Wells Fargo Auto Finance / harassment and thievery

Phone: 1(800) 55-wells

This company is absolutely disgusting!!! Nothing but a bunch of lying con artists who prey on the very own people who bailed all the damn banks out in the first place. We need a revolution to happen where we all storm the loan offices and banks and take over.
These people charge up too and I'm more then 30% interests, which alone is criminal and then they play games to make sure that you mess up your payments so they can jack up the cost.
I set up an auto loan because my banker claimed that it would be the fasted and easiest way to get the money I needed and that it would build my credit. Non of this was true at all. All lies! I set up automatic payment to make life easier for me. i have a Wells Fargo bank account and was paying the Wells Fargo auto loan thru that bank account. Every time the bill was due something happened to screw up the money going thru. I had to reset up my automatic payment more then 6 times before i gave up. each time the bank had screwed up and then they tried to charge me for late fees and then jack up the interest. They claim that they can not contact the bank and that they are separate from the bank. This is also a lie. I was told from multiple people at the branch and thru the 800 number that they can do all that work and contact them but the auto finance never would help.
I finally paid off my loan at the bank branch with cash. I insisted to have my car title returned to me and they completely ignored me. They were alway quick to call me starting at 6 am until 11 pm but good luck getting ahold of them and getting anywhere. They are rude and criminal. They lied to me on multiple occasions as to when they mailed it out. it has been a month and I still do not have my title back. I figure they have stolen property and they should be arrested.

Comments

• Oc
      26th of Nov, 2011

I am going through the same type of issue. I have started a loan with them back in May 2011, they had me setup for automatic payments, but advised in a letter that I should go about making my payments manually until I receive a letter advising the process for automatic payments withdrawal was completed. Well the 20th of June came around, and my payment was due, and no letter, so I manually made the payment. I was not happy about it, but thought, well at least my July 2011 payment is taken care of. I checked back 2 weeks later and saw no payment due for the month of July 2011, so I figured everything is allright. As of today, I am one payment behind, and the title to my car has been released to them, but they have nothing to verify this, and DMV is not able to provide me any paperwork to confirm the release of the title for my car is in their name, and Wells Fargo should be abe to see this information internally. So now, my interest rates have gone up because they assume I have not taken responsibility to make the tile change, and I'm late on a payment, when I have records to prove money has been deducted. They absolutely want me to call them before they can rectify this, well maybe I am only sending messages because I need everything documented at this point. This is the worst treatment I have ever seen a business do to a customer. I have EVERY document to prove I am not late, I have changed the title of my car to their name and I am being treated like I am irresponsible. The automatic payments keep reappearing and disappearing, I'm not sure why it's so difficult. We're in the year of 2011 and an automatic payment switch can't function correctly?? That's absurd!!!