Verizon Fios / awful cusomer service, awful tech support

Verizon FIOS
Franklin Lakes
Oh my God!
I can't even begin to describe how frustrating it is dealing with the Verizon FIOS people. We had switched our home phone, internet and TV to these clowns.

For 2 weeks now they have unable and perhaps unwilling to solve a huge problem with their DVR box... So we are left without complete tv availability for 2 WEEKS. I have had techs to the house 3 TIMES & of course you have to wait for 4-5 hour windows for them to arrive. I have spent upwards of 8 hours on the phone with them in just this two week period!!! You can never get though to anyone who has any authority...just scripted customer service reps. Now today there email servers are down. Stay FAr Away From Verizon FIOS!!!
Oh, by the way, for all this trouble Verizon has not offered any compensation!

A  16th of Jun, 2010 by
Stay away from Verizon FIOS. I have had the phone/TV/internet freedom essentials package for several months. I have no trouble with the phone (not cell) and minor trouble with the internet. But the TV makes up for it in constant problems. This does not include the utter frustration when trying to contact Verizon customer service by phone. Be prepared for long wait time on "hold" and poor ultimate results.

It's all in the DVR for me. Live TV viewing works okay. We record and watch 90% of our TV viewing with the DVR and FF through commercials. There is constant trouble with a variety of the DVR functions. Minor things like video freezing while audio continues on after fast rewind. Random video tearing and audio dropout. Play button frequently doesn't respond during fast forward.

Major DVR problems include incorrect, "hard drive % full" indicated. Hard drive may show 60% full with only two hours of HD recorded. Scheduled programs (to be recorded) not recorded at all or shown as recorded but content not there. Some recorded programs mysteriously deleted before they are viewed.

I have spend much time learning how this DVR works and know it well. It's not me. I'm a retired electronic engineer. This is not rocket science we are dealing with.

I have replaced my DVR twice in less than three months. Some work better than others. Each reacts differently but none operate flawlessly. Some flaws are eliminated while some are added depending on which DVR. I get no real help from Verizon on this situation. I have taken each unit back to a Verizon super store, they are cooperative and respond, but the problems continue as does the dissatisfaction on my part.

I regret leaving Comcast as bad as they were... this is worse. My two year contract prevents me from switching back.
A  3rd of Aug, 2010 by
Stay away from verizon fios. I have had no internet for past 3 weeks. I have tried to contact them numerous times just to get transfered over and over again, and then get disconnected. Their lines are broken. Noone takes responsibility and noone cares and noone will help you. It is mismanaged and rotten company that has gotten too big too fast. Stay with your existing carrier, TV of internet service. I would like to say bad customer service but there is no service and they charge you automatically so I just have to end my contract and pay them donation :)

Just stay away from verizon its that simple really! Listen to the advice.
A  25th of Apr, 2011 by
I had the same problems with Verizon customer support. They are the worst in the business. I made a few calls and the Verizon rep hanged up on me. I had one that acted so helpful in the beginning and after reviewing my account, "thank you for calling Verizon. Good bye."
I did not get a chance to say WTF? The Verizon customer support supervisor is a waste of money for Verizon. Supervisors are front ends for managers. Managers do not interact with customers according to the supervisor. I am glad that I ported my home phone number from Verizon landline to AT&T cell phone - $10/month on family plan. I used Xlink to connect my home phones via blutooth. All I have to do now is shop for Internet and TV bundles.

Verizon Communications Logo Verizon Communications