Web.com / no service from web.com!

1 Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:

I have had the most horrendous 6 months dealing with Web.com. They made server changes which caused my SSI tags to stop functioning (hence, I could not take orders on my site) and for the past 6 months I have been desperately trying to get them to permanently fix the issue. They do nothing but give me the run around. (open a tech ticket, close it- even though the problem is not resolved- promise a call back and never call, etc) I am finally taking the hours and hours it takes to change hosts- but only after much frustration! How can a company blatantly ignore its customer issues? Argh! And when I searched the net, I found they had done the same thing to many other customers. Beware of Web.com!

Comments

Js
  11th of Feb, 2008

I seem to be having the same trouble although previously (Interland Days) they were very responsive and also initally after their latest upgrade, but now my site is down all the time and I can't publish changes and am losing business.

Would like to know if anybody knows a way to escalate a problem and get action from them.

Bo
  12th of Feb, 2008

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH......is all I can say about Web.com. Email servers have been on the fritz for weeks now, tech support are just trained monkeys reading from a script, page loads are slowwwww, etc, etc,

I inherited this mess when I joined this compnay. Priority #1, get off of web.com as soon as possible!!

Anyone currently using them or even thinking of using them....DON'T !!!!!!!!

Absolutely the worst hosting on the planet.

We
  16th of Sep, 2009

You are all right. This must be the WORST hosting service ever!

I've been their customer for years and then only day looking at my statements realize that bill was almost 3 times higher that when I started with the company that they acquired.

So I visit their site to view the options then contacted them asking the reason for my increased. I was given an answer that made no sense and I requested a lower level account. They put me to a lower level but 'deleted' all my details forcing me to upload my site again.

I find this very unprofessional on their part and they will never see a dime from me again.

be warned!