Whirlpool Calypso Washer / a & e repair service

1 Denver, CO, United States Review updated:

Two years ago I bought a Calypso washing machine. Shortly after we brought it home the pump needed to be replaced. Four weeks ago the machine stopped working. We contacted A & E Repair Service through this website. We waited a week for a service tech. He was supposed to be here between 8 and 12 that day. At 12:30 I had to take my husband to the emergency room to get stitches. Fortunately it wasn't serious. I called A & E from the emergency room and was told that the repair tech was there at 12:50 and since I wasn't there we would have to reschedule. It didn't seem to matter to the call center that the tech was outside the appointed window. We finally did speak to the tech himself that day and he was able to come to our house that afternoon when we got home. The tech was fine and I had no problem with him, but the dispatcher was rude. The tech determined we needed a part on the control panel so we waited another almost two weeks for the part to get here. He came and installed the part and left and guess what? The washing machine was not repaired. We waited another week for another (tech who was fabulous) to come out and he determined the pump is broken. So now we have waited 6 days so far for the pump. We received a call on Thursday to schedule an appointment for Friday because the dispatcher said the ups tracking number indicated the part would be delivered Thursday. The part never showed up so we called A & E again and were told the tracking number indicated that ups would deliver the part on July 22. What happened to the first tracking number? We have found A & E dispatchers to be rude and surly every time we have spoken to them. They could not care less about good customer service the only thing they can say is that there is nothing they can do about anything. I grew up with the impression that Whirlpool was a brand I could trust. I was disappointed to learn about the decline in the quality of your products since I've been reading about the Calypso machine recently. Every time I miss work to wait for the tech I lose money. Every time I go to the laundry mat to wash my clothes I spend money I shouldn't have to spend. By now this debacle has cost just over $400.00 in lost wages and over 100.00 in laundry expense. Rest assured that I will never own another Whirlpool product or use A & E Repair Service.

Comments

• Le
      19th of Jul, 2008

You don't have vacation or personal time you can take? Ridiculous. Need to find a better job so you can do stuff like that when you have to.

• El
      17th of Nov, 2008

Having exactly the same problem with this machine and dealing with A&E is a nightmare at best. Had repair done 5 weeks ago, machine broken again. Next repair man out today says not the motor which last guy changed but the pump has to be replaced and will be shipped to house and he'll be back in a week. So far I've been out of machine usage 2 weeks. What a scam!