Walgreens: Photo Center / passport photo

1 407 E Green St, ChampaignChampaign, IL, United States Review updated:

Walgreens does not allow you to print your own passport picture -they scan all the pictures that you take and removes the passport pictures so that you can pay the ### $8.99 for two pictures.

The Champaign location on Green St is particularly notorious -this being campus town they think they can fleece students at there will for passport pictures, very rude staff and inconsiderate.

Comments

29th of Dec, 2009

Im not sure why they would not just print the picture. I used to be the photo manager at a Walgreens. In my opinion you could print the passport image if you wanted to, and if it was not the right dimensions( head size, background color and so on) that would be your problem. They should have just let you print it, and told you the specifications just in case. Although from what ive seen, a lot has changed since i left Walgreens 3+ years ago.

• Tm
      7th of Mar, 2010

I had a problem with a Walgreens in Fremont, CA (Paseo Padre & Mowry). I came there 3 times about the same order and every time there was a different problem preventing the order from being fulfilled properly. After wasting my time they gave me a refund. I don't think they are legally allowed to sensor the client's content but just were instructed to screw up orders like mine. Funny that my document photos were not even for passport.

• Jm
      2nd of Mar, 2011

Don't goto Walgreens for passport size photos. In my whole experience they are the worst.

20th of Oct, 2012

Worst passport photo experience ever, they use a cheep pocket size camera to take your passport photos, only one shot in a dark not lighted corner of the store, also they charge 10-20 % more than professional shops.