife very sick.Please solve this.

• Va
    varshaavhad Jul 27, 2009

iI totally disagree with your view. As I bought from Dass Electric - Pune, my experience was totally delightful !!

• Va
    varshaavhad Jul 27, 2009

Right

• Ni
    nikunj.sheth Mar 12, 2010

LAST YEAR I HAVE PURCHASED WASHING MACHINE AND AFTER 1 MONTHS IT GETS STARTED GIVING ME A PROBLESMS, NOS. OF TIME MECHANIC CAME TO MY PLACE AND REPLACES SPARES, AND LASTLY MECHANIC WAS AGREED THAT THIS MACHINE IS FAULTY U INFORM TO MR. DINESH LUHAR WHO IS HEAD OF DOLPHIN SERVICE AUTHORISED SERVICE STATION BY WHIRLPOOL INDIA FOR BARODA GUJARAT, NOW THAT PERSON AGREED TO REPLACE THE MACHINE BEFORE 3 MONTHS THAT IS IN NOV 09 AND GIVEN REQUIRED PAPER BUT STILL HE IS NOT PROCESSING OR WHAT ELSE FORMALITY HE ISNOT EVEN RESPONDING ON PHONE ALSO. PL GO THROUGH THE MATTER.

fridge not working!

I made a very expensive mistake by buying a 400 lit double door refrigerator and from that time it was the end of my "Peace of Mind” which is your punchline!!Since July 2017 when the fridge was bought I have had to call the service centre t least 10 times. in this brief period the compressor has been changed, some other part has been changed twice , I have had to buy an AMC and also buy a stabilizer as I was advised by your technician that Whirlpool refrigerator does not function well without it!! Something unfortunately the salesperson did not inform at the time of selling this terrible product. It is surely the worst piece of machinery ever produced and I assure you it will not help your cause to have expensive film stars do a dance on TV to sell your products when your customers are going to tell as many people they can about how bad this product is. Anyway as on 1st Nov the fridge is not working again and in spite of logging the complaint early in the morning no one has bothered to show up till 3 p.m.I had also requested to speak to a senior person regarding this as I have already spent Rs.10000 on various and each time the fridge stops working I have to throw away all the stuff from the fridge! Can someone tell me who is going to pay? I think I should go to a consumer court.

• Di
    Dilawar Singh May 04, 2007

I purchased a fridge on 2 feb. Till date nobody has come for installation. I told them ,the dealer says nobody requires a refrigerator installation. Stay away from Whirlpool!

• As
    ASHU GUPTA Sep 11, 2007

Purchased 340 lit whirlpool refrigerator 18 months back and since the delivery its balance points were not proper and inspite of several reminders and complaints regarding various malfunctioning specially door closing no one to attend the problem. AMC charges extra Rs. 3500/- also paid but no one to attend the problem saying spare is not coming from company.

Maud Hallin Dec 11, 2007

Refrigerator bought at end of June is still on warranty, so I called for assistance. Interior of refer department and frozen section were filled with ice. First technician, who arrived around 7 pm for a 1-5 appointment diagnosed leak in sealer. Silicon caulked. Incorrect diagnosis. Called again, new service set up. Now diagnozed needed new sealer. Sealer ordered by technician. When it arrived I had to set up a third appointment. Now on November 30, when I called to remind the operator who sets up appointments, I was told I was not on the list for that day. New appointment for December 5 for 1-5 o'clock appointment. Received call at 3 pm stating technician would be there within an hour. Nobody had arrived by 7 pm. No more information. New set up for December 11. Call at 10 am. I had been assured because of earlier mess ups that I would be first in the morning, i.e. around 8 am - some of us customers believe we also have a life.

New Technician arrives at 10.30 and states nothing wrong with sealer. Problem is defrost timer. Luckily he has a timer, and with my help we struggle through the instructions on how to connect replacement timer. He defrosts refrigerator, is courteous and intelligent, and knows his stuff. Not true with previous technician, who clearly needed a lot of training.

How many hours have I had to wait, call to find out when I would receive service etc. By now about 25 hours of frustration. If this is the way of the future I will not buy any more American labeled appliances for my apartment buildings.

The scheduling system for this company STINKS.

• Gs
    g.srinivasan May 25, 2008

Sir,

I had purchased Whirlpool Ice Berg on 15/5/2017.

Since then due to several problems your co. has changed the fridge 3 times.

On one side we thank you for 3 replacements but on the other we underwent terrible mental pressure.

Now even the 3rd. fridge isnt working well, aprox. since last 30 days. The sensor was replaced then within a couple of days we were told that the thermostat needs to be replaced.But as of dt. no action taken.Sir we are LITTERALLY BEGGING to your service people but of no use.

Whirlpool a co. of high stds. should it's customers be treated like this.

I would be very happy if you could HELP us in this issue

• Sh
    Shobha Muralidharan May 29, 2008

First and foremost, the call center will action the complaint only after 48 hrs of the same being registered! Inspite of informing them the nature of complaint the service person lands up 72 hrs later with out the spare. The complaint was registered on 10May and till date a simple control nob has not been replaced. The local service manager in Bangalore is not available and the acting mgr has barred all incoming calls! As informed by the service person, models keeping changing every year and we need to keep up with that trend. You mean to say that the spares for a product purchased in 2017 would not be available?

I am unable to comprehend the companies attitude. Any suggestions?

Hassled consumer.

• Ap
    Applicance Repairs Apr 29, 2009

The cost for the service was very expensive, the technician was only at my home for 1/2 hour, it was only a clogged water line. No parts were used. Icalled to question the outragous charge and the owner of the company was very rude and would not reduce the charge.
    My advice.. Do not use this service.

Jc

• St
    Stanly Silveira Sep 30, 2009

My Whirlpool refrigerator conked off on thursday 24th of September 2017. We made a complaint to the call centre and were assured that an engineer will come home the next day to check the fridge.

The engineer did come home the next day. He checked the refrigerator and informed us that the compressor is blown and that the fan will need to be replaced and gas refilled.

We were assured that this will be taken care off on the coming Monday inspite of it being Dasshera. On Monday, no one turned up.

We informed the call centre and were assured that the complaint will be taken care off on Tuesday. No one turned up on Tuesday too.

We called the Call centre and asked to speak to the manager. We were informed that it is against company policy to disclose the name of the manager. So we spoke to a supervisor by the name of Dharmesh who very confidently guarnateed, I repeat guarnateed, that the fridge will be repaired on Wednesday.

We waited till late Wednesday, all the time calling the call centre to inform them that the engineer had not yet called up. Ultimately in desperation I called and asked to speak to Dharmesh. After making me hold the line for 10 minutes he comes online and LIES to me that the engineer is on his way. When we still did not recieve a call till around 7.30 PM I again called the CC and asked for Dharmesh. This time around I was informed that he had left the office.

I asked to speak to the supervisor on the floor. I was informed that one Naina will be calling me.

Today is Thursday, I still have a broken fridge with no engineers visit.

As of today, not a single Whirlpool appliance will ever enter my house for the rest of my life.

• Ip
    I.Parvez Oct 19, 2009

I bought a double door whirlpool refrigerator (ice-magic 310 litres)
    From a dealer in laxmi nagar, new delhi, in january 2017.

It has a warranty on compressors, which is valid for 05 years.

This january (2017), the compressor conked off, so they replaced with a new one (but charged me for gas filling & timer & relay)...in march, it again showed faulty functioning...in may whilpool enginners carried on a gas re-filling on my expense, but the fault could still not be completely rectified, as the cooling was not proper...in june they again suggested de-chocking of capillary tubes & a gas re-filling, which was done on my expense...!

Now in september, the company carried the refrigerator to their workshop, for repeating the de-choking process & gas - refilling + a relay etc replacement (at my cost)...in the workshop they also discovered that the compressor was not fucntioning properly, so again a new compressor was also provided... all this on 22nd. september, 2017.

... the funcyioning is still not proper, and now the engineer says that the thermostat will require replacement...!!!

That is the standard of products being dished out by whirlpool - use for 3-4 years (or till a problem does not crop up, then throw it off... and buy a new one, for sure)

I. parvez
    011-23301118
    [email protected]

vishal a shah Jul 19, 2010

Today is Thursday, I still have a broken fridge with no engineers visit.

• Bo
    boing1228 Jul 03, 2011

Did they fix it for you? Did they tell you how much it would cost you beforehand? then you have no gripe. Everything is expensive nowadays. Look at a loaf of bread $4.00. Its nuts. But you never mentioned the quality of their service. That is after all what you hired them for isn't it? Do you negotiate the price of a car after you buy it and think you paid too much? never. And your complaint is based on the fact that this company didnt reduce their bill???
    Grow up.
    Do you negotiate your insurance bill, how about your mortgage? What do you do for a living?

calypso washing machine

I bought a whirpool washing machine for $1200.00 six years ago. I also bought an extended warrenty covering the machine for five years. I have had nothing but trouble out of the machine the entire time I have had it. Every six months to a year the machine had to be fixed due to a defect in the design. The machine allowed lint from clothes to get into the motor and burn the motor up. Everytime this happened the extended warrenty fixed the machine. Now the warrenty is out on the machine and whirlpool refuses to take care of the situation. I paid whirlpool $1200 for a machine thinking that I was buying a high quality product that would last 12 to 15 years. Whirlpool insist that because it is not within their specified warrenty period they have no legal obligation to me. I am a single mother of three children and a full time nursing student. I do not have the funds to replace the machine at this time. I have been placed in a very difficult situation and all whirlpool cares about is their legal obligation to me. They have acknowledged that the problem is in their design but will not take care of me, their customer. I also bought a dishwasher from them that the electronic panal went out on the first year and a dryer that the motor burned up after I had it for 15 months. Both of those items were still covered by the warrenty but I am very upset to have had the problems in the first place. I paid more money for whirlpool products than I would have else where thinking I was buying quality and customer service. I was mistaken in both of my assumptions. I will never buy a whirlpool product again and I would advise anyone looking for quality products with a company they can depend on to avoid whirlpool products. Renee Pittman, Texas

Joan Brigham Dec 14, 2007

I purchased a whirlpool stove with a black cooking area the paint peeled around the burners,and its
    almost impossible to clean it the worst stove I ever bought,you should do better testing,I wish I had buy a white stove

Chris Jan 12, 2008

Whirlpool has consistently been the number one manufacturer in appliances in the United States for many years now. We trust them enough to put them in hundreds of new apartments we build every year.

no response from service centre in hyderabad

we had bought a whirlpool fridge 3 years back from a dealer in hyderabad, now after three years a very...

non rectification of fault

I have a 220 liter double door refrigerator from Whirlpool. I have other goods like AC, fully automatic washing machine from this company too. I also have all these products under AMC, my customer id is: 367961.

For last 3 months I have been calling the company consistently since the water trey is broken, every time I am told it will be done in next 2-3 days.

3 months damn it... what have I paid AMC charges for?

INDIA, the lax country...no system in place..if there is system no one is following it.

Can Whirlpool give this kind of ### service in a advanced country?

failure in 9 months of purchase

I have purchased Whirlpool washing machine Model WM - F65 on 1-1-2007 ( Date of Manufacture by the Company was 16-11-2006 ) in Trivandrum . On 14-10-07 white magic has failed in warranty period and now makes hell of a noise while on . I logdged complaint to Service centre , Trivandrum . They checked WM and told that its PCB has gone bad. This PCB failures in White Magice Model of Whirlpool reported by so many customers indicate Company needs to address this Control PCB failure rate MTBF . Poor washing machine!

• Ji
    jitender gupta Oct 29, 2007

washing machine not working properly

rajesh Apr 24, 2009

24-04-2009
    Hi
    I purchased a whirlpool washing machine white magic FSAN652 on 17-10-2008. All of a sudden, from yesterday onwards it started giving trouble.The moment I switch on the power only agitator spins that too only in one direction.When I phoned to customer service they told that it is PCB problem.Not even one year is over from the date of purchase.This clearly indicates that the testing wing of WHIRLPOOL is pathetic.Out of so many tests can't they even choose the high temperature and vibration test to improve their product quality.It is a shame to the so called design wing and shame to whirlpool.

ann gowell-porter Jun 10, 2010

I PURCHASED A WHIRLPOOL DUET SPORT IN FEBRUARY OF 2009, WHEN ONE YEAR CAME UP, I THEN PURCHASED THE EXTENDED WARRANTY THAT WHIRLPOOL OFFERED. I SPENT IN TOTAL OVE $800 FOR 3 YEARS OF WARRANTY ON BOTH ITEMS. IN LESS THAN 2 MONTHS AFTER BUYING THE EXTENDEDWARRANTIES BOTH WENT OUT, THE DRYER HEATING ELEMENT AND THE WASHER BEARINGS. MY APPLIANCES SHOULD RUN LIKE NEW BUT NOW WHIRLPOOL WILL NOT HONOR MY SERVICE AGREEMENTS AND I HAVE HAD NO WASHER OR DRYER SINCE MAY 1. WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? CAN'T AFFORD TO BUY A NEW ONE? I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER WHIRLPOOL APPLIANCE AGAIN IN MY LIFETIME!

• whirlpool white magic has a worst quality pcb in it, The service team replaced my machine's pcb three times in just one and half year. Today its dead again!! I have an another machine thats working perfectly since 2000 December, I should haven't purchased a fully automatic whirlpool machine.
    Abhijith Balachandran, 09497316357, 04872206827, [email protected]
    Pooparambil house
    Velappaya, Thrissur

Resolved very poor quality

have bought fp65 model washing machine in the year 2005 till now there was not any prblem but now the water...

problem persists after multiple repair calls

Our brand new Whirlpool top-loading washer (model WTW5800STW0) was defective as soon as it was installed. The warranty repair was made (after a 2-week delay) and the same problem persists. Multiple calls and the problem is still not resolved. Whirlpool needs to improve its quality control in the factory so new machines are not shipped with defects. Barring that, they need to train their warranty repair staff better so they can fix the problems the factory does not catch.

Beware people!

• Ar
    Arab49 Apr 14, 2014

we have had nothing but problems with our washer. Just two weeks ago, we were told the 2.5 year old washer would cost $975 to repair because the bearings went out. When in use it sounds like a jet plane landing, when in the spin cycle. I would highly recommend not buying this product.

vibration problem!

My Whirlpool washing machine model H-65 is a top loading fully automatic machine which is a sleek good looking Golden color master piece and works fine all the time EXCEPT around 7 mins on the digital display remaining suddenly it will start vibrating like as if there is some earthquake. Two customer calls from the company resulted in buying another sleek troley from Whirlpool but problem remains the same.

Now it is everyday affair that somebody has to wait for this earthquake and then run towards the machine to close the wash cycle at premature stage and again start spin cycle. So all that look good and sleek may not necessarily perform as well (may be problem with my piece as every piece has its own resonance frequency).

aniket k Nov 03, 2007

I have the same problem with two machines purchased from whirlpool. One is the tvs whirlpool first model launched in india and the second one is the f-65 . we used the first one for 12 years with the earthquakes and decided to buy another whirlpool being assured by the company that the this problem was rectified. GUESS WHAT both of them vibrate (the machines actually toss themselves around) and now they are lying in my garage and i have sworn not to buy whirlpool products. Every time the service guys came they give the excuse of uneven load in the drum and say the bearings must be damaged and take the washing machine slap a bill on me. The machine works fine for for a week and back to square one.

• Sn
    S. Narasimhan Jan 17, 2011

Bearings of the top Lading automatic washing machine to be replaced

does not work

This is the third complaint I have made on line... I made one call in oct 06 on this dehumidifier. It has not worked from the first day. I returned it to store and they pointed out to me that I needed to deal with whirlpool... I attempted this on the 800 number and got no satisfaction. I then purchased a new one which has worked in just the right manner. I have now ontacted you in the only manner that I know and that is as a complaint. I misquoted the the price, stati ng $236. Plus tax. I now believe it was $239.00 plus tax, as I have just purchased another one at that price. My paper work says 10-06... I expect a refund of the purchase price as I need to purchase another one today. I am putting these in rental properties and also in my sons home. What can I do to receive satisfaction? (3 requests) I cannot ignore this expense and forget it. It is just too much money. I have the box it came in as it has just been sitting there. I can ship to whatever address, at your cost, that you wish...

Mary Huberta Boone Oct 04, 2007

Called 800 number on appliance and was told basically that it did work. I have not been able to use at all and had to purchase a new one. I have it in original box and purchased at Lowes of Elizabethtown, Ky. I still would like this to work but it does not. I plug it in and it run for a short time then emits a smell of overheating and shuts off in just a few minutes. Has not yet dehumidified at all....No moisture has been collected. I am not interested buying parts and trying to repair this unit. I would like to ship to Whirl pool at their cost and receive the $239.00 plus 6% tax back to pay for the cost of purchasing an identical one. M. H. Boone, PO Box 702, Elizabethtown, Ky. 42701.

poor service!

We bought a Whirlpool washing machine (6th sense, h65 model) on September 1, 2007 and after continuous call the service person came for demo only on 6th of September. The washing machine was found defective. Some E3 problem came and they said they will replace the spare part. We have invested Rs.2000/- more for this stain wash and we are not able to use stain wash. We really regret for having purchased the whirlpool washing machine. We were fed up calling the call center people and SAI SUMUKHA SERVICES (authorized service partner of whirlpool), malleswaram. How long will it take for these people to get a spare part. They were eager to sell some spare items like stand, cover, extra tube.etc., for money, but not willing to replace the defective part. Is this a punishment for having purchased whirlpool washing machine? If these situation continuous, nobody will buy Whirlpool products. Customer are not fools.

Ravi Nagpal Aug 14, 2007

I have purchased a washing machine from the distributor of the comapny at Amritsar on calling for the first servicing the story of the poor performance of the company distributor & service agents open in front of me.

The products the company send for replacement is look as they are taken out from old machines. There is no packing on the part & even the part is not complete.

The company after lodging complaint send the service agent after a week. The service agents come to just merely solve the complaints and not to guide customer properly to take care while using machine. The nos. printed on the bills provided by the distributor are wrong and no one pick up the phones if one or two nos. are right. Also the nos. they give for lodging complaint are of Delhi while the person is purchasing machine from Amritsar. The nos. of customer service centers in the local station are wrong or remains busy.

I suggest all of the customers to wash clothes with your own hands & not to buy any machine from Whirlpool Company.

sajid chaudhary Jul 04, 2008

I purchased washing machine on 1st july, from local distributer rohini delhi, according to the dealer machine to b installed withinn 2 days but the company representave not come even repeatedly reminding and requesting them to come.
    so my overall view is whirlpool company has no control on their workers, and very poor service for the costomer .

entative not come for

• La
    latika singh Oct 21, 2009

I HAVE A SIMILAR COMPLAINT

• Sh
    SHAJI.B Sep 19, 2010

I own a fully automatic Whirlpool washing machine. I have taken the whirlpool home care plan for the maintenance of this appliance for 24 months from 10/11/2008 by paying Rs 4000/-(Application Receipt No 129504. The following complaints are registered for your immediate attention.
    1)Whenever there is a complaint to the machine, the agents take a long time to attend to the complaint.. resulting in nonavailability of the appliance for use inspite of the maintenance contract.
    2) Even after attending to the maintenance, the appliance again shows some part of the old complaint with some others again resulting non availabilty of the machine.
    3) After two to three attendance at home for the maintenance, they require to take it to their workshop and they charge big sums for conveyance.
    4) Recently, from three months back, the complaint of non storage of water during working of the machine was noticed and complaint registered. Even though they attended (though belatedly, every time, ) the same complaint is repeated after a short time of one or two days after repair. Still, the same complaint along with beep sounds and non working of rinse, spin etc are continuing, they told us that the machine is to be taken to their workshop. even after four to five days of this report they did not turn up to take the machine. Then due to the urgent needs for the appliance, we transported it to their workshop on 11/9/2010. they promised to deliver it back on 14/9/2010.On contacting on 15/9/2010 they promised to deliver it on 16/9/2010. Again on 16/9/10 they postponed it to 17/9/2010 morning. On 17/9/2010 again on contacting them, it was informed that they will tell the position after 4'o'clock. But there was no information at 4'o'clock or later.Next day, again they were contacted and I was requested to contact the workshop supervisor on his mobile after 12 o' clock . On trying to contact his mobile no, several times, the call was not attended by him. Finally, I reached the service centre driving my car 10 km from my house at Mannanthala at 4.30 pm, and enquired about it they have raised the adamant stand that as they have lot of customers, what they could do is to give the mobile no of the workshop supervisor. Again they have postponed the delivery by two more days.the appliance is not ready till date of this complaint(19/9/2010)
    We are cheated by the promises made by the home care plans to the keep the appliance in working condition for a duration of 24 months. During the above period we have been continuously cheated by purposefully prolonging the service time and not properly repairing it each time, most of the time we were left without the services of the appliance. Also after owning the appliance and the home care plan, in addition to doing the washing manually, we had to go behind the hassles of continued reporting complaints, going behind these service persons, hearing their retorts, trying repeatedly the unattended mobile nos, etc in our busy schedule of life. The very purpose of having a home care plan is defeated.
    The contact address of the service centre is " Hi tech Solutions", TC14/1733, Near Ganapathy Coil, Vazhuthacaud, Trivandrum-14
    Nos I have contacted are 9249422757, 9249422760, 9446417532, 04712327532

dehumidifier does not work properly

I have used several dehumidifiers in different locations over the last 20 years, to keep basements and garages dry. I am using three now. I always buy whirlpool brand. Usually the largest unit they have holding the most water. I have two sitting side by side in a garage now. The first does not work properly, lighting up and coming on for a few seconds or perhaps a min and half. Then it smells like over heated and cuts off. The second one that I bought to replace the first sitting just beside works like a top. Pulling about a bucket full of water ever day or so. My name is M. H. Boone in Elizabethtown, Ky. I have called the 800 number on the unit and pretty much was told that I did not know how a dehumidifier works nor how to operate one. I do not want to order parts. I want the $236. plus tax returned and I will ship this unit to Whirlpool at their cost. I have received no use out of this investment... I cannot return it to the store as the unit says that I must deal with Whirlpool...

frequent breakdowns within 2 months of purchase

I had purchased a Whirlpool Refrigerator Iceberg 310 DLX in June '07, however the refrigerator is more of a bug than being an Iceberg! It has already been serviced once for no ice formation in the freezer compartment and no cooling in the lower chamber. However hardly 3 weeks have passed by when the refrigerator is again back to its old tactics. Leaving me without the comfort of any ice in this hot summer. Worst still, it has already been 4 days since I registered the complaint at the customer care center and yet there is no sign of any service engineer as yet. Repeated attempts to reach the so called Service Manager for Whirlpool, Mr Deepak Jain Mobile [protected] failed to elicit any response from him.

I would strongly recommend other educated consumers to make an informed decision.

auto defrost not working!

Since about nine months, the auto defrost of my whirlpool refrigerator is not working. Almost every week I need to offload a full freezer load of ice.

Very poor quality product!

• Dr
    Dr R Ravindran May 26, 2008

Details of my Frij
    Model : Whirlpool Iceberg
    Model : 10182, 350 L, double door type.
    Serial No : INA064606418, purchased on 08.02.2007 from :
    VIVEK Ltd,
    102/22, Chekkalai Road, Karaikudi-630001, Ph: 236277. Service No: 04565 236276
    Service centre: 236505
    Complaint:
    There is very low cooling, and absolutely no ice formation. Local Whirlpool service agent says gas may have to be filled up, for which he is asking a fee of Rs 1500, which is apparently double, as compared to charge for the same work by other agents.
    Kindly give me feedback as to what I should do.

Resolved major frustration - be wary!

Whirlpool extended warranty / a & e service - essex, ct

On july 22 I experienced a problem with my whirlpool washer which was purchased in june of 202 and has been checked and repaired twice for improper spinning and water extraction. we have an extended service plan agreement. our problem was reported on july 23 and was told I could not get a service call until august 1. from a&e service. over a week! on aug. 1 a service call was made and the problem was diagnosed as a transmission replacement plus other parts. the parts arrived on august 2. a&e services did not arrive until august 8. I pleaded with them and the service company, I even called the whirlpool corporation. to no avail! it took 2 1/2 weeks for a&e to fix my machine! outrageous!

I since found out that a&e is a national organization that has contracts with whirlpool and other major corporations. I do not recommend this dis-service group. what was not explained to me is that I could have contacted an authorized whirlpool service, paid the bill and it would have been reimbursed by the extended service plan. this would have had my washer fixed in days vs. weeks, by a local dealer.

This was a major frustration - be wary!!!

• Js
    J Sulllivan Oct 04, 2007

Ditto, only in my case the appliance is a KitchenAid diswasher in San Diego. I described the problem clearly on the phone. Even an amateur would know it required a new control board. Yet it took a week to schedule a "technician" who spent five minutes confirming the diagnoses then ordered parts to be delivered in a week or so. A & E is owned by Sears. What a disgrace.

poor quality of plastic parts

I purchased a washing machine on 30/08/06 and its written in the catalogue that there's no guarantee on plastic parts but when the defect arises just in 6months of usage then who is responsible for that!!! Inspite of complaining to the firm several times they never gave us any satisfactory answer rather they say that it's the company's policy for plastic parts.. and when we asked them to give us a visit of their engineer they just send to us the technician/mechanic to do a temporary repair... when I asked them for a permanent setup, they told us that we have to pay the expenses for that, it's company's policy!!

In the name of policy they use cheap plastic parts and when some misap happens within few months of purchase to it then they ask for money.

Whenever I called no one direct from the company replies rather the call center people tackle with the complaints and all..

Is this the policy to cheat their customer and make money with unfair means!!!

not working properly

Fridge stop working after every two minutes, Its main input has some issue then again it has to switch it ON. Same things repeated again n again. Bad product!

• Li
    LisaG5472 Aug 20, 2009

I have a brand new Whirlpool model # ET8WTEXMQ03 that freezes stuff continually...I have contacted them many times, am told that someone will come out and look at it under my warranty. The most ridiculous part of all this besides the fact I have a brand new fridge freezing stuff is that on more than one occasion by both the customer service at the 1-800 number and one of the technicians actually told me that to alleivate the problem I need to not use the top or back of fridge! Are you kidding me? Yes, this is what Ive been told. I even asked 1 of the customer service reps on the phone if she had a fridge, to which she replied "Yes". I then asked her if she used the back and top shelf of her fridge, to which she said "Yes but I dont have that model" Gee go figure. Unfortuantely I got this thru a low income assistance program thru my electric company who give free fridges to customers who have old units...wow I think Id rather have my old unit! At least it didnt freeze! I cant believe this whole thing. Today the 4th tech came out, so Im waiting for Whirlpool to call me back. I am going to demand a new unti, and will nto stop until I get what I think I rightly deserve. If you dont want the customer to use the back of the fridge or the top shelf, then dont make those areas...I think we have some people who are off kilter shall we say to actually tell a customer to do what they have said. Has this happened to anyone else? I dont know if this is a defect or just lame engineers. I was told today that he has called some of the bigger brand name companies to tell them of this type of problem in hoping to help the customer since they are the one dealing with them that "they are not the engineer" Wow.

• Ha
    hayhaypaula Jul 27, 2013

I have the exact same model and it freezes stuff on the top shelf also. I also got this fridge FREE from a low income program, so I am not inclined to make trouble - considering the fact that a comparable fridge would have cost me about $800 that I surely did not have. I make do with what I am blessed to have, and a new fridge is a sight better than one that is over 25 years old like my old one was. I actually consider the freezing as an indication that my food will stay fresher longer as it is being kept at a colder temperature! Works for me!

horrible customer service, defective product

We bought a Quite Partner III back in 2004. Turns out this model has a defective heating element which causes a hole in the dishwasher. This resulted in a flood in our kitchen. Whirlpool's idea of fixing the problem was not to replace the defective dishwasher, but to send a new tub to our house and hire a local company to basically re-built the dishwasher on the new tub! So far they have sent three technician out on three different occasions to do this services and all three replied in a similar fashion when they arrived. They all state: "Are they crazy!! There is no way in hell I am doing this job!! This will take me all day!" Two months later and the dishwasher is still not fix. There customer services representatives at their 1-800 are USELESS! I have talked to them about twenty time over the past two months and not only can they figure out what to do, but they won't even transfer you call to someone who can help.

non-functioning refrigerator

I purchased a whirlpool refrigerator (master mind) model no.10618 serial no. ina0718118 in the month of 25th june 2007. from the day 1 of the purchase lots of noise is coming from the refrigerator. we have made complaints many a times (6 times). inspite of several complaints only once an engineer came from your company. he said that in whirlpool the sound always comes. it is very noisy. yesterday evening there was a loud noise and the fridge stopped working.

Whirlpool is such a reputed company but the customer service is very poor.