US Bank / mistake

1 P.O. Box 2188Oshkosh, WI, United States Review updated:

I purchased a vehicle in 4/06 and obtained a lease from US Bank. I decided in 3/08 to purchase the vehicle. My bank secured a loan with me and called US Bank for a payoff. Someone at US Bank sent a faxed quote to my bank, my bank sent a check to purchase the vehicle. Now US Bank says they made a mistake and sent the wrong quote. They want more money. My bank tried to talk with US Bank but they don't want to discuss this with them. They have now put this to collections, even though I am making my payments on time to my bank, I am receiving numerous calls from a collection agency who tells me they are repossessing the vehicle this week. US Bank will not take responsibility for their own mistake they are punishing me for their error. I have excellent credit and they are ruining it for me. My suggestion: Tell everyone you know not to deal with this bank and if you do deal with this bank, take your money elsewhere. This corporation doesn't know what "customer service" is all about, I am proof of that.

Va

Comments

• Da
      25th of Aug, 2008

I also had a vehicle lease from US Bank (08/2004) because they had a reasonable rate at the time. The vehicle was a 60 month lease and was a great vehicle, but 4 yrs later, I decided to downize. I did not want to purchase the vehicle at lease end and simply wanted to turn it in. US Bank has been the worst bank that I have ever had experience with. I never had a late payment in 60 months and never called them except to turn the vehicle in.

They sent an independent inspector out a month prior to the end of the term and he inspected the vehicle. The inspector, obviously paid by US Bank, noted ALL minor scratches and imperfections in the bumpers and fenders. I understand paying for damages that are major and but the charges were ridiculous for a four year old van!

I was sent a letter which sated that I owed US Bank about $315 in "excess wear and tear" and that they would inspect the vehicle again when they take the car back. They reserve the right to add additional charges at a later time. The letter left the reader with the feeling of: "Fine! You won't buy the car, and refinance with us? You will pay us more money one way or another!"

BEWARE! It didn't end there. A small part of the lease agreement stated that "If you do not purchase the vehicle" you are subject to a TerminationFee: $395.00 I was sent another bill a month after I turned in the vehicle for $710.00. I called to speak to a representative at US Bank. The woman who answered my call was so rude and very quick to say, "It's in section 5 of the lease agreement that you signed! I can send you a copy of it because you agreed to it!" Woah! Hold on! Back up the bus lady... I understand that I had signed the agreement, but I do not understand why she felt necessary to react so defensively. She then told me that ALL US Bank lease agreements have the TERMINATION FEE clause and always have.

US Bank may have a good rate, but they will NEVER get my business ever again! In fact, I will make it my mission to tell everyone in my circle of influence to not only avoid US Bank, but warn others about their "hidden fees" and poor service. I would rather finance at a higher rate than get hit with US Bank's fees at lease end.

I have lease 3 vehicles and never had these issues. READ THE FINE PRINT! Live and learn.