Complaints & Reviews

Web.com — terrible customer service!

Rude, cocky inconsiderate attitudes, continually from the foreign Customers Service Dept, that is being used...

Web.comno service from web.com!

I have had the most horrendous 6 months dealing with Web.com. They made server changes which caused my SSI tags to stop functioning (hence, I could not take orders on my site) and for the past 6 months I have been desperately trying to get them to permanently fix the issue. They do nothing but give me the run around. (open a tech ticket, close it- even though the problem is not resolved- promise a call back and never call, etc) I am finally taking the hours and hours it takes to change hosts- but only after much frustration! How can a company blatantly ignore its customer issues? Argh! And when I searched the net, I found they had done the same thing to many other customers. Beware of Web.com!

• Js
      J Sattler Feb 11, 2008

I seem to be having the same trouble although previously (Interland Days) they were very responsive and also initally after their latest upgrade, but now my site is down all the time and I can't publish changes and am losing business.

Would like to know if anybody knows a way to escalate a problem and get action from them.

• Bo
      Bobby D Feb 12, 2008

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH......is all I can say about Web.com. Email servers have been on the fritz for weeks now, tech support are just trained monkeys reading from a script, page loads are slowwwww, etc, etc,

I inherited this mess when I joined this compnay. Priority #1, get off of web.com as soon as possible!!

Anyone currently using them or even thinking of using them....DON'T !!!!!!!!

Absolutely the worst hosting on the planet.

• We
      Wendell Ogiste Sep 16, 2009

You are all right. This must be the WORST hosting service ever!

I've been their customer for years and then only day looking at my statements realize that bill was almost 3 times higher that when I started with the company that they acquired.

So I visit their site to view the options then contacted them asking the reason for my increased. I was given an answer that made no sense and I requested a lower level account. They put me to a lower level but 'deleted' all my details forcing me to upload my site again.

I find this very unprofessional on their part and they will never see a dime from me again.

be warned!

Web.com — wont cancel account

So i've had over 15 different website hosted with web.com and ever since they bought interland.com there...

Web.compoor service!

Anyone who has any dealing with Web.com probably will end up with an extreme case of Buyers Remorse. Here is a summary of my situation:

1. Signed up for a domain name and hosting package, but decided to cancel because the tech support really didn't know how to solve very many of my problems using their templates.

2. Canceled in August but my credit card was charged in September.

3. Requested on September 19 to get an authorization code to transfer my domain name, but as of today (September 24) it has not been given, and I cannot get anything but doubletalk after numerous calls. I have tried to speak to someone in authority, but I can only speak to call center minions half way around the world.

4. I have decided to start fresh with another company and select an new domain name.

• Pa
        paula Jul 08, 2008

web.com is awful. the customer service reps are rude, argumentative and arrogant. it was a nightmare trying to get unauthorized charges reversed. it took 3 days to get in touch with a live person. i called in may and disputed charges. they issued a refund after making me jump through hoops. but then they charged me again in june and july. trying to get that resolved was also a total nightmare. STAY AWAY from web.com. nothing but grief.

• Li
        Linda Oct 15, 2008

I like to think if you have nothing good to say, don't say it. HOWEVER...IN THIS CASE...I believe it would be a disservice not to say something. I was with Interland before it became Web.com. I've had a tech problem with my business site from 10/9 - 10/15. I am in the middle of posting new content to my site and can't transfer my site to a new hosting company until new content is up.

WORST SERVICE...OUTSOURCED PEOPLE WHO GIVE THE SAME ANSWER OVER AND OVER...
        I CAN'T GIVE YOU AN EXACT TIME THE PROBLEM WILL BE FIXED. AFTER 6 DAYS!!!

I would recommend if you currently are a Web.com customer, switch hosting. If you're not a Web.com customer, don't become one. I've never based anyone on the internet like this, it doesn't even feel good, but I wish I had seen these comments a while back so I could have switched out before this.
        Trying to save you a migraine!

• Br
        Brendan Jan 22, 2009

I HATE web.com. I have dealt with about a dozen hosts/registrars over the years, and they are consistently and undeniably the worst. From horrendous downtime to hideous customer support, they've cover all their bases.

I once had a database for out eCommerce site disappear after they performed an update, and all I got from tech support was that I should have created a backup! I'm sorry, I assumed they would be responsible and competent enough to do that!

Now I'm trying to transfer my domain away from them and I have to wait "1-3 business days" for that to happen. ANY OTHER HOST allows you to unlock your domin and retrieve your code online through your control panel. I can only hope that there aren't any national holidays in INDIA this week.

This is one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with. If you become a customer of theirs, you do so at your own risk. At least let your friends take bets on how soon you'll decide to drop them.

• Az
        Azzor Dec 20, 2009

im trying to get the auth code too, i dealt too with many registrars/hosts companies and this is one of the worst(yahoo.com was my worst! dont go there too), im trying to get all of my domains out of web.com

• Bu
        budd2id May 23, 2013

Three months ago I hired hosting at web.com and I must pay $12.55 for hiring it a year. But right after that every month they charge me $12.55 and deduct it right from my credit card. When I complained they didn't give any response up to now. It's Fraud. Never use this web.com. It is just another way to trap customer by promoting a cheap web hosting service. Be careful they will steal your money every month buy trapping customer. They don’t care about the complain of customer all over the world. They might just simply gives respond on public forum by saying that web.com is best and doing good service. Never believe in review that web.com is good. They might pay people to write any thing good about this company. Or the employees themselves write something good and pretend to be their customer. Never ever use web.com. They are thief and will steal your money every month. The best way to stop it just block your credit card, and they will not be able to deduct your money any more. This the only way because they don’t give respond when I complain.
        my web www.balitourinfo.com

• Fg
        Fgopl Aug 12, 2013

Webs.com is perhaps the worst with customer service. Only Premium users can contact the helpdesk, and their "Legacy Webs" forum results in your idea being considered for 3 years, but never implemented. They take away handy features, and do whatever they can to force you into getting a Premium account. If you're a developer, or have a brain, stay away from Webs.

Web.comweb hosting nightmare

So I have had a website with Web.com for over 5 years now. Sales and support were friendly and they helped me upload my site, and I was gratified to see it working. But I found the hosting service to be arcane and instruction, and after initially putting up the site, didn't do much with it. I tried periodically to check emails, and do other things like add a new user, but wasn't able to. Who knows why?

Every year or so as it gets close to renewal time, I try once again to do very basic things and am unable too. I get frustrated and forget about it. Finally I started to call the support line. They are friendly, and acknowledge that there is a problem with the site, but it is a server problem, and they will forward the problem to a "specialist team." I can expect a resolution in a few hours. Hours pass, days pass, weeks pass. Nothing happens, so I call back. Same schpiel. Days pass, weeks pass. I call back again. Oh "it's because you need to renew your site. Yeah, I say but my email has never worked for me, I can't download my files, I can't add a new user, and have never been able too."No, it's just because you need to pay for another year."Ok, fine I tell him to sign me up for another year. They say that it will take a few days for me to be able to access my site. Days pass, weeks, pass, I still can't do anything on my site. I call back. Another ticket, they say that they write that they have no problem on their end. They have created a new email account and been able to access it, but when I try I still can't. When I call support again, they can't seem to be able to access it either. Or add a new user. Or do anything."Oh, we need to send this to a specialist team". More time passes. No further response. I call them back because now I am determined to figure out why they are dragging me along, when they have not done a thing to give me even the most basic access to my site. this time it's"because my domain name is expired. Yeah, but what about ALL THOSE YEARS that nothing has worked, and I have been paying for your services and my domain name. "No we assure you that nothing is wrong with the site, it's only not working because you need to re-register your domain name... we promise". Fine, renew my domain name for another 5 years. "It will take a few days for the site to be back up." Time passes. Still can't do anything.

I am sure you think, what a #, why doesn't he just switch services. I really just wanted basic functionality so I could retrieve my files and move to another hosting service. But not being able to, I keep having to renew and drag this out so I can get my files back.in my latest call, they say I need "to upgrade my plan." even though I pay 7.95 a month... for nothing. So far I have already payed upwards of $500.00 to this company for nothing.

Now they have the audacity to tell me that if I actually want "the specialist teams" to actually respond to my tickets, I need to "upgrade???" You have got to be kidding me. YOU ARE SCAMMING ME! HOW MANY OTHERS ARE YOU SCAMMING? You have been warned. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY AS YOUR WEB HOSTING SERVICE. As of yet, I still don't have basic ftp access. "something is wrong with your browser." Theirs too apparently as they can't access my site or anyone's site since they are using Iexplore 6. WTF? How can you call yourself a internet hosting support staff when you can't access their pages on your browser? How hard is it for an internet company to download the latest Iexplore??

I am going to try Godaddy and see if they can retrieve my files for me. First company to be able to get them gets my business. I don't have faith though. I think that I have been scammed, or am the.01 percent that has had 5 years downtime. Unbelievable. As of yet I have only had 1 of my many tickets responded too, saying that everything seems to be working. Too bad none of even your support staff agree. At least I thank you for bothering to respond that once when I didn't pay your upgrade fee.

Sincerely,
      Sean

jonno1 Jun 07, 2013

the site is a total scam. $100 a month is what the promise will get you on the front page in all search engines in 4-6 weeks. 3 months later i have not received one call. They now tell me that i have to pay for the cellphone service in order to get traffic. Thats another $200. So, for $300 a month now they promise 6-9 calls per month. What horeshit!

• Ba
          baahubali Sep 10, 2018

the bhaktibeat.com

• De
          desiels Nov 05, 2018

I paid over $1000 to have all of our information updated on all search engines to make them compatible with one another, new website to make more tablet friendly and allow google placement. None of this came to fruition. They sold me the world and did nothing.

• We
          Web.comscam Nov 19, 2018

Web.com is a complete scam. They straight up steal your money. If you cancel they continue to charge. Dont trust these people... web.com is not reputable just trash.

• Pr
          Praveen gujjar Nov 19, 2018

My websie desigujjar.com show under construction . Plz solve this problem.

• Ts
          tshetshes Dec 11, 2018

i bought a domain name for a month and they charged be two times first trasection took place follow by authorised transection of the same amount, on the following month they used my card number without my permission and withdraw 3 times the amount the took on the previous month

• Th
          Three23 Jul 31, 2019

This company takes your money for a website and support but when you contact them for support its a fee. They sabotage you so that your website can't be searched for on google or any other search engine. Then you have to pay them to have it done so you can be listed. The website company is a total scam.

Joe lemon Aug 04, 2019

They keep sending me threatening emails to renew my subscription or lose service when I do not have an account with them. 5 emails received this year so far

Comments