Walmart / awful service

I went to this particular Walmart to get two tires balanced and put on my truck. Seems like a pretty simple job to me, but not for these folks. I should have known better, the gentleman in front of me needed a tail light replaced. They removed a clear bulb and replaced it with a yellow one!

Anyway, I told the young man behind the counter what I needed done and told him that occasionally my clutch would stick to the floor which could be popped back up with his foot. He said that was fine, no problem. It was a two hour wait, which I agreed to and left for a while.

I returned in two hours to see my truck sitting outside of the garage door and the tires had not been put on. I went inside to see maybe if I was next in line and the boy told me I had no brakes and needed to get my truck towed. I told him my brakes were fine and went to see for myself. I got into my truck and pushed the brakes and brake fluid came pouring out.

I was very upset at this point and the automotive manager came out and told me I should get it towed. I asked him what had happened and he said there were no brakes in my truck when the went to pull it in. I told him my brakes were just fine I had just driven it there. He proceeded to tell me that I couldn't have driven it there because the brakes were busted before they had got into the truck.

I was fuming at this point because I know my brakes were fine and now I had a busted brake line. Of course, I had to get it towed and when the tow truck driver got there I tried to pull my truck onto it and SURPRISE!! My clutch was busted as well. I refuse to ever go back to this Walmart and have considered taking this to small claims court.

I drive my truck everyday back and forth to work with no problem. I just find it coincidental that my brake line and clutch was busted at the same time in Walmart's care. I am lost at this point and do not believe I am responsible for something they had done.

A  27th of Jan, 2009 by
i had a similar situation where they broke my seat. they said they would fix it until they found out that it would cost 1000 dollars. they then turned it over to their insurance company.wal marts insurance company said they were not responsible for the employee breaking my seat because it happened as a result of the employee carrying out his job duty. I asked if he had ran my jeep into the building would it still not be their fault because it is his job to drive it inside!! GOOD LUCK!!!

Walmart Stores Logo Walmart Stores