Complaints & Reviews

Web.comcontinue charging after cancellation

When I created my website with Web.com in August 2014 the monthly charges as per their website was CAD $2.95. Then in November I realised that they were charging me $22.95 per month and when I enquired it with Web.com support centre, I was told that only for the first month they rate was $2.95 as part of promotion and it was mentioned in the terms which I didn’t read and it was my mistake. I requested the Web support team to advice me the procedure to cancel my account and transfer my website domain to another service provider as my business is in the initial stages and has not started generating any revenue and $22.95 is not an affordable rate at this point. The executive gave me 2 weeks time to confirm my decision to cancel my account and I got back in about 5 days time confirming my decision to cancel the account with Web.com as I have found another domain & website hosting provider who provides a very reasonable rate. The website was successfully transferred to the new service provider on November 25th 2014 and I got the confirmation email from Web.com support personnel also.

Again on December 19th I have been charged $22.95 by Web.com and when I enquired with Web.com support I was told that I have transferred the website, email services, domain everything but I didn't cancel my account. The lame excuse I got was really shocking.

The whole point of moving the entire website to another service provider was due to financial constraint and I have clearly told this over phone to them in November when I confirmed the cancellation of my account. The executive made a claim request on my behalf to get the refund for the month of December and it was rejected in just one day stating that “that Web.com performed the services requested and that the sale was authorized by your company”.

What a shame?

Web.comcrooks!!!

Flat out stole my company website domain name and are putting it up for auction!!! THIEVES!!! I signed up for hosting only and found out 8 months into it they had charged me $29.00 per month for a service that was suppose to be $6.00 a month. I demanded a refund for the over payment and they would only give me 4 months worth. When my web developer tried to move my hosting it was denied. I called web.com and was told that unless I pay them the money that they ripped me off in the first place that they would not release my domain name. STAY AWAY!!! FAR AWAY FROM THESE CROOKS!!!

• Ex
        Executive Support Oct 15, 2014

Dear Apex Pest Management,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. We do value your feedback and would like to address your concerns, so we ask that you please send us your contact information and details of this post via the following link: http://support.web.com/

The Executive Support Team

Web.comunauthorized credit card charge

Mastercard alerted me of a potential fraudulent charge by web.com. I had never heard of the company, so i called web.com to explain the situation and ask for more information. Despite the apparently fraudulent nature of the situation, the web.com customer service representative repeatedly told me she would be able to assist me only if i disclosed additional personal information (Full name, phone number, address, etc.) . Sufficiently suspicious, i told her mastercard would handle the resolution of the charge, and canceled my credit card immediately.

Web.comfraudulant overcharging

Web.com charged me for the services i didn't opt for. And for two consecutive months they have been charging me $35. 89 and i wasn't even aware of it. For this reason my account went to overdraft and i had to pay for the unplanned overdraft charges. They had charged me full on with everything they could potentially throw at me. I was shocked to see that, when at the first month i purchased a basic domain purchase and free web hosting package; the speed of the web server was creepy slow. After paying $35. 89 for two consecutive months the speed was still the same - creepy crawly slow. And they call it professional business hosting! And it was a very basic website with low tonnage! Then about the seo stuffs and marketing, nothing worked at all! I have asked them for cancellation and refund. I shall await the usual time for the refund and if i don't get it i shall dispute the matter for full refund and compensation. One piece of advice - avoid this company like plague. No matter how much you pay you will not get anything from this company.

• Ex
            Executive Support Jul 29, 2014

Dear Ashrocks,

Thank you for your comments. We value all feedback, and use this information to continually improve internal processes, service offerings and customer interactions. We would like to address your concern regarding this charge, so we ask that you please send us your contact information and details of this post via the following link: http://support.web.com/

The Executive Support Team

Web.com — website

Web.com is a scam! I paid a fee for basically a face sheet. Nowhere does it say or have I ever given...

Web.comrefund

never could get them to design the web site i wanted they had no clue what so ever of what my call making company was about, i never approved the web site that they developed, but they went ahead and put something on the web i never even saw it and then they billed me after i cancelled, RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN FROM THESE GUYS THEY ARE RIP OFF ARTISTS, THEY GIVE YOU THE RUNAROUND, AND IT TAKES FOREVER IF YOU CAN EVEN GET YOUR MONEY BACK

• Du
              dubi1 Mar 18, 2014

i cant cancel here account on web.com and they charge my credit card every month without sending me invoice

• Si
              SityesnSyllables Jun 09, 2014

If you have ever been ripped off by web.com please contact me. I will give you better services than they advertise at less cost and without the ripoff BS.

• Oo
              oobigoo Jul 20, 2014

I have ordered webhosting for one year from web.com and the amount detected from my vsa card was higher that i have agreed, also am not able to use the services untill now since long time. i do not recommend you to deal with this thrift company

Web.com — unable to cancel subscription

I try to login using my credentials and it does not recognize my password. When I click link to reset it, it...

Web.comextremely poor customer service

They did a horrible job of setting up the web page. They also failed to live up to their sales commitments. I actually have to go in and update my web site using the web design tool. I attempted to complain to a supervisor about the poor service several times but was unsuccessful. Don't use their service unless your can manage your own webpage. The premium services is a scam. They tell you that your get all the help you need in the first 30 days. Good luck with that. It takes 5-7 days to get anything done unless you do it yourself.

THEY FAILED TO DELIVER!

• Sh
                Sharon Marshell Nov 11, 2013

Web.com is literally a scam company. DO NOT SIGN WITH THEM. The contact Phone Numbers they provide to Australian clients are not contactable. I had to cancel my credit card to ensure they could no longer take card payments.

Web.comhorrible web site design and no marketing

Do not use this service. They do nothing!!!
              I replied to their email advertisement for free web site design promising "Professional Website for Your Business
              Customized copy, design and monthly updates, Monthly Marketing To get you found on over 100 powerful search engines and local listings, Results Tracking Internet scorecard to track your results.
              They made and below basic web site in 2 days. They sent me an email on December 13th that it is on line and they have submitted it to the search engines. I called and asked for changes and they told me I have to do it my self. I then spent days working on my site using their on line tools. I made a 12 page site. I called them the first week in January about marketing the site when I was finished. for them to do the key words. They said they do it automatically. After checking in mid February I found I was not listed on the search engines. There was an area of the site for me to do it. So I had to have it listed. Then after another month of no results I called and they never did the key words. They totally dropped the ball.
              After 4 months and $400.00 in charges nothing was done and I received no results. I canceled my service. My site was supposed to be up till the end of my billing period and was taken down 2 days early. Nothing was done how it was supposed to be.
              They did not make my site for free.
              They did not market it.
              They did not set up keywords.
              They did absolutely nothing!!!
              I got zero results and just charges and excuses over the phone. A waste of money paid to them and lost revenue from business I lost.
              DO NOT USE THIS PHONY USELESS SERVICE!

RESOLVED

After reading the complaint they refunded my money I spent with them. The pressure of reviews pushed them to do it. Nothing else worked.

• Bu
                  budd2id May 23, 2013

Three months ago I hired hosting at web.com and I must pay $12.55 for hiring it a year. But right after that every month they charge me $12.55 and deduct it right from my credit card. When I complained they didn't give any response up to now. It's Fraud. Never use this web.com. It is just another way to trap customer by promoting a cheap web hosting service. Be careful they will steal your money every month buy trapping customer. They don’t care about the complain of customer all over the world. They might just simply gives respond on public forum by saying that web.com is best and doing good service. Never believe in review that web.com is good. They might pay people to write any thing good about this company. Or the employees themselves write something good and pretend to be their customer. Never ever use web.com. They are thief and will steal your money every month. The best way to stop it just block your credit card, and they will not be able to deduct your money any more. This the only way because they don’t give respond when I complain.
                  my web www.balitourinfo.com

Web.comfraudulent charges

I originally dealt with Web.com after filing a Legal Zoom LLC. They promoted a free trial of a service which would help you to build a company website. They offered a bunch of services, all of which I declined. I just wanted to use their free trial. The operator at web.com asked for credit card information, telling me that I would not be billed until the trial period was up and that I could cancel at any time. The next day I had pending charges posted to my credit card.

I promptly called Web.com and requested to cancel the entire service. They then reversed all of the charges and did not charge me a dime until just recently. I take a look at my credit card statement almost a year later and find that they now want to bill me $37 for the renewal of a url address. I disputed web.com's charge and they denied my request for a refund. I will be disputing this charge on my credit card.

My advice is to avoid dealing with web.com. $37 for the renewal of a url address is absolutely ridiculous to begin with. I manage two websites and pay just $10 per year for each. The operators that I dealt with at Web.com would just tell me anything to get me off the phone. I was told my account was closed and a year later I am receiving a charge. These deceptive business practices just seem to be the way that web.com conducts business.

• Da
                    Dave542 Feb 19, 2011

Web.com sales person promoted to me that they could improve my website, improve my shopping cart and do SO for it. I was skeptical that they could deliver, but she offered that they would do it for no cost up front and prove they could do it. Then, she asked for a credit card to varify the business. On the recorded call, I repeatedly stated I did not want to buy anything now, I did not give permission for anything. They even sent the recording to me later, when I complained about subsequent charges when their tech department decided they could not deliver. They never even had access to my website to do any work, but billed me for 3 months before I realized it. I have received absolutely no effort on their part to resolve it, and have an attorney working on it. NEVER, NEVER do business with this company, especially with so many options out there

Web.com — television commercial vs customer service rep

A commercial about Web.com advertised that they would build a website for your business advertise on google...

Web.comcaught in a spider web scam by web.com

I receive calls [protected]) from this lady (Bridgett) about getting my business on the first page of Google. She kept call me saying that she was with PayPal, and the service would cost me 76.00 a month and I could cancel any time. I told her ok can I use my PayPal account to pay for this service. She said no only a Visa or MasterCard. I told her a first I didn’t have that amount on my credit card but I could charge it to my PayPal. She said only a valet credit card Visit or MasterCard. I told her I had to talk to my partner and let her know.

She called back and I said ok and charged it to my visit card after this she took the information down such as key words to be use with Google search. It was not until the end of this conversation with the other person that took the information that I was told if I had any problems to contact Web.com all this time she was saying she was with PayPal until she got my credit card information and at the end she said Web.com.

• Wh
                      whitesmokescam Dec 15, 2012

keep away from WEB.com my site performance is awful!!! I talked with 3 different support guys and girls, each told me different thing

they dont have the call rating like bluehost does, stay away from this mess of a company

Web.comdeceptive business practices

I observed a T.V. Ad for Web.com that they would design a professional web sight and optimize it on Bing, Google, and Microsoft to market my business. It also advertised a 30 day free trial. I called the first salesgirl told me they were going to give me a $ 3, 000. custom Website for free they would host and optimise the marketing of my business for $97.00 per month with additional charges for a shopping cart, and other bells and whistles it would cost under $ 200.00 per month this was higher then sites in the past that we paid $ 20. to $ 50. per month but got little results I gave them a credit card after hours on the phone with them giving them my credit card they send me a site looks like a High School kid designed it. Then they hit me up for up front fees for a real site. They had no answer that to of their employees promised me a custom made $ 3, 000. web site for free without a contract and when I asked how they could make this offer they said they have over 3 million clients and most are so happy with the results they wouldn't think about moving. It was a bait and switch game it cost me as I did a Hugh mailing giving my domain name and tell the customer base to find us soon on Web.com WHAT A MISTAKE

• Ti
                        timster Aug 25, 2015

I signed up with logoyes to use a logo designer to make a logo. To the best of my recollection, they claim the service is free. They ask for my credit card information to charge .99 to validate my identity or something like that.

I then get an email saying that i since i used logoyes, i am entitled to a year of free hosting, which i don't really need as i already have an isp, but since it is free, sure, maybe someone i know might want a site hosted, no harm right?

Nothing in their communication led me to believe that they would start charging me after my free year, but lo and behold, they started billing me 9.95 a month. Was it at the bottom of the terms of service agreement? I don't know, but a company that sneaks a charge into a service agreement is using black hat methods.

Then they got hacked and compromised my credit card info!!! I didn't even know they were charging me 9.95 a month until i was notified of their data breach. They refused to issue a refund for the unused hosting they duped me into signing up for.

Not only that, the employee at the call center first claimed that the charges were summarized on an email sent to me. They were not. When i read her the email, she then backtracked by insisting that it should have been implied that a free year of hosting with the logo would lead to charges without further notification. Total scam!

Web.com owns many web properties, including network solutions, register.com and others. Should you accidentally sign up for one of their services and not use it ... Because you didn't know you signed up for it, it won't matter to web.com. They are fine with you paying for services that haven't been used nor rendered. Black hat, deceptive, unscrupulous and should be investigated, even before their data breach.

Web.comunauthorized charges

I called and inquired about a facebook page. They were supposed to call me and get approval once the page was created. I was never called and I was charged $40 a month for absolutely nothing. I called my bank and the bank rep put me in 3 way with web.com rep. The rep indicated that the account would be canceled and a refund of the $40 would be enacted. The cancel code was 100F14L and the refund # was 193911. After one day I received an email stating that no refund will be granted and I will continue to be charged $40/month. I still do not have a facebook page. This company's main business is fraud. They haven't done anuthing for me. Beware you will be ripped off. They will lie, put you on hold foreever.

• Et
                          ethos Aug 12, 2012

Cancel the card with your bank. refute the charges. write web.com a cease and desist letter, CMRRR. demand your money bank and that their services are terminated for incompetence.

Web.comno service rip off

web.com is a fraud and rip off! After speaking to a representative about designing a website for my company. I was billed for services I never received. When I called to complain and have the charges removed it took a while, but soon after that I received an email stating my website was ready for approval. When I previewed the website it was absolutely unprofessional, poor spelling, poor set up, poor content, and what made matters worse this company has the audacity to state it's the top rated company. The design, quality, content, and set up of the website was anything but professional. Poor quality, you couldn't see the telephone number and the city of my business was on the homepage twelve times, yes twelve times.

I called immediately to have this matter corrected but to no avail. I then called to cancel the service and no one will return my calls or answer my emails.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!
                        You will go through hell to get your account canceled!

Web.comno service, poor product

I registered a domain name on register.com. Hours later someone from web.com (The parent company) calls and offers to build and optimise a website on my new domain.
                          I take them up on the offer. The price changes as we talk. From about $95. It's now about $700 because it's considered a customised site. The site doesn't go up in a reasonable time, so i call. In a few minutes i get an email saying, it's up! I'm so excited and pull up the domain only to horribly disappointed at what i saw. They made the most amateur front page i could ever imagine. There are hundreds of free templates on the net which would look better.
                          I called and ask to speak to a manager. No one called back.
                          I called again and ask to speak to a manager no one called back
                          I called again - and the agent asks me to hold. . . And without saying anything transfers me to register.com

• Aw
                              AWarren Dec 20, 2014

Yes Web.com has may issues such as submission forms and if you edit the page too much it make double copies of another page and delete the original.

Web.comunauthorized charges to my bank account

I signed on with web.com November 2010, several days after I signed on a representative called me to welcome me and find out why I had not started utilizing their services...I informed him that i had changed my mind (there was suppose to be a 30 day trial). I informed him that I wished to cancel the service. I did not think anything more about it. I just found out September 2011 that this company has been billing my bank account every month for the service I wasn't using and was under the impression had been canceled. I immediately went onto their website and attempted to cancel the service once again--I found that I had to call in (I'd already spoken with them once nearly a year ago and that hadn't worked)--now a year of charges with no service later...I spoke with a rep again who assured me that it was not canceled and she said she would remove my bank card from the account so they could no longer charge it--my problem is...they've illegally charged my card 166.00 already and I want a refund. I was informed that they will not consider refunds nor do they review the account to note that I'd never even signed into the account. This company is a complete rip off. I would not recommend them to anyone and after a brief "google" on complaints against them--it's obvious they've done this same thing to a number of folks...I wish an attorney would consider a class action suit against them as they are robbing people left and right. The Headqtrs for the office I spoke with is located in Jacksonville Florida.

Web.comall front end no back end

This company is such bs!. All upfront sales and zero customer service. Once your hooked into their automatic cc billing at $95 mo, a fee for site hosting, it's literally impossible to cancel. I have tried so many times to get questions answered about my account that i began just asking for a supervisor. This was because every “agent” as they apparently refer to themselves in customer service had to defer my questions to a supervisor and that supervisor is a myth. Each and every time agent would leave me on hold (Min 7 min) every occasion. One time waited on hold approaching ½ hour in total and still the super known as "amanda" could not call me back. I was told excuses such as: “she was on the phone, she was in a meeting, she was right next to the agent and he would transfer me”. Yeah, straight into voice mail. Or “oh, let me get her for you” then on hold so long i had to hang up. I mean really, be this mythical supervisor be on the phone or in a meeting or whatever, it all turned into plain old lip service! With 100% zero follow through. All front no back end.
                              No one knowledgeable beyond key stroking an order. Worse, agents with no common sense, courtesy or a clue about professionalism.

I was a customer that had paid nearly $800 dollars already for their bs hosting service and after 2 months all i wanted to do was disengage. Funny, no one was available to help with that. Pre - scripted pitch and rehearsed answers for these "newbies" hires. The owners must be making too much money to care.

Just utter disappointment in having to deal consistently with poorly trained, zero phone etiquette newbies. Turn over must be super high. All newbies answering the phones in customer service department is all about the front sales. Mind you, every voice was sweet but useless in answering my question. Then failing to get anyone who could was insulting and just bad business. If your going to have people say
                              “how can we help you” they should teach customer service people to go the distance and see it through with that same customer. Confirm the customer found answer’s to the questions they had. That absolutely does not exist at web.com. From i found on every call.

When i disputed the charges over and over visa cc department, they got involved and now building a case. To this day i have never been able to speak with a manager in their resolutions dept. Just email lines like. "after exhaustive research on your claim we determined it has no merit and is denied". Or when i demanded to speak with a live person after seeing that. They sent back email "you will not be receiving a call from a live person, everything must be in writing for our protection as well as yours"
                              Oh such scrap! This company stinks. Is a horrible company and i hate them.

Don't ever think web.com can help do more than steal your money.

Sincerely yours,
                              Dg

• Es
                                  EscalationsTeam Feb 01, 2012

Response from Web.com

Hi, Dean.

At Web.com, we take concerns such as those that you have raised in your post very seriously. As such, we would like to follow up with you regarding the facts surrounding your recent experience with us. To accomplish that, we ask that you send your contact information to our support team at [protected]@web.com so that we can follow up with you.

Thanks for your help, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Executive Support Team
                                  Web.com
                                  [protected]@web.com

• Li
                                  LifeCoachLisaMarie Apr 28, 2012

I totally agree with Dean. I have had a terrible experience with web.com.
                                  This is the nicest response I have ever seen from them. They have sent me a bunch of nasty emails and refuse to return my calls.
                                  I am so disappointed to hear that they purchased Register.com. I have a long standing relationship with Register.com and have always received great care from them. They are a great company with high integrity, unlike Web.com.

• Aa
                                  AAO May 04, 2012

I've had a similar experience with web.com. Our company started with Inter-land in 1999. Subsequently Inter-land was bought and sold numerous times (we were never notified) until web.com purchased a few years ago. Now web.com has purchased Network Solutions and my understanding is things will go from bad to worse. Unfortunately, our IT ex will not let us switch even though there are numerous providers with much better service, not to mention a better product, and ethical to go along.
                                  Although, too numerous to detail here, my latest encounter with Web.com was my 5th ticket regarding email in in 4 months. Problem was I wasn't getting any. The last time it turns out my email was hacked so web.com shut it down, no phone call nothing just no email for 4 days. When I called I was told I sent out over 1, 000 emails at one time. I responded that I did not send any such thing, I was then scolded because my passwords were "weak" which is why it happened (my fault). Web.com is a nightmare, the FTC should shut them down.

Web.comhorrible business practices

We recently had to close one of our debit cards due to unauthorized charges. We did not realize that this was the card we used to set up and run our website and email with Web.com. Without a warning or even trying to contact us about the issue, web.com shut down our business website and email. I immediately contacted web.com and updated our payment history. Our website is up and running and I can send emails but we are not getting our emails. All of our business comes from our customers via email and most orders need to be completed within 24 hours. We are losing lots of orders and customers because our clients cannot send us emails. We are a new business that just is starting to take off and this is ruining us. I have contacted web.com via email and phone more then ten times and it still has not been fixed. I find that this is horrible business practices especially for a company that markets itself to small business. In today’s market businesses rely heavily on email and websites and cannot afford to have this happen. Web.com thinks they can keep doing this because of the difficulty it would be for a small business to switch to another company.

• Es
                                    EscalationsTeam Oct 24, 2011

Dear Sir or Madame,
                                    Can you contact me directly regarding the complaint by emailing [protected]@web.com with a contact phone number?
                                    I will be more than happy to respond to you directly by phone regarding the complaint.

Thanks for your cooperation in advance!
                                    Executive Response Team
                                    [protected]@web.com

Web.comhorrible service

Web.com is horrible. First they tell me that they are going to optimize a site for me that I built. They then tell me that it isnt good enough to optimize so they have to build me one. They build me one that I did not like and never called me back on my service calls. They then proceeded to continue to charge me for my site that I built and the one that they had built. I let it go for a couple of months to see if they could actually optimize it. Theirs was a .net and mine was a .com. My site that I built showed above theirs that they were charging $80 per month to optimize after 4 months. My site had only been on the web for 6 months. Doesnt seem like they do anything for that money. Thats not the worst of it. I called to cancel the stuff and they kept telling me that everything would go down if I did. I cancelled anyway, nothing went down and they charged my accounts once again for each of the sites that they were supposed to be doing something with but werent. The worst part, when I tried to cancel I found out that they were charging me to optimize a domain that I didnt even own... wow. Worst company I have ever dealt with