Walgreenprice Gouging

went to get two Tamiflu prescriptions filled in two Walgreen Pharmacies. The first took the prescription but didn't have them in stock. Sent us to another Walgreen that had Tamiflu. We gave them our insurance cards and the first thing they said was that they couldn't get through to the insurance carrier, they also said we need new insurance cards. We did not get one of the prescriptions filled because they wanted to charge us $149 for each prescriptions. The next day we contacted our insurance carrier and they had all the information given to them by the pharmacy they were just waiting for them to fill the prescription. When we went back to Walgreen they immediately refunded $146 of the original charge, and only charged us $3.00 for the prescription. If they do this 10 times a day they can make a profit of more than $1000 a DAY. Every time we got to Walgreen Pharmacy they are telling somebody that they can't get through to their insurance company. THIS IS A REAL SCAM

Yb
Jan 15, 2015

Comments

• Re
      May 22, 2009
    walgreen - over charge
    Walgreen

Walgreen charged me $39.45 for a generic anti biotic that was $4.00 at WalMart and other pharmacies I called
    The customer service at the Duncan OK Walgreen is the worst I have ever experienced. I will not go back!

May 28, 2009
    walgreen - Was not given my dollar for doing your satiefaction survey
    walgreens
    436 north 18th ave.
    Sturgeon Bay
    Wisconsin
    Phone: [protected]
    [protected]@doorpi.net

I have done your satisfaction surveys for a long time and find on the inter net I should of been reinburst for them.
    Margaret Karnopp
    436 north 18th ave.
    sturgeon Bay, Wi.

• Mo
      Oct 03, 2009

Think that's bad refill Imitrex prescription 9/28/09 jumped from $20.00 on 7/18/09 to $199.00.
    Morrison IL

• Pa
      Mar 09, 2011
    walgreen - OVERCHARGE
    WALGREEN
    Williamstown
    New Jersey

My husband thought he was doing me a favor and had my prescription filled @ Walgreens. Only problem - the cost @ Walmart is $ 10.00 - the cost @ Walgreen was $ 168.00.
    That lovely pharmacist Stacy told me basically tough luck.

• Ms
      Aug 04, 2011
    walgreen - NOT CHECKING VOICE-MAIL BOXES
    WALGREEN
    8120 COCKRELL HILL RD
    Dallas
    Texas
    Phone: [protected]

I CALLED WALGREEN PHARMACY AT 5:06 PM-----, 7:25 PM THEY SAID MS CARTER NO ONE CALLED IN A PRESCRIPTION AT ALL.I LEFT MY DOCTOR 3 MESSAGES BECAUSE I WAS PUSSED I REALLY NEEDED MY MEDICINE BECAUSE I CAN'T SLEEP AT NIGHT .SO I NEED SOMEONE TO CALL ME ABOUT THIS BECAUSE I COULD HAVE PICKED IT UP ON 8-3-2011 VERY UNPROFESSIONAL THEY DID''NY CHECK GOOD.[protected] MS.CARTER I HAVE BEEN WITH THEM TOO LONG FOR THIS TOO HAPPEN.