Complaints & Reviews

invoices required for an audit.

To whom it may concern, I need copies of the receipts for the following charges made with my MatchMG...

Fraudulent emails

This company has been sending me threatening emails indicating that I need to provide my credit card information or my website will be taken down. I don't have a website hosted with them. I never gave them my email address. I have read other complaints on this site and it appears that some people may have responded to these fraudulent emails and now they have fraudulent charges. What can be done to stop this obviously fraudulent activity?

• Fe
    fennetec Jan 02, 2010

My complaint is highlighted on my home page at www.fennetec.com. The site is controlled by Homestead so I do not know how long they will leave it there but as far as I am concerned they will leave it while I pay to warn others.

Account closed

Homestead Technologies inc does ethics to be in this industry. They harass Customers. They have a simple...

Poor Customer Service

This company appears to be part of the Inuit corporate family. It is not. However, Inuit continues to give the impression that website design services are being provided by Intuit. They are not but are being provided by Homestead.
Customer Service at Homestead is non-exitent. Communications with customers are very bad and it takes for ever to get anything done.
If you are looking to do a website for a reasonable price look at others or go to an independent website desiger.

Failure to Deliver Priority Package

Tracking # [protected] mailed 01/31/12 at Homestead, Florida. Package arrived at St Johns post Office, 1234 St Johns Place, Brooklyn, NY 11213 at 4:03 AM February 02, 2012. Address of delivery Silvine Moore, 1213 St Johns Place, Brooklyn, NY 11213., just opposite the post office. Package was not delivered on 02/02/12 the expected delivery date, and no notice was left. I called my sister on 02/03/12 and gave her the tracking #, she went across to the post office at 3:00 PM on 02/03/12 and was told that she has to wait until the truck come in. She also returned to the Post office at 4:00 pm on 02/03/12 and was told that the package was not at the post office and they are not interested in the tracking number. This is the fourth package in three months I sent to my sister via priority mail that she had to go across to the post office days after to inquire about the package, The package I mailed on 01/31/12 contained perishable medication and other perishable items. The employee at St Johns Post Office that spoke to my sister today was very rude. Please check into this matter, Thank you.

They started charging my credit card $24.99/mo for nothing

My friend wanted me to check out Intuit web site builder. They were advertising $9.99 a month but when I checked it out there was no $9.99. The charge was $24.99/mo. That's when I logged off and called my friend.

I'm assuming I put my credit card information in before the price changed from $9.99 to $24.99. They started charging my credit card $24.99/mo for nothing.

• Oh
    Ohlande Dec 22, 2011

I just saw a charge for 19.99 on my online statement. I dont know who Homestead Technologies is but I DID NOT authorize this. Filing a fraud claim with my bank.

• HGRBS Apr 20, 2015

Yes. Yet no only that but Homestead charged me $5.+ even after I called the same day, deciding against using their services. When I contacted them by e-mail, I received no response.
    So this is what I did:
    1. I logged into Homestead Technologies
    2. I searched for an option in my account to cancel services (which I used)
    3. Now I'm going to report this to Fraud Avengers, BBB, FTC, etc ... ...

Thanks Complaints Board. We're going to list your site one of our community webpages among others who are also very pro-consumer. Time to get tough!

Reviewed the website, checked out templates, drafted a few ideas, didn't like the possibility. They offered a 30 day free trial, never went back or published a website. Never received any communication or confirmation from Homestead that I was enrolled. After auditing the company bank statements have found 7 months of charges at $19.99 each. Didn't have any contact information or cancellation policy to review. Needless to say, DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CHARGE CARD #!!! I use Intuit software in my business and have always been given confirmation and adequate contact information. BUYER BEWARE... SCAM.

I never used any of their service but am still out $60

I checked out this service but never used it. In order to evaluate the service I had to provide my credit card number. Although I never started using the service they continued to bill me. After I was finally capable to contact them to cancel my account they refunded me only one month of service, although they had billed me for 4 months of service. I never used ANY of their service but am still out $60. Terrible business practice.

Fraud and scam

In other to access the service of Homestead one need to provide a credit card details. I did just that but when I tried to unsubscribe it become a hell of time. They have set up a system in such a way that the auto respond will tell you an email has been sent to your email address which never comes no matter how long you wait for it. Finally telephone call seems to be like trying to extract blood from stone. Master fraudsters are at work here. They have billed me one month as at now and I don’t know what to do next.

Please everyone should keep away from this HOMESTEAD!

Margaret2 Jan 16, 2011

I had the same experience of signing up for their supposedly free trial which I never proceded with. Nonetheless they are debiting my credit card, ignoring emails requesting cancellation. Basically they provide you with no option by which to cancel. You cannot cancel your account through their site and their site has no "contact" option. I have reported them as fraudulent to my bank and complained to the Federal Trade Commission. The bank that is facilitating Homestead's fraud also needs to be held to account.

• Wi
    wizarddesigns Apr 22, 2011

my website was disabled and i have been denied the access to update my credit card information

NYCbiz2013 Jan 21, 2014

I too had the same thing happen to me! DO NOT USE THEM!!!

NYCbiz2013 Jan 21, 2014

It also happened to me!! DO NOT USE THEM!!

NYCbiz2013 Jan 21, 2014

sadly Google refers them when woman want to build a business page here in New York!

Billed me for no service

I checked out this service but never used it. In order to evaluate the service I had to provide my credit card number. Although I never started using the service they continued to bill me. After I was finally able to contact them to cancel my account they refunded me only one month of service, althogh they had billed me for 4 months of service. I never used ANY of their service but am still out $60. Bad busness practice.

Bad business partner

Homestead is owned by Intuit, providers of Quicken, Quick books, Quicken loans, Turbo Tax and Homestead web...

Fraud and scam

I have made NUMEROUS attempted to get this company to call me regarding a service issue I have been getting...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices