Wendy's In Whitehall, PA. / bug baked on my potato

United States Review updated:
I ordered a baked potato and some other food,I was eating it and when I turned the skin over there was a bug that had been roasted with the potato you could see the legs and the antennas. I showed the manager and he said he couldnt be sure if it was a bug. I asked him if he could be sure that it wasn't and he said no and then he gave me 1.20 to cover the cost . and that was it.......I did not cause a scene in front of all the other customers, but I could have especially after the way I was treated. I dont think it should be taken lightly when a customer finds something so discusting in their food.

Comments

Nm
  1st of Nov, 2007
I had the same experience tonight in Ottawa Ontario Canada - ordered a baked potato at the drive through window and when I had eaten about half of it at home I saw that there were two "bug like" things on the bottom. Needless to say, I freaked out, threw up (I was so grossed out) and called the Wendy's to tell them. We're talking about 1-inch long, black-brown color, looks like antennae and legs, a head and a body. The shift supervisor told me that it could possibly be the potato "veins" that maybe weren't scrubbed off before the potato was packaged and sent to their store.

I'm going to show a public health inspector tomorrow just for my peace of mind. If it turns out to be a potato part, then it's not a huge deal (although, for good customer relations they should really make sure that those things are not going out looking like that). If it turns out to be two bugs - I'm going to freak out.

Ugh.

Wendy’s International / The Wendy's Company Logo Wendy’s International / The Wendy's Company
Overall Satisfaction Rating