Web.comwont cancel account

J

So i've had over 15 different website hosted with web.com and ever since they bought interland.com there service has gone down hill... I wanted to cancel a web hosting plan that was no longer a client. Since it was 5 days past the renewal date they wont let me cancel and want to charge me a "termination fee" . What is with this.. .All I get from support is canned answers and I have to "talk" to billing.. I ve email several people in Tech support and it seems no one cares... WEB.COM support is terrible... they dont care about existing clients and seem not to care about retaining business. Stay away!

Jonlinc Jun 07, 2021

I have the same problem, though via direct debit on my bank account that's proving extremely difficult to cancel.

Joseph Jalbert Apr 11, 2021

I also did not sign up for "notice renewals" My credit car showed I did but was 2 days late to cancel.
    Lost about $870 for another 6 months of SEO work which was not done. No one I spoke with made me aware of the "Main Service Agreement". The 17 pages of legalize allows web.com to own you and charge what they like. I recommend not going with Web.com or any web company until you read the service agreement. Then, do not sign up. If they have your credit card close your account with your credit card company. That will not allow web.com to charge a new credit card you did not activate but received in the mail.

I receommend Web.com service personnel have direct contact with billing to resolve disputes and change the 15 day to no notice of renewals to 15 days period.

• Do
    domahman Apr 08, 2019

It looks like they make it as hard as possible to cancel. I think they forced everyone to auto-renew even if you set it to not auto-renew. Then they prevent people from reversing and forcing everyone to call customer service - where you can't reach anyone. So, they collect money and blame on you that you did not cancel their service. What a terrible company. Knowing this, I would recommend everyone to transfer to another service immediately... it's not a good sign (I've read somewhere online that transferring domain is a nightmare; do it now).

• Do
    domahman Apr 08, 2019

I tried canceling... can't even get it done.

• Ak
    aksam Jul 04, 2011

web.com is one of the bad websites ever... i tried to cancel but it is immposible...

Johanna Mar 10, 2008

I have had the same problem, I e-mailed several times wanting to cancel. They ignore my e-mails and "extend" my contract and charged my Ccard without approval. Once I charged it back I get a notification that they will send me to their collections agency.

I then called and they wouldn't cancel my account unless I pay the "outstanding" amount. I explained I never authorized this and I will not pay them. They simply don't care. When I asked to talk to a supervisor they claimed they were all in a meeting. I asked the manager to call me once they got out of their "meeting" but of course I never got a call back.

Please don't ever do business with these people, they are not to be trusted....