US Bank / "lost" checks cashed by us bank and not applied to account

1 1850 WabashOshkosh, WI, United States

I opened an auto account with US Bank in May 2015. My payments were paid by third party payer 'SmartNote' through auto draft. In November 2015 US Bank lost my payment after cashing the check and then said I didn't pay it. I sent them a copy of the cancelled check and they said they would correct the error. They never did. In Decembre they received and cashed my December payment and applied it to the November payment. They called me later in December telling me I hadn't made my December payment. I again sent them copies of both the November and December checks. They told me they could not be certain that the faxed checks were real, implying I somehow forged them, and wanted them resent on 'SmartNote' letter head. That was faxed also. On Jan 6th, 2 days before the 30 day late deadline they still hadn't corrected the problem and told me I had to send them another payment by debit or I would be reported to the credit bureau. Instead, I refinced the vehicle with credit union and overnighted them the payoff which they received on Jan 7th. On Jan 8th they reported me to credit bureau anyway and still has $795 of my money that they said was never paid eventhough they cash the check. They were completely unconcerned and indifferent to the fact I was a customer that had obviously paid the payments on time.

Ly