Having problems with Amana Brand?

Amana Brand reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 18, 2006. The latest review Air conditioning system - american pride was posted on Jun 3, 2020. The latest complaint terrible customer service was resolved on Oct 30, 2018. Amana Brand has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 43 reviews. Amana Brand has resolved 22 complaints.

Amana Brand Customer Service Contacts

+1 866 616 2664 (United States)
553 Benson Road
SatClosed
SunClosed

Amana Brand Complaints & Reviews

Amana BrandAir conditioning system - american pride

Three years ago, I replaced my mother's aging a/c system with an amana brand hvac, inside and outside unit. It's been a problem ever since, with component failures. My mother is 91 years old, and the reason we replaced it was to give her piece of mind. She's had everything but. I can provide the service history and the local installer info if needed. My mother used the word "lemon" to describe it yesterday. She's right.

Amana Brandamana refrigerator

Our Amana refrigerator ART316TFDW serial # VS62254299 purchased in 2016 failed in late 2019. The cost of parts to replace the evaporator and compressor is C$816.13 + labour + tax. The original unit cost was about C$725 + tax.
    We contacted Amana Canada by phone about this. They said that since we don't have an extended warranty, there is nothing that they are willing to do.
    They apparently aren't bothered by the fact that their product did not even last four years. That is not a good product and that is not good service.

Aug 09, 2019

Amana Brand — amana dryer

My niece surprised me with a new dry in the month of February 2019. She told me she order it online from "The...

Amana Brandterrible customer service

Stay away from Amana. The cheap, plastic handle on my 2-year old Amana dryer broke off. I sent them an email asking them to replace it, as most reputable companies would happily do so for a customer. They took several days to respond and then asked me for the date of purchase. When I provided that date, they replied saying that they would not replace the part as the warranty had expired. They then directed me to their replacement parts webpage, where they were asking for $32.49 for a replacement part. Within 30 seconds, I found the same part being sold on Amazon for $4.99. So not only are they unhelpful, but they are trying to gouge the very customers who purchased their products in the first place. I will not be purchasing any Amana products in the future and highly recommend that you do the same.

terrible customer service

• Updated by Maytag admin · Dec 10, 2018

JMiceli, we're very sorry to learn of your frustrations regarding your Amana® Dryer. We would like to inquire further about your review with you. Please email us at [email protected] with your name, phone number, address, the model and serial number, the website you were contacted on (complaintsboard ) and the date of purchase. Please also include a copy of your review in the email. Thank you. Amana Social Care

Amana Brand — clothes dryer

Purchased washer dryer set at HH Gregg. First mistake. After less than 3 years dryer starts stops and then...

AmanaI ordered a filter for my amana refrig. and received the wrong filter.

I need an Amana Type 2555A A134a Filter as far as I can identify Bottom Side by Side with the lower type filter. I received the Obvious None able to fit Filter which I am returning today thru the postal service and Hope someone will rectify the error. I should hope also to hear from someone to confirm your positive response in the very very near future. Robert E. Hadik
        [protected]@verizon.net

• Updated by Wp2008 · Feb 26, 2018

We thank you for your review, and are sorry to hear of the concerns you're having with your
            Water Filter. We'd like to follow up with you regarding your concerns. Please email us at [email protected] with your name, phone number, address and model/serial number and the website you were contacted on so we may do so. Please include a brief description of your concerns in your email. Thank you Whirlpool® Social Media

Amana — defy double door

I have the fridge foror 5 years the back panel rusting terrible .its unhygienic.all other fridge...

Johannesburg

Amana — washer/dryer

Last Wednesday they delivered my new washer and dryer. And my dryer takes 2 and 1/2 hours o dry a normal...

Amana — extended warranty on amana refrigerator

Purchased Amana refrigerator and extended warranty in 2012. When I came home one evening 5/26/2017 I noticed...

Cement City

Amana BrandWasher not finishing its cycle

We called two separate times, and had two different maintenance workers come look at a washer that hadn't been working for two months(January to beginning of March 2017). Each time they told us it was a water pressure issue, and we spent a lot of money to fix the water pressure and get city permits only to notice the machines still weren't working. It turns out that these "maintenance workers" didn't notice the clogged pipe in the back, we had to bring in our contractor to notice that.

Washer not finishing its cycle

• Updated by Maytag admin · Apr 10, 2017

Hi, my name is Marie, and I am contacting you on behalf of Amana. We would like this opportunity to address your concerns. Please provide your name, user ID (Karla Kristina Depina), ID number (100185), address, phone number along with the model and serial number and date of purchase and the website that you submitted your inquiry. Email to [email protected]

Amana — amana dryer

I purchased a Amana Dryer last Friday the 10th which was deliver on Saturday the 11th. Today March 18th...

Amana — Washer machine wont start

I purchased my brand new Amana washer March 2013 and it died completely November 2014. It wont come on at...

Amana StovesNew unit is damaged as well

I bought a window stove from Amana Stoves. This unit was used for about 3 months and the roof of the burn pot started to warp and form a crack about two inches long. I called this company and told them what was happening and they sent me another unit. Now the new unit is damaged as well.

• Updated by Wp2008 · Apr 12, 2013

Hello nemess. My name is Amber and I am a representative with Amana. We sincerely apologize for the frustrations you have experienced with your stove. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please email us at [email protected] and provide us with your complete contact information as well as the model and serial number of your appliance. Please also include the name of the site you were contacted on (ComplaintsBoard) along with your user name (nemess), and your ticket number (40036). We would be happy to review your concerns further. Best regards, Amber.

amana/refigeratorevaporator fan fails new design

i purchased an amana refrigerator 1bout 3 years ago. the evaporator fan failed which seems to be a frequent problem with model afd2535des. Im very hand and replaced my self because you shouldnt have to pay for an extended warranty if the product is good. my moms frig lasted 20 years. well when the part was recieved it was a drastically changed design. i feel that amana is doing product design research at the consumers expense. i' m writing nys dept 0f consumer affairs and my local state senator to start an investigation of the companies failed products we should all due this. additionally the part that failed was made in korea hopefully south i will find out. amana customer service thanks for your reporting a failed product so they can be addressed in future design considerations. Is there a federal consumer affairs board

• Ti
                  tired of junk fred Nov 08, 2012

tired of junk fred just found the part i purchased for 84.00 from marcone appliance amana paid between 1and 5 dollars for it in korea something is very wrong Know i understand why jobs are going over seas and we are forced to buy extended warranties. amana would have to replace my part evaporator fan motor about 60 times before the cost of my extended warranty was exhausted wow!!!

AmanaBad service

Amana does not make good on it's products... no replacement part so my range is garbage. Called them on the phone and back and forth conversation for 2 hrs. total in calls with no resolution. Spoke to a so called supervisor and got the run around. It is shameless to charge over $1, 000 for a range only to find that it can't be fixed. So many complaints about this range and they deny knowing about it? Anyone have any luck on getting any satisfaction? I filed a BBB complaint. Sinful to cheat people out of their money this way.

Amana NAV5800AWExtended warranty is a waste of money

I purchased an Amana NAV5800AW washing machine with a extended warranty. A year later it broke. A month ago I called Maytag warranty. They told me my claim would be turned over to a local dealer for repair and that I would hear from them in a couple of days. No one called. I called them myself a week later. They told me they would call back with appointment. They didn't.

They finally sent someone out. He said they had to order parts. Another week went by. I called Maytag again. They told me the job is being done by a third party company, and I should expect to receive a call from them. I am waiting again. I've been without a washing machine for two months now. Considering that I paid for the extended warranty it's outrageous.

amana refriderator — misinformation

I make an appointment over the phone through an automated service when my dryer stopped heating up. Then I...

Amana air conditioner — refund

2009 purchased an Amana window air conditioner. It worked for 1 month! 2010 the replacement again only worked...

Amana ACS3350The worst appliance I have ever bought

I am trying to get some satisfaction after having numerous repairs on this gas range and now the oven door is warped and will not shut! Unbelievable, just was on hold for 20 min. with their call center and was told there are 3 call centers, so nearly impossible to get the same person I talked to last week, even though she gave me her extension. I faxed her the documents of repairs made before and a long letter detailing the horrible quality of this range.

Amana top-loading washer — Does not drain or spin

We bought one of your Amana top-loading washing machines 2 1/2 years ago from C&M here in St. Joseph, Mo. All...