UPS / store closed before posted business hours

1636 3rd Avenue, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 212-410-7814

The posted hour of operation times for are Saturday 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Today, I arrived at the UPS branch at 1636 3rd Ave (Branch #0561) at 3:55 p.m. In my hand I had a letter that I wanted to send and for which I needed a return receipt. The door to the store had been locked. The young man who was apparently finishing up for the weekend angrily waved me away. I indicated, pointing to my watch that there was still time before closing. But the employee waved me away again.
I am fed up with employees of companies who think they can knock off early and get away with it. If you are paid an hour's worth of wages you must work that FULL hour, no skimming. If you don't like that, I'm sure management can find a replacement who won't mind adhering to an old-fashioned work ethic that used to make American workers proud, even in the humblest of jobs - "an honest day's work for an honest day's pay."

Comments

• He
      17th of Mar, 2012

So your watch is the right time? You waited until 5 minutes prior to closing according to your watch. How do you know what their clock said, maybe it was like 3 minutes and since no one was in the parking lot they decided to close and finish up the paper work and any cleaning they had to do before they leave?