United Parcel Service / ups lies!

1 Washington DC, MD, United States

I ordered something on Ebay and the seller, in good faith, fully addressed the package and took it to their UPS store, paid for the shipping and kissed it goodbye. I never received the package. A month later, I find out that the day after it was shipped, the driver marked it as undeliverable because there wasn't an apartment number. Later the same evening, he returned the shipment saying that I refused the package. Nary a slip was left -- with just my name as he says my apartment number was missing - nor did they hold the package for five days and leave notices for me. They immediately returned it to the UPS store where the counter person signed for it and then just let it sit there. Now that we have finally found the package and the UPS store confirms that the apartment number is legibly written on the package, UPS insists that I pay AGAIN to ship it as the apartment number doesn't show up on their "manifest." Even though I point out that the driver lied about the apartment number, lied about my refusing the package (if he couldn't find me, how did I refuse it?), and then returned it without holding it for five days or leaving notices, they still say that I need to pay to reship the package. What can Brown do for me? Not much. I just flush after I make some. DON'T USE UPS!!! THEY SUCK AND THEY APPARENTLY HATE CUSTOMERS.