Having problems with Web.com Group?

Web.com Group reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 2, 2007. The latest review Website hosting was posted on Mar 7, 2021. The latest complaint charges for website and marketing services never used was resolved on Dec 29, 2014. Web.com Group has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 87 reviews. Web.com Group has resolved 23 complaints.

Web.com Group Customer Service Contacts

+1 866 655 7679 (Customer Service)
12808 Gran Bay Pkwy W
Jacksonville, Florida

Web.com Group Complaints & Reviews

Mar 07, 2021

Web.com Group — Website hosting

Web.com has been hosting our website, McCorristonAgency.com since 2012. We recently discovered that we did...

Web.com GroupWeb site

Web.com built my new website to replace my existing one. It was completed and I was told it would be live in 24 hrs, well it wasn't. I have been on the phone for 4 days now trying to get connected to the right department to complete the job.
I have been without a website and email for 4 days now. My business is losing money and parents of our little preschoolers are missing this line of communication for which is so important.
What do I have to do to find help in finishing setting up my site. Iv'e been with WEB.COM for going on 5 years and may be going elsewhere. This is my last try to work this out before I ask for my refund
We are www.risingsunmontessoripreschool.com
Mark Gonzalez

Web.com GroupRegister.com

Our email has been down all day. Business cannot be conducted this way. Do not get your email here.

I have complained several times before about down time and speed. I hooked up 14 years ago and made a colosssal mistake. I not an email wizard and have too much saved on this awful platform. Afraid to lose all my email files.

Stay away!!!

Jul 14, 2020

Web.com Group — Lack of customer service / un-organized / hours on hold

We bought a business on may 1, 2020. The website was hosted by web.com; we submitted all the paperwork then...

May 17, 2019

Web.com Group — website promotion

Each year I have paid Scoot £80 + VAT = £100. This year I received a call from web.com. I said initially...

Web.comsevere organizational dysfunction

I have never experienced as much frustration working with a company as I have with Web.com during the past year. Employees who respond to telephone calls for help frequently tell you things that you later learn are inconsistent with what someone from a different department will tell you. For example, today I was told that I could stop the automatic billing when I spoke with someone from the "billing menu option" when I called in. That person said that he would transfer me to the "Loyalty Department" so that this change could be made. He specifically told me that I would receive a bill in my email and could then log into my account to pay the bill each month. When the "Loyalty Department" employee ("Mike") responded to the transferred call, he told me that this was wrong... that I had to keep the automatic billing. When I explained the inconsistency (along with the fact that there have been many inconsistencies during the past year), he insisted that the first employee from I spoke with was wrong and that he was correct. I asked to speak with his supervisor. Initially, he was not going to allow this, implying that it wasn't possible. When I finally indicated that I would be going on-line to document the problems, he finally gave me the name of his supervisor ("Candace") and indicated that he would put me on a brief hold while he tried to reach her. After more questions and two "brief" holds, he brought the supervisor ("Candace") on the line. She responded in the typical "clerk-type" fashion, insisting that the automatic billing was the only option..."a credit card has to be on-file..."). I asked to speak with her supervisor, a woman she referred to as "Ann Marie") and was told that this person wasn't available. Candace indicated that Ann Marie would call me back. She also told me that she (Candace) was the supervisor for both the Billing and the Loyalty Department and suggested that the phone menu might have routed me to the wrong billing department when I initially called. She said that this happens all the time. Web.com apparently has at least three different products and the phone menu doesn't necessarily route you to the correct people you need to speak to for the correct product.

She told me that Web.com has a new CEO. I sure hope that this new person can do something to help the oppressed consumers who have been held hostage by a company that was once great but is now an organizational disaster. When I was told that I needed to move my website to a new hosting platform last year, I found the new platform impossible to work with. I called for help and the support team couldn't figure out what was wrong. After having been double-charged for two websites for several months (the old one that was published and the new one that I couldn't get working properly), I finally reached someone in the support department who figured out what was wrong and it was an inconsistency/mistake on Web.com's part. They refused to refund all the money I was charged for the unpublished website. This was also a decision made by the "Loyalty" Department. If reimbursed, I would have used the money to hire Web.com's Hosting or Marketing Team to publicize the website for me, but I can also do this myself. I stay with Web.com out-of-habit. Someone with a very good vision and with good tech skills started it at a time when there were few hosting companies for small businesses. The company might have grown too much too fast. Right now, based on my experience and the other reviews I have read, Web.com is experiencing a lot of organizational dysfunction with consumers caught in the middle of employees and departments that don't necessarily work together. There is so much ambiguity and inconsistency in trying to work with the various people who answer phone calls there. I plan to speak with their new CEO if that is possible before changing to a different hosting platform to see if there is anything better out there.

Web.com Groupseo; scam warning stay away

We wanted to optimize our website, so we contact them to help improve SEO project. When we spoke with them over the phone, they propose a list of things they promise to get done in the first month and the charged was $1, 100
        3 weeks passed, not even 5% of the tasks was not done. I called customer service but no answer, call again, no answer, again, no answer. At this point I felt like I have been CON. I was so angry. I am trying to call my credit card right now to report a disputed charge. Hopefully, I can get my money back. What I didn't understand is how could BBB let a company like this still operate? I wish I could have found and read this board earlier before I sign up with them.

Web.comaccounting billing daily harassment

First, I want to convey that I am very pleased with the professional relationship I have had over the past 5 years with Web.com.

The immediate support to my website is priceless as a one man/ owner operation.

Recently, I have been struggling in keeping on time with my monthly payments. I have called and discussed my situation and ask that it be noted on my account. My wife is stage 4 Ovarian Cancer and fighting the Medical expenses is overwhelming. On top of that my Corporate accounts are slow in paying there invoices this year. I have always believed to over communicate to people I am owing when I have difficulties meeting my due date. I have over communicated my current challenges and still receive daily called and threats of compromised to my business website...

I don't want to loose my awesome web page which the modification team has been so professional in keeping up to date...

Please help me ... I will promise to have my payment in by end of week to bring me current. I only ask that the daily phone calls stop. I am under a lot of stress dealing with my wife's medical diagnosis...

Thank you Web.com for your product! I promote your services every chance I get .

Sincerely,

Herb Guinup, Tampa
          herbsnotarymobile2u.come
          [protected]

accounting billing daily harassment

Web.comno/poor customer service

The more contact I have with Web.com; the more trouble I encounter.

I have several domain accounts.

Too much PC, trying to look like a big company, with very poor customer service.

over an hour on the phone today (11.217)

I had to explain twice, "why" I wanted to speak to supervisor and never did speak to one.

The only folks at Web.com that can fix a problem is Nova Scotia office!!!

Web.com — magnottisconstruction.com

I canceled this last year in September, come to find that you have been fraudulently charging me continually...

Web.com — they ruined my website

My website doesn't work anymore because of them. I regret using their service. I called them and described...

Web.com — custom website and professionalism

I don't even know where to begin, sighs. First of all I paid for a custom built website which means that I...

Web.comproduct

Around 4-5 months ago I paid a web designer (Web.com) close to £600 in deposit to complete my website, but after 2 months of waiting and finally when I received my first draft, the quality of the work was so bad that I had to cancel my monthly subscription, I mean it came to a point where I was required to explain to them how to do their job.

Regardless to say the longer they wasted my time the longer I had to pay them due to my monthly subscription of £60 -£70 even though the website was not launch. Also I discovered after all this time they never had control of the domain name as it was still under my previous web designer.

When I approach they mentioned they worked on a similar web site but I believe now it to be a lie so to convince me to depart £600. Please any help or advice would be extremely helpful, this lose has officially set my business back 6-12 months.

Web.comthrottling of website function

I have been uploading and carefully deleting unused data files so as to note clutter and consume storage space on free website. having done that your site does not record the deleted files that not longer exist but rather show total data uploaded.
                Now im stuck in a project...only using 15mb but have maxed out .

Please could you adjust this bias.

www.infraredlimitededition.webs.com

Web.comweb hosting email entered with typo 1 letter

It all began with my trial web hosting with WEB.COM seeing as it was $5.90 a month I figured it would be good to look around and see if it was what I was looking for my small business. I am of IT background 30+ yrs an applications programmer at that.

When I signed up with WEB.COM I entered my email address with a typo, i used the 'M' instead of an 'N' and it didn't pick it up as a bad email address. My keyboard was dark and my fingers were off and it was late..

After a couple of days Web.com sales support calls were building on my voice mail of "welcome and we can help you." I have medical problems and can not always jump to it when I want to. Finally I answered the phone to an aggressive sales guy and that is when I realized I had not received 1 email from web.com. I tried to logon with my username but had forgotten my password, so I attempted to reset my password. The reset message was going to the email address with the wrong spelling.
                  1st call- I called Web.com tech support. The support tech was very helpful and I believed she had understood my issues, after a lengthy waiting period on the phone she escalated my issue with my email being misspelled. She never gave me a ticket number and I did not realize that. I waited 24 hours and then I checked my email for any web.com messages. Nothing. I tried to reset my password on web.com. Nothing. It was still going to the wrong email.

#2- I called tech support again. An arrogant, you woke me from what i was doing tech answered. He was irritated that i had a problem. I explained what transpired with the last call. He pretended to understand. He sent me emails to test the issue for the next 10+ minutes. He had me checking folders. I asked him what email he was ending it to, and he sent it to the wrong email address all along. He said he had fixed it and i should answer the survey with giving him marks of at least 4. He hung up quickly without me saying a word. I waited 24 hours again and tried again to access my account, change my password. Nothing.

#3- I called to cancel wait time was too long. I hung up after I cooked my dinner.

#4- So i called tech support again and spoke with a lady who understood my problem immediately, she gave me the ticket number, the information on how long to wait and such. I was almost confident that she would have fixed my problem when I received an email from web.com in my correctly spelled email that said "let me help you log on." I tried again on web.com to get access. Nothing. It didn't work.

#5-I called to cancel my account and i was put on hold for way too long again, kind of ironic that they have an extension for consumers who want to cancel their services. I am sure they purposely make you hold for an unacceptable amount of time on purpose. I will not wait another minute calling these scamming people. I am canceling my credit card on that account.
                  Conclusion- I should have known after realizing they have no email listed for any one to contact them. And get this they had the nerve to leave me voice mail messages to sell their Online Payment Processing. It's all about getting your money into their pockets. I will make as many reports as I can so others will not be caught in their false advertising, and unfaithful promises.

Web.com — web hosting - no way to cancel account

I have been ALL OVER my Web.com account trying to cancel my subscription - there is literally no way to do...

Web.com — i'm complaining about web.com regarding hosting and website

I was deceived and taken advantaged of by Web.com they lied to me. They took money from my account before I...

London

Web.comweb.com

First off if they advertise on regular tv and most people don't read the small fine print then I think you should take a look at the company. The hosting company I use is a company who started in Canada.

I won't name the hosting company I have because some companies have a decent image and branding however they're way better than this company, better than godaddy and that person that claimed they do websites register with that other company. Really. I used to be with godaddy years ago until a local tech in Philadelphia area I became good friends with told me to get off of them. The little hint of the company I use is hostu... That is the only hint. No its not hostgator.

Read the small fine print. Any extra charges might be because it states in their company. So it sounds like people want and don't read. It's funny too everyone wants free and google. Google is okay but we have a better search engine and you're info stays private. Type in google whatzon and then before you actually click the button let the name surpress out.

• Gi
                        Giving U the truth Sep 21, 2016

Web.com is a horrible company that will lie to you from start to finish. As a former employee of their company for over 5 years, I know all of there practices, from pricing, to the support, and what really goes on behind closed doors. I will be glad to provide anything you would like to know about their practices, how their sites are built, how they "market", and the increasing prices on their products. My live blogs will be broadcasting very soon, so keep an eye out.

• Lu
                        LukeJG Aug 07, 2018

@Giving U the truth how can i get my money back? spent over 2000$ with them

Web.commonthly internet service

When I signed up for a new domain, the contract of $32.95 that I apparently agreed to was totally hidden under a little question mark with a pop up menue that could hardly be seen and the contract they emailed me at the time of the first billing had no mention of a monthly charge of $32.95. I only found out about this when I thought that I had four fraudulent charges on my credit card bill. This was a total scam and after calling customer service, I managed to get my account canceled. I will still dispute these charges however. I never even used this service because frankly I didn't need it or know I had signed up for a monthly plan, only the name of new domain.

Web.comweb.com-ignite

When I renewed my domain with network solutions on 4/22/16, I was sold a free special of ignite for 99.95 thru sister company-web.com. I called the same day and cancelled it. I was charged for it and they would not issue credit.I have contacted both network solutions and web.com several times with no resolve to this. They each blame each other. This company is a scam!!! Beware!!!

• Gi
                            Giving U the truth Sep 21, 2016

They have an ongoing promotion of renewing your domain name, by purchasing the Ignite Online Marketing program. First of all ANY organic marketing program will do nothing in just 30 days. Ignite does NOTHING at all. They use this tactic in an attempt to upsell you on a more expensive program like PPC, or even their Facebook programs, which will cost you $189.95/mnth. It is a rip-off. Let me ask you this : would you pay anyone $189.95/mnth to create a Facebook page, when all they do is create one post per week on Thursdays, spelling is always off, and what they advertise has nothing to do with your business?? They prey on small to medium sized business's, because these business's dont know any better, and thinkk thats what it costs to do business. Keep in mind, they do not do ANY background checks on their employees, and EVERYONE in the company has access to your SSN and credit card number. Does that make you feel comfortable, having an ex-con reading your credit card number, and quite possibly will write it down and use it?