UPS / delivery rules & regulations

1 Brooklyn, NY, United States Review updated:

UPS is the LEAST user-friendly/customer oriented company that I have ever dealt with. I live in the city. I don't have a car. I work 9-5, and I live in a building w/o a doorman. UPS only delivers 9-5 on weekdays (when everyone is at work), and will not leave your shipment in a lobby or in front of your door (even if you authorize them to), nor are they authorized to call you to come open your front door if your buzzer is broken. After 3 attempts, they will send your shipment back to the sender, or you can authorize them to hold your shipment at their designated office. So, you pay for shipping, and essentially have to go pick your stuff up anyway. The only office where I could pick up my shipment is 3 trains, and 1 1/2 hrs. away from me ONE-WAY, AND it is only open until 6pm. So, I work until 5pm, and it will take me 1 1/2 hours to get there, and by then it will be closed anyway. Here's the real kick in the pants, there is a location right around the corner from me, but they won't leave my package there because I do not have a mailbox there. When I called to complain to a supervisor about their ridiculous polices, she told me to contact the sender and try to arrange for another delivery company to re-send it. How does UPS even stay in business like this?! NEVER AGAIN will I purchase anything where it needs to be shipped via UPS!

Comments

• Kn
      14th of Mar, 2010

UPS is the best shipping company around. I always recieve perfect condition packages and I would recomend there speedy service to anyone, Fed Ex is no comparison!